Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The murder of Keane Mulready Woods.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's Cameron Blair & his family I feel sorry for.

That’s the first time I’ve actually heard the chap’s name. That’s awful now that I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 axlmac

nullzero wrote: »
    The solution should be self evident. Either legalize and control the illicit substances these vermin are selling or begin to penalise those buying them.

The world and his wife seems to be snorting cocaine these days, there is no control and the people snorting it continually ignore the fact that they are funding the violence around them, for me they need to be reminded of their responsibility.

In reality nothing will be done and this will potentially become more and more common, the people hacking another human being up and recording it on their phones are a mixture of psychopath and coked up scum.

We're harbouring pure and utter scumbags in our society and doing nothing to discourage them from the life of crime they're involved in.

I'd like to think this might be a watershed moment but going by our inability to tackle any crisis in this country I'm not holding out any hope.

Best post in the thread. I'd love to see a trial of those two policies (legalise vs punish the user). Can't help but think of The Wire re the former.

The potential loss of job, reputation, status etc I'd reckon is a massive incentive to stay away from it. That said, the additional revenue from legalising it could help build a few more motorways, houses etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

He was noticeable in his head-to-toe designer gear: a red Canada Goose jacket that cost at least €400, his beloved Gucci baseball cap with serpent wrapped around its peak that sells for €250 new, a Hugo Boss tracksuit and the hallmark for any teenager in the hood: expensive runners. His were black Hugo Boss with brown soles.

WTF Quality journalism right there and what do the victims wear... nurse's uniform mechanic overalls fireman outfit or any other mug that is a decent member of society and has to work for everything they get and contribute to society, no ****ing designer gear for them unless the work hard for it.

Poor little bastid let's all say ahhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭briany

axlmac wrote: »
    Best post in the thread. I'd love to see a trial of those two policies (legalise vs punish the user). Can't help but think of The Wire re the former.

The potential loss of job, reputation, status etc I'd reckon is a massive incentive to stay away from it. That said, the additional revenue from legalising it could help build a few more motorways, houses etc

Legalising the use of hard drugs could work (at the very least free up Gardai from dealing with junkies), but the sale of hard drugs would be a whole different story.

- If legal places are selling drugs for a higher markup than the dealers, ostensibly as a way to disincentivize their use (ala cigarettes), then you still have a black market and all the s**t that goes along with that.

- The stigma around hard drugs is such that new users would feel ashamed to go into a chemist or the like to ask for some. Established addicts could be more amenable to this, but even they probably don't want to hang around, filling out forms or messing about with prescriptions.

- The backlash from the moral majority/media would be mighty. Political opponents cruise to power on the back of a promise that they'll get the laws reversed after a middle-class 12 year old is found dead, having overdosed on his ma's H.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He was noticeable in his head-to-toe designer gear: a red Canada Goose jacket that cost at least €400, his beloved Gucci baseball cap with serpent wrapped around its peak that sells for €250 new, a Hugo Boss tracksuit and the hallmark for any teenager in the hood: expensive runners. His were black Hugo Boss with brown soles.

WTF Quality journalism right there and what do the victims wear... nurse's uniform mechanic overalls fireman outfit or any other mug that is a decent member of society and has to work for everything they get and contribute to society, no ****ing designer gear for them unless the work hard for it.

Poor little bastid let's all say ahhhhhhhhhhh

Its playing both sides.

I suppose they are telling us he had the expensive clothes, the designer stuff that only drug money will buy. And its ill-gotten.

It also tells us he pointed a gun at a shop owner when he was 15.

I take note he lived with his mum and sister. No mention of a father. I think the lack of a father-figure in a lot of these crime riden homes is underestimated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its playing both sides.

I suppose they are telling us he had the expensive clothes, the designer stuff that only drug money will buy. And its ill-gotten.

It also tells us he pointed a gun at a shop owner when he was 15.

I take note he lived with his mum and sister. No mention of a father. I think the lack of a father-figure in a lot of these crime riden homes is underestimated.

An insult to single parents everywhere raising decent human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Antares35 wrote: »

Of course there are plenty of decent, hard working, clever kids coming out of single parent households, but I was just thinking of studies I read on US crime figures when there is no father at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

That's very cheap for Canada Goose, it's at least 50% more than that. Where would a 17 year old legitimately get the money for such clothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

briany wrote: »
    If you look at the zero-tolerance approach that the USA adopted, it's sure succeeded in making prison populations balloon...

Let's look at a country with a low rate of reported violent crime rate like Japan. What is going on in a place like that culturally, socially, politically ...What of their approach could we adopt.

Japanese prison system is no fun. Google gaijinass.

I would welcome zero tolerance. Clean up the streets. Can they start with the openly urinating in public. Place is gone to the dogs with scores of fellas & now wans letting it all hang out & treating the streets like an open sewer. Disgusting. So bad you can smell it the following morning. Guards just drive by ignoring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It doesn’t matter if you are parenting alone because you are widowed, abandoned or otherwise. Parenting alone is very difficult and children ideally can do with two parents to rear them. That’s not denigrating the lone parent in any way it’s just fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No it's not. Young men need a positive male in their life, ideally their father. I'm sure that his mother had an impossible task trying to keep him away from gangs, they were giving him the male influence she never could.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

splinter65 wrote: »
    It doesn’t matter if you are parenting alone because you are widowed, abandoned or otherwise. Parenting alone is very difficult and children ideally can do with two parents to rear them. That’s not denigrating the lone parent in any way it’s just fact.

Takes a lot more then a single parent to create a scumbag like that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭briany

Japanese prison system is no fun. Google gaijinass.

I would welcome zero tolerance. Clean up the streets. Can they start with the openly urinating in public. Place is gone to the dogs with scores of fellas & now wans letting it all hang out & treating the streets like an open sewer. Disgusting. So bad you can smell it the following morning. Guards just drive by ignoring it.

I'm aware that the Japanese legal system is harsh, but my question is how much we think this is a factor in their low crime rate.

eviltwin wrote: »
    No it's not. Young men need a positive male in their life, ideally their father. I'm sure that his mother had an impossible task trying to keep him away from gangs, they were giving him the male influence she never could.

They need a positive parent. Two is better than one but loads manage on their own without their kid falling into that type of crap. Plenty also don’t pony up for scramblers for their child to reek havoc around the neighborhood.

I grew up in the heartland of Westies territory during their awful days in a single parent household. Got love, respect and discipline from my mother and stayed in education. Worked part time also to help her out when I was old enough. Got myself a good job in the end. Wasn’t easy for either of us, especially with younger siblings around. Yes it’s tough with an absentee mother/father but there are choices to be made by young men. Far too easy to lazily blame “society”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Why are people this age referred to as a child in the media? Of course he's not a child as the term is almost always used to refer to those under 12. Would youth or minor not be a more realistic and informative term to use in instances like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I felt no something for this *man* when I heard his background. But my mum told me this morning about what he did to the poor woman cat. **** him, he got what was coming, and the world is a safer place without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

wakka12 wrote: »
    Why are people this age referred to as a child in the media? Of course he's not a child as the term is almost always used to refer to those under 12. Would youth or minor not be a more realistic and informative term to use in instances like this?

Exactly . And would they refer to a 17 year old Leaving Cert student as a child ? No they would not

Not saying he deserved what he got but anyone who kills or hurts pets is a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 macapaca

I see from the indo article a few pages back that he was 3 wks off of being 18. So let's dispense with the 'only a child' bull****. If this thing happened a month form now how would the media portray him?.... as a hardened 18yr criminal with previous charges perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

How do we know we murdered the cat ? Was it seen ? There is a chance the cat ran away was knocked down ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,096 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I felt no something for this *man* when I heard his background. But my mum told me this morning about what he did to the poor woman cat. **** him, he got what was coming, and the world is a safer place without him.

He was OK until he hurt a cat.

This is why society is a mess, we put animals before people. Hurting an animal is cowardly and reprehensible, but it doesn't compare to murdering and dismembering a minor.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

His mother was trying to steer him away from crime yet chose a known criminal as his godfather? Pull the other one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

The killing of the womans cat was more than likely betaken from love/hate drama series , so he was influenced by that !

I remember at the time of it shown , no cat was harmed but yet it probably led to this and god knows how many more being harmed over it !

Because I’m cool in my designer clothes and I don’t or won’t uphold the law !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,496 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This is why society is a mess, we put animals before people. Hurting an animal is cowardly and reprehensible, but it doesn't compare to murdering and dismembering a minor.

Exactly, if we decide that people deserve to die based on crimes and hurtful terrible things they did in their youth we might as well set up a human abattoir. Because one kid make a terrible decision and committed a vile and reprehensible act... kill them. :confused: no, educate them, punish and sanction them, totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

No, it wasn't ok before that. I still felt no sympathy. But that was the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Its not why society is a mess at all. He had done far worse things and would continue to do so.

The killing of an innocent animal shows what was coming. Its not the act itself, horrible as it is, its the kind of person who can do it and what the future obviously holds for them. Obvious psychotic behaviour, that's why people on this thread bring it up frequently.

Frankly, f*ck him, I'd rather the cat was still alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Apart from a vague reference in extra.ie.

Is there any actual tangible evidence or credible source stating he killed said cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Depends on the person, I'd put the life of an animal above lots of human scumbags including this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭Nermal

briany wrote: »
    I'm aware that the Japanese legal system is harsh, but my question is how much we think this is a factor in their low crime rate.

Their institutions haven't been compromised by woke nonsense in the same way ours have, but that's not the whole story.

Prioritising the harmony of the group above the 'rights' of the individual has been the foundation of their society for centuries - it pervades everything, and it's the font of thoughtful behaviour, manners, responsibility and order.

I wish you luck getting scobies to internalise that concept, you have a long road ahead...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Anyone know if the body found in the river this morning is related to this ?
    The road bowlers on the Baltray Rd found it .

Advertisement