Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cocaine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Augeo wrote: »
    Right back at you kid.

Off you go now ang google some of your usual inane sources and copy and paste someone else's scutter here.

What it means in my context is that as there'd be a blackmarket (undoubtedly, cigarette market is an examply) all of the current systems failings would still be there.

so, if we had much deeper knowledge of our social dysfunctions, we d have the exact same problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

id nearly do heroin before coke. to me coke offers nothing, its a dirty drug, god knows what you are hoovering up your nose. A lot of people are just doing it because they think its cool. I feel sorry for them. People need to take responsibility for their own actions and just stop taking it. The people in their 20's taking it now wont live to see their 60's if they keep at it.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ...ah i ll stick to my own brain thanks

lol

All of your posts are copy and paste left, woke nonsense ............. zero originality. If your posting on boards was a college assignment you'd be done for plagiarism, in addition to wandering off topic and not answering questions directly.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    id nearly do heroin before coke. to me coke offers nothing, its a dirty drug, god knows what you are hoovering up your nose. A lot of people are just doing it because they think its cool. I feel sorry for them. People need to take responsibility for their own actions and just stop taking it. The people in their 20's taking it now wont live to see their 60's they keep at it.

....so addiction is easy to stop, it just requires 'personal responsibility'?

lol

All of your posts are copy and paste left, woke nonsense ............. zero originality. If your posting on boards was a college assignment you'd be done for plagiarism, in addition to wandering off topic and not answering questions directly.

no, its generally coming from my own brain, and whats 'woke nonsense'?

• Advertisement

so, if we had much deeper knowledge of our social dysfunctions, we d have the exact same problems?

How does legalising cocaine offer a deeper knowledge of our social dysfunctions.

no, its generally coming from my own brain, and whats 'woke nonsense'?

No, it most definitely is not.
    And, you don't even understand the banking and financial sh1te you spiel on about. You also don't understand much about legalising cocaine either " if we had much deeper knowledge of our social dysfunctions, we d have the exact same problems?"

Lol, at least you're not confused at the left reference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does legalising cocaine offer a deeper knowledge of our social dysfunctions.

we maybe able to create a safer product for consumption, evident with alcohol etc, we may find out how much truly is in consumption, and how much we need to invest in our health system, in order to deal with it............

No, it most definitely is not.
    And, you don't even understand the banking and financial sh1te you spiel on about. You also don't understand much about legalising cocaine either " if we had much deeper knowledge of our social dysfunctions, we d have the exact same problems?"

Lol, at least you're not confused at the left reference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...what are you talking about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Mecrab wrote: »
    How is this drug so popular.. it's absolutely MANK. Especially the Irish cocaine that's so stamped down with adulterants. Feel on top of the world for 5 minutes then the dopamine levels plummet and you feel like you just murdered 10 babies until you have another sniff but each one brings less and less euphoria and before you know it it's 6am the birds are chirping and you're questioning just what the **** are you doing in life to be sitting there skagged ta fook wishing you'd said "not tonight mate"

Was at a party last summer and I stuck to MDMA and was still flying, on a lovely level with a couple of others at 9am. Everyone that took Coke also were mashed and in bed by 4am. Don't see the point at all.

• Advertisement

...what are you talking about now?

You are struggling because I made a few points in one post and they don't lend themselves to rebuttal from any of your usual sources.

Apologies :pac:

Read it a few times, break it down, think about it :)

Legalising cocaine is a nutty idea, there'd still be a huge blackmarket cocaine market, just like the tax free & fake cigarette options.

Would it be "huge"?

I used to have that opinion, and made the argument that because the legal stuff would be regulated, a black market would rise up for the more potent stuff, which cocaine users need as tolerance increases.

Now I think that is a bad argument. The black market will arise, but a small black market is better than a marketplace that is entirely controlled by criminal gangs, with minor, amateur inroads being made by Gardaí.

The aim isn't to eradicate the illicit trade in cocaine altogether. That isn't possible. The main aim must be to reduce criminal activity, not eradicate.

Going back to the drug itself, cocaine is strange. I think some of us are somehow immune to it. Any time I tried it, it did absolutely nothing, and I know it was cocaine instead of flour because it numbed my gums. Some people say it's because the thing that comes to Ireland has been badly diluted, or whatever the lingo is, "cut".

Am not remotely interested in taking blame for a murder, and am very suspicious of anyone who seems to enjoy apportionjng blame in that very exaggerated way "blood on their hands" etc. all pontifical. Even for people who regularly use cocaine, they're only guilty of wasting their money. Murder isn't inevitable, the responsibility lies with the culprit alone.

I assume the cocaine economy has completely collapsed. I'm not sure why the drug was ever popular, but its usage during a Lockdown would be even harder to comprehend.

You are struggling because I made a few points in one post and they don't lend themselves to rebuttal from any of your usual sources.

Apologies :pac:

Read it a few times, break it down, think about it :)

ah you re grand thanks, ive life to be doing

Would it be "huge"?........

Yes, look at the cigarette trade........

https://ec.europa.eu/anti-fraud/public-perception-illicit-tobacco-trade_en

Cigarette smuggling and other forms of illicit trade in tobacco products cause an estimated EUR 10 billion loss to the EU and national budgets every year.

https://www.drugsandalcohol.ie/19844/1/Illicit-Trade-in-Ireland-report.pdf

The illicit trade in tobacco creates the greatest cost in terms of annual losses of revenue to the Exchequer, with estimates ranging from €250 million by the Revenue Commissioners to €569 million by the industry.

And that's cigarettes, available in every grocery shop and service station in the country, no shortage of venders.

ah you re grand thanks, ive life to be doing

Reading inane sh1t on the net and splattering it on here.

Reading inane sh1t on the net and splattering it on here.

...and where do you get your info?

...and where do you get your info?

Life experience and personal views.

Life experience and personal views.

...so you dont gain information from sources from the internet, or other sources?

...so you dont gain information from sources from the internet, or other sources?

I don't get info from inane, lefty, woke sources.
    I read books and professional articles across various industries, pharma & financial.

I thought you'd "life to do" this morning?

Collecting the dole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Yes, look at the cigarette trade........

https://ec.europa.eu/anti-fraud/public-perception-illicit-tobacco-trade_en

Cigarette smuggling and other forms of illicit trade in tobacco products cause an estimated EUR 10 billion loss to the EU and national budgets every year.

https://www.drugsandalcohol.ie/19844/1/Illicit-Trade-in-Ireland-report.pdf

The illicit trade in tobacco creates the greatest cost in terms of annual losses of revenue to the Exchequer, with estimates ranging from €250 million by the Revenue Commissioners to €569 million by the industry.

And that's cigarettes, available in every grocery shop and service station in the country, no shortage of venders.

When is the last time you heard of an illegal cigarette dealer getting shot?

• Advertisement

snotboogie wrote: »

And you reckon illicit cocaine dealers wouldn't be if cocaine was legalised?
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

snotboogie wrote: »

I haven’t been looking but off the top of my head I’d say 4 years ago

It’s a hellova drug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭snotboogie

lol

Cigarettes have a black market because they are taxed at 80%. They have long been an easy win for government to raise funds with little push back. Cocaine would in theory be legalised for public health and to stop violence. It wouldn't be taxed at such ridiculous rates and would be able to compete on price with the black market. I don't think the cigarette trade is comparable to the legalisation of other drugs unless you also bring in the unbelievable tax rates, which obviously wouldn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

lol

All your recent posts sound like you are on a coke come down.
    Just chill dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I don't get info from inane, lefty, woke sources.
    I read books and professional articles across various industries, pharma & financial.

I thought you'd "life to do" this morning?

Collecting the dole?

You do in your bollocks :pac:

Going back to the drug itself, cocaine is strange. I think some of us are somehow immune to it. Any time I tried it, it did absolutely nothing, and I know it was cocaine instead of flour because it numbed my gums.

Look out guys, we've got a drug expert here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Look out guys, we've got a drug expert here!
    You do in your bollocks :pac:
    All your recent posts sound like you are on a coke come down.
    Just chill dude

I see the standard of debate is just as strong as it was the last tiem I visited this thread...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

A really interesting audit I would love to do but would probably collapse the HSE is on one random Monday morning, take a urine sample of every SHO/reg working in a HSE hospital. The results would be illuminating

• Advertisement

I see the standard of debate is just as strong as it was the last tiem I visited this thread...

Good to see you've got something new and productive to add to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Good to see you've got something new and productive to add to it.

I have and have done so, but when you get people dismissing such posts as "oh look we've got a drug expert here!", why bother?

I'll leave you to have the last witty retort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭dasdog

Aside from the odd line when offered I stopped doing it twenty years ago. It's just shít really and ends the same way - more and more and more. Amphetamine is a much more productive and less addictive drug - I'm still partial when it's about. But when you hit your thirties it's probably best to stay away from Class A's. I've one friend whose still doing gear and smoking crack and is a father of three trying to fill a chasm of emptiness. Sad really and I know a few like that.

dasdog wrote: »
    Aside from the odd line when offered I stopped doing it twenty years ago. It's just shít really and ends the same way - more and more and more. Amphetamine is a much more productive and less addictive drug - I'm still partial when it's about. But when you hit your thirties it's probably best to stay away from Class A's. I've one friend whose still doing gear and smoking crack and is a father of three trying to fill a chasm of emptiness. Sad really and I know a few like that.

I find cocaine more "more-ish" than addictive.

Exstacy would be a far more inteesting drug, lasts longer, is a fraction of the price and doesn't hae the same moral implications.

You caan't take it ll that often though - whereas the big problem with Cocaine is that you can go through a couple of grams a night and still be ready for more 24 hours later.

I have and have done so, but when you get people dismissing such posts as "oh look we've got a drug expert here!", why bother?

I'll leave you to have the last witty retort.

Did you read the post I quoted? Because I'm showing more respect and deference than it deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭dasdog

Exstacy would be a far more inteesting drug, lasts longer, is a fraction of the price and doesn't hae the same moral implications.

I'm in my forties now - having grown up through the rave era the occasional dose of MDMA is still a pleasure. And LSD :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Anyone hear the radio piece about Syria turning into a narcostate with its production of hashish and captagon?
    PK said Captagon was the poormans cocaine widespread in the middleeast anybody try the captagon.
    I would stay away from cocaine as its bad for the heart and would avoid captagon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I know you are, but what am I?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Legalising cocaine is a nutty idea, there'd still be a huge blackmarket cocaine market, just like the tax free & fake cigarette options.

Keeping it illegal is a far nuttier idea. There's evidence William Shakespeare took it, so if it has been around since/before his time what makes u think prohibition will make it disappear anytime soon. How do u know there would be a HUGE cocaine black market, will u lend me ur crystal ball, I wanna clean the bookies out. As another poster said cigarettes r taxed at 80 %, in Spain they're about one third the price here and in Gibraltar and other countries they're even cheaper, that's why there's a black market for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

In the context of ever increasing consumption of cocaine in Ireland, I thought the following from the gardai investigating Keane Mulready-Woods gruesome murder was interesting. Indeed, given the typical demographic of this site, there are large numbers of cocaine users on this site. So, do you think cocaine users in Ireland have some responsibility for the gang warfare that is destroying parts of the country?

I think the people of Ireland have blood on their hands. It should be regulated instead of criminalised.

For whatever reason, a lot of people in Ireland want drugs and that doesn't mean they are automatically evil. Put it this way, if alcohol were illegal would boozers have blood on their hands or would the government?

pottokblue wrote: »
    Anyone hear the radio piece about Syria turning into a narcostate with its production of hashish and captagon?
    PK said Captagon was the poormans cocaine widespread in the middleeast anybody try the captagon.
    I would stay away from cocaine as its bad for the heart and would avoid captagon too.

No but I want some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

They were preferable to loads of feral scrotes terrorising their neighbours on scramblers and robbing workers of their phones around the IFSC.

If the brainwashed puritans of that era had made contraception legal, there may have been fewer "illegitimate" children and less of a need for the laundries/prisons. If the modern day "feral scrotes" were treated half as badly as those "fallen women" then there probably wouldn't be as many phones being robbed in the IFSC and elsewhere. Back then it was single women having sex that was a problem for the puritans, now it's illegal drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Tomaldo wrote: »
    Keeping it illegal is a far nuttier idea. There's evidence William Shakespeare took it, so if it has been around since/before his time what makes u think prohibition will make it disappear anytime soon. How do u know there would be a HUGE cocaine black market, will u lend me ur crystal ball, I wanna clean the bookies out. As another poster said cigarettes r taxed at 80 %, in Spain they're about one third the price here and in Gibraltar and other countries they're even cheaper, that's why there's a black market for them.

I thought cocaine was only invented in the late 19th century ?

Big Gerry wrote: »
    I thought cocaine was only invented in the late 19th century ?

It's been around for centuries, although how long in Europe I don't know. It's more likely Shakespeare took a similar opioid if not cocaine itself.

It's been around for centuries, although how long in Europe I don't know. It's more likely Shakespeare took a similar opioid if not cocaine itself.

I'm talking about processed cocaine which is a totally different animal to people eating coca leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The plant has been used for centuries but cocaine wasn't isolated until the middle of the 19th century

The plant has been used for centuries but cocaine wasn't isolated until the middle of the 19th century

I wonder has anyone died from eating coca leaves ?

Big Gerry wrote: »
    I wonder has anyone died from eating coca leaves ?

I don't think you could possibly eat enough of the leaves.

Cocaine is fairly new , people chewed cocoa leaves for centuries alright

Cocaine is fairly new , people chewed cocoa leaves for centuries alright

cocoa leaves are a very different thing indeed. :D

cocoa leaves are a very different thing indeed. :D

Great with a bit of ice cream :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement