Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Online Bugs -Easy Fixes

Options
  • 17-01-2020 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭

These should be simple.  I've said it before to numerous BOI staff but nothing ever done.

So I'm setting a new payee up in BOL

Country Code of payee bank has to be filled, but it is not really obvious as the first field and actually looks like it is already done at a glance, so automatically you might jump to payee name.  But if I do not fill this in first and go and enter all other details when I click to go to next step, it pops that Country code is mandatory......fine, no probs there, but when I choose country code...... it removes all the other information i have entered so i have to repopulate everything again.

Here is a simple fix please.  do not allow the other information to be filled until the country code has been populated.  either that, or allow the country code to be populated at any stage before moving on but don't remove all the other information.

Exact same thing as above happens when making a payment if you do not choose currency first.

Back to setting up a payee
    If I only know account number and sort code, nearly every application has something built in which pops the IBAN once these are populated.  Whys does a bank application not automatically fill an IBAN?

Why do i have to fill in the bank details, address etc?  i don't know them most of the time and they are not actually needed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Please be assured all of our Customer's feedback is important to us and we will certainly pass on your comments to our Business Online Team. 

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us here if there is anything else we can help with.

Thanks, Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

but it's clearly not that important Aisling.

see above where I mentioned that I've relayed these bugs in your system countless times through many different channels

Thanks for getting back to us here.

Please be assured all of our Customers Feedback is important and this has been passed on to our Business Online Team.

You can also make a formal complaint if you wish by following the link I have attached here.

Thanks, Aisling.

just setting up another supplier.
    did it again :mad:

actually, what happens when you click to add new payee, the site defaults to the second field for you to fill in the payee name.  
    so naturally you don't bother with the country code in the field above and just fire through and fill out the rest below.... till it all wipes itself! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Business online is a joke, they barely maintain it. And they charge you a load of money for the privilege of using such a useless system. The free personal account offers better service ffs. This was main reason I closed BOI business account.

• Advertisement

Hi There,

We're very sorry to hear you are continuing to experience some difficulties with Business Online. You can certainly get in touch with the Business Online support team by email on business.online@boi.com or by phone on 1890 818 265. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to assist with this.

Just to mention, you can also avail of our Banking 365 online service. Banking 365 offers a number of different functionalities and features including access to online e-statements for the last 7 years, the ability to set up/adjust Standing Orders and the availability to check your balance, as well as your cleared/available balance.

I have attached a link here for more information on Banking 365. You can also get in touch with the team on 0818 365 365 for more information.

Thanks,
    Aisling.

no offence Aisling but that is just a daft thing to say.  You don't know anything about our business.  We cannot use Banking 365.

And as I've already pointed out, none of your colleagues have been able to assist.  I know this because I've pointed out the problems countless times and well.... they still exist.

I realise the customer service team you are working for cannot make these fixes.  I'm only posting here to rant because nobody in the bank listens to their customers issues.

However what the team here can do is be less patronising and stop saying the same line over and over again when it clearly is not the case.

Advertisement