Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pressure/uncomfortable on my scrotum help

Options
  • 17-01-2020 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi

I have been cycling for like 6 years and never had any pain/pressure/uncomfortable on my scrotum when cycling, until the last few Mt’s, then sometimes I feel like someone has flicked me in the scrotum after the cycle. I got checked out by a doctor and there is no problem, he said for the feeling someone has flicked me in the scrotum is where I have pulled a muscle.
    I thought it might have been my bib shorts been so old having no cushion there, so I got a new pair and I still get the pressure/uncomfortable on my scrotum. So the next thing I can think of is it must be the saddle, the only thing I have the same saddle the last 2 years and the pressure/uncomfortable on my scrotum has only started the last few Mt’s.

What I am trying to ask (in a long ass way) is has this happened to anyone and if so how did they solve it and if buy getting a new saddle which do you think I should get.

Oh I have the Fizik's Antares R5 Kium Road Saddle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

If you've changed the bibs to no effect, I'd imagine the saddle is the likely culprit - maybe the padding is getting compressed or something. Less than 2 years doesn't sound great though especially with a fairly premium saddle like that. Maybe try something with a cut out, and check your sit bone width to make sure the saddle you have is the right width. Though before doing any of that, maybe give some thought as to whether the nose is too high - I had a fit a few months ago and the recommendation was for a forward tilt (nose lower) of 1 degree which I've found very comfy since.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭learn

Advertisement