Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix opening?

• 16-01-2020 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭

Appear to be opening in Kilkenny- just saw some jobs advertised online but no idea of the location. Presume somewhere like the Loughboy retail park (there is one unit empty) or the one by Electrocity off old Dublin road.
    https://sejobs.ie/job/retail-supervisor-2/

Anyone know where?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Interesting. Have not been to a store but have ordered online regularly.

Details of expansion here:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/400-jobs-to-be-created-as-screwfix-plans-irish-expansion-970678.html

40 stores seems excessive! No mention of location in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Interesting. Have not been to a store but have ordered online regularly.

Details of expansion here:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/400-jobs-to-be-created-as-screwfix-plans-irish-expansion-970678.html

40 stores seems excessive! No mention of location in Kilkenny.

40 stores seems like saturation alright. Sounds like the kind of place more viable in larger towns and cities not 40 of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I have heard somewhere in the Hebron industrial estate. From what I know they are similar to Chadwicks. 40 stores seems excessive. We simply don't have the population to sustain that level of outlets. Time might tell differently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

A couple of big companies advertised before for jobs in Kilkenny and then never opened. Superdrug comes to mind.
    40 stores is fairly ambitious, they’ll start with a few stores in the larger cities/towns and see how things go, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

1984baby wrote: »
    A couple of big companies advertised before for jobs in Kilkenny and then never opened. Superdrug comes to mind.
    40 stores is fairly ambitious, they’ll start with a few stores in the larger cities/towns and see how things go, I reckon.

That’s true I’d love to know what happened. Did the rent and rates not stack up? Super drug and Cafe Nero are two I can think of. Home store were also supposed to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

holyhead wrote: »
    I have heard somewhere in the Hebron industrial estate. From what I know they are similar to Chadwicks. 40 stores seems excessive. We simply don't have the population to sustain that level of outlets. Time might tell differently!
    From my experience in the Waterford Store the are more like ARGOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭stratowide

KK4SAM wrote: »
    From my experience in the Waterford Store the are more like ARGOS

Was down in Waterford last week and said I'd go in for a looksee.

Exactly the same as Argos..Pay your money and they bring out your stuff for you.
    So much for walking around salivating at all the lovely tools..:rolleyes:

Advertisement