Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC - Crazy Train Wrestling
    Wow bats crazy as expected from Ozzy, is it wrestling or American Horror Story next chapter :p Undertaker Vs. Broken Matt would be epic and is their cohorts get involved could go anyway, great graphics, good roster used well

Mr.Nice Guy - Grapplemania
    :eek: at Slaughter's heel turn in that match, Heenan's family disintegrating and him crying as showing up at ringside cost Reigns the title match was good, very well written ppv as expected, epic main event with Hogan and Reigns especially pairing Reigns with Heenan

daithi1989 - Destiny Day
    An epic start with the tlc tag match, great womens match and nice to see Corbin lose Dunne win even with Corbin interfering and nice ending with Ciampa as the world champ

Necro - Natural Selection
    Fcuk You Covid, hooray hooray ;) epic ladies match and nice to see Sean O’Haire win good build up, Billy and Chuck reunited as tag champs is nice, Andre Vs. Lesnar what a dream match and great to end the ppv with Jeff victorious as champion, great use of your roster, well done

brianregan09 - Isolation
    all matches seemed epic, technical high pace high flying wrestling, The Rock Vs. Arnie was funny and ended well, good ending to the ppv with Eddie as champ

Mr.Nice Guy - Preview show / PPV Part 1 / PPV Part 2

Bounty Hunter - Preview Show / PPV Part 1 / PPV Part 2

Necro - Preview show / PPV

brianregan - PPV Card

PTH2009 - First Show / PPV

A Brad Maddox Guy - Preview show / PPV

beakerjoe - Preview show / PPV Part 1 / PPV Part 2

Benjamin Millions Speech - PPV

Lord TSC - PPV Card

daithi1989 - PPV

thebostoncrab - PPV Part 1 / PPV Part 2
    Sorry about the lateness folks but I finally got my PPV up :)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113243031&postcount=287

Are these all, am I missing any?

Benjamin Millions Speech - 2DW's Tír na nÓg
    Gorilla and Ventura on commentary was great, epic ppv and delighted SCSA was winner against Piper, go maith ;)

PTH2009 - WWC Clash For The Kingdom
    What a match between Edge and Christian, epic, of course I would prefer Christian to win ;), Abyss and Show was carnage and nice to have Wade win the IC title, good use of your roster, well done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think the deadline for reading was today... just done but it's late AF here... hopefully there is still a bit of time to submit votes as I'll need to think about that

ABMG - PPV
    this was really good but Sorry Bradley I did write up a review however it seems not to have been saved, your one of my top contenders I think (need to read the rest now, then re-read others) but will hopefully find the rest of what I wrote later but need to keep going for now to ensure I finish reading everything that was submitted instead of going back just now.

BJ BCW Ultimate Chaos
    nice intro package write up and then it seems like the correct choice given the storyline of your tag opener to give the Usos the win here as it does your in your second match which would be a real passing of the duche (torch) moment to Riddle as this generations top stoner bro. Again the button pushing bully getting her just deserts makes sence on the grandest stage so I understand Nyla and despite loving your big write up for tyour backstory I have to admit at this stage in no. of things read through I am happy your PPV isn't so mammoth so far and is more digestable. This is a fantasy situation too so the celeb does not neccesarily have to go over as is often the case so it def makes sense to give MJF a big rub by going over Wahlberg. Ronda/Batista would get big media coverage and some might argue about the finish but if Ronda could really lock in her armbar people would believe Batista tapping given her legit backround. Walter/Dynamite is a little like Riddle/RVD but this time putting over the new tough SOB and esp with Redragon's involvement he is put over damn strong and could be a future main event player in BCW...and in the main event that is definitely confirmed. Maybe a tiny bit anticlimactic after such an excellent build but I get why it was done and it does open up more options at the top of your card while also accomplishing Flair's goal of taking everything from Cole.

Crabman - FusionPro
    Obviously a strong New Japan vibe from your roster and you just know you would get good wrestling from your matches and in the opener it's hard to argue with the logic behind your booking, then you honestly have 3 of the best tag teams going but only in a no.1 contenders Jr tag titles bout! OC & GOD next up really shows how stacked your tag division is, doubt anyone else is going to have mutiple tag titles for example I do wonder if people who don't know much about NJPW might gut as much from Fusion pro but from my years of drafting Kobashi (usually with Misawa) I know that his match with Shibata would be one hell of a contest and his namesake Kenta taking on the legend that is Jushin Thunder Liger and that match ending with a bloody Liger being demasked and GTS'd would def get a major reaction! In your main events you sprinkle in the top north american talent in Kurt & Jericho who alongside the likes of Suzuki (who I had last year) and Okada really emphasize how strong your roster is. I'd agree again with your planned booking of both matches but it's the long term main event scene that intregues me tbh. Y2J in the bullet club, Kurt vs Okada and then KENTA moving up to heavyweight to challenge Okada with the BC behind him. Lots of longevity to this promotion.

Brian Regan - RCW
    Isolation built to this and the crowd would be hot from the get go with a 6 man tag and Sabu moonsaulting through a table. Then you have Osprey vs Ultimo dragon which as you say I would not be surprised to see steal the show before things get kicked up a notch again with a hardcore bout although as a non regular AEW viewer maybe it could mean more to someone else but I get the impression Page is a future star and him going over the ECW alumni here would be the right call. Similarily in the Fenix/Mysterio match which again could be a show stealer imo whilst again you could say it's the right move that you continue to put him and his buddies over strong by decimating Sheamo. Pentagon Jr could def be propelled right into your main event scene with such a win. Both Arnie & The Rock are so likeable I'd say the fans would be ok with the classic Batman vs Superman, Godzilla vs Kong style they end up teaming up business and the segment (John Connor line etc) was fun before the main event that just screams classic. A match where both men could have a great match with a broom one on one, it would no doubt deliver.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No you're fine BH, deadline is midnight tonight.

I'll be PMing people tomorrow evening with their code and will post the link to the form then as well. Hopefully we'll get all done and dusted by next Monday eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Last bit of feedback:

daithi -
    The TLC tag match would be a great opener and I liked that it came down to New Day and the Dudleys. Bayley/Mickie would be a good contest and I like the idea of a Rusev/Masters feud. Pete Dunne was put over well in winning the belt. I enjoyed the Bayley twist ending after the main event which I didn't expect. You made great use of an impressive women's divisions. The main event was well done and the falling-through-the-Cell spot would get over huge. Nicely done.

JP Liz -
    I liked Becky getting the win and Colt's actions sets things up well going forward. Got a kick out of Santina's way of reviving Punk too. Bulldog vs Fury is a great idea and would be massive in the UK especially. Makes sense for Davey to get the win. Kidd vs Benjamin would be a great match; Shelton was a very underrated IC champ back in the day imo and Kidd would be put over well by beating him. Ladder match would be great and I agree with Lita retaining. Chamber match was well thought out: I liked Kennedy eliminated first and Owen and Jeff going at it. Love that it came down to Cesaro and Owen and was pleased Cesaro got the big win. A strong show and one I'd happily order on PPV if I could.

thebostoncrab -
    Your early matches made me realise how strong a tag division you possess. I liked The OC winning and their future involvement with the Bullet Club. Kobashi vs Shibata would be a war and I liked Shibata getting the win which would elevate him towards Kobashi levels. Think KENTA needed the win and you put him over well and the visual of his foot on Liger's chest and the blood could be played over and over in future. Suzuki vs Angle would be a classic and I enjoy the thought of Suzuki laughing in the ankle lock. Clever booking to have him not use the pildriver and leave more to come in the feud. Jericho vs Okada would be a terrific finish to the show and I like the thought process behind how you see the future feuds. This was one of the strongest shows in the game for me.

Very impressed with the standard this year. I can think of several worthy winners.

Necro wrote: »
    No you're fine BH, deadline is midnight tonight.

I'll be PMing people tomorrow evening with their code and will post the link to the form then as well. Hopefully we'll get all done and dusted by next Monday eve.

Is tonight's deadline for all, i.e. votes and slammies?

No not at all, just for reading really Liz. Voting will open tomorrow evening when I get home from work and PMs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I should have my remaining feedback up during the night

Mr Nice Guy –
    I think you always do a good job hyping your roster & the preview show this year is no different. Reigns aligning with Heenan is a great move that sets up a main event which would sell majorly, you’ve got a strong tag championship match & the internal Heenan Family friction is intriguing. Love the Booker promo, and I’m not sure why I find the image of Sharmell chasing Heenan with a sceptre to be so funny, but I do. Happy Lawler won as truth be told I never liked King Booker. Solidifying the Windham face turn & Slaughter heel turn is really well done and teasing the JBL turn is a good move too. Like the IC finish and it’s a great way to introduce Stacy; great main event, I liked how Reigns was kept strong but can’t solely blame the distraction for losing even though he 100% would.

Bounty Hunter –
    Possibly the strongest preview post of us all, Rhodes & McMahon in a power struggle sets everything up well. Great use of your video, hilarious that the views have blown up on it. Your use of Lex Luger & Trump throughout is great & I love the matchup with Dusty. Luger’s Military Press on Dusty would be an insane moment made look normal when it’s followed by Obama punching Trump & Dusty winning is a great moment. Elsewhere your tournament is great, Benoit vs Perfect could main event some years on their own, also glad to see Warrior get his comeuppance. Strong women’s match, “more vicious than the men” indeed. I liked your use of my gift in Graham and it’s a great role for Backlund. Cody & Vince is excellent, all the interference & twists pay off and sets Cody up for a huge role as a wrestler. Top notch main event with a great finish too.

Necro –
    You immediately set DiBiase’s character up perfectly, built Hardy up brilliantly and have a tantalising matchup in Brock vs Andre. Ziggler Mayweather is done really well, the women’s match sets up/continues a great feud. The Rising Star match was pretty violent to say the least & O’Haire winning in such brutal fashion sets him up well. I thought New Age Billy & Chuck was clever, the turn on Road Dogg was well done. They’re a team that are rarely used together in the draft but this was a good example for it. I thought Lesnar countering the piledriver & hitting Andre with an F-5 would be guaranteed pop of the night but it isn’t even pop of the match after that Shooting Star Press, and I love that Brock didn’t show him any respect afterwards. Hardy winning is a great moment, a great long-term payoff

• Advertisement

Bounty Hunter - BWA Wrestlepalooza
    As a former winner, you came out swinging with an epic roster of talent, great opening with Benoit and Mr. Perfect, loved the use of Goldust, Obama and Trump addition was fun, good ending with heel Cena losing, overall very good ppv

A Brad Maddox Guy - WRESTLERAMA VII
    impressive tag titles matches especially, you used your talented roster very well, Orton/Savage and HHH/Finn all great matches, a serious contender challenger this year

beakerjoe - Ultimate Chaos
    Another former winner comes out swinging with an epic well written ppv, love how especially Ronda and Walter was written, Cole Vs. Flair was awesome

thebostoncrab - Fusion Pro Wrestling King of Wrestling
    I did some research on some picks as I wasn't too familiar :o and wow some talent on display, money main event and nice to see Kurt Angle win too, very well done ppv

Had some work stuff to take care of so just getting to post the rest of my feedback now. Great job everyone, entertaining reads and some amazing PPV cards. And thanks a million Necro for running the draft this year, it didn't look like happening at one point but glad it did.

Brianregan –
    Omega vs Eddie is definitely a dream match, especially if there’s almost 60 mins of it. Glad Eddie won. The Rock vs Arnie guarantees this sells like hotcakes as it would be all over international media and I’d bet you’ve made more money than all of us on this match alone. Finishing it with them fighting together is a good move too, sure to pop the crowd. Ospreay vs Ultimo would be very exciting to watch and you’ve got a good finish, Fenix beating Mysterio so brutally sets him up well, everyone getting revenge on Sheamus is a good moment

Beakerjoe –
    Cole & Flair’s feud is built amazingly, “Baker begins to wear the face off of Flair” is not a line I expected to ever read in the Draft! I love that you kept the Dynamite King moniker, him and WALTER in a cage would be amazing to watch and WALTER destroying the Horsemen and the cage is a huge steppingstone to building a bonafide star. The MJF-Wahlberg interview is excellent and glad to see MJF come out on top, somehow in both a dominant fashion but also still looking like a weasel heel. A feel-good Tag Title ending to start is a good way to hype the crowd, I liked the idea of a Riddle-RVD tag, and their match would be an interesting clash of styles. Anytime RVD is in a ladder match it’s getting a thumbs up from me. I think your use of Britt Baker & Nyla was good. If I tried to predict your card it definitely wouldn’t have had Batista vs Rousey but I think it worked well. I’m glad Flair won in the end, the prospect of him vs WALTER is big but I do hope Cole ends up making him pay for all he did.

Thebostoncrab –
    I was definitely keen on seeing how the other Bullet Club would fare and they came out very well. The two junior tag matches set up your future well, Kobashi vs Shibata would be a war. I liked KENTA as the leader, a match with Liger would be great and I liked how strong he looked by the end. Angle vs Minoru would be another great match, and I like how you’ve set them up for a rematch. Okada vs Jericho was always going to be the star of this and you’ve done a good job with the reasoning behind it. The fallout from this would be amazing to watch with the slow build towards KENTA vs Okada (and I would personally love to see a KENTA vs Jericho redemption match thrown in once Jericho realises he’s being used).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

MNG :
    Before I read a single word, I know I am in for a treat. Each year, whether you win or lose, you always deliver a top notch read and Im almost certain I give you my top marks most years. No pressure.

The set up for the PPV was very enjoyable. Reigns turning on Hogan brought back memories of Savage turning on Hogan in the run up to WM5. Adding Heenan would solidify Reigns as a top heel and its totally a feud I would enjoy seeing in real life. Romans rationale is sensible and believable.

The King vs King feud would be fun, King Booker made the most out of his KOTR win and himself versus Lawler would be a feud worth seeing.

Rude and Honkey as stable mates fighting for the IC title is interesting and can go many ways, plus adding the most natural babyface of all time to the mix is a nice addition.

The Arbs vs the Yanks is a simple, yet effective feud that would garner plenty of interest in the early 90's. The stip adds to the feud.

Windham vs Misawa would be a great match in reality, and the twist in Windam turning face adds to the interest. I wonder will their be a double turn.

At 6 matches, you've build a nice set of feuds.

The PPV kicks off with Windham vs Misawa and it would be a fine opener to any show. The set up the finish would have the fans standing in appreciation, and teh cradle finish makes sense and puts Windham over huge to start the show. I wonder how Heenan will react.

Lawler vs Booker would have been fun, was a huge fan of both Lawler in his prime, and of Bookers king gimmick. The finish is the way to go with Lawler picking up the sly, tainted victory. Lawler Heehan would be a fun double act to watch, esp against the outrageous King Booker.

The Arbs vs Americans match isnt one Id be dying to see, but with that said the angle would be fun. Slaughter turning heel was excellent and it gives the newly face Windham a new dance partner. Excellent way to get Windham over long term.

The Tag match would defo be a dream match, and a hard hitting affair. It would be a big attraction and certain to draw, plus it would be an enjoyable brutal match, that wouldnt be for the faint at heart.

The 3 way dance would be a decent match with 2 excellent wrestlers in Rude and Steamboat, with the always fun to watch Honky making up the numbers. Having Rude steal the pin and then dump Heenan for Stacey was well done. Easy, yet well crafted booking.

Reigns vs Hogan was epicly booked, esp the hot finish. Heenan getting his just desserts and sending the fans home happy makes sense here. Hogan now has Lawler and maybe Slaughter next in line, while Roman could work with Steamboar or Windham.

As always a great read. MNG you'll be tough to beat again.

ABMG - PPV
    A very nice build up with some very interesting feuds. Match quality wise, you have a show with fantastic wrestlers , most of them capable of stealing the show. When you first drafted Savage anbd HHH, I presumed they would be your main event but Balor vs Hunter would be just as good. Savage and the bullet club is an interesting dynamic and Steph and Liz's interactions would be a big time moment. jay White is a very underated guy and Im glad hes playing a big part so far.

The tag opener was a very nice blend of talent, reminds me of the Hardys/Dudley/EandC 3 ways of the early 2000's. The Bucks had to win as they are clearly the more popular team.

Shamrock winning was a surprise but the aftermath makes it logical. Storm and LaRae would be a fine bout anywhere in teh world and I would be happy to watch no matter who won.

Ibushi/Devlin would be a great bout and Im happy Ibushi is getting the win as the defeat, in the manner, would only elevate Devlin as he could hang with Ibushi.

Brainbuster vs Bucks is a money match and a dream match of mine. (Actually had them booked one year before swapping the Bucks out for the more suited DIY) Savage v Orton would be epic, Orton would surely be motivated for this feud and both would compliment the other well. Savage getting the RKO would be a big moment.

I didnt see the end of teh main event coming, bravo..... and it makes booking going forward very interesting. White being pushed against Balor would be quaility.

Great PPV, and with the good booking, coupled with fantastic talent, it might be a winning year for Wrestlerama (7... has it been seven years since we first played this game? where does the time go.

Ok,

PMs have been issued and allow me to declare the voting for the 2020 PW Boards Draft

OPEN

Voting Form Link

The deadline for votes to be received is

Midnight on Sunday, 3rd May

I hope then to have the votes calculated for a Bank Holiday Monday reveal to tie it all off.

Happy voting partners!

Incidentally if you didn't receive a PM with your codeword please let me know here or via PM.

My internet was a bit screwy during the distribution of PMs.

Ive read all shows now, just have to give feedback and place my votes.

Plenty food for thought, lots of potential slammy winners.

May I ask who are eligible for the best new draftee award?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive read all shows now, just have to give feedback and place my votes.

Plenty food for thought, lots of potential slammy winners.

May I ask who are eligible for the best new draftee award?

That's on the voting form actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Voting Card submitted, and really enjoyed reading the Write Ups the last 2-3 evenings.

Thanks again to Necro for all the effort and running this - really enjoy it!

Thanks for all the feedback from everyone as well!

• Advertisement

BH :
    I have enjoyed so many installments of BWA over the years, so I expect a fun rollercoaster ride no matter what. Cody and Vince running the fed is a great starting point, esp with Vince recruiting his mates and beefy guys, with Cody bringing in his family.

Loved Cody and Vinces story, both presented perfectly, I especially Codys promo calling Vince a carny fcuk. I could imagine it perfectly.

Trump aligning with Lex is a great idea, and adding Backlund would be a genius move. Trump and Backlund in particular would be a hoot. I have watched more than enough Trump over the last month or so, so imagining him here has been amusing.

The IC title tournie went differently than expected. I would have predicted Perfect v Warrior, so Im happily surprised Goldie v Benoit make it through.

Yoko was made look strong in pre show, while Freebirds and Demotion feud is touched upon here. Great booking.

Perfect v Benoit would be a great opener in reality, so the crowd would be hot straight off the bat. Goldie vs Warrior made great use of Warriors real-life homophobic views.

Demotion vs the Freebirds is a logical match and the potential addition of adonis would make sense. I also agree the Flower Shop would be the perfect segment to reveal the angle.

Cena v Tanahashi would be a great match in any fed. I like how Cena is heel yet not overly so. His loyality to Vince rationale is logical and both would bring the house down. I think Tanahashi winning makes sense, to go against Vince as the evil boss. Though I would be suspect of Tanahashi having a strong enough character/persona to rival Vince. A face Cena would have worked better.

The IC final was fun to read and glad see Dustin/Goldie win. Dusty winning was the right call and but overall I enjoyed everything about the feud, from the entrances, to Trump in general. I would love to see Backlund and Trump interact in real-life, smart booking.

But my fav part was Cody vs Vince. The real main event in my eyes. The whole PPV had a late 90’s feel with Vince and Cody featured heavily. The match was excellently written and the leap from the ladder would be an OMG moment for sure.

Overall great show, very easy to read and full of plenty of twists and turns to keep me interested. A top contender for sure.

Daithi -
    Real happy you got the PPv card up. Realy enjoyed your work from previous years. I remember one year you helped me care about Randy Orton going over Goldberg when in reality I wanted both to fcuk off. :)

I loved the concept of the TLC elimination match, reminded me of the 3 stages of hell match from 2001 and the match would be a great way to kick off the show.

The submission match is a nice match considering the way their submissions get over initially for both men at the begining of their WWE careers. Rusev had to win though and Id be disappointed had he not won. The IC gauntlet match would be a great way to get the winne rover and giving Dunne the win was easily the right choice.

Sasha v Trish is a dream match so the match books itself. Bayley turning and winning the title would be a great way to get her over and creates a sympathic challenger in Sasha. Good stuff.

Im a huge fan of both members of DIY (see most of my previous shows, Ive booked them 3 times now) so seeing them at the top makes me happy. Always capable of tearing the house down so id expect a 4-star classic miniimum.

A fun card that I would surely enjoy in reality. Well done D.

Reminder that voting closes Sunday night at midnight, I've received four submissions already and thank you :D

I'll try and get my votes in later. Anyone else finding Boards is operating at a snail's pace? Taking me about 10 seconds at least to load a page. Quite frustrating.

I'm not having any trouble on my laptop but the touch site has been acting up on my phone for a while now

I'll try and get my votes in later. Anyone else finding Boards is operating at a snail's pace? Taking me about 10 seconds at least to load a page. Quite frustrating.

Yeah there's a thread in Feedback about it I think, it's a server issue on their side.

Touch site is unusable and I'm getting the longer load times through chrome at the moment, though the unsupported app is ticking away grand :pac:

I've submitted my votes.

This has been a nice distraction in these times. Cheers Necro, and everyone who participated.

Necro wrote: »
    Reminder that voting closes Sunday night at midnight, I've received four submissions already and thank you :D

I have mine gone in, I hope you got

Yes the site is very slow lately before that many 404, 503 and other errors plus older pages showing up first

Got yours Liz.

I'm up to 6 sets of votes now and some of the categories are very very close. Looking forward to the reveal already.

Still loads of time anyways for the rest of y'all :)

• Advertisement

Im still mulling over a few categories.

Advertisement