Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pick made, PM sent to NITRO.

Once Jackman went and Mayweather fell as far as me I just couldn't pass him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Pick made and pm sent to Tesco. Nothing solid planned for Tajiri but he's an easy guy to fit in anywhere

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Going to make my draft now.

There's a duo I'd be tempted to check and see if I could take both (cause they are a double act).

But in the end, given the roster I have, there's a name that fits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Theres one celeb that I'm very surprised is still not picked hopefully it stays that way til my pick ha

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it 15 or 16 rounds?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Is it 15 or 16 rounds?

Just the 15 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not going to make a secret of this: going to be going with The APA vs The Steiner Brothers. I feel that's one of my strongest tag team matches in the Draft. Don't believe it's been done before in the game either, possibly because three of them are World Champs so you have to take them individually. Very excited for this one and to think about who goes over. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Necro wrote: »
    Just the 15 :)

No chance of a sneaky 16th?? Not that I need one, but trying to plan my next pick accordingly!

Lord TSC I'm not happy with you lol

Had that celeb pick in mind, come on shagnasti make ur pick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There you go PTH.

"From Round 13 onwards you may draft a celebrity who has appeared on a wrestling promotion in any capacity to your roster."

Hopefully this covers me. It was my idea since the first three/four rounds.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjT746WgoLoAhWaVBUIHZDFAdUQwqsBMAB6BAgLEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7n3OZ6ipwHY&usg=AOvVaw36Nb_i_VD7K0P_UG4eDTBz

• Advertisement

my celeb pic has been made and we now start the next round, could be wrong but hard to beileve nobody picked Iron Mike Tyson

Benjamin Millions Speech youre up next, PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Felt like I had a lot of options for that pick, even with me needing to add a female wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Pick made and pm sent to PTH. Happy to complete La Familia Real and now have a couple of options for my final spot. Just gotta decide what way I want to go now

Any idea roughly when our write-ups will have to be in by?

Any idea roughly when our write-ups will have to be in by?

Usually it's about 4 weeks after the last draft pick is made.

I'm happy to open the write ups thread whenever people want.

Usually it's about 4 weeks after the last draft pick is made.

I'm happy to open the write ups thread whenever people want.

Ohhhhhh. I didn't know it was that long.

I was going to say I probably wouldn't have much more than my matches and the winner but if it's that long I should have something more substantial.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah I'm pretty hopefully I can get 2 posts done with that kind of time frame. In the past that would have been no bother, not this year though. Happy at this late stage to be able to complete Demolition and pick up a free Yokozuna!

Mason Ryan! now there is a blast from the past, I think I remember him as a Welsh Batista clone mostly but now after googling him im stuck on how he is now apparently working at Cirque du Soleil, as the chief archer of a show called Kà.

Yeah I'm pretty hopefully I can get 2 posts done with that kind of time frame. In the past that would have been no bother, not this year though. Happy at this late stage to be able to complete Demolition and pick up a free Yokozuna!

Mason Ryan! now there is a blast from the past, I think I remember him as a Welsh Batista clone mostly but now after googling him im stuck on how he is now apparently working at Cirque du Soleil, as the chief archer of a show called Kà.

Mason Ryan was Vinces wet dreams but sadly never made it

We will all be in isolation so plenty of time to write up our shows ha

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just catching up on picks after being... otherwise concerned (ie playing WW) the past few days

Damn you Brad I had LeRae earmarked for my next pick :(

Still a plethora of talent though.

Will I post the Write Up thread yet or leave it till the last round is complete, I've been holding off as a result of the posting limitations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just catching up on picks after being... otherwise concerned (ie playing WW) the past few days

Damn you Brad I had LeRae earmarked for my next pick :(

Still a plethora of talent though.

Will I post the Write Up thread yet or leave it till the last round is complete, I've been holding off as a result of the posting limitations.

Feel like I’m going into withdrawal already!

I’d say unless someone says they already have a show ready to be posted there is no rush to throw it up until the picks are done.

Probably best to keep it separate but the picks thread could always just become the write up thread when picks are done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Haven’t found any place for Del Rio or Ziggler on my roster.

Anyone anyway interested, my arm would be easily twisted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, could someone PM whoever is next, please?

Also, really happy to get Shiek so late in the game. I feel he has a habit of going a bit earlier.....

brianregan PMed :)

Everyone at 2DW knows the difference between a wristwatch and a wrist lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Haven’t found any place for Del Rio or Ziggler on my roster.

Anyone anyway interested, my arm would be easily twisted.

Im the Same reagrds Umaga and Mike Elgin.

Creative has nothing for them.

Last round order is up.

I *think* the averages are correct but I'm paranoid since my spreadsheet miscalculated BH's in Round 5 so people can check it out and PM me if there's anything incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Delighted with the twofer final round. There's a pick I need to make (nobody else is making this pick so I was happy to leave it to the end) but there's more than a few picks left on my list that I'd be delighted to add to my roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Pick last in current round and then double pick the round after - 3 picks in a row!

Was wishful thinking Laycool would last to me though! Hopefully it won’t get to me much before tomorrow evening, as I’ll be off line tomorrow!

• Advertisement

I've PMed beaker regarding his pick (I'm taking it for granted MNG PMed him).

daithi is currently unable to make his pick right now so beaker has until daithi is ready or he will miss his turn.

Unfortunately daithi is last in the round so it will interrupt his double pick if that's the case :/

Hopefully beaker gets on to make his pick shortly anyways.

Advertisement