Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House insurance claim - Rates

Options
  • 17-01-2020 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi all,

We had a leak under the floor from our copper pipe and this has done damage to the floors, skirting, walls, doors, kitchen etc. We have engaged a claims assessor to do our claim through the house insurance. He has asked us what would our expectation of a claim would be.

My question is what rates do the insurance company use for their assessment? Ie a m2 rate of tiling, laminate flooring, painting etc.

Just curious if anyone has any idea what this would be so we can have an idea of what we should be expecting to receive from our claim. We are currently trying to get prices to do the work.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Is this an assessor you have engaged on a percentage basis or is it a loss adjuster appointed by the insurance company?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Dats_rite wrote: »
    Hi all,

We had a leak under the floor from our copper pipe and this has done damage to the floors, skirting, walls, doors, kitchen etc. We have engaged a claims assessor to do our claim through the house insurance. He has asked us what would our expectation of a claim would be.

My question is what rates do the insurance company use for their assessment? Ie a m2 rate of tiling, laminate flooring, painting etc.

Just curious if anyone has any idea what this would be so we can have an idea of what we should be expecting to receive from our claim. We are currently trying to get prices to do the work.

Thanks

I'm not being smart but the internet can't answer how much it costs to repair your house. There's too many different factors. So no, there isn't an industry standard because it depends on the level of damage done and the finish in your house. That's what you are paying your assessor 10% of the claim for!

Advertisement