Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you like to lose their seat?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

argentum wrote: »
    Colm Brophy FG
    Absolutely useless TD and will only be remembered for dyeing his hair and telling us to leave Maria Bailey alone just before leo grew a pair and got rid of her.

I'm in FG and I don't like him. He does nothing, stands for nothing, and needs to get in shape tbh.

Even though this might cost us forming a government, I hope we don't get 2 seats in Dublin Fingal. James Reily is not deserving of a seat in the Dail, and I'm bemused how he wasn't deselected after his disastrous bye-election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Homelander

Varadkar, Boyd Barrett, Ross and Paul Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Colm Brophy FG
    Absolutely useless TD and will only be remembered for dyeing his hair and telling us to leave Maria Bailey alone just before leo grew a pair and got rid of her.
    Zappone...only remembered for learning to go to work on the longest route possible to get an extra 45000 tax free since elected unlike the rest of us who don't get paid or expenses to drive to work
    Paul Murphy ...one trick pony who has earned hundreds of thousands pretending to be a man of the people

All in my constituency so at least I can help vote them out

I feel the same about the above lot of wasters . But who on earth are we going to vote for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Mary Lou, both Healy-Rae's, Pearse Doherty, Eoin O Broin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Mary Lou, both Healy-Rae's, Pearse Doherty, Eoin O Broin.

I'd like to keep Pearse Doherty just for his badgering of the insurance companies. I'm not a fan of sinn féin either but what's your gripe with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerianam

Hildergarde Naughton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Bullocks wrote: »
    I'd like to keep Pearse Doherty just for his badgering of the insurance companies. I'm not a fan of sinn féin either but what's your gripe with him?

He has a brash and annoying northie accent. Don't like the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Bullocks wrote: »

He appears to be a competent articulate TD who embarrasses FG on the regular.

*Non-party member, undecided voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

All the ones who voted against even holding a referendum on abortion.

One of my local TDs there - Frank O'Rourke. Useless waste of space, would turn up for the opening of an envelope if someone else did the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It will be interesting to see will many of those against abortion get in.
    From what I remember the the TD's support of the marriage referendum didn't have much of an impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

It will be interesting to see will many of those against abortion get in.
    From what I remember the the TD's support of the marriage referendum didn't have much of an impact.

The media hypes up the pro life/choice status of a candidate as being a make or break scenario in the ballot box, in reality its not.

Some braver FF candidates will pick up votes in rural ireland among the mass goers , youll have a bit of a shift from FG from the 40% of ireland who voted no, youll have dublin and cork constituencies where people who are pro life are berated on social media but in reality their voting base dont care too much.

All in the repeal jumper crowd will do some free advertising online pointing out who is pro life, in rural ireland a bit of a shift from FG to FF and thatll be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The media hypes up the pro life/choice status of a candidate as being a make or break scenario in the ballot box, in reality its not.

Some braver FF candidates will pick up votes in rural ireland among the mass goers , youll have a bit of a shift from FG from the 40% of ireland who voted no, youll have dublin and cork constituencies where people who are pro life are berated on social media but in reality their voting base dont care too much.

All in the repeal jumper crowd will do some free advertising online pointing out who is pro life, in rural ireland a bit of a shift from FG to FF and thatll be it.

I find unless your running around in a repeal jumper or a vote no one people don't seem to be overly pushed when it comes to election time.

I find unless your running around in a repeal jumper or a vote no one people don't seem to be overly pushed when it comes to election time.

thats it. Listening to them you'd swear that there was nothing else in politics that had any importance and no other issue has ever impacted people. I personally couldnt care less what way they voted and would even go as far as to say that despite voting yes, id vote for a hardline pro life candidate if their economic policies lined up with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Cleo, Ross, every Labour TD. I'd like to see the word 'Labour' removed from the party, they have no entitlement to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 meathgirl93

Nobody mentioned Fergus O'Dowd, is there a bigger chancer in irish politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Would love to see the following failures failing to be re-elected/elected

Micheal Martin - FF Minister for Foreign Affairs (2008-2011), FF Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment (2004-2008), FF Minister for Health (2000-2004) and FF Minister for Education (1997-2000)

Eamon Ó Cuív - FF Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government (2011), FF Minister for Defence (2011), FF Minister for Social Protection (2010-2011), FF Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs (2002-2010)

Mary Hanafin (seeking re-election after an enforced hiatus) FF Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Innovation (2011), FF Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport (2010-2011), FF Minister for Social and Family Affairs (2008-2010), FF Minister for Education and Science (2004-2008)

Wilie O’Dea - FF Minister for Defence (2004-2010) (Forced to resign)

Eamon Ryan - GP Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources (2007-2011)

All five previously sat around the Cabinet table in FF Governments so they have had their opportunity. They were part of the FF led Governments that saw this country go down the tubes and left us in the hands of the IMF. Their legacy to future generations is our 225 billion National Debt. In the event that FF/GP are in Government most/all of these will be in cabinet again, ensuring that 33% of the next Cabinet (Government) is comprised of failures from the past. They do not deserve a second chance and we most certainly do not deserve the mess they will inevitably create.

It is also interesting to note that with the exception of Martin the FF peoples Ministerial terms have been purged from the FF website - an indication of how proud they are of their prior performance.

There are a few others across all parties whose absence would enrich our lives, but I’d settle for seeing the back of these 5 failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

L1011 wrote: »
    Quite a few of those I'd be quite happy to see on their arse aren't even running again

Ross. More so than anyone else, and this could actually happen too.
    Yes Shane Ross doesn't seem to have done anything for transport during his reign. So adios shaneio. I hate Josepha Madigan too, raus raus!

It's an interesting constituency, with Ross looking like he could be in some trouble, and Madigan being squeezed by her party comrade Neale (€25 per day expense claim for using his phone abroad) Richmond, just as she squeezed Shatter.

It will be an interesting count, for sure.

Colm Brophy FG
    In fairness to Colm, he gave us years of entertainment with his appearances on Vincent Browne over the years, when no-one else would try to defend the indefensible and Vincent would tear strips off him.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Very much this. There's a severe dearth of political talent coming through the ranks.

When you see complete cabbages like Mary Mitchell O'Connor or Eoghan Murphy sitting in cabinet you have to scratch your head and wonder what the hell is going on?

Ireland has world class people in science, the arts, business etc. And then you take a look at Leinster House and see a confederacy of dunces across all the benches.

What's going on indeed? Why would anyone have a difficulty with working your ass off to climb your up the ladder through the local Council and into the Dail, only to have your voice, your fashion sense, every tweet you've ever tweeted in your life and your genuine attempts to bring in good policy met with savage attacks and ridicule on social media? Snowflakes....

We get the politicians we deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 meathgirl93

Come to think of it, would Ireland be any worse off if we had one hundred less TD's in the Dail? 166 for less than five million ppl is a scandal, plus all their wives or daughters robbing the state as well, don't tell me its in the constitution

Come to think of it, would Ireland be any worse off if we had one hundred less TD's in the Dail? 166 for less than five million ppl is a scandal, plus all their wives or daughters robbing the state as well, don't tell me its in the constitution

well we did try and remove the seanad which is the biggest talking shop in the land. that would have saved us a load of money ,

It's an interesting constituency, with Ross looking like he could be in some trouble, and Madigan being squeezed by her party comrade Neale (€25 per day expense claim for using his phone abroad) Richmond, just as she squeezed Shatter.

It will be an interesting count, for sure.

In fairness to Colm, he gave us years of entertainment with his appearances on Vincent Browne over the years, when no-one else would try to defend the indefensible and Vincent would tear strips off him.

What's going on indeed? Why would anyone have a difficulty with working your ass off to climb your up the ladder through the local Council and into the Dail, only to have your voice, your fashion sense, every tweet you've ever tweeted in your life and your genuine attempts to bring in good policy met with savage attacks and ridicule on social media? Snowflakes....

We get the politicians we deserve.
    The politicians which seem any way competent are targeted for media abuse by the activists of the left. What Varadkar does through media is an over-reaction to deflect and isn't very successful.
    Also, would you like your modest family home and young family picketed by a mob of idle loonies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 macapaca

Mary Lou
    Ross
    Eoghan Murphy
    Varadkar
    Paul Murphy
    Boyd Barrett
    Harris
    Healy Raes
    Pearse Doherty
    Alan Kelly
    Flannigan
    Lowrey
    O'Snodaigh
    Zappone

I've probably missed another 5 or 10.........frightening to think there are so many useless cnuts up there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

sligojoek wrote: »
    From my home county

Mattie McGrath

Alan Kelly

And of course, Lowry

In Sligo

Marc McSharry. I often have a smoke with him outside our local on a Friday evening. A fcukin dose.

Not sitting but running.

John Perry and Marian Harkin.

Why is he a dose? Would love to hear why!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Colm Brophy FG
    Zappone...only remembered for learning to go to work on the longest route possible to get an extra 45000 tax free since elected unlike the rest of us who don't get paid or expenses to drive to work
    Paul Murphy ...one trick pony who has earned hundreds of thousands pretending to be a man of the people

All in my constituency so at least I can help vote them out

Explain that about Zappone ?

road_high wrote: »
    Explain that about Zappone ?

intentionally takes a longer route from her house to leinster house to push her over a threshold for much higher mileage expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Flanagan
    Flanagan
    Flanagan

• Registered Users Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The politicians which seem any way competent are targeted for media abuse by the activists of the left. What Varadkar does through media is an over-reaction to deflect and isn't very successful.
    Also, would you like your modest family home and young family picketed by a mob of idle loonies?
    In fairness, the media abuse comes from all sides, extremes of right and left, young and old. Some of the most vehement that I've seen has been from the extreme-right, pro-life, anti-immigration Gemma and her like, but they don't have a monopoly on it.

It's interested to see a fair number of politicians, some relatively young, just opting out of the process. It's hard to blame them.

intentionally takes a longer route from her house to leinster house to push her over a threshold for much higher mileage expenses.
    I really hope she is getting a lot of "deserved" abuse about this while canvassing on the doorsteps of commuters in her constituency. Politicians can be targeted unfairly but her circuitous route to Dail Eireann is indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

O Snodaigh
    Michael Lowry
    Paul Murphy
    Alan Kelly
    Coppinger

Hideous lot.
    We will be just as sick of ORiordain and Matt Carthy in 5 years time unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

road_high wrote: »
    Why is he a dose? Would love to hear why!

Usually 3-6 people outside having a smoke. He wants to talk about politics, Fianna Fail, how great his father was etc. As soon as anyone else talks he talks all over them and has to be the centre of attraction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Shane Ross
    John Lahart
    Paul Murphy
    Mary Mitchell O'Connor
    Shane Ross
    Ruth Coppinger
    Eamon Ryan
    Jim O'Callaghan
    Eoghan Murphy
    Charlie Flanagan