Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you like to lose their seat?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭fire_man

Timmy Dooley.What has he done for county Clare.More interested attending funerals than being up in the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

All of the above, and then some more for good measure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Peregrine wrote: »
    Shane Ross
    John Lahart
    Paul Murphy
    Mary Mitchell O'Connor
    Shane Ross
    Ruth Coppinger
    Eamon Ryan
    Jim O'Callaghan
    Eoghan Murphy
    Charlie Flanagan
    Dessie Ellis
    Michael Lowry
    Alan Kelly
    Richard Boyd Barrett
    Shane Ross
    Aengus Ó Snodaigh
    Stephen Donnelly
    Noel Grealish
    Michael Healy-Rae
    Danny Healy-Rae
    Peadar Tóibín
    Shane Ross
    Shane Ross

No real FF on your list.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Hibernicis wrote: »
    No real FF on your list.

No FG, SF, Lab, Sol/PBP or Independent at all on yours. What's your point?

Plenty of incompetent and/or downright nasty fúcks to choose from but if I could only pick 5:

Noel Grealish
    Peadar Toibín
    Mattie McGrath
    Danny Healy Rae
    Timmy Dooley

First three are simply horrible people. Healy Rae's denial of science is downright dangerous.
    And Dooley has made too many stupid and ill-judged remarks to be taken seriously anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/struggling-tds-and-seats-in-danger-snapshot-of-where-fine-gael-are-sliding-nationwide-38875635.html

The picture of Eoghan Murphy as the headline tag image isn't going to do much to halt that slide... I'm not sure too many people would miss Eoghan Murphy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

emo72 wrote: »
    This thread needs to be restarted with a poll.

very hard to put a poll due to the sheer numbers of wasters up in the dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not so much for policy but sheer "would love to see the look on their faces" schadenfreude:

Mary Lou
    RBB
    Paul Murphy

Love to see the deflated look in Murphys face when he has to start rocking up to his usual anti-whatever rallies not as "Paul Murphy T.D. man of the people, guardian of hope, fighting the bourgeois on the front lines in the Dáil" but instead "Paul Murphy, angry man yelling from street corner"

• Registered Users Posts: 69,052 ✭✭✭✭L1011

emo72 wrote: »
    This thread needs to be restarted with a poll.

I'd say that all ~140 TDs that are running again have been named at least once and the forum engine can't do a poll that big!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Harris
    Zappone
    Rich Boy Barrett
    Coppinger.

I'd add Brid Smith and Gino Kenny to the list too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Plenty of incompetent and/or downright nasty fúcks to choose from but if I could only pick 5:

Noel Grealish
    Peadar Toibín
    Mattie McGrath
    Danny Healy Rae
    Timmy Dooley

First three are simply horrible people. Healy Rae's denial of science is downright dangerous.
    And Dooley has made too many stupid and ill-judged remarks to be taken seriously anymore.

I’m not a Shinner by any means nor am I on Tobin’s side in any argument but I did admire him for sticking to his principles and leaving SF because of them. Not many do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

I’m not a Shinner by any means nor am I on Tobin’s side in any argument but I did admire him for sticking to his principles and leaving SF because of them. Not many do that.

Was he not more pushed for voting against?

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Remind me wrote: »
    Was he not more pushed for voting against?

I thought he resigned. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Is Enda Kenny's daughter running for his seat in Mayo as I'm assuming he's stepping down at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This Tayto!

I felt the same about Lucinda at the time, wouldn't have much time for her politics, but despite having a very good position in govt, she gave it all up because she stood by her principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Noel Grealish
    Peadar Toibín
    Mattie McGrath
    Danny Healy Rae
    Timmy Dooley

I don't know P Toibin very well, but from what I've heard him say, how is he "nasty" or "horrible"?

Also, the mere fact that these people are elected means that many thousands of people think that they are not nasty or horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

In Waterford, I'd love to see anti-choice candidate FF's Mary Butler given a huge two fingered salute. An embarrassment of a candidate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Is Enda Kenny's daughter running for his seat in Mayo as I'm assuming he's stepping down at this point?

Alan Dillon (ex Mayo GAA player). I think with Fine Gaels recent sham announcement of a completely unnecessary €241m euro dual carraige between Castlebar and Westport it looks like they are targeting 3 seats down there.

A local contractor has also got the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

intentionally takes a longer route from her house to leinster house to push her over a threshold for much higher mileage expenses.

That’s outrageous. The same hypocrite would be on her high horse about climate change whenever given the oxygen to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

road_high wrote: »
    That’s outrageous. The same hypocrite would be on her high horse about climate change whenever given the oxygen to do so.

I am in no way a government supporter but was this ever proved as fact? I remember a piece about it a few years ago but where was the evidence she had over claimed?

The whole expenses issue needs to be addressed going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Harris, Eoghan Murphy, Varadker and Madigan. Have we every had such an incompetent and unsuitable front bench in the history of the state? The first 3 don't have a bean of proper work experience between them and they have the most important roles. Mulherin and R Doherty also.

Coveney, Paschal Donoghue and Helen McEntee should be front and centre of FG for this election. 3 steady hands.

Paul Murphy, Ó'Snodaigh, Alan Kelly, L Chambers and M Martin can also **** right off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Alan Dillon (ex Mayo GAA player). I think with Fine Gaels recent sham announcement of a completely unnecessary €241m euro dual carraige between Castlebar and Westport it looks like they are targeting 3 seats down there.

A local contractor has also got the contract.

Michelle Mulherin is running again. It seems she didn't mmake enough on fraudulent expenses the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

ZeroThreat wrote: »

Not this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Can I vote more than once to get rid of Charlie Flanagan??? :)

Advertisement