Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Morning ladies, how's everyone doing? All good here. I've just hit the 20 week mark and can't quiet believe how fast it's going. Plenty of movement the lady while too which has been nice :)
    Morning ladies, how's everyone doing? All good here. I've just hit the 20 week mark and can't quiet believe how fast it's going. Plenty of movement the lady while too which has been nice :)

Hi Plum Pud,

All good here thank god. I’m not due until the 29th/30th sept so I always feel way behind. I’m not 17 weeks until tues or weds! Getting my whooping cough vaccine on tues and the nurse at the GP said she’ll check me over when I’m there heartbeat etc so looking forward to that. I’m back to my consultant then in 2 weeks. This is my 2nd not sure Ye if I’m feeling much.

The days feel long at home but the weeks are flying If you get me?! Are you getting your anamoly scan soon? Hope you’re keeping well x

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Ah I hear ya, but still, close to 17 weeks is nice. I'm due early Sept which doesn't feel too far away. It'll be so lovely to hear the heartbeat, especially when symptoms have eased and you don't feel movement yet. I'm on my second too and have only really started to feel movements in the last week.

Yea so my anomoly scan is April 30th and I'll be almost 22 weeks then. I booked it that late because the time suited myself and husband (7.30am) as we were both going to it before work. Now I'm a little ragin I've to wait so long because neither of us are in the office now and he can't go anyways... But not to worry :)

I've got SPD which is a bummer but I expected it as had it last time too. I had some time off over Easter which was nice but yesterday evening I was in agony after sitting at the kitchen table to do my work! Don't have an office space and husband has to use spare room). My left hip was just in bits and took hours to settle so really unsure how much more of it I can take to be honest.

What about you Awny, how are you feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Hi ladies! 18weeks here and feeling lots of movement the past few days, belly feels a bit kind of firmer overnight! Bump actually looking a bit like a bump! Some heartburn but it really is down to what amount of crap I eat. No appointments for another 4 weeks or so which I am glad of to be honest, the less public outings the better.

I'm finding the days soooooo long, my husband is out at work which is great, I think I'd crack up with the 3 of us just sitting around, but all day alone with a toddler is tough. She is up until we go to bed some evenings too so I feel I dont have a minutes break. I'm in bed now while they make an almighty racket downstairs, trying to enjoy some time alone but the child is loud... and I miss her...its so ridiculous! Need a break but afraid I'm missing all the fun!

I think I need to do something productive around the house today, I just feel so useless and bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

Morning ladies! Will be 19 weeks on Monday and defo feeling a few flutters the past week. I have a bit of heartburn too so Gaviscon has become my best friend. First consultant appointment on 30th April.

Feeling frustrated the past week. This is my first pregnancy and it kills me not being able to visit my family. My folks are so excited to having their second grandchild so I know the social distancing is getting to them too but hopefully we'll get over this situation soon. I'd love to be strolling around the shops at the weekends and making lists for all the bits and pieces for the baby but sure browsing the internet has to do!

Started doing pregnancy yoga from youtube actually and finding it great!

I hear ya Cash Q, I’m at home all day with an 13 month old!! It’s long.....

Anfield90 do you have the link for the pregnancy yoga? Was hoping to start an online one soon.

I hear ye about the social distancing. I live in the same town as my parents and they see me and my son most days. They are finding it really hard not seeing him, as are my in-laws. Do ye think we might be able to pay visits to the parents after 5th May? Also looking forward to a time when I get my my hair, waxing and nails done. I’m looking like a shadow of my former self!!!

Plum Pud, I’m doing good but I’m just starting to get lower back pain. Had it on my son too. Also had terrible rib pain but have avoided so far.

My husbands cousin had a baby last week, an elective section. He was allowed stay for an hour is all. I really hope partners will be allowed back by the time we are getting going.

• Advertisement

These are the two videos I use Awny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44fYnoSLL3c
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1mn9brmP4I&t=7s

I find them good as I've never really done yoga before but other's might not think they are great....

anfield90 wrote: »
    These are the two videos I use Awny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44fYnoSLL3c
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1mn9brmP4I&t=7s

I find them good as I've never really done yoga before but other's might not think they are great....

Thanks Anfield90.

I did pregnancy yoga on my last pregnancy and found it great. Will hopefully get back to it when it starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Hi all,

I turned 18 weeks yesterday. I thought I was possibly feeling movement but second guessing it now. Haven't really felt anything this week. Trying not to be too much of a loon about it all.

Need to book into my GP this week for check up and whooping cough. Don't have anomaly scan until 14th of May. Will be nearly 22 weeks by then.

Agree about the days at home being long. My hubby is doing some days from home and others he's in work. I have to say I love when he is here. It's great having someone to tag team our little girl with. She's really good in fairness but definitely needs a lot of entertaining. I'm working from home too so not always possible to give her the attention she needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Pregnancy yoga is lovely. I’ve only done it twice on this baby but trying to be consistent from now on as I feel much better when I do!

Almost 18 weeks. Tired and headachy and SPD in full effect :)

Had appointment with consultant yesterday, I’m public in the Coombe. Aside from anatomy scan in May, I won’t be back in the hospital until August due to covid restrictions. Will see GP before then though.

Consultant chatted about VBAC versus another planned section, so I have food for thought! I don’t think I’ll be let go past 40 weeks so unless I go into labour by myself which hasn’t happened before then prob a section this time too. My eldest was instrumental delivery, my second was planned c section.

Husband is off work. I’m at home anyway having just left work before the pandemic kicked off. Having him around is a huge help with the other two kids. My 18 month old is full on and my 5 year old equally so!

I must try those pregnancy yoga links too. My yoga teacher is doing live online classes but my daughter is usually still up when they're on and it's impossible to find a quiet enough place in the house if she's running riot!

• Advertisement

Cameoette wrote: »
    Pregnancy yoga is lovely. I’ve only done it twice on this baby but trying to be consistent from now on as I feel much better when I do!

Almost 18 weeks. Tired and headachy and SPD in full effect :)

Had appointment with consultant yesterday, I’m public in the Coombe. Aside from anatomy scan in May, I won’t be back in the hospital until August due to covid restrictions. Will see GP before then though.

Consultant chatted about VBAC versus another planned section, so I have food for thought! I don’t think I’ll be let go past 40 weeks so unless I go into labour by myself which hasn’t happened before then prob a section this time too. My eldest was instrumental delivery, my second was planned c section.

Husband is off work. I’m at home anyway having just left work before the pandemic kicked off. Having him around is a huge help with the other two kids. My 18 month old is full on and my 5 year old equally so!

Cameoette, that’s a bit mad not being seen after May. Can you ask for an appointment in between? If the restrictions are lifted will you be seen a bit more?

Hopefully by the time we roll around, we’ll allowed have partners with us for the labour.

awny wrote: »
    Cameoette, that’s a bit mad not being seen after May. Can you ask for an appointment in between? If the restrictions are lifted will you be seen a bit more?

Hopefully by the time we roll around, we’ll allowed have partners with us for the labour.

I think possibly if restrictions are lifted I’ll be seen more but they didn’t mention it. I think if I had concerns there’d be no problems seeing me.

So just checking in with GP in the meantime for blood pressure etc. Oh and I have the GTT in July almost forgot!!

I know I really do hope partners will be allowed in for labour and delivery, but I doubt they’ll be allowed in postnatal ward even by Sept. I’d say they’ll be trying to move women asap out and back home if no complications.

Edited to add: I just checked the combined care scheme (between GP and hospital) and the hospital only sees you at 28 weeks if it’s your first pregnancy it seems, with the next hospital apt after that being 32 weeks, which is when I’ll be back.

Ya it’ll be a pity if they are not allowed on the postnatal ward. My husband was a godsend the last time, my son didn’t sleep for 2 nights and my husband came in during the day and took him so I could get some sleep. Also, my son ended up going to SCBU at 3 days old so I would’ve lost my live if that had happened and I was on my own :(

I’m going privately but my GP checks me out anytime I have gone in for other things: getting bloods done, tomorrow for the vaccine etc. In my GP’s, the nurse does the antenatal appointments as she is a midwife and she’s great. I’m sure you’ll be in great care with the GP anyway, it just seems a bit mad not to be going to the hospital!

When I went to my consultant last, she was saying that there wasn’t any positive cases of Covid-19 in CUMH. Same in limerick apparently. They think that pregnant women are probably cocooning so they are not seeing many cases.

Afternoon ladies, how are we all? All good here. I was wondering if any of you have had a scan in the Coombe (public) recently? I have my anatomy next week and was really hoping they will let me record just a little bit to show my husband.

Been having lots of movement the last week or so which is so nice and reassuring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fatboy69

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow. On my letter it didn't mention not brining partners but Im presuming he cant come. Im just wondering if the hospital called the day before to let you know or were they turned at the door? Im also like to know if they allow you to record. Im attending UHW . Also having lots of movement but feel I will be a lot more relaxed when I know everything is ok

Plum Pud wrote:
    Afternoon ladies, how are we all? All good here. I was wondering if any of you have had a scan in the Coombe (public) recently? I have my anatomy next week and was really hoping they will let me record just a little bit to show my husband.

I have heard of people being allowed to so it's worth asking!
    fatboy69 wrote:
    I have my anatomy scan tomorrow. On my letter it didn't mention not brining partners but Im presuming he cant come. Im just wondering if the hospital called the day before to let you know or were they turned at the door? Im also like to know if they allow you to record. Im attending UHW . Also having lots of movement but feel I will be a lot more relaxed when I know everything is ok

I dont know about other hospitals but there is a security man standing at the door of the Coombe and noone is allowed in except the lady attending for care, no partners. Even if admitted for delivery, partners have to wait outside the building until active labour starts, or moments before a C section begins. You could ring and ask in advance to ask if your partner can come for the scan, at least that way you'll know for sure before you leave the house.

fatboy69 wrote: »

Not sure about UHW but you could prob check their website? Coombe letter for scan says I can bring partner but the policy has updated since and I’ve received text messages saying no partners to any antenatal appointments. Their website says same.

Best of luck with your scans. I’ve not heard they’ve been letting anyone record, but they do print lots of pics.

Ya I’m going to try them myself next week and see what the story. I’m down with my consultant anyway in 2 weeks so I’ll be scanned again then but I’d like to get the date of the anamoly scan. Will feel better when I have that out of the way!

Awny just to let you know I rang CUMH this morning and they told me I am on the waiting list to be booked for the anamoly scan between which is to be done at 21-23 weeks and they'll let me know the date 7-10 days before the scan.

Yea I'm really hoping the coombe let us record even just a few seconds of the baby's heartbeat. I'm really sad for my husband that he can't attend (The Coombe website is updated now to state no partners) so I'll let you all know how I get on next week. I had the most horrendous dream last night so it doesn't help when waiting for the scan.

Fatboy69 good luck at your scan tomorrow, super exciting. I hope all goes well. Are you planning to find out the baby's gender?

Awny just to let you know I rang CUMH this morning and they told me I am on the waiting list to be booked for the anamoly scan between which is to be done at 21-23 weeks and they'll let me know the date 7-10 days before the scan.

Anfield90 that’s so funny, I was just coming on here to tell you that I rang! Thanks a million for that. Apparently aswell you
    Might get a phone call from them instead of a letter. Did you ring central appointments or did they put you through to the ladies especially for anomaly scan? I’m only 17 weeks but will ring again in 2 weeks to make sure all ok.

• Advertisement

Anfield90 that’s so funny, I was just coming on here to tell you that I rang! Thanks a million for that. Apparently aswell you
    Might get a phone call from them instead of a letter. Did you ring central appointments or did they put you through to the ladies especially for anomaly scan? I’m only 17 weeks but will ring again in 2 weeks to make sure all ok.

Haha that's gas!! I rang the fetal assessment unit I think. It's the number they gave me a few weeks ago anyway and they didn't need to transfer the call or anything.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    I have heard of people being allowed to so it's worth asking!

I dont know about other hospitals but there is a security man standing at the door of the Coombe and noone is allowed in except the lady attending for care, no partners. Even if admitted for delivery, partners have to wait outside the building until active labour starts, or moments before a C section begins. You could ring and ask in advance to ask if your partner can come for the scan, at least that way you'll know for sure before you leave the house.

Thank you for the reply. Just have to accept he wont be there

Yea I'm really hoping the coombe let us record even just a few seconds of the baby's heartbeat. I'm really sad for my husband that he can't attend (The Coombe website is updated now to state no partners) so I'll let you all know how I get on next week. I had the most horrendous dream last night so it doesn't help when waiting for the scan.

Fatboy69 good luck at your scan tomorrow, super exciting. I hope all goes well. Are you planning to find out the baby's gender?

I think Im going to try keep it a surprise although I don't know if my will power will say the same at the appointment tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lorindol31

I got my letter for the anatomy scan weeks ago, but got an updated version today in the post saying that no partners allowed. Wait in your car until you are called for your appointment. Then based on whether you are showing symptoms/have travelled will be directed to enter the hospital via green/red route where they'll have methods in place to look after you.

This is for CUMH.

Lorindol31 wrote: »
    I got my letter for the anatomy scan weeks ago, but got an updated version today in the post saying that no partners allowed. Wait in your car until you are called for your appointment. Then based on whether you are showing symptoms/have travelled will be directed to enter the hospital via green/red route where they'll have methods in place to look after you.

This is for CUMH.

That’s great. I’m going privately so this will be my only appointment with the hospital so I’m not sure if that’s why I haven’t gotten a letter? How many weeks will you be getting it Lorindol? They sound well set up at least.

This is for CUMH.

What route are you going down Lorindol31? I'm doing the combined care

I'm going with the Domino Scheme. I haven't met with them yet. I'm meeting them at 21 weeks. This appointment has been moved to Carrigaline (reduce # of people in the hospital etc) again got a letter for this appointment to stay in my car until called.
    I have my anatomy scan at 22 weeks then in CUMH.

The time has flown by since the dating scan for me anyway. The wait between 8 and 12 week scans seemed way way longer! This 2 month wait has been grand so far.
    What route are you going down Lorindol31? I'm doing the combined care

What's combined care again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Basically splitting your visits and checks between the hospital and your own GP. Would probably be the most common type outside of Dublin!

GP and hospital care. Was offered domino but decided to stick with combined as it's my first. Dominio sounds amazing though. My friend did it on her first and thought it was the best thing ever!

• Advertisement

oh right yeah I knew that. Sorry head is fried between work and doing exams/projects for college.
    I'm going public, so I'll have visits to my GP as well as the Domino midwives. I've only been to the GP for confirmation/referral at the start. Due to see her at 24 weeks where i plan to get my whooping cough vaccine as well.

:D

Started feeling kicks within the last 1-2 weeks, but weren't sure if they were or not if you know what I mean. But going to sleep last night and it was felt for definite. Just need to get the timing right so my partner can feel them too.

Advertisement