Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The murder of Keane Mulready Woods.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭This is it

I wonder will others think twice about entering a life of crime seeing how he ended up. We've seen/heard of people being murdered but this goes a bit further.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I didn’t think travelers were involved in drug dealing? I thought it wasn’t tolerated in their circles?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have literally never seen anyone take cocaine and don't know anyone who does. Are my family and friends complete outliers or what? Because this narrative of "Open use, you see it everywhere, everyone is doing it" is not my experience at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

pc7 wrote: »
    I didn’t think travelers were involved in drug dealing? I thought it wasn’t tolerated in their circles?

Ah c'mon. Thats what half the feuds are about.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Antares35 wrote: »
    True. But equally just because his death was wrong does not mean we all have to jump on the bandwagon weeping and crying and asking what is wrong with our country.

A town turns into a lawless cesspit, but you're fine about that because you don't live in a place like that.
    Yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ah c'mon. Thats what half the feuds are about.

Well I’m not involved with feuds or warring factions and I genuinely thought it was more tarmac and the likes that they got involved in, I thought drugs would be a no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Play with fire, you get burnt (in this case, to death)...

I know he was only 17 but he knew what he was getting into, he chose that life. I would also question the parental guidance and upbringing he had. He didn't just wake up one morning and decide to start down a life of crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

pc7 wrote: »
    Well I’m not involved with feuds or warring factions and I genuinely thought it was more tarmac and the likes that they got involved in, I thought drugs would be a no no.

I'm not involved myself but these things are reported and have been for some time. Your tarmac thing went out when they were still mending pots and pans. The Italian mafia never dealt in drugs either until they did and now its basically all the do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Meanwhile in the Dail... "OK lads is everyone ready for the election? Maximum expenses claimed? Could we sneak through another pay rise while everyone is distracted? The country's fine, everything's grand."

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Sono Topolino

Antares35 wrote: »
    True. But equally just because his death was wrong does not mean we all have to jump on the bandwagon weeping and crying and asking what is wrong with our country.

There is something very wrong with chopping people up and dumping their body parts around, and the kind of society and economy that breeds that.

And personally I wouldn’t be ok with being threatened because of my toerag brother/cousin/uncle/Dad’s drug debt. But that’s what happens - it sucks whole families in.

And we need to deal with it or else we’ll eventually turn into Mexico with heads hanging from motorway bridges.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I have literally never seen anyone take cocaine and don't know anyone who does. Are my family and friends complete outliers or what? Because this narrative of "Open use, you see it everywhere, everyone is doing it" is not my experience at all.

You haven’t been to enough corporate Christmas parties.

Not everyone is doing it, but a significant minority are. Celtic Tiger 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I'm probably naive, but I really wonder how all this snow is getting into the country. Is it via couriers, post, via NI, or what. Just curious. I suppose it would never be all intercepted anyway. Still...

And another thing, probably also naive, since the Gardai and others it seem know the names of the top members of the gangs involved in this feud (the names were given on another thread/post), could the Gardai not just sit on them 24/7 constant surveillance, interrupt their daily shenanigans etc. Full on. I know it would require huge resources, but needs must at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

But if he was just shot dead at home in his bed, would that make it more acceptable i.e less of a news story?
    I am trying to see if the manner of his death is the bigger issue here rather than any other drug feud death.
    Obviously the age is a factor too.

But if he was just shot dead at home in his bed, would that make it more acceptable i.e less of a news story?
    I am trying to see if the manner of his death is the bigger issue here rather than any other drug feud death.

The manner of his death and his age are what make the story interesting. I think the focus on his age is misguided, but the manner of his death displays a lawless mentality that is dangerous to society at large.

That being said, there are good reasons for us to be worried by the rampant organised crime and the inability of the Gardaí to stamp it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I think the manner of his death is the biggest issue with his age a close second.

It was a horrible way to go but then you reap what you sow and he had to have known what kind of world he was involved in. I don’t condone it but I’m not surprised that his fate was to lose his life as result of being involved the drugs trade.

His age is being made a much bigger deal of than it should be. He was a month away from 18, not a child as the media and all the bleeding hearts continue to insist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

These communities need to come together and let these gangs know they’re not welcome and won’t be tolerated as they did in Limerick in 2009 after the murder of Shane Geoghegan

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/world/crime/thousands-protest-at-gangland-violence-91454.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm probably naive, but I really wonder how all this snow is getting into the country. Is it via couriers, post, via NI, or what. Just curious. I suppose it would never be all intercepted anyway. Still...

And another thing, probably also naive, since the Gardai and others it seem know the names of the top members of the gangs involved in this feud (the names were given on another thread/post), could the Gardai not just sit on them 24/7 constant surveillance, interrupt their daily shenanigans etc. Full on. I know it would require huge resources, but needs must at this stage.

We've a lot of bays and only a couple of boats patrolling a very expansive area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I think the manner of his death is the biggest issue with his age a close second.

It was a horrible way to go but then you reap what you sow and he had to have known what kind of world he was involved in. I don’t condone it but I’m not surprised that his fate was to lose his life as result of being involved the drugs trade.

His age is being made a much bigger deal of than it should be. He was a month away from 18, not a child as the media and all the bleeding hearts continue to insist.

I tend not to follow these stories too closely but was he chopped up because it was easier to dispose of the body or was it done and deliberately exposed as a message?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I despair at the fact that I live in a society where a 17yr old teenager could be that deeply ingrained in a criminal gang that he ended up kidnapped, tortured, brutally murdered and wasn’t even granted dignity in death because his body chopped up & dumped like rubbish, with the whole thing caught on video to boot.
    It’s like something out of the cartels in Mexico.

I’m not excusing his wrong doings but that child had no hope of becoming a decent, morally balanced person when you look at who raised him & what kind of influences were around him growing up.
    He was failed by everyone.

We all hate the idea of living in a nanny state but some serious questions need to be raised on a nationwide level on the consequences of poor parenting, and increasing the level of state intervention when parents fail their kids if necessary.

Túsla is under-resourced, overstretched and its way too hard for them to remove children from dysfunctional homes. So many children end up falling between the cracks.

I know it’s possible and not unheard of for kids who grew up in decent loving homes to turn to crime, but more often than not these scumbags come from generations of families where violence, addiction issues, domestic abuse, no respect for the law, and a lack of employment/education are seen as the norm.

This is the problem, and so the cycle continues. This will only escalate before it gets better and that’s terrifying.

so what political party is out there that will change the game with regards to this?
    not one is the answer.
    the known "godfathers" in the drug scene should be locked up indefinitely under internment rules.
    the parents of the little scrotes going around causing mayhem should be put on notice that any more bull**** from your little angels, will result in social welfare deductions from yourself, along with enforcement of any rents owed to the local council.
    any further bull**** from the little scrotes will result in the parents being put on a 3 strike policy, with the end result of jail.
    that's what needs to be done to clear up society, cause what we are doing now is just not working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I have seen a short video allegedly of him being attack and a pic of dismembered corpse.

The video does look pretty genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

I don’t have a lot of sympathy for this guy who was murdered and am sure the people of Drogheda are glad to see the back of him, but if the politicians and the justice system had got there act together years ago and to a lesser degree the the garda this young man would still be alive or at least be in a secure place for all the crimes he had committed in Drogheda. The politicians and the judges have the blood of many young people on their hands and I include John Lonergon the ex governor of Mountjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

We've a lot of bays and only a couple of boats patrolling a very expansive area.

For every Young Offenders style drug boat cock up, there's bound to be hundreds that make it undetected. Likewise ports and airports aren't foolproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I tend not to follow these stories too closely but was he chopped up because it was easier to dispose of the body or was it done and deliberately exposed as a message?

Quite likely a message as many bodies are never found and if that's what their aim was they're terrible and disposal.

I have to believe it was to send a message. Mind you the man the Gardai believe is responsible is apparently an actual psychopath so his thought process would be completely different to mine or yours so who knows.

I have seen a short video allegedly of him being attack and a pic of dismembered corpse.

The video does look pretty genuine.

It’s beyond me why anyone would want to distribute or watch that kind of content.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Well, theres no clear public statements from anyone who did it. Investigators comments would just be suggestions. But if you're dropping some body parts off in a sports bag in the middle of a housing estate, without any attempt to conceal it, it has nothing to do with disposing of parts. 800 years ago, been hung, drawn and quartered wasnt a punishment, it was a warning to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

It’s beyond me why anyone would want to distribute or watch that kind of content.

You should watch it- it will be a real eye opener to see how sick and depraved humans can be to each other. There is a sick world out there.

The Mexicans drug cartels act in the same manner. There was some real stomach churning videos posted online. Actually this video was short and probably a 1 out 10 compared to Mexican narcos.

It is beyond my pay grade trying to fathom how people can act like that to each other.

It is posted for:-

1. Vanity/trophy gathering
    2. Warning- although it does not seem to have made any difference in Mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The gardai confirmed this as a fake. Well the video may be real but isn’t the murder in question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Long_Wave wrote: »
    No sympathy for a toerag who goes around killing defenceless Cats. The state have saved 50 years worth of dole payments.

Expressing empathy for animals over humans is a clear sign of Sociopathic thinking.
    Believing a person deserves to be murdered in the most brutal, horrific fashion because they killed a cat is extremely disturbing and thats putting it mildly.

Advertisement