Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statement of Liability 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

I don’t know what that could be.... I was on maternity benefit for half the year, my husband received paternity benefit for two weeks and then left full time employment and started part time jobs seekers while working one day a week. I dunno whether all this is complicating my return or what..I’d imagine it’s straightforward enough for people who know what they are doing though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I had a friend who worked in revenue and she told me that they'd have people roaring, shouting and threatening to smash the place up if they didn't get a refund before Xmas. I'd say there's been a few of those this month.

Outrageous behaviour

My place never gave out p60s until mid February (or later) so this is by far the earliest mine has been sorted.

Just remember that everyone is doing it at the same time so they’ll get round to yours soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

natc wrote: »
    I don’t know what that could be.... I was on maternity benefit for half the year, my husband received paternity benefit for two weeks and then left full time employment and started part time jobs seekers while working one day a week. I dunno whether all this is complicating my return or what..I’d imagine it’s straightforward enough for people who know what they are doing though

My husband was on part time job seekers too so that could be one of the troublesome ingredients...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Dodge wrote: »
    Outrageous behaviour

My place never gave out p60s until mid February (or later) so this is by far the earliest mine has been sorted.

Just remember that everyone is doing it at the same time so they’ll get round to yours soon enough

And this would have been at least ten years ago. I suppose a lot of us want instant gratification.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesphinx

Outrageous behaviour

People who submitted theirs in the past week as recieved their refund, people who submitted theirs in early January, it appears the they are processing the "batches" in the worng order...

TinyTot165 wrote: »
    My husband was on part time job seekers too so that could be one of the troublesome ingredients...

i think it is more to do with the date of the return - It looks like anything from the 1st Jan to the 10th jan is still outstanding...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

thesphinx wrote: »
    i think it is more to do with the date of the return - It looks like anything from the 1st Jan to the 10th jan is still outstanding...

I submitted within those dates and am still waiting for a response further than the initial email received as confirmation of receipt. My son submitted last week and has received a tax refund already.

My blood isn't boiling, but It does make you wonder how these things work.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Ours submitted on the 14th and still waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I think the "ingredient" is we submitted before the 15th.

• Advertisement

And this would have been at least ten years ago. I suppose a lot of us want instant gratification.

It was up to last year.

It doesn’t effect me if people are getting mad, I just think venting at people trying to do their job is OTT

It was up to last year.

It doesn’t effect me if people are getting mad, I just think venting at people trying to do their job is OTT

Nobody is venting at anyone, it just donesn't make sense that people who made their return recently has already recieved their refund while those who made theirs at he beginning of January is still waiting... it is a fair question to ask when you you are to recieve it, bear in mind that initially I was told the 17thm then the 22nd then the 24th and now the 29th.. if a refund is due it is my money and i am entiteled to it in a timely fashion to which is fair.

Nobody is venting at anyone,

I was specifically talking about the post I originally replied to
    I had a friend who worked in revenue and she told me that they'd have people roaring, shouting and threatening to smash the place up if they didn't get a refund before Xmas. I'd say there's been a few of those this month.

I was specifically talking about the post I originally replied to

Ah ok, sorry... I agree that level of venting is certainly OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Aoife2017

I submitted mine on Friday last (24th) & received it today which I am amazed by....

Aoife2017 wrote: »
    I submitted mine on Friday last (24th) & received it today which I am amazed by....

You wer lucky... i should have waited... doesn't really make sense

• Advertisement

You wer lucky... i should have waited... doesn't really make sense

It may be down to your employer too. They need end of month returns AFAIK (at least that’s what I read at the start of the month) - i.e. the December pay roll details

It may be down to your employer too. They need end of month returns AFAIK (at least that’s what I read at the start of the month) - i.e. the December pay roll details

As far as I am aware they have been processed, plus I can generate my P60 no probelm on revenue website..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinstuff

I am still waiting and have given up calling long ago. When I log onto Revenue.ie my SOL is now not visible. Previously, it said that it would be available to view soon, now it is not there at all. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am still waiting and have given up calling long ago. When I log onto Revenue.ie my SOL is now not visible. Previously, it said that it would be available to view soon, now it is not there at all. Has anyone else experienced this?

i just checked, it still says Available but when I click on it it says "We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

No, mine is still saying we are processing it. When I rang earlier I was told by her to re-submitt it. Which is not even possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinstuff

i just checked, it still says Available but when I click on it it says "We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly."

Thanks. I am hoping that they are now processing it, given that it is now not visible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I thought that too as I done both mine and parents on the 3rd, theirs came through last Wednesday but one of my work colleagues did theirs on Wednesday and had refund on Friday. I finally got my SOL on Saturday so will be waiting a few days on refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Our first world problems, eh!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

And its down. Lets hope it's the resolution for us all.

gD8a2Kq.png

PS: Revenue should prevent the submission of Income Tax until Jan 15th next time esp. if they can't process them prior to the date. It's clear their systems cant handle the backlog.

advertsfox wrote: »
    And its down. Lets hope it's the resolution for us all.

gD8a2Kq.png

PS: Revenue should prevent the submission of Income Tax until Jan 15th next time esp. if they can't process them prior to the date. It's clear their systems cant handle the backlog.

Don't get your hopes up, Its not. Its scheduled maintenance, I got an email about it in work today. They do it most evenings from 6pm.

I was able to log in. Still nothing, but I could log in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Just logged in. Still in process :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I was able to log in but nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jaro Lew

Strange ..... I did Income Tax Return for my parents today and at the end they got a Reference Number now up to 5 working days.

When I did my ITR on 13.01.2020 then I did not get any reference number. I have resbubmitted Income Tax Return today again and They have send me a reference number this time as well....

Lets see if I will get now my SoL

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jusvi2001

Jaro Lew wrote: »
    Strange ..... I did Income Tax Return for my parents today and at the end they got a Reference Number now up to 5 working days.

When I did my ITR on 13.01.2020 then I did not get any reference number. I have resbubmitted Income Tax Return today again and They have send me a reference number this time as well....

Lets see if I will get now my SoL

What did you do to resubmit ITR. It wouldn't let me resubmit it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Jaro Lew

I clicked Amend and resubmitted it again. Got at the end a reference number

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jusvi2001

Jaro Lew wrote: »
    I clicked Amend and resubmitted it again. Got at the end a reference number

Lucky you. It's stopping me from amending and getting a message that i can't amend as SOL in process😢

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

Anyone know how soon payment is made after the SOL is issued, I got my SOL on Saturday, after submitting it on the 3rd Jan but no sign of funds in the bank yet.

sinkadinka wrote: »
    Anyone know how soon payment is made after the SOL is issued, I got my SOL on Saturday, after submitting it on the 3rd Jan but no sign of funds in the bank yet.

2-5 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

No sign of my statement this morning so wasn’t included in the overnight run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

sinkadinka wrote: »

mine arrived within 3 days to my back account

Just logged in - Nothing fo rme, but I was told Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

I redid it this morning and got a confirmation email and code which I hadn't got before so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mamajo2019

Has any1 who received SOL friday/sat got funds yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

Submitted on the 1st, still nothing so phoned them today. Lovely girl I spoke to could see overpayment of €702 due to me but their system needs to catch up she said. The result was dated 24.01 but I might not have the SoL for a few days after which it will take 3-5 days for refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭hope80

Finally got my SOL after submitting on the 2nd, seems no system at all on how they are processing

I called to see if they could tell me if we were due anything and we are due a nice refund. Still no idea of when but at least I know now

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I called to see if they could tell me if we were due anything and we are due a nice refund. Still no idea of when but at least I know now

They told you the amount you were due did they? He wouldn't tell me yesterday he was really unhelpful

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

michellie wrote: »
    They told you the amount you were due did they? He wouldn't tell me yesterday he was really unhelpful

They told me on the phone this morning too!

michellie wrote: »

They wouldn't tell me either, they said they couldn't tell me as mine hasn't been processed, the supervisor also said the same... i don't understand how some people can be told and some can't

• Advertisement

I was on the phone agan to them to see if I could find out my outcome whethere it is underpayment or overpayment, i was told no.. mine has not been processed, i asked when will it be processed, i was told I don't know. I asked do the run batches during the day she said no, it is only at night so there is no point in checking during the day. She also said that Revenue should have prevented people from submitting their returns before the 15th January.. So it means that people who submitted theirs afer the 15th will be processed immediatley. There should be acountability for this f**k up

• Registered Users Posts: 31 socute14

Has anyone received their money into account yet that got their SOL's Friday/Saturday. Waiting here patiently could really do with it.

socute14 wrote: »
    Has anyone received their money into account yet that got their SOL's Friday/Saturday. Waiting here patiently could really do with it.

Apparently this takes 3-5 working days so i would expect you wil lhave it tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 socute14

Thanks very much for reply, god it's awful waiting. Waited long enough, I feel like i'm cross eyed from all the screen time the past week checking.

socute14 wrote: »
    Thanks very much for reply, god it's awful waiting. Waited long enough, I feel like i'm cross eyed from all the screen time the past week checking.

At least you are a step further than me, i don't even know if I have a underpayment or overpayment...

• Advertisement
Advertisement