Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

awny wrote: »
    Girls quick question for Ye, since Ye mentioned about getting the newborn clothes down if Ye don’t mind!

My lb was due in April but came early and was born mid March. So when I was buying the newborn stuff I got short sleeved vests for inside the babygrows. I’d say he was in short sleeved vests until oct?

But since this baby is due in late Sept, would you recommend long sleeved vests inside the baby grows? Have all the unisex babygrows, just wondering about the vests.

My first baby was a December baby and I bought long sleeved vests and never used them. It’s a pain in the ass trying to get a babygro on a newborn when they are already wearing a long sleeved vest. Our house it always warm though. A cardigan or a blanket on top would be easier in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

bee06 wrote: »
    My first baby was a December baby and I bought long sleeved vests and never used them. It’s a pain in the ass trying to get a babygro on a newborn when they are already wearing a long sleeved vest. Our house it always warm though. A cardigan or a blanket on top would be easier in my opinion.

Agreed, I had a July baby and a December baby and it was short sleeve on both. I've only ever used long sleeve "vests" as an actual top or underneath a tshirt so the sleeves would show. I don't think it's quite that cold here to justify two sets of long sleeves and a blanket!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Same as others, September baby first time around and always used short sleeved vests plus a cardigan over the babygro, so tricky to get a long sleeved vest into a babygro.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Had my 20 week appt in CUMH last Thurs. The doctor was lovely & had a quick scan, so lovely to hear the heartbeat & have a little look. She said they appear to be grouping together the anomaly scans to reduce the number of people in the place at the same time.

She also said they are no longer doing the 28 week appt for FTM's at the hospital & they'll see me back at the midwife clinic at 32 weeks (assuming all is well on the scan) - she recommended I go to the GP once in between for a check up & for the whooping cough vaccine, although I could go twice if I want to (at 24 & 28 weeks)

When I was booking the 32 week appt at reception, the lady there suggested I pop into the girls in the Foetal Assessment Unit on the way out to ask them again about my appt, as I am 21 weeks since Friday - they were lovely & able to book me in for next Wed evening at 19.30 - they seem to be switching the shifts & taking them later to avoid over-crowding.

Everything is running very calmly at CUMH, they take your temp on the way in & I was out in under an hour - the only problem is it was so quick they forgot to take my bloods & my the time they phoned me I was home already. Thankfully I'm only 15-20 mins away, so it was easy to pop back!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Rebel83 wrote: »
    Had my 20 week appt in CUMH last Thurs. The doctor was lovely & had a quick scan, so lovely to hear the heartbeat & have a little look. She said they appear to be grouping together the anomaly scans to reduce the number of people in the place at the same time.

She also said they are no longer doing the 28 week appt for FTM's at the hospital & they'll see me back at the midwife clinic at 32 weeks (assuming all is well on the scan) - she recommended I go to the GP once in between for a check up & for the whooping cough vaccine, although I could go twice if I want to (at 24 & 28 weeks)

When I was booking the 32 week appt at reception, the lady there suggested I pop into the girls in the Foetal Assessment Unit on the way out to ask them again about my appt, as I am 21 weeks since Friday - they were lovely & able to book me in for next Wed evening at 19.30 - they seem to be switching the shifts & taking them later to avoid over-crowding.

Everything is running very calmly at CUMH, they take your temp on the way in & I was out in under an hour - the only problem is it was so quick they forgot to take my bloods & my the time they phoned me I was home already. Thankfully I'm only 15-20 mins away, so it was easy to pop back!

Thanks for that Rebel83. I’m down tomorrow week with my consultant in Cork in the private consultants clinic but might pop into fetal assessment before I head home to see if I can get a date. I don’t mind when or what time but would like some notice if possible. Fair play to
    them doing evening scans, they seem to be coping well in CUMH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 mianut

Hi , feeling a bit lost just wondering if anyone is due in Limerick maternity. I'm currently 22weeks
    2nd pregnancy and the last time I had a doc visit was at 13 weeks for bloods etc. Since then I haven't received an update on my bloods and was told in Limerick they dont offer a anomaly scan for 2nd pregnancies and to ignore the 20 week gp app on the hospital book they hand out. Even though my first pregnancy went well it was 11 years ago and I feel that 10 weeks is a very long time with no checks on the baby 😒. If I knew this was the case I would have chosen Galway as thats where my daughter was born.
    Trying to stay positive but these hormones are getting the better of me.

Apologies for being a negative nancy

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Gosh mianut that's a very long time indeed. I wonder could you contact GUH and ask about transferring care? What about a visit to your gp? I'm in a Dublin hospital so it's a pretty decent setup but I Wouldn't feel comfortable with the above. I'd be checking out your gp even to see their practice nurse. Sorry I'm not much help :(

mianut wrote: »
    Hi , feeling a bit lost just wondering if anyone is due in Limerick maternity. I'm currently 22weeks
    2nd pregnancy and the last time I had a doc visit was at 13 weeks for bloods etc. Since then I haven't received an update on my bloods and was told in Limerick they dont offer a anomaly scan for 2nd pregnancies and to ignore the 20 week gp app on the hospital book they hand out. Even though my first pregnancy went well it was 11 years ago and I feel that 10 weeks is a very long time with no checks on the baby 😒. If I knew this was the case I would have chosen Galway as thats where my daughter was born.

I’d make an appointment for now with my GP if I was you and make
    Another one for 6 weeks time? Would you be in a position to get an anomaly scan for yourself privately? Don’t feel bad about complaining, that’s very poor care x

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Gosh mianut that's a very long time indeed. I wonder could you contact GUH and ask about transferring care? What about a visit to your gp? I'm in a Dublin hospital so it's a pretty decent setup but I Wouldn't feel comfortable with the above. I'd be checking out your gp even to see their practice nurse. Sorry I'm not much help :(

Thanks , glad not the only one who thinks that. Going to make a gp app and have a chat with her about my options again. Just need to grow a pair 😂 and stop over thinking.

I don't think you're over thinking at all. Each pregnancy is different so if it was a possability like Awny said I'd look into a private anomoly scan?

• Advertisement

I’d make an appointment for now with my GP if I was you and make
    Another one for 6 weeks time? Would you be in a position to get an anomaly scan for yourself privately? Don’t feel bad about complaining, that’s very poor care x

Thanks,I have a gp app for 24weeks and clinic app for the 28 week. As for scan I was hoping to get one done privately in Ennis but they have since closed because of the virus. So have been trying to do research on where to go close to me..

Oh I wonder do GUH radiology dept do private scans? Be worth checking them out? Sorry, I'm bit sure where exactly you are to travel to? There's the icu studio in galway and I know in dublin private anomoly scans are being classed as essential so those appointments go ahead (or at least they did up to last week)

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Oh I wonder do GUH radiology dept do private scans? Be worth checking them out? Sorry, I'm bit sure where exactly you are to travel to? There's the icu studio in galway and I know in dublin private anomoly scans are being classed as essential so those appointments go ahead (or at least they did up to last week)

Apologies I 'm in the area of Ennis in Clare. Thanks i didn't realise that they would be classed as essential if you go private. I ll have alook at icu studio, distance wise 10 min in difference between Limerick and Galway so either 2 would suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

mianut wrote: »

Hi, just popping in from August thread. I'm in Limerick second baby also. No anomaly scan offered in Limerick on my forst either. I was in hospital at just short of 13 weeks, meant to see GP at 20 and 24 weeks but GP wouldn't see me until last week (25 weeks) so I went 12 weeks with no appointment, which I wasn't happy about but couldn't be seen as they were keeping people away except emergencies due to Covid. I'm next due in hospital towards the end of May when I'll be 30 weeks. I'm not sure if I'm getting scan then buy I know I will get one more scan this pregnancy. 2 scans standard in Limerick (public) assuming all goes to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

Just to note for any CUMH ladies it's mandatory from tomorrow to wear a face mask while in the hospital

https://mobile.twitter.com/CorkCumh/status/1255517821733351424

Anfield you’re due in there soon aren’t you? I’m back to my consultant next week but in the building around the corner from CUMH, I presume it’s the same crack there. Apparently there is also like a tent that you go into to get your temp checked?

How are we all getting on ladies? I’m supposed to be going to Jersey in the Channel Islands in July, I’m still hoping that I’ll get there. I need something to look forward to, to keep me going through the lock down!

Anfield you’re due in there soon aren’t you? I’m back to my consultant next week but in the building around the corner from CUMH, I presume it’s the same crack there. Apparently there is also like a tent that you go into to get your temp checked?

How are we all getting on ladies? I’m supposed to be going to Jersey in the Channel Islands in July, I’m still hoping that I’ll get there. I need something to look forward to, to keep me going through the lock down!

I booked to see my GP yesterday for 18 weeks and the receptionist said all maternity patients are being sent to the nurse instead. No doppler, only urine and blood pressure and I have to ensure I take the urine with me in a sterile container. Was told only two appointments will be allowed into the surgery at one time, so to be punctual. Got there three minutes early, waited at the door, and was let in to discover there were already 6 other appointments waiting ahead of me. I got stuck there for half an hour only to be told by the nurse that my urine sample was void and to take a fresh one on the premises and then when I was leaving, my GP stopped me to ask how I was doing and couldn't work out why I wasn't given an appointment with him :mad:

Aside from that fiasco, all is well. Getting plenty of movement now, can nearly time it daily. Cravings are bloody intense - eggs and cheese every day or I feel extremely ill, and the smell of chicken in any form makes me gag. OLOL Drogheda are now doing anatomy scans as standard (new initiative) so I've been offered one on the 18th of May - excited and nervous because it's another one I'll have to attend alone with husband and kids outside in the car waiting. All scans have also been limited to 15 minutes, so it won't be a full anatomy scan which seems pointless.

Jersey sounds lovely, hopefully things have vastly improved by then so you can get away for a bit! We had a million plans for the summer but nothing booked so we will have to play it by ear!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I booked to see my GP yesterday for 18 weeks and the receptionist said all maternity patients are being sent to the nurse instead. No doppler, only urine and blood pressure and I have to ensure I take the urine with me in a sterile container. Was told only two appointments will be allowed into the surgery at one time, so to be punctual. Got there three minutes early, waited at the door, and was let in to discover there were already 6 other appointments waiting ahead of me. I got stuck there for half an hour only to be told by the nurse that my urine sample was void and to take a fresh one on the premises and then when I was leaving, my GP stopped me to ask how I was doing and couldn't work out why I wasn't given an appointment with him :mad:

Aside from that fiasco, all is well. Getting plenty of movement now, can nearly time it daily. Cravings are bloody intense - eggs and cheese every day or I feel extremely ill, and the smell of chicken in any form makes me gag. OLOL Drogheda are now doing anatomy scans as standard (new initiative) so I've been offered one on the 18th of May - excited and nervous because it's another one I'll have to attend alone with husband and kids outside in the car waiting. All scans have also been limited to 15 minutes, so it won't be a full anatomy scan which seems pointless.

Jersey sounds lovely, hopefully things have vastly improved by then so you can get away for a bit! We had a million plans for the summer but nothing booked so we will have to play it by ear!

That’s great re the anomaly scan. Apparently limerick have cancelled their ones which is mad.

I think you’re the same due date as me, 29th/30th sept? As per my LMP I’m 30th sept, but looking like 29th sept as per ovulation and I’ve shorter cycles. I must fix a definite date with my consultant!!

Very annoying re the appointment, I hope all was ok anyway.

At this stage on my little boy, I was worried about I had only put on 4lbs. Not a fear of that this time, the weight seems to be going on fast and steady even though I’m not over eating?! I’m slim anyway so I’m afraid I’m going to blow up altogether. Hopefully they won’t weigh me on tues :p:D

That’s great re the anomaly scan. Apparently limerick have cancelled their ones which is mad.

I think you’re the same due date as me, 29th/30th sept? As per my LMP I’m 30th sept, but looking like 29th sept as per ovulation and I’ve shorter cycles. I must fix a definite date with my consultant!!

Very annoying re the appointment, I hope all was ok anyway.

At this stage on my little boy, I was worried about I had only put on 4lbs. Not a fear of that this time, the weight seems to be going on fast and steady even though I’m not over eating?! I’m slim anyway so I’m afraid I’m going to blow up altogether. Hopefully they won’t weigh me on tues :p:D

Yep, 29th of September by the doctor/hospital, but by my cycle its actually the 1st of October. They dated me 29th at the first scan so I might as well go with that. I've gone overdue on both my kids so not expecting any different this time!
    I put on 7 stone with my first. Lost 5 stone and got pregnant with my second and put 3 stone back on :o
    Ironically this time I've only put 5lbs on as per my booking, but I'm fairly sure I've lost a bit since then! I'll consider it a blessing, because I really could do without putting on any more :pac:

Was in there earlier. Temp checked and mask given before you go in. Not sure what it would be like in the other building but I presume they are doing the same. Got my anatomy scan date last Tuesday in the post. I have it next Wednesday morning so I'll be 21+2. Delighted I have the date now!

• Advertisement

anfield90 wrote: »
    Was in there earlier. Temp checked and mask given before you go in. Not sure what it would be like in the other building but I presume they are doing the same. Got my anatomy scan date last Tuesday in the post. I have it next Wednesday morning so I'll be 21+2. Delighted I have the date now!

Ah that’s great you don’t have long to wait. I’d love to get it nearer the 21 weeks myself, the sooner the better I think.

I’d say we’ll all be giving birth with the masks on at this rate!!

Ladies, I follow Dr Laura on Instagram and she has a post on today’s announcement. Apparently, all going well
    Normal Visitor guidelines should be back in hospitals by August. Be great for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Hi all,

How's everyone doing? When does movement become stronger and more consistent? I've been feeling movement on & off since about 17 weeks. I'm 20 weeks now but it's still very inconsistent. I had a few quiet days, then yesterday felt lots. Today very quiet again. Some movements I'm still second guessing. Baby or bowels gurgling?

This is my 2nd pregnancy but can't remember from my first. It was 4 years ago.

Anomaly scan next week. Cant come quick enough. Need some reassurance all ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

How's everyone doing? When does movement become stronger and more consistent? I've been feeling movement on & off since about 17 weeks. I'm 20 weeks now but it's still very inconsistent. I had a few quiet days, then yesterday felt lots. Today very quiet again. Some movements I'm still second guessing. Baby or bowels gurgling?

I'm the exact same, no consistency to it, I panic and think I havent felt any movement all day then all of a sudden its non-stop. I cant wait for it to be strong enough for my husband to feel.

Still another 2 weeks until my big scan, hoping time will pass quickly! Have antenatal appt with GP earlier that day too, practice nurse handles everything as she's a midwife too, she is lovely and last time I saw her for my daughters 13 month jabs in October I told her we would be Ttc soon, so I'm looking forward to seeing her. She suspected preeclampsia at 37w with my daughter and sent me to the Coombe, I came home with the baby! She couldn't believe her eyes when we arrived in the surgery for me to have BP checked at 6 days PP. She's just one of those lovely nurses who make you feel like they really know and care about you.

Do you guys know where your placenta is lying? Both posterior and anterior are totally normal and healthy, but obviously with an anterior placenta, some or even most of the babys earlier movements are cushioned/blocked and you may not feel it. It's something not regularly mentioned but if you have your dating scan results/printout, it will have placental placement on it!

I'm 19 weeks as of yesterday and have mostly predictable movements now. Always when I lie on my side last thing at night before bed and again between lunch and dinner. A good, cold drink or something sugary always gets movement going.
    Baby also moves when he/she (thinking she for no other reason than I already have 2) hears my youngest daughter speak. Doesnt react for anyone else but the second she puts her cheek to bump and starts to talk, I get assaulted!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

20 weeks now. At my last quick scan I was told I have an anterior placenta which explains why I’ve felt hardly any movement compared to my last baby where I felt hiccups at 18 weeks! My first baby was also anterior placenta.

I usually feel movement only at night when I lie on my side also. Although today at dinner I felt squirms and tiny kicks. Nothing consistent yet though, I believe babies settle into noticeable regular kicks/movement at about 24 weeks.

Morning ladies :)

Hazelnut button, I'm 22+3 now and just in the last few days my kicks have gotten stronger and there's a bit of a pattern developing too so I'd imagine it's probably closer to the 22 weeks before babies strength is more noticeable.

Also agree with Shashabear on the placenta placement. On my first it was anterior so I didn't feel much for the duration and this time it's posterior so it's a lot more identifiable.

My understanding is, for this stage, if the flutter is high up above you're belly button then it's your organs. Below and to the sides of your bellybutton is your baby :) but I totally stand to be corrected on this!

I had my anomoly scan a week ago, it was great, but a real bummer not having my husband there. I have to go back for another scan in a few weeks though because baby was lying face down, bum up so she couldn't get a clear view of a small section of the brain and the lips. She said she isn't worried because what she sees looks great but it's just not clear enough for her to happily sign off on it. Suits me though, I'll take another scan :)

Hi all,

I was with my consultant yesterday and all good thank god. I’m 19 weeks but I’m just waiting for a date for my anomaly scan so it’ll be in the next 2/3 weeks hopefully. Consultant said she had a look yesterday and things look good so she thinks anomoly scan should be ok.

I’m the same with movement. Very inconsistent. I’m glad you are all the same because I was wondering about it aswell.

Hi ladies,

I had my anatomy scan this morning at 21+2 and all is well thank God! The scan measured me at 21+4 though so do I go by the new date as my due date?? I know it's only 2 days of a difference so it's not a big issue. I was feeling the odd movement here and there especially when I'd lie down but nothing huge. The sonographer confirmed an anterior placenta today though so that explains it.

Also is it normal for the sonographer to tell you what they think the gender is rather than actually confirming? I assume this is just to cover themselves because there seemed to be a pretty good view of the baby's area on the screen...

• Advertisement

anfield90 wrote: »

Also is it normal for the sonographer to tell you what they think the gender is rather than actually confirming? I assume this is just to cover themselves because there seemed to be a pretty good view of the baby's area on the screen...

I'd say this is quite normal. Even with the private gender scans I've had done for both girls, I was made sign a form stating I was aware that results were a maximum of 90% accurate. I imagine sonographers are well able to tell but I wouldnt like to be telling someone I was sure and have it be wrong, as it does happen!

Advertisement