Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statement of Liability 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cnbyz

I gave up too. This is simply a terrible service. I dont believe it is a tech issue either. I am in IT myself. No tech issue will take that long to solve. If you cant solve it surely there are workarounds. You dont continue to troubleshoot for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 yalla345

IT here as well. This is getting ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Yellow dot today... almost didnt believe it. Submitted 3rd Jan and added medical expenses around 12th Jan. Keep the faith.. hopefully it'll be soon for everyone else now

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacConmheadha

Can anyone make sense of this for me?

I submitted my SoL on Monday but I haven't got it back yet. When I clicked into it initially it gave me a preliminary result of a €1200 underpayment.

I worked for two companies last year and went through each payslip, I paid the correct amount of tax in each payslip for both companies. However, if you add my gross taxable income form each company together into one number and use that to calculate my tax due I underpaid €1200...

How can I pay the correct amount of tax monthly but underpay in the yearly figure?

I had no additional income and my tax credits were correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I submitted my SoL on Monday but I haven't got it back yet. When I clicked into it initially it gave me a preliminary result of a €1200 underpayment.

I worked for two companies last year and went through each payslip, I paid the correct amount of tax in each payslip for both companies. However, if you add my gross taxable income form each company together into one number and use that to calculate my tax due I underpaid €1200...

How can I pay the correct amount of tax monthly but underpay in the yearly figure?

It's down to your tax credits.

Of course you can't pay the correct amount of tax and owe tax at the same time.

wonski wrote: »
    It's down to your tax credits.

Of course you can't pay the correct amount of tax and owe tax at the same time.

My circumstances didn’t change so my tax credits stayed the same throughout the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

My circumstances didn’t change so my tax credits stayed the same throughout the year.

I presume your tax credits were not applied correctly over the year then.

Type in your income into one of many tax calculators available online.

The only reason you underpaid your tax is one of your employers not applying correct tax credit.

There is no magic about it. Your earnings are what they are. So is the tax credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Did you get paid by both companies in one month and both used your credits?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

cnbyz wrote: »
    I gave up too. This is simply a terrible service. I dont believe it is a tech issue either. I am in IT myself. No tech issue will take that long to solve. If you cant solve it surely there are workarounds. You dont continue to troubleshoot for weeks.

No they are just not bothering doing them.

Some of the posts here thats the most ridiculous

• Advertisement

Ciaran wrote: »
    Did you get paid by both companies in one month and both used your credits?

I got paid by both companies in April and May. My payslips from the second company mentions tax credits but the first company’s ones don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lipbalmpam

No they are just not bothering doing them.

Some of the posts here thats the most ridiculous

Probably the most ridiculous posts have been from you.... calm your boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I'm after phoning - the reason I'm being told that they can't resolve my enquiry is because there's another glitch in the system not letting them alter my total pay for the year and that they're working on it. Has anyone else been told this?

I'm going to call into the revenue office tomorrow in person and see if they can do something there. Hopefully this is the case as I have a huge bill on my hands if it's not corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 Losphel

From what I've been told by Revenue, the SoLs that still haven't been issued yet are primarily for those who have foreign income, certain dividends and/or the Help to Buy rebate (there are a few others too I think.) The major IT issues seem to be mostly over, so I'd imagine most will issue very soon unless something else pops up. Here's to hoping everyone gets theirs!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

Looks like another weekend with no wines and cigars

FGR wrote: »
    I'm after phoning - the reason I'm being told that they can't resolve my enquiry is because there's another glitch in the system not letting them alter my total pay for the year and that they're working on it. Has anyone else been told this?

I'm going to call into the revenue office tomorrow in person and see if they can do something there. Hopefully this is the case as I have a huge bill on my hands if it's not corrected.

Calling in will make the system magically be fixed. Id say they might even write you a cheque

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Calling in will make the system magically be fixed. Id say they might even write you a cheque

I don't get the attitude - and if it makes you feel better I attended the office today and, aside from writing me a cheque they were able to help without a problem.

Matter has been resolved and now I'm due a lodgement into my account.

All the problems are to do with the new system brought in and they're hopeful it will be fixed in the coming weeks.

All the staff I spoke with on the phone and in person have been very helpful and I hope they get a break soon.

I don't get the attitude - and if it makes you feel better I attended the office today and, aside from writing me a cheque they were able to help without a problem.

All the problems are to do with the new system brought in and they're hopeful it will be fixed in the coming weeks.

All the staff I spoke with on the phone and in person have been very helpful and I hope they get a break soon.

Once its not the 1 in 5 refunds that need verified by management, you will get it in a few im sure.

Im waiting on one that has been processed but needed be verified 3 weeks now. I just accept it will take time and will not be bombarding the phones (which means the people working there have less time to fix issues as they are on phones all day)

hopeful ? They need to be a bit more transparent. I think its time they stop troubleshooting the new system and fall back to whatever alternative solution they have. If they are confident that they'd be able to solve the problem then they need to provide a time frame. Otherwise nothing stops me from thinking that this can take another 3 months . Can anybody say that it wont take that long ?

And another week gone with nothing received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

We finally got our sol, and money paid today. Over two months after, absolutely delighted and chuffed with the refund. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

• Advertisement

Still nothing here. Hahahahaha funniest country in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Waiting for refund since first week of January. ROS enquiry submitted last week in January. No response and no refund.

I seem to recall a direct email address for cases where there has been a delay of [x] weeks since submitting query via ROS - anyone have it handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 schlep

Losphel wrote: »
    From what I've been told by Revenue, the SoLs that still haven't been issued yet are primarily for those who have foreign income, certain dividends and/or the Help to Buy rebate (there are a few others too I think.) The major IT issues seem to be mostly over, so I'd imagine most will issue very soon unless something else pops up. Here's to hoping everyone gets theirs!

This is a load of sh*t...they use whatever excuse they feel like on the day you call up. I am waiting on mine since 6 January and the only thing I have on my return is Irish employment income and Irish deposit interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 schlep

hopeful ? They need to be a bit more transparent. I think its time they stop troubleshooting the new system and fall back to whatever alternative solution they have. If they are confident that they'd be able to solve the problem then they need to provide a time frame. Otherwise nothing stops me from thinking that this can take another 3 months . Can anybody say that it wont take that long ?

If you wait more than 90 days for your refund then technically they should pay you interest (assuming they had everything they need to process your refund). I would throw that at them if you are waiting for much longer.

Still nothing. I have checked to see that last year i have received my p21 on May 31st. almost mid year. Maybe they just prioritise Irish citizens :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

Paddigol wrote: »
    Waiting for refund since first week of January. ROS enquiry submitted last week in January. No response and no refund.

I seem to recall a direct email address for cases where there has been a delay of [x] weeks since submitting query via ROS - anyone have it handy?

Just curious, how did you get notice of a refund in the first week of January?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Just logged back in here, cannot believe some of you ate still waiting that is absolutely crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Bojill wrote: »
    Just curious, how did you get notice of a refund in the first week of January?

Your post got me double checking - and realised I posted in wrong thread!

Seems to be same issue of complaint though - mine relates to pension lump sum contribution in 2019 and application for tax credit and refund. I got the credit but no refund yet and no response to any queries through My Enquiries.

Glad to see Revenue are dragging their heals across the board and its not just me!

Good luck one and all...

I'll keep digging for that email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Finally got my SOL this morning. Filed on the 2nd and refilled on the 4th of February, only had had health expenses.

Still nothing here 😑

• Advertisement

yalla345 wrote: »
    Still nothing here ��
    Is there a specific timing for this ? cant they just release it in the afternoon ?

Is there a specific timing for this ? cant they just release it in the afternoon ?

I honestly don’t know. But i am sure about one thing, that I am glad I don’t live and work in a country where they treat taxpayers like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

Hi all, is this statement of liability only for PAYE's or also for people having submitted form 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hogiebear76

Am still waiting on SOL having submitted my PAYE return in early January, sent a complaint through my enquiries, got a standard reply saying a SOL will be issued shortly. How can this be allowed to go on for so long?

Same here mate. Unprofessional ? Useless? Biggest joke ever? Not sure how to describe this service.

it looks like I am the only one here still waiting for the SOL. But I lost hope in this useless service long time ago.

it looks like I am the only one here still waiting for the SOL. But I lost hope in this useless service long time ago.
    No you are not. I have decided not to check the revenue site everyday for my own sanity. My expectations from the service are quite low at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭zepman

Certainly not the only one. I submitted mine on January 1st and still waiting!

I was without a job after being made redundant last August. Fortunately, I got a new job mid-January so I didn't have to rely on a potential refund. I do check my account every day to look for the yellow dot but haven't contacted Revenue about it at all. Based on the posts here, it seems like a waste of time contacting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I contacted them a few weeks ago, after waiting since January,
    Fella on the phone said that they have the ability to push some of them through.
    He looked at mine and said their was nothing unusual about it so he could push it through, a few days later I had it with a nice refund.

Give them a bell and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Norderburse

You're definitely not alone. I submitted in the middle of January, re-submitted early Feb.....still nothing. I tried to complete a Help to Buy application but couldn't as I apparently haven't requested a SOL for 2019(!) , raised a MyEnquiries request but no answer to that yet.

Don't see much point in contacting them directly based on this thread but it is annoying as I married last year and will be waiting again for my SOL to be recalculated as soon as I get the first one back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

We submitted on Jan 17 (or 19) and finally got the SOL yesterday. Wish it was a cause for celebration, but instead of an expected overpayment of €1k+ somehow we underpaid by approx. €150. Will look into that at some point in the near future. But anyhow, the good news for everyone left waiting is that they are still working through the old ones obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WEZANGO

Submitted mine on 7th of January. They told through enquiries that everything approved and I should have my SOL in few days, but it's been a week already. They even sent me a message through enquiries asking if I am satisfied by their service or not... What a joke they are.

WEZANGO wrote: »
    Submitted mine on 7th of January. They told through enquiries that everything approved and I should have my SOL in few days, but it's been a week already. They even sent me a message through enquiries asking if I am satisfied by their service or not... What a joke they are.

This is ridiculous - What a joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Mine came in yesterday. Submitted Jan 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jay1988

I called earlier after resubmitting on 25th of Jan, chap on the phone did it for me manually and says refund will be in the bank by monday.

Amazing how it was done so easily today, after 5 phone calls over the last few weeks.

Chap on the phone was really helpful, it really does depend on who you get on the phone.

• Advertisement

This is what I was told yesterday through the my enquiries "there is an issue with your claim,the non resident aggregation relief not adding to your statement. This is not issolated to your account. Anyone claiming the same is also awaiting their Statement of Liability."

I doubt calling will make any difference. Although last year it kinda did help. I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

jay1988 wrote: »
    I called earlier after resubmitting on 25th of Jan, chap on the phone did it for me manually and says refund will be in the bank by monday.

Amazing how it was done so easily today, after 5 phone calls over the last few weeks.

Chap on the phone was really helpful, it really does depend on who you get on the phone.

could you please give me the phone number you used, been waiting since the 8th of jan now , thanks Eamonn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Finally got my SOL yesterday... Surprising that a decent refund was due so quite happy. Unacceptable delay after I had originally submitted early Jan and then resubmitted a few weeks later. It would need to very much improve for the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭jay1988

Eamonn8448 wrote: »
    could you please give me the phone number you used, been waiting since the 8th of jan now , thanks Eamonn

01 7383636

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

jay1988 wrote: »
    01 7383636

Thank you very much, much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement