Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stop the killings.. Legalise Drugs

• 18-01-2020 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Take the money from the thugs putting fear through our society today.. Instead of wasting time resources and energy fighting a losing battle, try a different approach, take the power away from these people and instead of punishing users, help them, educate them instead of pushing them further into the dark of society. Ireland needs a wake up call, across all fronts and quick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Our prescription drugs are one of the most expensive in the world despite the fact most are actually made here, the illegal market will still flourish even if they legalised it because they would make a balls of the pricing and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Johnnydoe89

I'll be honest I never took this into consideration.. Maybe that's something else that has to change. Country is in a bad no matter which way you look, now its like narco country. And to think all these people are known to gardai and/or out on bail, suspended sentences, been released early. Madness.

Portugal has decriminalised drugs and reported drop in crime and such. Maybe that would be the route more so.. But they hold too much power with their fear over people and it all stems to drugs and money, that lifestyle

Yeah OK legalise a bit ott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You appear lo lack the courage of your convictions, OP!

:D

endacl wrote: »
    You appear lo lack the courage of your convictions, OP!

:D

Yeah I will admit, but I wrote this on a whim and only have sat to think after the fact. But this is a place for discussions, and I have started one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

sugarman wrote: »
    Legalise Class A drugs? Are you mad in the head. Theres not a country in the world Cocaine is legal to purchase. Decriminalised yes, but not legal.

Cocaine is highly addictive and can lead to fatalities. It's not a harmless natural drug like Cannabis. Different kettle or fish there.

But drugs, any drugs being illegal, does absolutely nothing to solve the problems with people taking drugs, and just causes drugs which may be dangerous to a certain level to begin with, to be even more dangerous in various ways.

Human beings have wanted to alter their consciousness since forever, I see no logical reason to be making criminals out of people who wish to do this. There has been enough evidence at this stage all around the world that prohibition does not work, and will never work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

Yeah I will admit, but I wrote this on a whim and only have sat to think after the fact. But this is a place for discussions, and I have started one.
    You're thinking the right way though, radical change is needed. Decriminalise users, educate the population, help addicts - I mean REALLY help them, legalise softer drugs, educate people as to why they should not use them, but educate them how to use them, should they decide to do so - receive MILLIONS upon millions in taxes, in the process.

And finally - hand out ungodly sentences to those involved in the heroin and cocaine trade, I'm talking sentences that would have Amnesty International, and the United Nations, f***.... - sentences that would have ROGER DUTERTE, writing to the Taoiseach - pleading with him to show mercy on said criminals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Ireland were one of the first with cab and it worked!
    Maybe the drug thing might too , although with brexit and borders , not a chance will they look at it for now!

MMXX wrote: »
    You're thinking the right way though, radical change is needed. Decriminalise users, educate the population, help addicts - I mean REALLY help them, legalise softer drugs, educate people as to why they should not use them, but educate them how to use them, should they decide to do so - receive MILLIONS upon millions in taxes, in the process.

And finally - hand out ungodly sentences to those involved in the heroin and cocaine trade, I'm talking sentences that would have Amnesty International, and the United Nations, f***.... - sentences that would have ROGER DUTERTE, writing to the Taoiseach - pleading with him to show mercy on said criminals.

I like this idea, I mean more than half the time you read about killings or gang related violence they are re offenders with a heap of convictions. This fella thays been mentioned, they are saying how feared and dangerous he is, going to start a war they said, let him out anyway. Should be locking them all up for life, no petty convictions like having weed or car offensives etc. Full of them all for life

Ireland were one of the first with cab and it worked!
    Maybe the drug thing might too , although with brexit and borders , not a chance will they look at it for now!

Start a new force, similar to cab but more along the lines of assault and kidnapping 🀔😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Most of these individuals involved in "gangland", along with all their facebook pals aligned to their gangs and other factions, will have tens of convictions, most for serious violent crimes, which at this stage should have resulted in them being sentenced to at least 20 years in prison.

The fact that their out flaunting their wealth online, going on holidays with their gucci man bags and their boss tracksuits, laughing at the rest of us and living the celebrity lifestyle, is absurd.

The justice system in this country is completely unfit for purpose, and none of the political parties have any intention of doing anything different to attempt a real change.

What with a completely unjust drug policy and infuriatingly leniant sentences given for violent and sexual offences in this country, what do we expect to happen?

Lets keep our heads in the sand and blame the dismemberment of a scumbag on the average joe who works 40+ hours a week, pays their taxes to contribute to this **** show of a so called society, and wants to escape their reality for a few hours on a weekend, rather than facing up to the real reasons things are the way they are.

Advertisement