Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it not time EVERYONE considers not voting for FF or FG in the upcoming election

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

LillySV wrote: »
    So they have less population but create more wealth .... and u and Varadkar think that’s a negative!!!???

I'll tell you what, I will answer your question, once you have the courtesy of answering mine.
    “I think sometimes you have to tell it like it is,” he said, adding: “The United Kingdom is not in the top 20 countries in the world in terms of population. That’s a fact.

“It is in the top 10 in terms of economy – but everyone knows the world is changing.”

This is what comes out of Varadkar in regard to his nearest neighbour ... what a dumb ****.... he can’t lick the holes of France and Germany enough... who couldn’t give a **** about Ireland

So, I will ask you again. Is there anything untrue about your varadkar quote ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I usually vote fg but they are terrible, ff are basically the same, just have a different name so yeah I will vote differently this time, the question is who

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sawduck wrote:
    I usually vote fg but they are terrible, ff are basically the same, just have a different name so yeah I will vote differently this time, the question is who

Its unfortunate that there's very poor choices here, I still expect both ff and fg to do very well on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

I'll tell you what, I will answer your question, once you have the courtesy of answering mine.

So, I will ask you again. Is there anything untrue about your varadkar quote ?

That’s what the indo quotes him as saying so I’ll have to assume it’s what he said... after all the indo are one of their best advertising mediums! The facts are right... but it’s not one to use as a negative .... Varadkar should have/be trying to work harder with our nearest neighbour to increase our countries wealth instead of being an absolute puppeteer and bully boy for the eu. The way he carried our business was scandalous ... he didn’t try hard enough to secure deals with them

Sawduck wrote: »

Same here.... prob is there’s no great alternative.... still going to vote for one though as not going to vote myself into another period of Ff and fg in govt lining their pockets and the pockets of Ireland’s top rich people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I wonder if more voted sf , would it be the real kick in the hole these two joke parties need. They would be one more full term or less away from possibly winning most seats if the trend of them doing nothing continues ... thank god for sf in a way. All of the other parties are too small. Those idiots will do as they like without the threat of losing power. Seeing varadkar removed as Taoiseach is seriously appealing!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

The Irish should all vote for sinn Féin. The only way to get the Brits out and to have some real change in this country.

It won't happen until all the baby boomers passed away though. That will not be before 2030.

Unfortunately I don't have voting rights here in Ireland, so all I can do is shout from the side line.

Being a dutchman living in Dublin for over 2 years, I used to have the policy of not meddling with Irish politics. Sadly the perpetual FF/fg cycle is beginning to affect me to. There is however only little I can do as a foreigner. I am sure as heck NEVER EVER EVER EVER getting Irish citizenship though (unless my country finally sinks into the sea due to climate change ).

Same here.... prob is there’s no great alternative.... still going to vote for one though as not going to vote myself into another period of Ff and fg in govt lining their pockets and the pockets of Ireland’s top rich people

Sinn Féin , labour or greens are the best options.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I wonder if more voted sf , would it be the real kick in the hole these two joke parties need. They would be one more full term or less away from possibly winning most seats if the trend of them doing nothing continues ... thank god for sf in a way. All of the other parties are too small. Those idiots will do as they like with out the threat of losing power. Seeing varadkar removed as Taoiseach is seriously appealing!

Are you no longer a FG diehard?

machaseh wrote: »
    Sinn Féin , labour or greens are the best options.

Yeah. The only party I know I am going to vote for now , are the greens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I wonder if more voted sf , would it be the real kick in the hole these two joke parties need. They would be one more full term or less away from possibly winning most seats if the trend of them doing nothing continues ... thank god for sf in a way. All of the other parties are too small. Those idiots will do as they like with out the threat of losing power. Seeing varadkar removed as Taoiseach is seriously appealing!

What SF policies have won you over?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Are you no longer a FG diehard?
    a fg diehard? My take was they were the least shot of the options. I just think giving them the opportunity of another few years to do nothing but talk and take the puss, isn’t appealing. I know sf haven’t ever stood up to the plate , but I think at this stage many people have had enough of ffg. If the best they can come up with is “ a shady past “ they’d want to try a lot better. Those current lot of pricks in government are responsible for deaths on a daily basis !

Yeah. The only party I know I am going to vote for now , are the greens

Are you not against more tax?

What SF policies have won you over?

Building far more state housing ... don’t believe any of the parties will solve health , law and order issues etc. so those issues aren’t relevant in my opinion greens will get my vote because spending insane sums on roads and nothing on rail infrastructure is idiocy beyond belief. Typical Irish planning.

I’m not saying I want sf in. I want them to win more seats now. I want those useless ffg morons to know they are one more term of failure away from losing their cost marriage of convenience!

Are you not against more tax?

Not environmental taxes. People are lying when they say they can’t pay more tax. If this cost for a much better air quality etc is a few cents a day. I couldn’t care about the lies about “ affordability “ they can waste huge amounts on alcohol, smart phone , expensive tv packages and endless ****. This applies to the entire population. Interested to see how many seats they win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

machaseh wrote: »
    The Irish should all vote for sinn Féin. The only way to get the Brits out and to have some real change in this country.

It won't happen until all the baby boomers passed away though. That will not be before 2030.

Unfortunately I don't have voting rights here in Ireland, so all I can do is shout from the side line.

Being a dutchman living in Dublin for over 2 years, I used to have the policy of not meddling with Irish politics. Sadly the perpetual FF/fg cycle is beginning to affect me to. There is however only little I can do as a foreigner. I am sure as heck NEVER EVER EVER EVER getting Irish citizenship though (unless my country finally sinks into the sea due to climate change ).
    "Brits out"
    You were happy to see them in 1944

Building far more state housing ... don’t believe any of the parties will solve health , law and order issues etc. so those issues aren’t relevant in my opinion greens will get my vote because spending insane sums on roads and nothing on rail infrastructure is idiocy beyond belief. Typical Irish planning.

The housing one does seem interesting , but the more you look it seems more populist.

How do they get the construction workers to work on state housing instead of commercial all while keeping the costs down? The costing doesn't seem that realistic.

Also as someone who has been vocal on people getting houses for nothing, would you buy in an estate made up of 60 percent social housing? You need only look at a recent thread to see the public have differing opinions on this.

Also if all these resources are diverted there, and the figure of 20 percent in New Estates is enforced there is less supply for people who don't qualify for state assistance to rent or buy.
    Unless they are widening who qualifies so it's a horse for all?

Again seems a great idea but the more I look into it the less it stands up (that's even without funding it with an IP tax)

Edgware wrote: »
    "Brits out"
    You were happy to see them in 1944

More so the Polish and the Canadians than the British, in the case of the Netherlands.

Not environmental taxes. People are lying when they say they can’t pay more tax. If this cost for a much better air quality etc is a few cents a day. I couldn’t care about the lies about “ affordability “ they can waste huge amounts on alcohol, smart phone , expensive tv packages and endless ****. This applies to the entire population. Interested to see how many seats they win

I think the greens seem to be missing a trick, real public interest but their policy's or proposals don't show any creativity, which is needed to solve the climate issue

The housing one does seem interesting , but the more you look it seems more populist.

How do they get the construction workers to work on state housing instead of commercial all while keeping the costs down? The costing doesn't seem that realistic.

Also as someone who has been vocal on people getting houses for nothing, would you buy in an estate made up of 60 percent social housing? You need only look at a recent thread to see the public have differing opinions on this.

Also if all these resources are diverted there, and the figure of 20 percent in New Estates is enforced there is less supply for people who don't qualify for state assistance to rent or buy.

Again seems a great idea but the more I look into it the less it stands up (that's even without finding it with an IP tax)

I absolutely do not agree with the current model of housing here. Near free accommodation for social housing. Mixing estates or developments might work. Rather than entire areas of social housing as in the past. I am not sure in Dublin about the repercussion of taxing land currently zoned commercial more or rezone it if suitable , to incentivize more home building. Do that and commercial rents rise presumably. But there is an issue with

• Advertisement

This is true, you cannot expect construction firms to build public housing for less than private housing. This will cost money. Improving a country costs money, that is the way it is.

Maybe you or upper class people would not want to buy a house near a large council estate. But many first time buyers and people of smaller income would, EXACTLY because those houses will be much more affordable to buy. Then you can buy your pretty little single family home in Clonskeagh. Everybody happy.
    The people in between the current high priced housing market and the council estates would for example qualify for 'help to buy' schemes or would be able to buy those dreaded houses close to those council estates that you wouldn't think of buying.

I absolutely do not agree with the current model of housing here. Near free accommodation for social housing. Mixing estates or developments might work. Rather than entire areas of social housing as in the past. I am not sure in Dublin about the repercussion of taxing land currently zoned commercial more or rezone it if suitable , to incentivize more home building. Do that and commercial rents rise presumably. But there is an issue with

But SF not are proposing building "free" social housing and in concentrated areas like before?

I agree with you on alot by the way

I think the greens seem to be missing a trick, real public interest but their policy's or proposals don't show any creativity, which is needed to solve the climate issue
    an issue people miss. Of course climate change is huge , but Ireland is a drop in the ocean.appalling local air pollution in areas effects many of us here though. Appalling infrastructure and spending nothing on rail based mass transit is insane for a city Dublin’s size. The luas finished fifteen years ago is totally unfit for purpose. It’s mickey Mouse infrastructure. I read earlier Dublin is expected to have 500,000 more living here over the next 15-20 years

I would way prefer if fg hadn’t made a balls of issues here and ff over the last few decades. The only thing that I can see getting them moving , is a serious threat of sf over taking them due to their piss taking for years. The public have no other stick ...

Indeed everyone should have to pay for housing and social housing should be reviewed regularly ..... free house for life for many in this country who choose to do nothing in life ...and their neighbors who go out to work hard every day to barely afford the same house... scandalous ... has to be stopped .... plenty of people in minimum wage jobs copping on to this and starting to join them too... can’t blame them when this type of anti work system is in place

But SF not are proposing building "free" social housing and in concentrated areas like before?

I agree with you on alot by the way

Ffg will scaremongering about what sf might do. But you have to remember one of those idiots , would be required to prop up sf. So you’d get a compromise proposal. It might inject some urgency! Because it’s been the opposite extreme up to now ...

Ffg will scaremongering about what sf might do. But you have to remember one of those idiots , would be required to prop up sf. So you’d get a compromise proposal. It might inject some urgency! Because it’s been the opposite extreme up to now ...

Is that not the actual SF proposal? Build 60 percent social, 10 percent affordable rent , 30 affordable buy?

Indeed everyone should have to pay for housing and social housing should be reviewed regularly ..... free house for life for many in this country who choose to do nothing in life ...and their neighbors who go out to work hard every day to barely afford the same house... scandalous ... has to be stopped .... plenty of people in minimum wage jobs copping on to this and starting to join them too... can’t blame them when this type of anti work system is in place

If I had a crystal ball and same with my mates? Put your name down on housing list , you’d wait years as a single male. Get your free Dundrum luxury apartment, keep official income below threshold to qualify for it and work cash in hand or do as many do , get the welare payment and work cash. Know of a woman given a six bed house in new new estate in rathcoole, she has three kids , doing this. The working neighbors paid 500k for a smaller house. The council house pays no lpt or management fee either. You have some set up then. Who’s going to be kicking you out if council housing come a bust ? But if you have a mortgage, the banks will be all over you if you can’t afford it !

Is that not the actual SF proposal? Build 60 percent social, 10 percent affordable rent , 30 affordable buy?

I’m going to check it out now soon. Will report back

I’m going to check it out now soon. Will report back

There you go https://www.rte.ie/amp/1108623/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's not about affordability for more tax, we should not have to!

Advertisement