Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The murder of Keane Mulready Woods.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Long_Wave wrote: »
    No sympathy for a toerag who goes around killing defenceless Cats.

Netflix were right then.

Dont F*** With Cats

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The outrage is down to him been 17, no one would bat an eyelid if he was older. You can be a vicious scumbag at 17

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

rob316 wrote: »
    The outrage is down to him been 17, no one would bat an eyelid if he was older. You can be a vicious scumbag at 17

18 next month apparently. So next month he "would have been known to the Gardi"
    What a difference a ninth makes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I OBJECT!

I am not letting my country become a kip

What are you going to do about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,591 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Effects wrote: »
    What are we to do when they don't act like our equals?

If they act like savages then let them die like savages.

I’ll save my pity for when these thugs beat up on innocents decent hard working people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

These scumbags have brought gangland killings to another level and it's frightening to think that they're capable of such things and makes me wonder to where this might escalate to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Charlie19 wrote: »
    These scumbags have brought gangland killings to another level and it's frightening to think that they're capable of such things and makes me wonder to where this might escalate to.

As long as it's between themselves I don't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Just NO.

Everyone has the POTENTIAL to be equal up to a point, and all things being equal should be considered equally by the state/companies/employers.
    But that doesn't mean a criminal with 200 convictions is equal to a model citizen who has contributed to society all their life working and paying tax.

They equal before the law. Legal egalitarianism is necessary for a functioning democracy.

I know the EMOTIVE reaction is to say we must place certain people who do bad things beneath others. But that is damaging to the very system that is supposed to protect us from those very people.

What if the person with 200 convictions is a person in power?

Basing law on emotive reactions is dangerous.

There was an interesting case demonstrating why legal egalitarianism is necessary.
    Article 200 of the Criminal Code of Japan, the penalty regarding parricide, was declared unconstitutional for violating the equality under the law by the Supreme Court of Japan in 1973. This was a result of the trial of the Tochigi patricide case

A daughter who was sexually abused by her father for yrs killed him. But the sentence for parricide in Japan is very tough because older Japanese law considered is a worse crime for someone to kill a father than lets say a mother or a stranger. No extenuating circumstances were allowed.

It was argued that while she was wrong to kill her father that it wasn't legal egalitarianism to treat her crime differently from another murder. Her lawyer said it was self defense at the time and her mind was under stress from abuse. (she had born her father 3 children)

Similarly it isn't legal egalitarianism to treat Keane Mulready Woods differently from any other victim of murder including a tax payer who was a model citizen.

Murder is murder.

We can't act solely on emotions when it comes to justice. We must balance what we feel with reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

He was certainly no child but saying child makes it more sensational for the news

No sympathy from me, unfortunately they'll be another thug in training ready to take his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

As long as they keep it to themselves.

The problem is some poor innocet could get caught in the cross fire. Hopefully AGS can avert this and ensure they only wipe eachother out.

• Advertisement

It will spread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Any murder is a tragedy, that of a child even more so, regardless of the character of the victim.
    All of this violence ripples out and cheapens the perceived value of life.

How has this feud been allowed to go on for this long with apparent impunity?

How many of the participants have double or even triple digit conviction numbers?

Would this feud even exist if they'd received sentences proportionate to their crimes instead of never ending suspended sentences, concurrent sentences and remitted sentences?

Would this child still be alive if he had received proper sentencing for his crimes instead of a 4 month sentence deferred until this September that left him out on the streets?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

What are you going to do about it?

Posting on boards and throwing in a bit of virtue signalling always works.

It’s good to raise awareness that murder is bad, not enough people know this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

17 year old last seen wearing a Hugo boss tracksuit, Hugo boss trainers and Gucci baseball cap. He knew exactly what he was getting into, if he can reap the rewards he can reap what he sows.

I love the way the media talk about the clothes , there only imitation brands !
    Could u see that scum in BT’s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Any murder is a tragedy, that of a child even more so, regardless of the character of the victim.
    All of this violence ripples out and cheapens the perceived value of life.

How has this feud been allowed to go on for this long with apparent impunity?

How many of the participants have double or even triple digit conviction numbers?

Would this feud even exist if they'd received sentences proportionate to their crimes instead of never ending suspended sentences, concurrent sentences and remitted sentences?

Would this child still be alive if he had received proper sentencing for his crimes instead of a 4 month sentence deferred until this September that left him out on the streets?

I believe AGS should protect people who obey the law and arent serious criminals. Youre htting the nail on the head about sentencing though.

Satelite tv in your cell. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

They are most certainly not imitations.

He had a Hugo Boss tracksuit 250, Gucci cap 250, Canada Goose Coat 1300.

These are the trappings of criminality. That's what is luring people like him in.

Wonder if his parents did not wonder how their son could afford a 1300 coat with no income.?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

No the real thing apparently. His brief period as a brutal enforcer for the drug lord of that area brought him huge cash rewards. That’s the problem. Kids like that having grown up with no one to tell them right from wrong see a very easy quite enjoyable way to have everything they ever wanted, the clothes the jewelry the Lexus the runners the mobile phone the fortnight in the Canaries and they go for it gung ho.
    He would have had no remorse for any of the suffering he caused because you need to have developed a conscience to experience remorse for your actions. But he was stupid and immature and inexperienced enough to get himself killed even after the Gardai told him his life was in danger.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

It’s good to raise awareness that murder is bad, not enough people know this.

How can you claim this when so many are posting here that they don't have a problem with his murder they care only for the cat etc?

Clearly what you claim is not the case. It obviously depends on WHO you murder to some people. You can murder bad people but not good people.

I suspect the sincerity of people who speak pejoratively or cynically about showing virtue publicly, which ought to be encouraged.

The idea of signalling one's moral values does signal mental fitness and wellness and thus the ability to attract a mate or friends success etc.

Its something we should encourage not discourage.

Also going on about an other's percieved virtue signalling is the WORST KIND OF VIRTUE SIGNALLING. 'I am so genuine and real etc'

You are no more genuine than myself or anyone else in this thread.

Trying to publicly show your distaste for another person's 'virtue signalling' is exactly just that ..its virtue signalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

As long as it's between themselves I don't really care.

Thats the thing though, somewhere along the line innocent folk are going to be effected by this and the killings between the gangs are only going to get worse.

The rate the videos and photos spread across social media today was alarming and shows that these people don't give two flying f**ks to what might come back their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The solution should be self evident. Either legalize and control the illicit substances these vermin are selling or begin to penalise those buying them.

The world and his wife seems to be snorting cocaine these days, there is no control and the people snorting it continually ignore the fact that they are funding the violence around them, for me they need to be reminded of their responsibility.

In reality nothing will be done and this will potentially become more and more common, the people hacking another human being up and recording it on their phones are a mixture of psychopath and coked up scum.

We're harbouring pure and utter scumbags in our society and doing nothing to discourage them from the life of crime they're involved in.

I'd like to think this might be a watershed moment but going by our inability to tackle any crisis in this country I'm not holding out any hope.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

anewme wrote: »
    They are most certainly not imitations.

He had a Hugo Boss tracksuit 250, Gucci cap 250, Canada Goose Coat 1300.

These are the trappings of criminality. That's what is luring people like him in.

Wonder if his parents did not wonder how their son could afford a 1300 coat with no income.?

Given he is the godson of one of the leading members I'd presume they were well aware of his shenanigans and most likely happy enough to leave him at it.

I wouldn't be too sympathetic for them either. I'm sure he'll have a lavish send off which to me means the family are quite acceptable to receiving drug money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

How can you claim this when so many are posting here that they don't have a problem with his murder they care only for the cat etc?

Clearly what you claim is not the case. It obviously depends on WHO you murder to some people. You can murder bad people but not good people.

I suspect the sincerity of people who speak pejoratively or cynically about showing virtue publicly, which ought to be encouraged.

The idea of signalling one's moral values does signal mental fitness and wellness and thus the ability to attract a mate or friends success etc.

Its something we should encourage not discourage.

Also going on about an other's percieved virtue signalling is the WORST KIND OF VIRTUE SIGNALLING. 'I am so genuine and real etc'

You are no more genuine than myself or anyone else in this thread.

You said
    I am not letting my country become a kip!

WHAT are YOU going to DO about IT?

And where did I mention a cat? ��

KiKi III wrote: »
    That’s an atrocious way to look at the murder of a teenager.

Referring to him as some little kid is also atrocious - he was a criminal, thug and so on

Thats the thing though, somewhere along the line innocent folk are going to be effected by this and the killings between the gangs are only going to get worse.

The rate the videos and photos spread across social media today was alarming and shows that these people don't give two flying f**ks to what might come back their way.

Maybe it will scare them straight.

You can't strong arm your way through life and not expect it to catch up with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

fritzelly wrote: »
    Referring to him as some little kid is also atrocious - he was a criminal, thug and so on

The word I used was “teenager”. He was a teenager.

fritzelly wrote: »
    He was all of those things.

You said

WHAT are YOU going to DO about IT?
    Protest for one. Write to TD's.

Talk about it. Share ideas of how we can stop this.

KiKi III wrote: »
    The word I used was “teenager”. He was a teenager.

He was an adult, no point trying to elicit unfounded feelings by using terms for actual children

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has all his body parts been found?

Sorry I know weird question, I'm curious

• Advertisement

And where did I mention a cat? ��

You said people know murder is wrong. Read this thread. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that people do not know murder is wrong. That in their minds they would like to qualify that statement. 'Murder is wrong when the right person is murdered'.

That firmly suggests to me that people do not agree murder is wrong in all circumstances. And its this very attitude I am opposing in this thread.

A: He was a scumbag ...it doesn't matter i don't care.
    Me: But murder is wrong!
    C: Everyone knows murder is wrong ..stop talking.
    Me: ........

Advertisement