Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this work?

Options
  • 17-01-2020 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Decriminalise cannabis and at the same time allow employers and schools and do random drug testing, in other words, someone would really only be able to use it on a Friday or Saturday or some other situation where they have two days off together.

Then if that workd then consider doing it for other drugs?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

If they are getting high on work/school days are random drug tests really necessary to catch them out? I mean wouldn't it become obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

It’s a long time since I smoked weed so I’ve nothing to hide but there’s not a hope in Hell I am letting my employer test my piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

It would cripple the crime gangs, give people a choice.

mariaalice wrote: »
    It would cripple the crime gangs, give people a choice.

If you stopped at "decriminalise cannabis" and left out the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 40 Benoconnor80

Decriminalise cannabis and at the same time allow employers and schools and do random drug testing, in other words, someone would really only be able some it on a Friday or Saturday or some other situation where they have two days off together.

No. Philippines seem to have a handle on their drug problem now.

If you stopped at "decriminalise cannabis" and left out the rest.

You could not do that because of the problem of tolerance being seen as promotion and problems for society.

You could not do that because of the problem of tolerance being seen as promotion and problems for society.

I've read that three times and it still doesn't compute.

Decriminalisation should be the least we do. Legalisation is the only way to attempt to sort this out.

I've read that three times and it still doesn't compute.

Decriminalising its would be a signal that its tolerated however for some the fact that it would not be illegal would be taken to mean its harmless.

The issue is how to create a culture of recessional use and keep it away for thos with any mental health issues or issues in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Decriminalise cannabis and at the same time allow employers and schools and do random drug testing, in other words, someone would really only be able to use it on a Friday or Saturday or some other situation where they have two days off together.

wouldn't work. you can have detectable levels cannabis in your system several days after smoking it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I could just imagine my old principal asking people to piss in a tub so he could test it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The war on drugs is a lost cause and always will be. The same with prostituation. In the time it takes me to type this I can have a bag of coke and also organise a blow job within minutes. Just leagalise it and be done.

Advertisement