Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal Delivery

• 17-01-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all, just called Walters fuels there to order some coal

They no longer do deliveries, citing high insurance rates,
    shame to hear

Any other good suppliers for delivery ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm using Stafford fuels for a few years .

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

BobMc wrote: »
    Afternoon all, just called Walters fuels there to order some coal

They no longer do deliveries, citing high insurance rates,
    shame to hear

Any other good suppliers for delivery ?

Thanks

Weird I just got a delivery today from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

got insurance sorted perhaps ???

BobMc wrote: »
    got insurance sorted perhaps ???

Hopefully cos it's so handy and they're so fast to deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Coal delivery from Ger Walters definitely gone.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Coal delivery from Ger Walters definitely gone.

Seriously I got a delivery today. Ordered today delivered 2 hours later. Walters in Watch House cross. I was thinking because of the posts here maybe they'll only deliver a certain quantity but she took my address before asking me for the order so can't be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

GCIREL wrote: »
    Seriously I got a delivery today. Ordered today delivered 2 hours later. Walters in Watch House cross. I was thinking because of the posts here maybe they'll only deliver a certain quantity but she took my address before asking me for the order so can't be that.

Thing is I asked him in person at the desk 2 Saturdays ago if he stopped and he said they are only doing commercial and gas deliveries, no coal.

Unless there was such a backlash in business they changed their approach.

Berty wrote: »
    Thing is I asked him in person at the desk 2 Saturdays ago if he stopped and he said they are only doing commercial and gas deliveries, no coal.

Unless there was such a backlash in business they changed their approach.

Maybe? Anyway definitely glad they're still doing it. You should try them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

GCIREL wrote: »

Interesting. I was there yesterday picking up coal for my sister. She was told they stopped all deliveries and the same was affirmed to me in the office :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Miike wrote: »
    Interesting. I was there yesterday picking up coal for my sister. She was told they stopped all deliveries and the same was affirmed to me in the office :eek:

Deliveries stopped is what I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Probably too much of a pain in the hole dealing with people who order a bag of coal a week and can't bankroll it on the spot and have coalman having to go back to the house multiple times to recover a profit of €5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Probably too much of a pain in the hole dealing with people who order a bag of coal a week and can't bankroll it on the spot and have coalman having to go back to the house multiple times to recover a profit of €5.

Probably cant cover the insurance for the deliveryman and/or joe public doing their back in

I feel like a liar but I swear they're delivering to me I wonder does it depend on the day? I'm getting midweek deliveries and usually get 10 bags at a time...

Advertisement