Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Anatomy scan today in the Coombe, all perfect :) great photos and loads of 3D ones too, I asked her to try make sure I wouldn't find out the gender either and told me to look away as needed. 20 mins in total and it never felt rushed at all, she was lovely.

Oh 3D, wow! Nothing like that in OLOL

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Anatomy scan today in the Coombe, all perfect :) great photos and loads of 3D ones too, I asked her to try make sure I wouldn't find out the gender either and told me to look away as needed. 20 mins in total and it never felt rushed at all, she was lovely.

Aw fab Cash_Q :) it’s such a bonus to get nice 3D photos!! They tried on me last week but the images were very blurry. Could be anything really lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

ShaShaBear wrote:
    Oh 3D, wow! Nothing like that in OLOL

Cameoette wrote:
    Aw fab Cash_Q it’s such a bonus to get nice 3D photos!! They tried on me last week but the images were very blurry. Could be anything really lol

Yeah she got a great angle on baby's face so printed loads, both arms were crossed across the chest and the little hands were up at the face, one pic clearly shows a little thumb in the mouth! Really amazing that these machines can see so much. She said the heart would be about the size of my thumb nail, yet there she was examining all four chambers. Mad. It was so detailed and she was so thorough in explaining everything. It was so lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Yeah she got a great angle on baby's face so printed loads, both arms were crossed across the chest and the little hands were up at the face, one pic clearly shows a little thumb in the mouth! Really amazing that these machines can see so much. She said the heart would be about the size of my thumb nail, yet there she was examining all four chambers. Mad. It was so detailed and she was so thorough in explaining everything. It was so lovely.

That’s great Cash_Q, it’s such a relief that all is well.

Ladies can I ask a personal question? How is the weight going for Ye? I seem to be gaining a lot of weight (or it feels like it!). I don’t think I gained as much as quickly on my last pregnancy? I gained 2 stone in 36ish weeks. I’m a size 8 and about 9 and a half stone pre pregnant. I’ve gained about 12 pounds and I’m only 21 weeks?! 🙈🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Cash Q so glad your scan went well! And to get some lovely 3D's too, nice one :) I am back in 3 weeks for my follow up scan, can't wait.

I was in last week actually and they checked my bloods etc and I found out yesterday I have an iron deficiency so have to start galfer :(

Awny, second time round for me is a bit different too. I carry a loooot of extra weight so I'm conscious to not add too much to it. On my first I gained only 12lbs in total and this time I've gained 8 lbs so far and I am 24 weeks so still a bit to go but this nice weather is not helping my magnum intake 😂

• Advertisement

Plum Pud wrote: »

Awny, second time round for me is a bit different too. I carry a loooot of extra weight so I'm conscious to not add too much to it. On my first I gained only 12lbs in total and this time I've gained 8 lbs so far and I am 24 weeks so still a bit to go but this nice weather is not helping my magnum intake 😂

You’re doing great by the sounds of it Plum Pud well done. I think on my last pregnancy I was doing swimming and Pilates as well as walking as I’d say it helped. No swimming pools or Pilates happening at the moment :rolleyes:
    I’m maid of honor for my sister too when I’m 35 and a half weeks so don’t wanna look like a beached whale in the photos!!

Would you believe my iron dropped at 24 weeks the last time too and I was put on iron. I took Active Iron. I have a very sensitive bowel from a previous operation on it and taking iron every day gave me terrible issues so I took every 2nd day and it worked just as well. Just Incase you run into issues, taking every second day is an option too.

16 weeks to go... A lot can change can't it... A summer full of ice cream :D it's hard when we can't do our usual, I'd say you are missing your swimming and pilates big time.

Yes I've read up about what galfer can do and I'm not keen on that.... I might check out active iron. I'm gonna chat with my pharmacist this morning and see. It's a bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lorindol31

The Bump Room are doing live classes on Youtube and uploading the recordings afterwards, so I've been working away on these the last few weeks. (https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBumpRoom)
    Also I got in touch with a yoga class nearby and she's offering prenatal yoga over Zoom. Only thing I am missing out on that I would like to do is swimming.
    FYI in case other people wanted to give the youtube class a try.

I started off the pregnancy obese and from positive result to 14 weeks (when I was booked in), I had gained 5lbs. Absolutely no idea now as I binned my scales at home at the recommendation of my midwife. She said now was not the time to worry about it (and I have a terrible emotional-eating issue so she's probably right in my case) and that once I move as much as possible and try to keep the sugary foods to a minimum, it'll be what it is. Metabolism is slowed in pregnancy and any efforts will not have the same effect they would have pre-pregnancy anyway.

In saying that, she also didn't tell me at the time that I would NOT be weighed at any of my appointments as the department have a policy of not weighing women once they've been booked in and risk-assessed, so I've no scales to check :pac:
    However, I'm meeting the consultant at the end of next month for the first time, so I'm just going to ask can I use the scales, just to keep an eye on things.

In the meantime, I spoke to my GP about it (because the weight sorta crept up on me while trying for this baby and I would prefer to only put on necessary weight if possible) and he worked out a calorie allowance for a 1lb per week loss, and added 300 calories to it. Told me to stick to it as best I can while incorporating a healthy diet but never to feel overly hungry and consider it a good guideline. I've been doing that for a week now and I feel like I might even have lost some weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

I would be a bit heavier to start with but because of the gestational diabetes and following that diet I lost 10lb in the first few weeks. I'm now 22 weeks and have but back on about 5lb of those initial 10lb I lost. So still down about 5lb overall.

Same thing happened on my daughter. I was probably the same weight at 9 months that I would have been at the start of the pregnancy but lost weight initially and then slowly gained it again over the pregnancy. It was great though, i was significantly lighter once I gave birth.

Maternity leave and meeting people for coffee and being able to eat cake etc again quickly undone it all tho

• Advertisement

awny wrote:
    Ladies can I ask a personal question? How is the weight going for Ye? I seem to be gaining a lot of weight (or it feels like it!). I don’t think I gained as much as quickly on my last pregnancy? I gained 2 stone in 36ish weeks. I’m a size 8 and about 9 and a half stone pre pregnant. I’ve gained about 12 pounds and I’m only 21 weeks?! 🙈🙈

I gained a good bit of weight while on maternity leave last time, haven't lost it and don't care. Haven't weighed myself since I got pregnant and dont see the point in it personally, no way to know how much is baby and how much is biscuits/pizza/crisps. I go funny with food when pregnant so I just eat what I can when I can and I'm not going to punish myself. The older and wiser I get the more I detest the whole diet industry/making us hate ourselves for our weight/feel guilty about eating, so I'm just choosing not to hate myself anymore and in doing so I'm not caring about my weight.

Sorry for the rant at the end there I'm not saying you being concerned about your weight is anything like what I've described there, that's just my relationship with the whole thing!

I gained a good bit of weight while on maternity leave last time, haven't lost it and don't care. Haven't weighed myself since I got pregnant and dont see the point in it personally, no way to know how much is baby and how much is biscuits/pizza/crisps. I go funny with food when pregnant so I just eat what I can when I can and I'm not going to punish myself. The older and wiser I get the more I detest the whole diet industry/making us hate ourselves for our weight/feel guilty about eating, so I'm just choosing not to hate myself anymore and in doing so I'm not caring about my weight.

Sorry for the rant at the end there I'm not saying you being concerned about your weight is anything like what I've described there, that's just my relationship with the whole thing!

Don’t worry, no offense taken! x

Ordered a few bits on zara for baba & it arrived today. Oh my god the stuff is adorable and quality is unreal. I got loads of their knitwear stuff. Arrived in a few days.

I apologise in advance if you spend a fortune like I did. I may or may not have reordered lots of the stuff today but in bigger sizes.

Ordered a few bits on zara for baba & it arrived today. Oh my god the stuff is adorable and quality is unreal. I got loads of their knitwear stuff. Arrived in a few days.

I apologise in advance if you spend a fortune like I did. I may or may not have reordered lots of the stuff today but in bigger sizes.

Is that for boys, girls or unisex? I’ve never bought anything for my LB in Zara but could buy a few bits for this baby!!! I love baby stuff, it’s so cute

Oh my GOD
    Looking at the girl stuff here, and some of it is absolutely DIVINE! And not at all priced like I was expecting!

Must not look

Must not look

Must not look

Finished these yesterday for the little lady. Trying to hold off on buying for another week or two, but I just couldnt resist!
    Used an alpaca-wool blend so they'll be nice and warm and super soft!

They have unisex stuff and boys and girls stuff. Lots of the newborn knitwear is unisex. I bought loads of these bits and also a few dungarees in boys section. I've attached a pic of a few bits I got to give you an idea. Lots of the knitwear available in different colours so while I've blue in the pic they also have in grey, white, cream, pink etc..
    ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Finished these yesterday for the little lady. Trying to hold off on buying for another week or two, but I just couldnt resist!
    Used an alpaca-wool blend so they'll be nice and warm and super soft!

These are fab!!! Fair play to you.

I never think of Zara for kids stuff! Must have a look, great to know they came quickly too. Dunnes online have been great for my little girl here but sizes often out of stock.

Hi all,

I had my Anomoly scan yesterday, all fine thank god. I didn’t find out the gender but I think I have a fair suspicion based on my first pregnancy. My little boy was measuring bigger than average at the anomaly scan and continued to get bigger as the pregnancy went on. He was born at 36 weeks weighing 7 and a half pounds. Anyway, low and behold this baby is also measuring big so my suspicion is that it’s another boy. Just wondering did any of ye ladies on here have babies that measured big that were girls?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

awny wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had my Anomoly scan yesterday, all fine thank god. I didn’t find out the gender but I think I have a fair suspicion based on my first pregnancy. My little boy was measuring bigger than average at the anomaly scan and continued to get bigger as the pregnancy went on. He was born at 36 weeks weighing 7 and a half pounds. Anyway, low and behold this baby is also measuring big so my suspicion is that it’s another boy. Just wondering did any of ye ladies on here have babies that measured big that were girls?!

Just reading random threads while feeding my baby and thought I’d answer you on this ... my girl (2nd baby) was almost a pound heavier than my boy at birth. She was 3 days early and he was 10 days late so I wouldn’t be reading too much into your scan measurements yet!

bee06 wrote: »
    Just reading random threads while feeding my baby and thought I’d answer you on this ... my girl (2nd baby) was almost a pound heavier than my boy at birth. She was 3 days early and he was 10 days late so I wouldn’t be reading too much into your scan measurements yet!

Thanks Bee. I remember reading the random threads myself feeding my first, hope all going well with you and baba x

Hi all,

Can't comment on boys, but all three of my girls measured big. It's the luck of the draw really - this pregnancy has been totally different for me in terms of cravings, sickness - you name it, and it's a third girl :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thanks Bee. I remember reading the random threads myself feeding my first, hope all going well with you and baba x

Due the very end of August....two previous boys both always measured big....crazy crazy percentiles 99th etc.
    We are having a girl now and measurements are much smaller....like all around 50th percentiles max on everything etc.
    I had the anomaly scan done at 20 weeks I can’t remember what the baby weighed....it might be in my handbag!
    This pregnancy feels completely different. I said it myself from about 8 weeks. My Mum was overdue on all the girls but early on my brother!! It could be a September baby yet!!!!

Millem wrote: »
    Due the very end of August....two previous boys both always measured big....crazy crazy percentiles 99th etc.
    We are having a girl now and measurements are much smaller....like all around 50th percentiles max on everything etc.
    I had the anomaly scan done at 20 weeks I can’t remember what the baby weighed....it might be in my handbag!
    This pregnancy feels completely different. I said it myself from about 8 weeks. My Mum was overdue on all the girls but early on my brother!! It could be a September baby yet!!!!

Aw that’s lovely! This baby is measuring in big percentiles as well. That’s gas that you had a feeling about having a girl. I initially thought that this baby was a girl too as my pregnancy is different but I’m thrown after yesterday! My sister was the same with her boy and girl. My nephew came three weeks earlier and my niece came overdue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Everything’s great, thanks. 10 weeks on Monday. The time flies by when you already have a toddler.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ardgorm

Girls I hope you dont mind me popping over from the October thread it's very quiet there.

I'm just wondering how your energy levels have been in 2nd trimester. You read so much about having more energy in 2nd trimester but I feel like I'm more tired than I was in my 1st!

I have been doing a lot of work to the house and come 6 I clock I'm stuck to the sofa ready to sleep, maybe this is normal and I need to slow down? Getting my iron checked just incase, 1st pregnancy so I dont know what's normal its just making me a bit anxious

Ardgorm wrote: »
    Girls I hope you dont mind me popping over from the October thread it's very quiet there.

I'm just wondering how your energy levels have been in 2nd trimester. You read so much about having more energy in 2nd trimester but I feel like I'm more tired than I was in my 1st!

I have been doing a lot of work to the house and come 6 I clock I'm stuck to the sofa ready to sleep, maybe this is normal and I need to slow down? Getting my iron checked just incase, 1st pregnancy so I dont know what's normal its just making me a bit anxious

My energy levels are up and down but you could definitely be over-doing it as I'm in the same boat. Definitely does no harm to get the iron levels checked regardless, because it does tend to drop around now. I had low iron with both my previous pregnancies and I found that by early evening I was so tired it almost felt like I was drugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Ardgorm wrote: »

I am definitely more tired than I was in the 1st trimester, but I didn't suffer with extreme fatigue then like some people do. Definitely good & bad days, but as soon as I sit done in the evening I find myself falling asleep - I find taking naps can help if I need to stay up later into the evening & lots of veg helps too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Ardgorm

Thanks girls, glad to hear I'm not alone, I didnt have extreme fatigue in 1st trimester the way some people describe either but definitely feeling different in myself now, probably normal pregnancy feeling but when it's your 1st it's hard to know. I know theres no normal either, everyone's different but I feel a lot more reassured now and will hopefully know by end of week if iron is low just to be safe. I think I need to remind myself I'm growing a tiny human sometimes just and not be so hard on myself x

Advertisement