Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driveway Advice

• 17-01-2020 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some advice in relation to a rear yard at a new build which is to be surfaced.

Large square shaped yard enclosed by perimeter wall on two sides and property on other two walls - access via driveway between property and wall at one corner.

Plan is to tarmac the majority of the yard but to have part nearest the property in a contrasting surface with high grip finish along one side - which leads to a garage side access. At the door there will need to be a flat plinth for disabled access. The two areas will be separated by a brick or similar (all at same level.

The occupiers initial thoughts was to have the contrasting area finished with natural stone paving slabs. However, I don't think they have taken into that vehicles turning in the yard will be driving onto this contrast area - plus there is an up/over garage door across which they intend to bring this contracting surface. I'm not sure that slabs will be suitable in this scenario, will they?

My question is what type of surface can be used which meet the following criteria:
    1. High grip surface
    2. Withstand vehicles
    3. Choice of surface colours/finishes

Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement