Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treaty United

• 16-01-2020 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Alright lads, have at it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Time for a name change, already :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Limerick United is dead. Long live Treaty United!

Should have just went all in as Treaty City FC and got Treaty City Brewing in as your sponsor and official beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Limerick United is dead. Long live Treaty United!
    I, for one, welcome our new Treaty United overlords.

Do we think this name will stick around for long or will it be like FORAS Co-Op and Limerick 37?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I, for one, welcome our new Treaty United overlords.

Do we think this name will stick around for long or will it be like FORAS Co-Op and Limerick 37?

Depends what happens with Limerick FC, I suppose. Who knows what the ramifications will be of the developments in the match-fixing investigation yesterday.

• Advertisement

Depends what happens with Limerick FC, I suppose. Who knows what the ramifications will be of the developments in the match-fixing investigation yesterday.

The match fixing would surely be punishment for players involved rather than the club itself wouldn't it?

Plus wouldn't any new club looking to use the Limerick FC or United have to acquire them from Pat O'Sullivan. Think he has a few different names for clubs registered, possibly Munster FC is one. Clever thinking out of him though.

The match fixing would surely be punishment for players involved rather than the club itself wouldn't it?

Let me entertain you ;)

I doubt it, simply because well, yes, it might be an individual player motivated by personal financial gain, whether it was ever his intention or not there are wider ramifications for other clubs.

There may or may not be any consequences for your own club if you're stuck in lower table mediocrity come the end of the season, but gifting three points to a club fighting tooth and nail for a play-off spot has a huge financial impact on their promotion rivals.

In much the same way as let's say playing an unregistered player in a cup match, or clubs getting rewarded in a "fair play" league for having the least number of bookings/yellows/reds. The actions of the players are the responsibility of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Has anyone heard who is putting the money in to run Limerick/Treaty United? Have asked around but still no answers anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Jofspring wrote: »
    Has anyone heard who is putting the money in to run Limerick/Treaty United? Have asked around but still no answers anywhere.

Nevermind, Treaty United have pulled out.

https://twitter.com/LimerickFCie/status/1225508007250886657?s=19

https://twitter.com/JohnGrehan6/status/1225510079513927682

https://twitter.com/JohnGrehan6/status/1225511373091811329

More to it than United just simply pulling out I'd say. Either way that's them finished and what about the women's, doubt they'll want anything to do with Limerick FC, can't see why anybody would want anything to do with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Fixed that.
    Can't see why anybody would want anything to do with football in Limerick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/515385/treaty-united-explain-decision-for-dramatic-withdrawal-from-under-age-leagues.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Treaty withdrew under threat of legal action from O'Sullivan.
    Conn Murray told the Limerick Leader: "Persistent threats of legal action have been placed upon us for a number of weeks now and we therefore stepped out of the application process, Treaty United stepped back, advised the FAI earlier this week that we were stepping back until such time as decisions were made around the Limerick FC application for a licence for senior football and also for permission to operate an Academy.

"We did so because of the level of threat that we found ourselves under from a legal perspective. The absence of a decision has frustrated a lot of clubs, leagues, young people and parents.

Advertisement