Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you like to lose their seat?

Options
  • 17-01-2020 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

Ok what are the top 5 you would like to lose their seat and there is a possibility of it happening.
    There is no hope of the HR's losing or lowry so no point in puting them in .

I would put
    Regina Doherty
    Zapone
    Ross
    Harris

Who would you like to lose their seat excluding those who will definitelly be elected 159 votes

E Murphy
    38% 61 votes
    S Ross
    5% 8 votes
    C Zapone
    6% 11 votes
    R Doherty
    3% 5 votes
    C Flanagan
    0% 1 vote
    P Murphy
    0% 1 vote
    R Boyd Barrett
    2% 4 votes
    S Harris
    4% 7 votes
    J Madigan
    3% 6 votes
    S Donnelly
    1% 3 votes
    M Mitchel O Connor
    5% 8 votes
    R Coppinger
    1% 3 votes
    D Healy Rae
    2% 4 votes
    Alan Farrell
    6% 11 votes
    Maria Baily
    3% 5 votes
    Gino kelly
    3% 5 votes
    Timmy Dooley
    0% 0 votes
    Catherine Byrne
    1% 2 votes
    Michael Fitzmaurice
    0% 1 vote
    Noel Grealish
    1% 2 votes
    Alan Kelly
    3% 5 votes
    Colm Brophy
    2% 4 votes
    Peadar TóibÃ*n
    0% 1 vote
    Others
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭neris

Zappone - as someone operating a childcare business this one woman f*** up should be booted so far away from any future political involvement that she can never have any influence ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭lozenges

Coppinger and Boyd Barrett
    Eoghan Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

neris wrote: »
    Zappone - as someone operating a childcare business this one woman f*** up should be booted so far away from any future political involvement that she can never have any influence ever again

As a parent with 1 child in childcare and another on the way i couldn't agree more, she is an absolute waste of space and her literal only tangible achievement in government, the ecce scheme, is a piece of rotting hot garbage that comes nowhere near to helping parents in any real way with the insane costs of childcare and from what ive heard from childcare workers is it basically negates any benefit due to the cost of the work hours required to maintain the paperwork and bureaucracy of it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭neris

VinLieger wrote: »
    As a parent with 1 child in childcare and another on the way i couldn't agree more, she is an absolute waste of space and her literal only tangible achievement in government, the ecce scheme, is a piece of rotting hot garbage that comes nowhere near to helping parents in any real way with the insane costs of childcare

Think James Reilly brought in the ECCE scheme and she brought in the disaster that is the CCSP scheme and now the NCS scheme. FRom our point of view she lumped excessive administrative work onto the creches & pre schools but I do think the reductions that parents get in payments through the scheme are an insult. If your paying over €1000 a month for creche fees €80 a month reduction is a spit in the eye

Harris
    Flanagan

My two cents means nothing though. Their loyal base could return them comfortably. Parish pump politics thriving like a weed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭blackro12345

I'd love smug Stephen Donnelly to lose in my constituency. Turn coat, technocrat, egg headed and arrogant.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mayopanda84

Paul Murphy
    Shane Ross
    Boyd Barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 69,052 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Quite a few of those I'd be quite happy to see on their arse aren't even running again

Ross. More so than anyone else, and this could actually happen too.

Any of the gombeens - Mattie, both Healey Raes, Lowry in particular - but I'm aware this isn't going to happen!

Paul Murphy - also a decent chance this could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mayopanda84

yeah i think a few of them know there game is up and arent wasting time running this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Shane Ross. A truly unlikeable individual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

The whole lot of them

I wouldn't wish to crash our dearly beloved Boards.

As a lefty, I'd love to see Paul Murphy given the heave-ho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

An easier question to ask would be : 'who would you like to retain their seat'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Breakerz

Charlie Flanagan
    Leo
    Eoghan Murphy
    Ross
    Harris
    Madigan
    Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Zappone
    Mary Mitchel O’Connor
    Simon Harris
    Eoghan Murphy
    Regina Doherty

All are a waste of space, but my top 5 anyways. Unfortunately I can only see Zappone losing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Shane Ross
    Simon Harris
    Eoghan Murphy
    Paul Murphy
    Miss Piggy

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭cal naughton

Charlie Flanagan
    Simon Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

neris wrote: »
    Think James Reilly brought in the ECCE scheme and she brought in the disaster that is the CCSP scheme and now the NCS scheme. FRom our point of view she lumped excessive administrative work onto the creches & pre schools but I do think the reductions that parents get in payments through the scheme are an insult. If your paying over €1000 a month for creche fees €80 a month reduction is a spit in the eye

It always is a cause of wonder for me that people think a minority coalition partner or independent can demand whatever they want and get it. It's not realistic that one independent would transform Child Support nor do you suggest how she convinces the majority coalition partner Fine Gael to significantly raise middle class taxes to pay for this.

As an aside one persons excessive administrative work is another persons scandal of "why didn't they check that".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ruth Coppinger
    Paul Murphy
    RBB
    Bride Smith
    Shane Ross
    Any of the Healy Rae's.
    Willie o'Dea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Pretty much all of the Independents and the far left and I'd like to see Labour or the Greens pick up those seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Harris

I'd hate to see Amadan O'Riordan regain his seat as well

Hopefully he fails

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Every leader of a political party. Try claiming a manifesto, when you arent even invited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Willie O' Dea. Pompous little p***k with a severe case of short man syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Coppinger and Paul Murphy.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Paul Murphy
    Shane Ross
    Boyd Barrett

Nail on Head

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Zappone - with her poor children from Calais
    Mary Mitchel O’Connor - shove her imaginary her pay gap and jobs for the girls only where the sun don't shine
    Stephen Donnelly - being disingeniuous fecker who couldn't wait to join ff
    Coveney - fook off and get a job with the missus's uncle and make it official
    O'Dea - one of berties shysters
    Martin - another of berties boys with "money just resting in my account"
    Ross - just enforce existing laws and stop dreaming up new unnecessary ones
    Ferris - garda murdering apologist
    Danny Healy Rae - read a scientific journal and stop embarrassing all Kerry people, Ferris and your brother are enough.
    Eamon Ryan - any fooker that thinks wolves are a runner deserves to be chased out of office by one
    Copppinger and the rest of the leftie ar** like Murphy and Boyd Barrett.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'd like to see all of Soddliariteee/AAA/Whatever yer having yerself out on their arses, at least PBP are good for comedy value but that shower are the most miserable bastards who ever held a megahone

Obviously all of Labour, goes without saying. Shower of ****e

Like to see Mary Lou lose her seat but with O'Sullivan cashing in the pension shes safe

That bollix Ross.

Regina Doherty.

Actually can the whole lot of them lose?

Mary Mitchell O'Connor. I'm not discriminating on the basis of her gender, but a shallow intellect.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Simon Harris
    Eoghan Murphy
    Shane Ross

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Varadkar, Flanagan, Martin, Harris, Murphy (wee Eoghan), Madigan, Ross, O'Snodaigh, Howlin.

Advertisement