Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The murder of Keane Mulready Woods.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,540 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Arghus wrote: »
    Wow, this thread. This place.

Obviously, he was far from an angel, but that murder and the aftermath was barbarity plain and simple. And a lot of you seem to reveling in it. Christ. I find that shocking, but is that even surprising anymore? I guess that passes for normal behaviour on Boards. It's gone to the dogs.

This little scrote had no problem trying to fire bomb someone's home
    Anyone feeling pity for him in any way needs to take a hard look at themselves
    He was an enforcer for this gang who had got people hooked on drugs, don't have the money don't worry I'm gonna threaten your mother, sister, brother, cat, until you pay up
    If this happened to the other gang he would likely be reveling in it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Obviously, he was far from an angel, but that murder and the aftermath was barbarity plain and simple. And a lot of you seem to reveling in it. Christ. I find that shocking, but is that even surprising anymore? I guess that passes for normal behaviour on Boards. It's gone to the dogs.

There's two separate things here, one the murder of a young thug who gave as good as he got and probably would have ended up dead anyway. Then there's the dismemberment of his body.

You can be shocked and disgusted at the latter which being a bit desensitised to the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,531 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

fritzelly wrote: »
    He was an enforcer for this gang who had got people hooked on drugs, don't have the money don't worry I'm gonna threaten your mother, sister, brother, cat, until you pay up

Yes, he probably would be and to describe him as a young thug is going soft on him. He was a dangerous young man, mixed up with shady stuff and even worse individuals.

But it's just handy for all of us morally to write him and the whole cycle of violence off as young "scrotes" killing each other, while a good lot of us hoover up the cocaine and the ketamine and enjoy a good laugh about it all. There doesn't seem to be much decency in that, if you ask me.

There's truth in some of what you say, absolutely, the fella was bad news. But what I find depressing, even alarming, is the ease with which a good proportion of posters in this thread can just effectively dismiss and dehumanise. Personal responsibility exists and shouldn't be downplayed, but there are reasons why there aren't many 17 olds from Dublin 2 getting involved with all of this, before being killed, chopped up and dumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thank you for saying what many of us are aware of. Murder is murder is murder Either it is wrong or allowed? Cannot be excused for some and not by others

And please don't insult dogs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

I think one can hold 2 opinions simultaneously, that he was a gouger and that one doesn't want our country to become a place where dismembered bodies turn up. Between this killing, the Cork dismemberment and a woman's remains scattered over the hills it has been quite horrible of late. Maybe there is some influence from movies? Or from gangs from other parts of the world who do that?
    I remember when the drugs gangs started killing each other - people were shocked and horrified to read it. Then we grew accustomed. I suppose we will soon become accustomed to this. We will all thus become ever a little more dehumanised by their barbarity. Which is sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

There is no you without we. You will drown too.

Oh for Gods sake. I'll take my chances ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It's time to:
    Build a new prison to the standards of the 1800’s
    Shake up the justice system. Both in terms of a three strikes and you go to prison for a considerable amount of time and making it easier for the state to re-home the young kids of career criminals.
    Call in the army to assist with enforcement of the countries laws if required.
    Increase the powers of CAB and Tusla by increasing staffing levels.
    Increase awareness campaigns around drug use and misuse.
    Legalising drugs ain't the answer to this particular issue. These people would be involved in other types of criminality.

There's very little excuse for criminality in this country. We have a fairly generous welfare system and a fairly fair pathway to careers for the vast majority of people should they take that path.

We are becoming a soft touch in terms of letting criminals get away with what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

fritzelly wrote: »

This is Ireland. Everyone is f*cking canonized when they die.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has all his body parts been found?

Sorry I know weird question, I'm curious

Here’s ur answer , still bits to be found !

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/gardai-recover-bloodstained-machetes-believed-to-have-been-used-in-murder-of-keane-mulready-woods-17-38869596.html

No mention of the cat - sorry !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

This is it wrote: »
    What would you expect them to say?

Thoughts and prayers etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

This crime was absolutely disgusting and barbaric and such acts should never be acceptable in civilized society BUT....

Can we please stop acting like Keane Mulready Woods was an innocent little child corrupted and murdered by the big bad gangs.

He was 17 years old, a month shy of 18 and by all accounts a thug and scumbag in his own right.

He had a choice at some point not to get involved in a life of crime, he made the wrong choice and has paid the ultimate price for it.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I've sympathy for him when he was more innocent, he never had a chance growing up in that environment. Whoever got him involved in this hopefully, but unlikely, feel terribly guilty.

But I've no sympathy for the person he became.

Of course he had a chance. Plenty of people grow up in disadvantaged areas and don’t turn to a life of crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭whippet

I live up near Drogheda and what I can say is that there is a significant number of families and people living absolute fear due to the actions of scum like this young fella.

Putting the actual firebombings aside ... the number of people who are sick with fear of something similar happing is multiple of those who have actually had their houses attacked.

The gangs MO is to suck young teenagers in ... create debt and then make it escalate forcing these kids to get their parents and extended family involved ... drugs are only part of it ... it’s horrific.

Even at 17 this kid was beyond redemption and personally I’ve no sympathy for him .. however my fear is that this brings the lengths that these scumbags will go up another notch.

The reckless nature of the shootings - public streets at rush hour, caravan parks etc .. means that it is almost nailed on that there will be an innocent victim killed.

B

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    I don’t see how people can call him a 17 year old child. Was he to magically turn into an adult at 18? Obviously the law has certain markers that make 18 an adult age but 16 onwards is pretty much young adult.

Agreed. I really believe the legal age at which someone is still considered a child needs to be lowered.

Having it at 17 only encourages all the bleeding hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

One thing caught my eye in one of the tabloids was that police are hunting a suspect, a 35 year old North Dublin man, who they describe as a psychopath and a serial killer.
    Should they not have been hunting him before now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

whippet wrote: »
    I live up near Drogheda and what I can say is that there is a significant number of families and people living absolute fear due to the actions of scum like this young fella.

Putting the actual firebombings aside ... the number of people who are sick with fear of something similar happing is multiple of those who have actually had their houses attacked.

The gangs MO is to suck young teenagers in ... create debt and then make it escalate forcing these kids to get their parents and extended family involved ... drugs are only part of it ... it’s horrific.

Even at 17 this kid was beyond redemption and personally I’ve no sympathy for him .. however my fear is that this brings the lengths that these scumbags will go up another notch.

The reckless nature of the shootings - public streets at rush hour, caravan parks etc .. means that it is almost nailed on that there will be an innocent victim killed.

B

Membership of a criminal gang should be treated the same as membership of a terrorist organisation. It should carry a heavy sentence on its own. Get these lunatics off the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

gimli2112 wrote: »
    One thing caught my eye in one of the tabloids was that police are hunting a suspect, a 35 year old North Dublin man, who they describe as a psychopath and a serial killer.

Afaik he was aquitted of murder already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I am not sure why we are focusing on whether or not he was a child.

It doesn't matter its still awful.

Because the use of the word "child" by the media portrays a perception of innocence which in this case doesnt exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Ireland has become a grim place to live.
    There is little to no chance that a government will do anything about this. We have one of the most liberal countries now where you can say and do what you want without any reprisal.

Even if there was any will to build a new fit for purpose prison, planning or protest would knock it on the head. No politician will want it to go ahead in his constituency either or he'll lose his seat. The legal system is flooded with these repeat offenders and quiet happy to keep a corrupt system in supply.
    Everywhere you look, people are taking cocaine on nights out, no one gives a damn anymore. There is little to no respect for life left, you take your life in your hands on a night out these days. Drugs have led to a level of insanity in so many aspects of Ireland these days.
    Am so glad I grew up happily in the 80's & 90's, the country is completely fcuked in every way. I fear what the next 20 years will bring and what a dump the country has turned into....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

whippet wrote: »

B

Really? Living in absolute fear? Out of the probably 200 people I spoke to over Christmas in Drogheda not one expressed fear. Not one. Most of my friends live there, I'm a few miles away now, living up the road from Cornelius Price of all people. Zero fear. They have no interest in people who aren't involved, and you've more chance of getting cancer from air pollution than being hit by a stray bullet. Anyone living in fear needs to step away from the TV and social media,.unless their kids are involved and getting a shake down in which case **** them, their kids and therefore they, are part of the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭riddles

Until there is an alternative bracket in the law to identify and deal with career criminals there is very little to nothing the guards can do and I do feel sorry for them trying to deal with a bracket of people most of us don't encounter, thankfully!

Allowing for five to ten convictions is potentially in the range where someone can turn things around in the normal system with the right intervention. Someone going beyond that is surely in the bracket of career criminal and as such not responsive to normal process of sanctions within the current legal system. Its a feeding frenzy for the legal system that have no interest in anything other than cashing in.

The concept of a social contract has been completely trampled on, we have seen this at the very top regarding political, religious and banking scandals. Take what you can as fast as you can and never mind anyone else.

I am not sure why we are focusing on whether or not he was a child.

It doesn't matter its still awful.

It absolutely does matter. The constant referring to Mulready Woods as a child is creating the image of an innocent little boy brutally murdered by the big bad drugs gang for no reason when in actuality he was an active member of said gang and the furthest thing from innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

It absolutely does matter. The constant referring to Mulready Woods as a child is creating the image of an innocent little boy brutally murdered by the big bad drugs gang for no reason when in actuality he was an active member of said gang and the furthest thing from innocent.

Child is pushing it but I’m being lambasted for describing him as a teenager which is totally accurate.

It is a shocking thing that someone so young would be killed and dismembered. It says something about our society. It also says something about our society how many people are posting here basically saying they’re glad he’s dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hoboo wrote: »
    Really? Living in absolute fear? Out of the probably 200 people I spoke to over Christmas in Drogheda not one expressed fear. Not one. Most of my friends live there, I'm a few miles away now, living up the road from Cornelius Price of all people. Zero fear. They have no interest in people who aren't involved, and you've more chance of getting cancer from air pollution than being hit by a stray bullet. Anyone living in fear needs to step away from the TV and social media,.unless their kids are involved and getting a shake down in which case **** them, their kids and therefore they, are part of the problem.

You re clearly a moron if you don't think people like this spread absolute fear across their estate
    Sitting outside homes acting intimidating. They wreck innocent People's cars for the crack and the owner can't do a thing about it.

You live am awfully sheltered existence I can see if you think this stuff only stays inside the drug sale circles.

KiKi III wrote: »
    Child is pushing it but I’m being lambasted for describing him as a teenager which is totally accurate.

It is a shocking thing that someone so young would be killed and dismembered. It says something about our society. It also says something about our society how many people are posting here basically saying they’re glad he’s dead.

Once again I don’t condone what happened but I can only have limited sympathy for these thugs when they meet their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

NIMAN wrote: »
    What is all the outraged public stopped taking cocaine?

What if there was no demand any more?

They would move on to something else. Prescription meds, opioids, alcohol, anything. Its not like they would just stop being scumbags and live within their means on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It’s a shocking thing to us because we live a normal life where we go to work pay our car insurance rear our kids and make sure they’re educated and home in bed at a reasonable hour. This is not their normal. Their normal is letting their teenager (or godson) deal drugs, murder peoples pets, fire bomb houses and run around pisssing with the big dogs. Sure it has its benefits in the way of Canada goose coats and Hugo boss tracksuits, but it has its downsides too. Puppies don’t get to piss with the big dogs when the puppy thinks he is the biggest baddest toughest gangster that ever walked the streets of Drogheda. Nobody deserves the death the poor bastard got, but if there was any rearing on him or if he had been minding his own business and not terrorizing people left right and centre he’d be alive today.
    He might have been a child but he had committed more dangerous and serious crime than most adults would be capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Membership of a criminal gang should be treated the same as membership of a terrorist organisation. It should carry a heavy sentence on its own. Get these lunatics off the street.

Well as we see with lisa smith it doesnt look like we take that too seriously either

gimli2112 wrote: »

I’d imagine it’s one of those scenarios where the Gardai know all there is to know about this psychopath but by the letter of the law still haven’t enough to actually arrest and charge him with anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Gobb wrote: »
    Demand = Supply

Not the other way around.

I don't agree. Apple made an iPhone then everyone wanted one.

Advertisement