Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you like to lose their seat?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Paul Kehoe TD. Our junior minister for Defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I am shocked how many people don't have Alan Farrell on their list. What is wrong with you?

No one knows who he is as he’s such a non entity

Remind me wrote: »
    Like many others have said and a good chance of it happening is Coppinger and Paul Murphy.

Louise O’Reilly
    Martin Hayden - if you ever see him speak in the Dáil you’d be throwing the telly out the window.

Heydon sounds very scripted or something with little grasp of what he’s talking about outside of GAA which he loves

Does he not represent Sinn Fein?

A decent skin you say, but how thick would that skin be? Would he defend the actions of the PIRA?

I don’t know I don’t really think about him in that depth! I just know people in his constituency that are FG people but have good things to say about him. I hate Sinn Fein but not everyone in the party is the devil incarnate sometimes you have to take an individual candidate on their merits

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Coppinger
    Boyd Barrett
    Zappone
    Ross
    O'Dea
    Cowen
    MMOC
    Bailey
    E. Ryan
    O'Broin
    O'Cuiv
    Donnelly
    Ferris
    Healt Rae x 2
    Lowry

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    I forgot Aodhán, that guy gives me the creeps. He'd have legislation making men sit down to pee.

If they ever put “pain in the arse” in the Oxford dictionary then his name should be right beside it. A pompous middle class virtue signalling twat if ever there was one. I love the Irish Language but more often than not it’s twats like him that hijack it with their fcukin names (more of the virtue signalling). N

Pronto63 wrote: »
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned Paul Kehoe TD. Our junior minister for Defence.

Another standard gombeen- they’re two a penny in the Dáil so he doesn’t have any standout features

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

2020Vision wrote:
    One ex-TD that I really, REALLY don't want to see being re-elected is Mary Hanafin.

is she running

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

lab man wrote: »
    is she running

Yep. Possibly third time in a row she won't be reelected

Remind me wrote:
    Like many others have said and a good chance of it happening is Coppinger and Paul Murphy.

did copp barely make it last time ?

• Advertisement

Necro wrote:
    McLoughlin would be there too only he retired, and that fella was the worst of them all, beyond useless. Never have there been four more useless representatives from an area. Most of you probably haven't even heard of the three buckos. I hope to God all three lose their seats as we need different representation here, better representation.

our reps in clare are the worst of all time
    moneypoint gone
    roche pharma gone
    molex and the factories supplying it gone
    all workers seem to be hired by agencies skrewing the workers .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

From my home county

Mattie McGrath

Alan Kelly

And of course, Lowry

In Sligo

Marc McSharry. I often have a smoke with him outside our local on a Friday evening. A fcukin dose.

Not sitting but running.

John Perry and Marian Harkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

This thread needs to be restarted with a poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

All the ones who voted against even holding a referendum on abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭robinbird

Eoghan Murphy
    Alan Kelly

All the TDs that are landlords and are benefiting financiallyfrom the manufactured housing crisis
    Yes indeed a poll is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Eoghan Murphy, Simon Harris and Simon Coveney. A lot of people dislike Shane Ross but I think the way he handled the FAI crisis was commendable so I think he could stay.

Shane Ross is a snake between getting stepaside Garda station reopened as political stunt and the photo bombing incident

But the others are genuine politicians trying to get stuff done. In particular health is an impossible thing to fix. Housing cannot be magically fixed. And Coveney cannot be faulted in his role when it comes to brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Gemma O'Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Shane Ross is a snake between getting stepaside Garda station reopened as political stunt and the photo bombing incident

But the others are genuine politicians trying to get stuff done. In particular health is an impossible thing to fix. Housing cannot be magically fixed. And Coveney cannot be faulted in his role when it comes to brexit.

You're right, housing can't "magically" be fixed. It can be fixed by a politician implementing an actual strategy, whereby year after year the problem gets a little bit better.
    Ideally such strategy would have been implemented 5 years ago when things were escalating but werent quite at todays crisis levels.
    As opposed to what has happened, i.e. doing nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭robinbird

You're right, housing can't "magically" be fixed. It can be fixed by a politician implementing an actual strategy, whereby year after year the problem gets a little bit better.
    Ideally such strategy would have been implemented 5 years ago when things were escalating but werent quite at todays crisis levels.
    As opposed to what has happened, i.e. doing nothing at all.

Thing is though that FG have been saying that housing cannot be solved overnight for nine long years that they have been in power.
    During that time they have sold or given away massive amounts of public land and housing to vulture funds through NAMA and massively increased the amount of money that they are putting directly into landlords pockets.
    A promise to end payments to hotels by 2017 was broken and is now forgotten.
    They will only make things worst if they are allowed to continue in power

• Registered Users Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

MHR
    DHR
    Shane Ross
    Mattie McGrath
    Alan Kelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Mick Fitz and any amount of FG will do for me. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Black and Tan, Flanagan
    Regina Doherty
    Varadkar (never going to happen!)
    Colm Brophy FG yes man, cant stand him
    Noel “Tory Boy” Rock
    Brendan Howlin
    Joan burton
    Shane Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

The queen

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Young Jack Chambers strikes me as the sort of fella who labels his boxers. And owns a trouser press.

Lol, I was hoping someone had Jack Chambers on the list. He is the main Fianna Fail candidate in my constituency, looking to retain his seat and is very unconvincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Gemma O'Doherty

While I agree with your sentiment, this particular specimen does not have a seat to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭moby2101

Shane Ross, and Leo .
    FF to be back in unfortunately, hopefully Coveney to be elected as leader of FG

I made a strategic donation of €100 to a candidate just now. I hope it helps them get elected in place of the poor candidate who I don't want elected. The candidate I helped is a bit bland but not objectionable.
    I won't mention who I donated to and who I hope doesn't get elected as this forum isn't a political platform for me.
    If you have a few quid spare or time to spare and feel similarly then help to make the 33rd Dail Eireann the best one it can be by helping less objectionable candidates.
    Also vote all the way down to the last candidate on the ballot sheet and keep your vote still working on election day.
    If you are sure your preferred candidate will get over the line and be elected without your help then use your vote as a tactical vote.

And finally...vote early, vote often. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

All the greens, paul murphy ,boyd barrett and zappone. Waste of oxygen having them there

Also catherine murphy, useless, does nothing for her constituency and just is a mouthpiece for economic ideals at odds with ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Notmything

John McGuinness, cw/kk. Self centred self serving fiefdom builder. Plays the member of ff but also not really ff card. He has kilkenny in his pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Colm Brophy FG
    Absolutely useless TD and will only be remembered for dyeing his hair and telling us to leave Maria Bailey alone just before leo grew a pair and got rid of her.
    Zappone...only remembered for learning to go to work on the longest route possible to get an extra 45000 tax free since elected unlike the rest of us who don't get paid or expenses to drive to work
    Paul Murphy ...one trick pony who has earned hundreds of thousands pretending to be a man of the people

All in my constituency so at least I can help vote them out

Advertisement