Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to tour with - 2k€ edition

Options
  • 17-01-2020 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

I am wanting to do some long bike tours this year. My road bike is a bit long in the tooth, so new bike time anyway.

I would like something that would allow me to do regular club spins and also be a good choice to throw a frame bag and a big seat bag onto, but with some stays for extra bottle etc.

I don't think I'd travel with panniers, but maybe it be a good option to have (I haven't cycled multiple days before).

There are too many options out there and too many marketing terms - Gravel, adventure, CS, etc etc

So.. help me narrow it down (Or maybe add to my list!) - any recommendation of what to look at.

I think an alu or steel frame in this budget would be good for touring, but not even sure tbh! Probably want a relaxed audax style geometry (Id be looking at a large/58/60cm bike anyway).. what else?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

genesis equilibrium is a good choice (i would say that, i have two) but they've shot up in price in the last couple of years.

Advertisement