Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin traffic - where do ye get your updates??

Options
  • 17-01-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. 2 hours to get in this morning due to Port Tunnel metering (or something). However, just found that out later ! There was no updates on AA Roadwatch. Who do ye rely on for updates?? Would be handy to know then I could consider train....cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Strange nothing on AA Newsroom, usually first place I check.

Twitter updates here:
    https://twitter.com/LiveDrive

And Dublin Bus website also for scheduled diversions.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Live drive on Dublin city fm is vital for rush hour commuting, 3 hours of music and traffic updates between every song. 7 to 10am and 4 to 7pm. They also have a Twitter feed as mentioned above.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Google maps recommended routes can also be useful when looking to avoid traffic delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Thanks a mill Folks. Twitter usually great but nothing this morning...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Dublin City FM always good for traffic info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Banzai600

Caranica wrote: »
    Live drive on Dublin city fm is vital for rush hour commuting, 3 hours of music and traffic updates between every song. 7 to 10am and 4 to 7pm. They also have a Twitter feed as mentioned above.

Live Drive as above, 103.2

the ppl on this how are great, and not being paid enough im sure. V V informative.

invaluable service to a grid licked city with a stoneage transportation system and network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

LiveDrive is the biz on 103.2fm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Before I leave work, it's usually a check on Google maps / traffic, then AAroadwatch website. Make my route then have livedrive in the way.
    Plays great music so better than most stations!
    It's often helped me avoid recent accidents or snarl ups.

for anyone who doesnt know, if you go to options on google maps, there is a selection for google drive , turn on your location

its like google maps but much much better. you can add it to your homes creen shortvut, its better than maps, dont know why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

google maps always find the least congested route and updates as u go along in case u need to reroute to a quicker than originally planned route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

google maps always find the least congested route and updates as u go along in case u need to reroute to a quicker than originally planned route

If only! I use it every day to judge traffic but sometimes I use my gut or hear something on livedrive and divert and suddenly the arrival time drops. It frequently does not suggest the quickest route

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Twitter: AA, Dublin Fire Brigade & M50. Fire Brigade are usually quick off the mark when the tunnels involved so you know it,s going to be bad around the city

• Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭Macy0161

LiveDrive in the mornings. Isn't accurate for me in the evenings - I think Hugh assumes if he's heard nothing from listeners it's clear for places he can't see on the camera. Anyway, this makes it worthless on my route options.

AA lmfao great for updates if you live in a time warp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Caranica wrote: »
    If only! I use it every day to judge traffic but sometimes I use my gut or hear something on livedrive and divert and suddenly the arrival time drops. It frequently does not suggest the quickest route

fair enough, I find it generally to be pretty good but then again I only have around an 8 km drive from D8 to D4 so the difference in heavy to light traffic doesn't usually have a huge impact on total drive time. I think maps is a great app to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaryMD

Definitely twitter would be the best option, use it all the time for traffic as it'll give updates of crashes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I find the AA roadwatches updates on Newstalk in the morning invaluable. Otherwise I wouldn't know about the delays from St. Johns west to the north quays or from the 5 lamps through to Amiens street or heading east along the canal from Harold cross bridge or inbound from Whitehall church etc etc

Advertisement