Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The murder of Keane Mulready Woods.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

tom1ie wrote: »
    so what political party is out there that will change the game with regards to this?
    not one is the answer.
    the known "godfathers" in the drug scene should be locked up indefinitely under internment rules.
    the parents of the little scrotes going around causing mayhem should be put on notice that any more bull**** from your little angels, will result in social welfare deductions from yourself, along with enforcement of any rents owed to the local council.
    any further bull**** from the little scrotes will result in the parents being put on a 3 strike policy, with the end result of jail.
    that's what needs to be done to clear up society, cause what we are doing now is just not working.

Most of this is wishful thinking, and obviously this problem will never be completely eradicated, but this situation could be improved by:

1) Increase resources & authority/power for Túsla so that children at risk are monitored closely and those in dysfunctional homes can be removed.
    At the moment its seen as an empty threat as its widely known how little juristdiction they have - this needs to change.
    Losing custody of your kids should be a natural consequence for irresponsible parents, at the moment it isn't.

2) Introduce new options for learning a trade after the Junior Cert in lieu of the LC, if the student isn't academically inclined.
    Education is WAY too academic focused at the moment.
    Make it financially attractive if necessary to encourage them to follow through with it so they will be a)busy & occupied and b) have a legitimate way of earning a living when they're finished.

3) Penalise the social welfare/fine working parents of children who are regularly absent from school or who disrupt & misbehave.
    If there isn't improvement after a number of fixed penalties have been issued, Túsla should be stepping in and either removing the children or working closely with the family to ensure their education is complete.
    Ensure there are legal consequences for parents of kids who don't complete school to Junior Cert level (unless there are learning difficulties etc), whether that be a bigger fine, community service or a short prison sentence.

4) Tougher sentencing, along with the introduction of new laws to prosecute those who target vulnerable youths for gang membership.
    Being a member of a known gang should be a criminal offence.
    Once you rack up a certain amount of previous convictions, you should automatically be locked up for a long stretch of 10years or so as a deterrant.
    Most law abiding citizens go through life without racking up even ONE conviction, let alone a few hundred.
    Its inexcusable and they should be removed from society until they are rehabilitated.

5) Better rehabilitation for those newly released from prison.
    Better help and support in finding employment or returning to education.
    More regular check ins to ensure they are on the right path.
    Incentives (if necessary) to stay on the straight and narrow, such as some sort of award or recognition if they don't reoffend and better their lives.

In short, better support for vulnerable kids and less tolerance and more consequences for sh*tty parenting.

It all comes down to the parents & your average, decent parent would have nothing to worry about the above law changes.
    Its only the ones who live life on their own terms that would be effected.
    We need to stop making empty threats and start actually following through.

Again, I know its mostly wishful thinking.
    But I think saying "good riddence" etc. is pointless.
    Innocent people will be hurt and the next generation of these gangs will be more vicious than the last if the government don't do something about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

A town turns into a lawless cesspit, but you're fine about that because you don't live in a place like that.
    Yet.

What would you like me to do about it? It is me jumping on the pity bandwagon that will deter future incidents? Is it my sadness or condemnation that will change the course of these people's lives? It is in it's arsé. Most of us are too busy living compliant, tax paying lives, working 9-5 and rearing decent human beings and simply don't have capacity, energy or inclination towards the "it's a disgrace Joe" brigade. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

MadYaker wrote: »
    The gardai confirmed this as a fake. Well the video may be real but isn’t the murder in question

Well whoever was being attacked in that video must certainly be very seriously injured or killed too. Was it filmed in this country.?
    Somebody mentioned it was an incident that happened some time back.?

Expressing empathy for animals over humans is a clear sign of Sociopathic thinking.
    Believing a person deserves to be murdered in the most brutal, horrific fashion because they killed a cat is extremely disturbing and thats putting it mildly.

Ironically, so is torturing animals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

MadYaker wrote: »
    The gardai confirmed this as a fake. Well the video may be real but isn’t the murder in question

I believe there are a few videos going around some fake.

The one I saw was not of the murder as such but allegedly of him alive being assaulted with a machete. He is still very much alive but sitting on the ground. It cuts off after about 30 seconds- it was not fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Antares35 wrote: »
    Ironically, so is torturing animals :)

Is that a sign of a psychopath?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Well, theres no clear public statements from anyone who did it. Investigators comments would just be suggestions. But if you're dropping some body parts off in a sports bag in the middle of a housing estate, without any attempt to conceal it, it has nothing to do with disposing of parts. 800 years ago, been hung, drawn and quartered wasnt a punishment, it was a warning to others.

Yeah I wasn't sure if they had the dump the body parts prematurely because they were being watched/followed.

Loving all the hair salon psychiatrists among us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

There is something very wrong with chopping people up and dumping their body parts around, and the kind of society and economy that breeds that.

And personally I wouldn’t be ok with being threatened because of my toerag brother/cousin/uncle/Dad’s drug debt. But that’s what happens - it sucks whole families in.

And we need to deal with it or else we’ll eventually turn into Mexico with heads hanging from motorway bridges.

Or we need to educate our kids and peers who use illicit drugs what this is doing!

How many use cannabis and think no harm comes off it?

Everyone who buys the drugs are contributing to this problem and should feel responsible to what is happening.

However we all know this is not what happens and we only hear how families get dragged on to this when there is a problem.

Signs are there well before it gets to that point but they are ignored!

This has been happening for decades. The only difference here is the gruesome manner of the killing. In reality they just swapped a gun shot to the head.

• Advertisement

Is that a sign of a psychopath?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ie/blog/in-excess/201611/the-psychology-animal-torture

Not entirely sure, I thought it was sociopathy. Don't have time to research in full but suffice to say it is hardly a hallmark of a decent human being! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Loving all the hair salon psychiatrists among us.

You don’t watch a video of a young man being mutilated and murdered for any other reasons apart from ghoulish curiosity and because you are desensitised to violence.

Don’t need to be a head doctor to work that out, pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Or we need to educate our kids and peers who use illicit drugs what this is doing!

Everyone who buys the drugs are contributing to this problem and should feel responsible to what is happening.

However we all know this is not what happens and we only hear how families get dragged on to this when there is a problem.

People know what using illicit drugs is doing, in the same way buying clothes in pennies supports sweatshops.

They know. They don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭snowgal

Expressing empathy for animals over humans is a clear sign of Sociopathic thinking.
    Believing a person deserves to be murdered in the most brutal, horrific fashion because they killed a cat is extremely disturbing and thats putting it mildly.

says who??

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Sono Topolino

Peanut2011 wrote: »

What do you do when people say: “hey, sorry about the crime and violence but I really want to snort this cocaine”?

Like the Christmas party I was at had lots of intelligent, educated people - many of whom had legal qualifications - snorting cocaine in bathrooms. They know exactly what this is doing, but either don’t care or are too drunk to care.

It’s not ignorance, it’s indifference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Yeah I agree. Its very sad an all but it's a cat. Get a grip. He firebombed people's houses and people are horrified by a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Too much profit involved, someones always going to take advantage of it. Need to legalise I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I wish the killers had waited until next month to sort out this scumbag as it really would have saved a lot of hand-wringing and wailing that's going on now over the murder of a child. Actually not a child but a CHILD.

You don’t watch a video of a young man being mutilated and murdered for any other reasons apart from ghoulish curiosity and because you are desensitised to violence.

Don’t need to be a head doctor to work that out, pal.

It is indeed ghoulish curiosity- not going to pretend otherwise. As I said in my earlier post, it is an eye opener to see how sick and depraved humans act toward each other.

Is it really any different than going to cinema and watching a blood and gore flick. Probably not, expect the realisation that this is a sad reality. I would rather force myself to watch it than bury my head in the sand.

Ironically, we label other humans as 'animals' when we believe they have acted in a disgusting manner but there are no animals in the world that act as disgustingly or depraved as mankind.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Paradicia

PaulieC wrote: »
    I wish the killers had waited until next month to sort out this scumbag as it really would have saved a lot of hand-wringing and wailing that's going on now over the murder of a child. Actually not a child but a CHILD.

What are you talking about?

• Advertisement

Paradicia wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

I am guessing that he was going to be 18 next month ergo an adult and that it would have made this whole sorry affair less shocking for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You haven’t been to enough corporate Christmas parties.

I've been to plenty; I work in a profession with a lot of money spent on entertainment. I've still never seen anyone snorting cocaine or even speak about doing it, either at a corporate party, on a random night out or in any of my social circles.
    I have seen a short video allegedly of him being attack and a pic of dismembered corpse.

The video does look pretty genuine.

Gardai have said the video doing the rounds most widely is of a different assault which took place in Artane last month in which the victim lost a finger. There have been no verified images/videos of Mulready so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I imagine there will be arrests soon enough given the evidence they have.

Or will there?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/dublin-shooting-garda-dublin-airport-21299914

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Paradicia

I am guessing that he was going to be 18 next month ergo an adult and that it would have made this whole sorry affair less shocking.

In response to that:

It wouldn't have made a difference. In what scenario is leaving a man's decapitated head in a burning car any different? The crime itself is crazy and it wouldn't have mattered what age he was. The depravity is off the charts. This is something that might happen in Mexico - not northside Dublin. If he was a bad kid, he should have gone to trial for his actions and paid the price - not with his life. There was still time for him to have his life turned around.

Dial Hard wrote: »

Gardai have said the video doing the rounds most widely is of a different assault which took place in Artane last month in which the victim lost a finger. There have been no verified images/videos of Mulready so far.

Fair enough. As another poster said the video itself is a real assault but I read that Keane would have been wearing a different colour jacket than the guy in the video. Still an horrific assault.

Camera phones etc are bringing images to what we previously only read.

In response to that:

It wouldn't have made a difference. In what scenario is leaving a man's decapitated head in a burning car any different? The crime itself is crazy and it wouldn't have mattered what age he was. The depravity is off the charts. This is something that might happen in Mexico - not northside Dublin. If he was a bad kid, he should have gone to trial for his actions and paid the price - not with his life. There was still time for him to have his life turned around.

No I think you are missing that posters point. S/he was saying that there is more 'hand wringing' by Joe Public as he was a child rather than an adult in that posters mind.

Still of course a depraved act no matter what age.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

No I think you are missing that posters point. S/he was saying that there is more 'hand wringing' by Joe Public as he was a child rather than an adult in that posters mind.

Still of course a depraved act no matter what age.

That is exactly my point. Politicians were using the word CHILD to score political points. The guy might have been a child by legal definition, but there was no way he was a child.

Also, in response to a few of the posts in this thread, he didn't come from a deprived background. His housing estate is a perfectly normal estate that you would see across many areas of middle class Ireland. Where he was killed though, that's a different story and I suspect his parents may have been from that estate originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

In response to that:

There’s no if about it. He clearly was a bad kid and sadly I think he was beyond redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Is the cat thing fact or rumour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

There’s no if about it. He clearly was a bad kid and sadly I think he was beyond redemption.

We’ll never know now.

Advertisement