Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windsurfing/surfboard shipping from UK

• 17-01-2020 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Trying to buy a windsurfing board from the UK... Guys are quoting me 125gbp for shipping... Driving over to collect wouldn't cost much more... Any suggestions for a more reasonable alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

nhur wrote: »
    Trying to buy a windsurfing board from the UK... Guys are quoting me 125gbp for shipping... Driving over to collect wouldn't cost much more... Any suggestions for a more reasonable alternative?
    Ask them how much to pack a board and get a few quotes from DHL etc for pick up and delivery

Cost me 50 to have a board packed and shipped from Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭nhur

rodento wrote: »
    Ask them how much to pack a board and get a few quotes from DHL etc for pick up and delivery

Cost me 50 to have a board packed and shipped from Spain

Thanks. Found a decent board on another site and it costs 50 to ship. First place is way off the pace

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eastie17

nhur wrote: »
    hey nhur, who did you get to quote you? I'm looking for something shipped with similar dimensions and cant even get anyone to quote so wondering who you got? They might be too expensive but at least I will have quote.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭nhur

eastie17 wrote: »
    hey nhur, who did you get to quote you? I'm looking for something shipped with similar dimensions and cant even get anyone to quote so wondering who you got? They might be too expensive but at least I will have quote.
    Thanks

honestly can't remember ... ultimately the board was shipped with DHL or nightline or equivalent... but the seller sorted it out so I didn't have to

Advertisement