Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The murder of Keane Mulready Woods.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It would be great if his family came out and asked that there not be any retaliation for his death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The other angle to all this is that people on this thread or reading it are buying drugs off these gangs one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Yeh i agree. And im sure they have offered the families of their victims the same courtesy.

Perhaps we should encourage them to. Reconciliation worked in the North. What's the difference here?

The other angle to all this is that people on this thread or reading it are buying drugs off these gangs one way or another.
    I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

*MODS* apologies if there is another thread or you see fit for some other reason to remove this one.

Its a horrific story and truly reflects how we can't ignore this issue any longer.

A 17 yr old child member of a gang who was under investigation for intimidation and threats made to a mother of two sons that were in drug debt was brutally murdered then dismembered.

The woman took out a loan to pay Mulready but he wanted more money.

He then murdered her cat.

Obviously he was a capable criminal. Obviously saying he was far from an angel is well .....an understatement.

But i don't our country to say we turn our backs on these people let them murder each other out of it.

This isn't normal. None of it...normal 17 yr olds don't do this ...this shouldn't happen to ANYONE no matter what they have done.

How do we put the brakes on this?
    Can I ask where did you find this all out?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

KiKi III wrote: »
    I suppose if you were born into a gangland family, by 17 you’d have escaped and be putting yourself through college by working in Tesco?

And no, I’m not excusing anything he did. Regardless, he didn’t deserve to be murdered in cold blood.

To be fair he didn’t , but he had no bother putting hardship on any other family !
    He was already charged for threatening the mother of a client with drug debt !
    So u can’t be putting a halo on him !

I'm not.

I’m not either , I haven’t there number !

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It would be great if his family came out and asked that there not be any retaliation for his death.
    It would actually. I think people should ask them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

Posts like this are the reason the country is the way it is. Apologizing for scumbags behaviour. He should have been locked up in a youth detention facility a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Its not so much the matter that he was murdered. It was how and and the arrogance of the perpetrators to post a video online of it afterwards. Cutting him up and then circulating it shows a breathtaking degree of arrogance. Obviously they have no fear of the gardai and the consequences.

This is deep. Dysfunctional families where parents are failing their kids allowing them to be recruited by these gangs. Its not as simple he as he was a scumbag and deserved it. He was 17 fgs. Yes, he was a little scumbag but what was his upbringing like.

The most concerning thing is that it was likely carried out by a hitman who is a known psychopath and serial killer in north Dublin.

Dangerous times

• Advertisement

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/family-of-murdered-teenager-sent-video-purporting-to-show-killing-1.4142223
    Family of murdered teenager sent video purporting to show killing Family members of murdered teenager Keane Mulready-Woods have been sent images and videos purporting to depict the boy’s murder and dismemberment.

Gardaí believe the majority of videos and images circulating on social media, including all of those sent to the 17-year-old’s family, are fakes. However, investigators believe some material may be in circulation which is genuine.

“We are fairly confident everything we have seen so far is fake. But we are not sure we have seen everything,” a senior garda said.

This is sick.

chosen1 wrote: »
    The thing is, they rarely keep it between themselves.

Only this week there was an innocent taxi driver shot as a result of this feud. There are loads of other examples of innocent people being killed over the years by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also to the posters who see this as just another scumbag being killed, do you really think that this will be the end of it or will they go out and do something worse in revenge? Look at Mexico to see how this escalates.

We need more prison space in this country and judges that will actually apply the law, not these c**ts taking each other out on our streets.

Not a hope , prisons are not an answer a lot come out worse , they say that themselves!
    Hard graft cut out political correctness , u need deterent not a holiday camp !

What about legalizing these drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,530 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

KiKi III wrote: »
    That’s an atrocious way to look at the murder of a teenager.

If he have been a month older (18) would it still be an atrocious way to look at it?

What about legalizing these drugs?

I think it is probably the only way , but they’d be under cutting prices , start looking for protection money off legitimate sellers
    Probably wouldn’t be a carlsberg !

I think it is probably the only way , but they’d be under cutting prices , start looking for protection money off legitimate sellers
    Probably wouldn’t be a carlsberg !

I dunno. I would say the coca cola company is tougher than they look. And they are the only ones that can save us now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,530 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Its not so much the matter that he was murdered. It was how and and the arrogance of the perpetrators to post a video online of it afterwards. Cutting him up and then circulating it shows a breathtaking degree of arrogance. Obviously they have no fear of the gardai and the consequences.

This is deep. Dysfunctional families where parents are failing their kids allowing them to be recruited by these gangs. Its not as simple he as he was a scumbag and deserved it. He was 17 fgs. Yes, he was a little scumbag but what was his upbringing like.

The most concerning thing is that it was likely carried out by a hitman who is a known psychopath and serial killer in north Dublin.

Dangerous times

Will his parents be held accountable for failing him? Will they ****.
    That's the problem in this country.
    How was he supposed to know right from wrong if his parents didn't show him?
    (I'm presuming his parents showed no interest in him by the way, they've could be saints and really tried their best but I just don't know and I highly doubt it. )

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dclass

Happy4all wrote: »
    Anyone else think he was showing all the signs of going on to be a cold blooded murderer, himself?
    Definitely

tom1ie wrote: »
    If he have been a month older (18) would it still be an atrocious way to look at it?

At least there’s no widows pension to be paid ! No doubt the family will find someone to sue for stress !

Dclass wrote: »
    Definitely

I don't disagree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,409 ✭✭✭✭noodler

To be fair he didn’t , but he had no bother putting hardship on any other family !
    He was already charged for threatening the mother of a client with drug debt !
    So u can’t be putting a halo on him !

Jesus throwing a petrol bomb into the house of another kid who owes money is what the IT are reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dclass

noodler wrote: »
    Jesus throwing a petrol bomb into the house of another kid who owes money is what the IT are reporting.
    As they say you reep what you sow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

tom1ie wrote: »
    Will his parents be held accountable for failing him? Will they ****.
    That's the problem in this country.
    How was he supposed to know right from wrong if his parents didn't show him?
    (I'm presuming his parents showed no interest in him by the way, they've could be saints and really tried their best but I just don't know and I highly doubt it. )

They didnt, they are no angels themselves. I see it all the time, people popping out the kids with no decent idea or way of trying to raise them. These kids are groomed by gang members as young as 7-8 years of age. That's where it starts.

Like at the source not the final result.

They didnt, they are no angels themselves. I see it all the time, people popping out the kids with no decent idea or way of trying to raise them. These kids are groomed by gang members as young as 7-8 years of age. That's where it starts.

Like at the source not the final result.

I don't know a lot about the family. Is there any info?

Just to be clear i only wish them comfort at this time.

Its just to get a clearer picture.

noodler wrote: »

Didn’t see that , playing with petrol is dangerous will they ever learn !

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

My condolences to his family. RIP.

I believe his Godfather is a leading member of one side of the fued. So it really helps if you were actually informed on subject rather than broadcasting your opinion on a vague media report like an internet version of Gogglebox.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 rickross

tbh i think he deserved it for the cat alone
    and i dont like cats

also he swore he was gonna burn a family in their sleep after makin a balls of it first attempt
    useless

no loss

on to the next

I believe his Godfather is a leading member of one side of the fued. So it really helps if you were actually informed on subject rather than broadcasting your opinion on a vague media report like an internet version of Gogglebox.

I had guessed as much. It doesn't change my opinion despite your shallow efforts to undermine it.

And had you read my posts you might realize that at no time did i resort to insults. Its a shame you just have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

When parents chose a criminal traveller who they are not related to, as godfather to their child, it says it all, the young lad was probably lauded at home for his criminal endeavor.

• Advertisement

When parents chose a criminal traveller who they are not related to, as godfather to their child, it says it all, the young lad was probably lauded at home for his criminal endeavor.

I wonder how they feel about the Godfather now.

Advertisement