Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statement of Liability 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 socute14

Just off the phone to them now, as wanted to know really as i'm pretty smashed. They said that on their system it shows i'll be paid on the 29th. Bit strange really I thought after SOL was released it would be automatic payment. Ah well...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

thesphinx wrote: »
    I was on the phone agan to them to see if I could find out my outcome whethere it is underpayment or overpayment, i was told no.. mine has not been processed, i asked when will it be processed, i was told I don't know. I asked do the run batches during the day she said no, it is only at night so there is no point in checking during the day. She also said that Revenue should have prevented people from submitting their returns before the 15th January.. So it means that people who submitted theirs afer the 15th will be processed immediatley. There should be acountability for this f**k up

Revenue cannot release your SOL until your employer confirms your pay and tax details (I know over 20% employers have not done this yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesphinx

Revenue cannot release your SOL until your employer confirms your pay and tax details (I know over 20% employers have not done this yet)

My employer has confirmed my pay and tax details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

socute14 wrote: »
    Just off the phone to them now, as wanted to know really as i'm pretty smashed. They said that on their system it shows i'll be paid on the 29th. Bit strange really I thought after SOL was released it would be automatic payment. Ah well...

It would be very unlikely that anywhere could instantly put funds into your account. 2-5 working days is fairly standard

michellie wrote: »
    It would be very unlikely that anywhere could instantly put funds into your account. 2-5 working days is fairly standard

I didn't mean it like that. I meant when your statement is through I would have thought the rest was automatic, not a specific date set on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

It is automatic, but the procedures take time. If you were told it's to be repaid on the 29th, then that would mean that the payment is being transferred from Revenue's bank to yours on that date - there is no further 'human intervention' - it's just 'in the system'!

It is automatic, but the procedures take time. If you were told it's to be repaid on the 29th, then that would mean that the payment is being transferred from Revenue's bank to yours on that date - there is no further 'human intervention' - it's just 'in the system'!

Thanks Gerbil, at least it will stop me from checking so. I could just do with it yesterday lol

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I'd love to know what the actual issue is. Surely if they can tell people how much they are due back or owe then the work has been done it's just a matter of the statement issuing.

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I'd love to know what the actual issue is. Surely if they can tell people how much they are due back or owe then the work has been done it's just a matter of the statement issuing.

Some people has been told others hasn't, I have been speaking to 3 different people in Revenue and they all informed me that they are unable to tell me whether I have an underpayment or overpayent as mine is not processed... Hopefully tonght the batch that I am in will be prcoessed.

Yeah I was told today I overpaid but they can't say when I will actually see it. I submitted on the 14th so hoping it shows up overnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

People can check themselves whether they overpaid or not. So perhaps some in revenue’s customer service section check that data and are happy to say yes/no without it being seen by the processing team

Others will want the processing team to look first

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mamajo2019

We have been told the same, does this mean it will be in bank acc 2moro or only transferred 2moro?

Mamajo2019 wrote: »
    We have been told the same, does this mean it will be in bank acc 2moro or only transferred 2moro?

2-5 working days from when you got your statement of liability :)

Did anyone get their SOL today? I don't recall seeing anyone say they did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

No, on the phone to revenue just before 4pm and they said they have my return that I filed on the 2nd but it hasn't been processed at all. They said it should be processed on Wednesday or Thursday this week :rolleyes: I'll beleive it when I see it. Last year I was "randomly" selected for a check and after a few weeks of communication it turned out they owed me more. Lets hope it's quick and painless this year!

2-5 working days from when you got your statement of liability :)

We were told payment date for refund is 29th so hoping that means will be Acc 2moro

tonkpills wrote: »
    No, on the phone to revenue just before 4pm and they said they have my return that I filed on the 2nd but it hasn't been processed at all. They said it should be processed on Wednesday or Thursday this week :rolleyes: I'll beleive it when I see it. Last year I was "randomly" selected for a check and after a few weeks of communication it turned out they owed me more. Lets hope it's quick and painless this year!

I was told Wednesday on Monday, but I am unsure if that means the process will run tonight and will have the SOL tomorrow or the process will run tomorrow and will have it Thursday. You would think if they looked up your PPS Number they should be able to determin when your record will be prcessed. It sounds like a poor system if they can't at leat determine what records will be prcessed and when.

Haven't seen anyone mention anything today

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Submitted mine on the 2nd January, received the email on the 9th January saying they expect the Statement of Liability would be available on the 17th. Nothing yet. My P60 is not usually available until mid/late February anyway so this delay is nothing new to me, my employers are notoriously slow!

Slightly related, but does anyone have any experience with getting audited and having your receipts uploaded? I'm leaving the country next week for several months and I've uploaded my medical receipts for the first time as I wont be around to hand them over/post them physically if required.

• Advertisement

Jade182 wrote: »
    Submitted mine on the 2nd January, received the email on the 9th January saying they expect the Statement of Liability would be available on the 17th. Nothing yet. My P60 is not usually available until mid/late February anyway so this delay is nothing new to me, my employers are notoriously slow!

Slightly related, but does anyone have any experience with getting audited and having your receipts uploaded? I'm leaving the country next week for several months and I've uploaded my medical receipts for the first time as I wont be around to hand them over/post them physically if required.

Yea I uploaded all mine on the 18th when I submitted my health stuff( I submitted for my SOL on the 10th, so I have a feeling this is what's holding up mine)

Within 2 days of submitting my health expenses I got a message through my enquiries asking for the receipts. She posted her phone number on the message so I rang her and told her I had uploaded them already. She couldn't see them apparently. But rang me that evening saying she had them and went through all the charges with me.

I assumed that would be it and I would have notification the next day of what I was owed but I haven't heard squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Yea I uploaded all mine on the 18th when I submitted my health stuff( I submitted for my SOL on the 10th, so I have a feeling this is what's holding up mine)

Within 2 days of submitting my health expenses I got a message through my enquiries asking for the receipts. She posted her phone number on the message so I rang her and told her I had uploaded them already. She couldn't see them apparently. But rang me that evening saying she had them and went through all the charges with me.

I assumed that would be it and I would have notification the next day of what I was owed but I haven't heard squat.

It seems a bit backwards that there is any requirement for phone calls at all when you upload them to the website and you signed the declaration when you first submitted the claim. Surely all of the tools and information they require to process it is right in front of them on their screens? Phoning you and going through it all seems like unneccesary extra steps.

How much of a pain was it uploading all the individual receipts also? :p After all that and they weren't able to see them at first!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

Has anyone received their money into account yet that got their SOL's Friday/Saturday. Waiting here patiently could really do with it.

I’m in the same boat. An overpayment of €999.42! I went a bit mad at the weekend on the strength of it 😠I’m presuming once I’ve been told there is an overpayment that’s it done and dusted and I just wait for funds to hit my account. It was Sunday morning I checked but I got SOL on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Rainbowdash1

Since last Thursday my statement of liability is "available". But when I click to view it says that they are processing my recent request. Is it once it's actually available that I should actually get a refund?

Since last Thursday my statement of liability is "available". But when I click to view it says that they are processing my recent request. Is it once it's actually available that I should actually get a refund?

No. Most people's are showing as available but still processing. Won't get anything until you can actually see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

Applied on 2nd Jan.

Still processing. It's nearly February. What the holy fuk fuk fuk is going on.

Does anyone know do DSP repayments get contained in same tax year or continue on? I had a spell on JB after finishing a job. I would be asked to pay back 20%. That was 2019 - will that be asked in 2020 until repaid or what? I'm due a refund from previous job and one may cancel the other. Although, looking at my tax in my current job, it appears they haven't touched my credits or Standard Rate Cut-off Point - yet.

• Advertisement

Does that mean it's in Acc. On 29th? Was told the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

Mamajo2019 wrote: »
    Does that mean it's in Acc. On 29th? Was told the same

Paid on 29th = we will transfer your money on the 29th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I got my SOL on Saturday, Payment just landed in bank this second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I got my SOL on Saturday, Payment just landed in bank this second.

Same here. Submitted last Tuesday and money in a/c just now.

Bojill wrote: »
    Paid on 29th = we will transfer your money on the 29th.

Was hoping it be tru on 29th :( could be thurs or Friday again it lands in acc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

Statement finally available today. Nice refund coming my way! Happy days! Hope everyone else here gets a resolution soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I had my hopes up that it would be there this morning but nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

Nothing for me either, applied on the 5th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Also got mine today alone with the ones for 2018-2016 at the same time (those were submitted 4 days ago). I must put my health expenses through more often, a great refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lmcwh

Completed med 1 request on Thursday last, SOL was online on Saturday (no email) and money was in account today.

I hope those who applied earlier get theirs asap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

Submitted the 2nd still nothing a well might stop annoying myself and not check again for a few days

I just got my SOL for the health expenses I submitted for 16,17 & 18. Still nothing for 2019

Still nothing for me,... They will get another phone call from me at 9:30 as this is getting beyond rediculous, I was told Wednesday by a Supervisor in the Complaints department.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jusvi2001

Finally got my SOL today morning. delighted as there is a bit of refund too. :-)

hope folks who are still waiting for their SOL will get it soon.wish all of you get a refund too.

natc wrote:
    Statement finally available today. Nice refund coming my way! Happy days! Hope everyone else here gets a resolution soon

When did you submit?

• Advertisement

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Finally got my SOL today morning. delighted as there is a bit of refund too. :-)

hope folks who are still waiting for their SOL will get it soon.wish all of you get a refund too.

Thanks - when did you sibmit?

thesphinx wrote:
    Still nothing for me,... They will get another phone call from me at 9:30 as this is getting beyond rediculous, I was told Wednesday by a Supervisor in the Complaints department.

Let us know how you get on. I rang yesterday and was basically told to just keep checking. Seems to be no consistency in the responses people are getting and no order as to how they are processed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Submitted Jan 26 and completed today..

If you forgot to include an expense, can you submit a another income tax return?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

walshb wrote: »

If you forgot to include an expense, can you submit a another income tax return?

You might have to do that over the phone. If I recall correctly if you back and try to claim it online it states something like ' you've already claimed this expense'.

Let us know how you get on. I rang yesterday and was basically told to just keep checking. Seems to be no consistency in the responses people are getting and no order as to how they are processed

Will do, It is strange that people who submitted in the last couple of days are recieving theres,, I had asked can i re submit I was told no.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jusvi2001

thesphinx wrote: »
    Thanks - when did you sibmit?

submitted on 5th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 085shannon

Finally got my SOL this morning submitted on the 2nd of January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

walshb wrote: »

Be careful about doing that.

Sometime they might look a bit deeper into what you have returned.

Looks like they're starting to process so, hopefully they will start coming through throughout today. I will be checking all day long.

It does seem like nothing was processed yesterday though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

When did you submit?

I submitted mine on the 1st

I also received an email notification at 9am this morning to check my documents.

Advertisement