Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

anfield90 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

I had my anatomy scan this morning at 21+2 and all is well thank God! The scan measured me at 21+4 though so do I go by the new date as my due date?? I know it's only 2 days of a difference so it's not a big issue. I was feeling the odd movement here and there especially when I'd lie down but nothing huge. The sonographer confirmed an anterior placenta today though so that explains it.

Also is it normal for the sonographer to tell you what they think the gender is rather than actually confirming? I assume this is just to cover themselves because there seemed to be a pretty good view of the baby's area on the screen...

Great news Anfield. Delighted all is good. The sheet that they give you re the anamoly scan in CUMH says that it’s 85% accurate at 22 weeks so they probably never say 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I'd say this is quite normal. Even with the private gender scans I've had done for both girls, I was made sign a form stating I was aware that results were a maximum of 90% accurate. I imagine sonographers are well able to tell but I wouldnt like to be telling someone I was sure and have it be wrong, as it does happen!

Very true! I'll take it that she got it right ;)

Awny hopefully you get your scan first thing in the morn like I did. It was so quiet in there and I wasn't waiting long at all to be seen. They actually rang me 20 mins early to ask me to come in if I was in the car park already and I was just arriving so it was great timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Awny hopefully you get your scan first thing in the morn like I did. It was so quiet in there and I wasn't waiting long at all to be seen. They actually rang me 20 mins early to ask me to come in if I was in the car park already and I was just arriving so it was great timing!

Mines scheduled for 4PM, so its going to be a giggle and a half for my husband keeping the kids entertained in the car for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Any suffer bad heartburn? I have it really bad this past few days. I have gaviscon but gosh I really hope it passes soon and doesn't last 😂

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Any suffer bad heartburn? I have it really bad this past few days. I have gaviscon but gosh I really hope it passes soon and doesn't last 😂

I get it very bad, but only if I lie down in any way right after I eat. Gaviscon and Rennies don't even touch it :o

• Advertisement

Oh god love ya, that's tough. I've never ever had it like this before. I get it even if I drink water! It's the most strange sensation!! How are you feeling otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Plum Pud wrote:

Ask your Dr for a prescription for something better, ranitidine I think its called, I would have been lost without it last time, not too bad this time so I'm managing with Gaviscon.

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Oh god love ya, that's tough. I've never ever had it like this before. I get it even if I drink water! It's the most strange sensation!! How are you feeling otherwise?

Honestly never had it while pregnant either. In fact, I don't really ever have heartburn so it's quite new to me on all fronts! Otherwise I'm actually fine - only issue/complaint I have is aches and pains in my hips and thighs when trying to sleep. Although to be fair to myself, that's likely my weight as much as my pregnancy :p

I must ask next time I'm in cash q, thanks a mill for that.

ShaShaBear I hear ya, my weight certainly wouldn't help either but thankfully my body pillow helps me at night time so I get good sleep most nights. Found myself last night actually wishing for it to be September but I think that was more because I'm hoping all this coronirvirus stuff will be sorted than actually having a baby because sometimes I freak out and think how are we going to manage 😂😂😂

I’m not doing too badly, just some lower back pain. I said it to my consultant and she said she’d refer me to physio.

No heartburn this time yet. Only had one really bad incidence of it on my first baby and it was desperate so fair play to ye!!

• Advertisement

That’s sounds great Anfield. I’ve no date yet so might give them a ring at some stage next week, I’ll be 20 weeks then. How long was the scan? I heard of other hospitals shortening them and I was wondering if CUMH was the same. I think mine was about a half hour the last time? Well it felt ages anyway because I was a bag of nerves :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

awny wrote: »
    That’s sounds great Anfield. I’ve no date yet so might give them a ring at some stage next week, I’ll be 20 weeks then. How long was the scan? I heard of other hospitals shortening them and I was wondering if CUMH was the same. I think mine was about a half hour the last time? Well it felt ages anyway because I was a bag of nerves :P

Just 15 mins for the scan and they tell you that before they start. Was my first but I guess they used to be much longer? I was lucky baby was in a good position to see everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KWay

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Ask your Dr for a prescription for something better, ranitidine I think its called, I would have been lost without it last time, not too bad this time so I'm managing with Gaviscon.
    Ranitidine is actually unavailable at the moment globally, very difficult with alternatives too.
    Ive just been a silent listener, 19weeks now so thought I’d join in! 😊

KWay wrote:
    Ranitidine is actually unavailable at the moment globally, very difficult with alternatives too. Ive just been a silent listener, 19weeks now so thought I’d join in! 😊

Ah no way! There might be something else a GP could prescribe anyway.

Hope your pregnancy is going well!

Happy Sunday ladies, hope you all enjoyed that fab weather 😍

All good here. 23 weeks now and I'm feeling so much movement, it's awesome. On my first I had an anterior placenta so this feeling is more than welcomed.

All fine, thank god Plum Pud. Imagine 23 weeks you’re flying along! I’m not 20 weeks until Tuesday so I feel a bit behind!!

I’ve been having lower back pain so my consultant referred me physio. They sent me a back support in the post and I’ll see them the same day as my anomoly scan hopefully. Today is the first day that I’ve worn the back support but I’m hoping it’ll help. I swam a lot and did pregnancy Pilates on my last pregnancy but unfortunately that’s not an option at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Hi all,

I'm 21 weeks and due to have anomaly scan on Thursday. Fingers crossed all will be good

I've seen a massive increase in movement over the last week. Its mad how a week can make such a difference. Theres no disputing now that its baby and not bowels 😂.

Previously I was only feeling stuff if I was being really still and looking out for it. Whereas now I'm feeling stuff throughout the day. It really is such a lovely feeling.

Was thinking of maybe getting a next 2 me crib for this baby. On the last we had her in her full sized cot in the room beside us but we've had new wardrobes put in since so dont have as much space. Anyone of you have one? Would you recommend?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Was thinking of maybe getting a next 2 me crib for this baby. On the last we had her in her full sized cot in the room beside us but we've had new wardrobes put in since so dont have as much space. Anyone of you have one? Would you recommend?

We had one last time and it was great, definitely using it again this time. I think we just need to buy a fresh mattress for the new baby. Our mattress is really high and it's a divan bed so we weren't able to attach it to the bed and have the side of the cot open, but it was handy to be able to see baby through the mesh panel anyway. It is really light and easy to lift out of your way which I liked too as we are a bit tight on space in our room. You can tilt the angle of the mattress too which I've heard helps to alleviate some issue that some babies face...pregnancy brain wont let me remember what I'm on about though lol!

22weeks on Wed/Sat depending on dating scan/ LMP. I've my anatomy scan next Tuesday, I cant wait but naturally I'm a bit anxious too. Feeling more pronounced movements now and can kind of predict when.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

24 weeks on Friday but with an anterior placenta so getting really anxious about the lack of movement. My logical side tells me it's normal but I can't help but be worried & it kept me awake half the night last night - which I really could have done without as I'm really busy in work this week.

Made an appt for my GP for Fri morning - was going to go next week anyway for my check-up & whooping cough vaccine but decided to bring it forward, so hoping it will alleviate my anxiety for the weekend!

Rebel83 wrote: »
    24 weeks on Friday but with an anterior placenta so getting really anxious about the lack of movement. My logical side tells me it's normal but I can't help but be worried & it kept me awake half the night last night - which I really could have done without as I'm really busy in work this week.

Made an appt for my GP for Fri morning - was going to go next week anyway for my check-up & whooping cough vaccine but decided to bring it forward, so hoping it will alleviate my anxiety for the weekend!

You’re dead right Rebel especially if it’s playing on your mind. I’ve never had an anterior placenta so I can’t relate but I can imagine that it would be worrying.
    My sister had an anterior placenta on one of her pregnancies and I think it was later in the pregnancy that she had proper movement?

Did you have your anomoly scan yet? Did they mention anything about it?

• Advertisement

You’re dead right Rebel especially if it’s playing on your mind. I’ve never had an anterior placenta so I can’t relate but I can imagine that it would be worrying.
    My sister had an anterior placenta on one of her pregnancies and I think it was later in the pregnancy that she had proper movement?

Did you have your anomoly scan yet? Did they mention anything about it?

Thanks for replying Awny - yes had my anomaly scan at 21+5 & everything looked perfect.

Hey rebel I had an anterior on my first and it was quiet unnerving so I think you're right to go and see the gp. Hopefully you start feeling something on the sides soon. Glad your anomoly went well, it's such a relief

Rebel83 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying Awny - yes had my anomaly scan at 21+5 & everything looked perfect.

Thanks great, I always think that’s such mental milestone to get over. x

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Had the anomaly scan today. I'm in the Coombe and they're giving everyone masks to wear when you arrive at reception.

Thankfully everything looked good. Was blocking its face a good bit but got to see all the other important bits.

Also found out we are having a boy 💙. My husband is over the moon. Even got a bit teary. We already have a little girl who's 4 at the end of this month. We told her today and her reaction was priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Had the anomaly scan today. I'm in the Coombe and they're giving everyone masks to wear when you arrive at reception.

Thankfully everything looked good. Was blocking its face a good bit but got to see all the other important bits.

Also found out we are having a boy 💙. My husband is over the moon. Even got a bit teary. We already have a little girl who's 4 at the end of this month. We told her today and her reaction was priceless.

Aw that’s lovely! Congratulations :) delighted it all went well for you.
    I’m there tomorrow.

Wow that's great news, delighted for the 3/soon to be 4 of you!

Thanks for the update on the masks in the Coombe, that's great to hear, I was hoping to buy one somewhere

Glad to hear it went well! Congratulations on your little boy.

Aw that’s lovely. My husband just loves the bones of our son. There is something special about a father&son relationship. Glad all was well x

Cameoette wrote: »
    Aw that’s lovely! Congratulations :) delighted it all went well for you.
    I’m there tomorrow.

Hoping you get on well today, Cameoette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Hoping you get on well today, Cameoette.

Ah thank you! It all went really well, relieved and delighted!

Advertisement