Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Floor Area

• 16-01-2020 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm trying to understand discrepancy in house size listed in sellers brochure vs planning permission logged.

Estate agent lited the house as approx.. 71m2

Planning permission logged and submitted shows

Total site area = 189m2
    Floor area of building proosed with development = 90m2 - Is this the original size of the house?

Floor area of new building =85m2
    Total floor area of proposed development = 165m2
    Floor area of buldings to be demolished - = 85m2
    total non-residential floor area = 0

It would seem that the seller only manged to knock down a load bearing wall to make it more open. Nothing else was done. I have also checked other houses within that area of the house size before any extension seems to be 71m2.. could the architect have filed the PP wrong?.. like 70m2 vs 90m2 seems to be massive

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It should be easy to check the drawings of the development that got permission, and see if it was actually carried out as per drawings

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

sydthebeat wrote: »
    It should be easy to check the drawings of the development that got permission, and see if it was actually carried out as per drawings

How do I check this?

Advertisement