Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 transfer thread - Tripool up time.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looking to ditch Alli and Rashford (injury news pending)

A: Sarr and Aguero
    B: Salah and Deeney

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

elefant wrote: »
    I'm looking for a forward at 6.8 max.

The best options there look like Pukki, Deulofeu, DCL or Maupay. Any thoughts? I haven't seen any of them play recently.

TOSUN

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Chesty08 wrote: »
    TOSUN

He's a very good shout, lovely run of fixtures and will suit palace down to the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Looking at ways to get Aguero in with his current form and could go Vardy and Abraham to Aguero and Ayew with two free transfers. Going to wait to see how Vardy gets on against Burnley and might just do Abraham to Jiminez. Any opinions on whether it would be a good move appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Wolves fixtures are terrible

• Advertisement

elefant wrote: »
    I'm looking for a forward at 6.8 max.

The best options there look like Pukki, Deulofeu, DCL or Maupay. Any thoughts? I haven't seen any of them play recently.

Deeney is the one that's sticking out for me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Found a way to keep Aguero and still get Salah but it would cost - 8

Maddison to Salah
    Jimi to Greenwood
    Cantwell to Hayden
    Soy to Tanganga

Madness? Would leave me with this starting 11 for gwk24:

McCarthy
    TAA Dunk Tanganga
    Mané Salah KDB Grealish
    Aguero Vardy Greenwood

Subs: Lund Rico Hayden

If we get concrete news on Rashford before then, Greenwood could be a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Maddison to Salah
    Jimi to Greenwood
    Cantwell to Hayden
    Soy to Tanganga

McCarthy
    TAA Dunk Tanganga
    Mané Salah KDB Grealish
    Aguero Vardy Greenwood

If we get concrete news on Rashford before then, Greenwood could be a good shout.

High risk of not getting 11 out of the odd time. I wouldn't be convinced it's worth an 8 but if you want to go for it that looks about as good as any right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Maddison to Salah
    Jimi to Greenwood
    Cantwell to Hayden
    Soy to Tanganga

McCarthy
    TAA Dunk Tanganga
    Mané Salah KDB Grealish
    Aguero Vardy Greenwood

Wait till tuesday. I reckon we will know before deadline if aguero starts or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭893bet

I have enough to go vardy to Kun in a single move.

Was into vardy early enough so buying back would be expensive.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

893bet wrote: »
    I have enough to go vardy to Kun in a single move.

Was into vardy early enough so buying back would be expensive.

Thoughts?

I think the boat may have been missed on Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I think the boat may have been missed on Aguero

Why do you think that? like what is stopping Aguero getting 5/6 goals in next 3/4 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why do you think that? like what is stopping Aguero getting 5/6 goals in next 3/4 games?

If pep decides to focus on cups which Im pretty sure I heard him mention in a interview on radio and then aguero isn't used primarily in the league

Pool win today and leic loss increase chances of pep rotation. If they can get comfortable in second he will start sparing Kun and kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

893bet wrote: »
    Pool win today and leic loss increase chances of pep rotation. If they can get comfortable in second he will start sparing Kun and kevin

I still think Aguero will play a fair share of games, he has the Golden boot to go for and so he'll want to play.
    Pep has had plenty of chances this season of putting on Foden for instance and never does, so I don't think he'll starting rest big names

To add, if you are of the opinion, that Aguero won't get to see much game time - then Jesus has to be the guy to get in, 2 double digit scores in a row.

Lads we've all being playing long enough to know there's no point in trying to predict Pep. If Aguero starts he scores goals, just make sure you have a first sub and VC set each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Very very tough call to decide who will be my third pool player
    Will be for a -4
    Can afford them all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone considering Mane to Salah?
    Can do it on FT.

Already have TAA and Gomez so would have take one of them out followed by a -4 to fit Salah in and keep Mane.

Salah on penalties is my biggest concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Can do it on FT.

Already have TAA and Gomez so would have take one of them out followed by a -4 to fit Salah in and keep Mane.

Sounds like a way to give yourself a world of hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Can do it on FT.

Dunno about that. Reminds me of those Deal or No Deal games where the contestant swaps the box at the end. Always think it stings worse when you lose out on what you might have had otherwise.

• Advertisement

Can do it on FT.

I’ve been thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have taa and Salah, what's everyone's choice for a third Liverpool player? Thinking Bobby and maybe sneak a West ham midfielder in

IMO the defensive double up is a no-brainer, last four games have been 2 x 1-0 and 2 x 2-0

I said it on last weeks transfer thread that I can see them just shutting up shop until the end of February and closing out the league

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Have taa and Salah, what's everyone's choice for a third Liverpool player? Thinking Bobby and maybe sneak a West ham midfielder in

I'm gonna TC Bobby, great away form.
    Also have Mane and TAA.

I don't think there is much between Mane or Salah. Mane looked a lot more dangerous today and should have had his assist at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Did anyone see the west ham game yesterday ? Is Randolph likely to keep his spot for the double gameweek or was he terrible and in danger of losing it ?

Green&Red wrote: »
    IMO the defensive double up is a no-brainer, last four games have been 2 x 1-0 and 2 x 2-0

I said it on last weeks transfer thread that I can see them just shutting up shop until the end of February and closing out the league

Currently on Salah, Gomez, Mane and I agree

They won't concede much and are great for bonus points at the moment. It's the safe option.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Green&Red wrote: »

It also removes the captaincy dilemma/heartache
    I will captain mane and almost certainly double up on defence
    The problem is that means I have to keep alli
    But he is at home to Norwich

If Solsjkaer wasn't manager and contractually obliged to play Pereira I'd be very tempted by Greenwood

Surely he has to start playing soon, not much goal threat elsewhere in that team

I'm gonna TC Bobby, great away form.
    Also have Mane and TAA.

I don't think there is much between Mane or Salah. Mane looked a lot more dangerous today and should have had his assist at least.

TC Bobby....I am tempted all.

Just did rash to bobby there before rash drops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking at Martial and Ings to Salah and Tosun for free.

Other option is Soyuncu to Robertson and keep a FT

Have Mane and TAA already.

Advertisement