Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you like to lose their seat?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Like many others have said and a good chance of it happening is Coppinger and Paul Murphy.

Louise O’Reilly
    Martin Hayden - if you ever see him speak in the Dáil you’d be throwing the telly out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

As did Kelly.

Donohue yes, he was probably on very good coin at P&G.

Alan Kelly was some kind of fluffy mid-manager level in an obscure business unit in a state agency. Not terribly renumerated probably, but nowhere near his MEP, TD or ministerial salary for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bigdig69

markad1 wrote: »
    The whole lot of them

Your only allowed 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

mgn wrote: »
    d the person i really don't want elected the most, is that smug arrogant pr*ck Aodhan O Riordain,

He's spent the last few years mobilising the upper class grey brigade against any proposed housing developments in the area in the time I've been here. Looking forward to him hopefully knocking on my door.

Is it just me or is the current batch of candidates especially unlikeable? Politicians have been disliked and lampooned by people since there have been politicians, but the current vintage seem especially bad. I can't remember disliking every party leader and pretty much every government minister this much. Pretty much all prominent independants too.

He's spent the last few years mobilising the upper class grey brigade against any proposed housing developments in the area in the time I've been here. Looking forward to him hopefully knocking on my door.

Is it just me or is the current batch of candidates especially unlikeable? Politicians have been disliked and lampooned by people since there have been politicians, but the current vintage seem especially bad. I can't remember disliking every party leader and pretty much every government minister this much. Pretty much all prominent independants too.

Very much this. There's a severe dearth of political talent coming through the ranks.

When you see complete cabbages like Mary Mitchell O'Connor or Eoghan Murphy sitting in cabinet you have to scratch your head and wonder what the hell is going on?

Ireland has world class people in science, the arts, business etc. And then you take a look at Leinster House and see a confederacy of dunces across all the benches.

• Advertisement

I'd hate to see Aodhán ó Ríordáin Get a seat.

I forgot Aodhán, that guy gives me the creeps. He'd have legislation making men sit down to pee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

The old adage of politicians reflect their people still holds true. Irish people in general have become more unlikable over the last decade, especially the last 5yrs. There's a what's in it for me attitude to everything. Social media has left people out of touch with people in general and with reality. They spend hours posting crap looking for likes and our politicians are the same. Just look at Varadkar. When have you ever seen a politician looking for approval for their socks. That's what we've come to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭riddles

The boxer Moran

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

From my own area, all 3 incumbents can get lost

Scanlon
    McSharry
    Kenny

McLoughlin would be there too only he retired, and that fella was the worst of them all, beyond useless. Never have there been four more useless representatives from an area. Most of you probably haven't even heard of the three buckos. I hope to God all three lose their seats as we need different representation here, better representation.

Nationally you've probably named most of them

I'd love Martin, McGrath and O'Dea to lose their seats and finally pay the piper for 07 but there's more chance of me sprouting wings and flying to China :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Leo Varadkar
    Simon Harris
    Eoghan Murphy
    Mary Lou McDonald

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Aodhan O Riordain is strongly in favour of supervised injection centres

Maybe he’s right, maybe he’s wrong, we could have a whole thread about this subject.

He blasted a DCC councilor who was against the proposed centre on a radio show debate

When asked would he welcome the centre in his own area of Clontarf the response was um, em.....no

Good enough for Dublin 8 though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

road_high wrote: »
    I can’t stand sf but yes Martin Kenny seems like a decent skin. He gets a large personal non SF vote

Does he not represent Sinn Fein?

A decent skin you say, but how thick would that skin be? Would he defend the actions of the PIRA?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Does he not represent Sinn Fein?

A decent skin you say, but how thick would that skin be? Would he defend the actions of the PIRA?

You're beating a very worn out drum.

No McMurphy, Never worn out ...

Never for all those who needlessly died in our name during the Troubles North & South (courtesy of violent Republicanism), a violence always defended by Sinn Fein.

Never worn out, never for all those who needlessly died in our name (courtesy of violent Republicanism), a violence always defended by Sinn Fein.

I've news for you, people are mostly aware of who Sinn Fein are and what they represent - both today and in the past. Its supporters will vote for them regardless.

Yes it is worn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Eoin o Broin
    Regina Doherty
    Willie o dea
    Ruth coppinger

McMurphy wrote: »
    I've news for you, people are mostly aware of who Sinn Fein are and what they represent - both today and in the past. Its supporters will vote for them regardless.

Yes it is worn out.

Do the younger folk really know about their past,
    ... because if so, why would they vote for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Do the younger folk really know about their past?

I don't vote SF because Marxism would ruin the country

Our fellow Irish men and women in Northern Ireland needed defending however, the southern state abandoned them effectively

Do the younger folk really know about their past?

Define young.

I know of their past (I'm an 80s child)

I know of their past, I also know of Labours, FG and FFs past.

Meanwhile you keep beating a drum about the RA like you just became aware of it the day before yesterday.

Worn out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Define young.

Meanwhile you keep beating a drum about the RA like you just became aware of it the day before yesterday.

Worn out.

Ah jaysus please don't feed it.

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus please don't feed it.

Yeah. Just realised what I was engaging with.

Dam.

Define young.

Worn out.

I'm a 60s child, and I just wonder about how the past SF/IRA misdemeanors can be quietly be side stepped on the doorsteps, in exchange for nice fluffy discussions in gay rights & climate change!

That's what I meant about skin deep, scratch a just a little bit, and you might very well get a candidate who does/did support the Armed Struggle, so maybe the young folk don't care anymore?

Old drum or not, I won't let it go that's why I will never forget or forgive them.

PS; Don't worry about feeding me anymore McMurphy, I'm now finished with this thread.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Another lad who seems like a bit of a fool is Noel Rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The Healy Raes
    Michael Lowry
    Gino Kenny
    Ruth Coppinger
    Richard Boyd Barrett
    Paul Murphy
    Mary Mitchell O Connor
    Brid Smith
    All the Shinners

No thanks Michelle Mulherin and Aodhan O Riordain

Sincerest apologies to anybody I've mistakenly left out:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

Shane Ross
    Alan Kelly
    Eoghan Murphy
    Regina Doherty
    Charlie Flanagan

If I could only pick one of the above it would definitely be Ross by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

oh i forgot MMOC, cretinous arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Mary Lou McDonald - I can't stand the moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mary Lou McDonald - I can't stand the moaning.

Let her run the country and she'll moan that it's previous governments fault that she can't do everything she said she would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Let her run the country and she'll moan that it's previous governments fault that she can't do everything she said she would.

I cant stand her but to be fair, they all do that. Endas first govt got 4 years out of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Charlie Flanagan
    Aonghus O'Snodaigh
    The Gombeens
    Zappone

Advertisement