Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Ardgorm wrote:
    I think I need to remind myself I'm growing a tiny human sometimes just and not be so hard on myself x

Yes take it easy on yourself and slow down. I was wrecked throughout my last pregnancy until I finished work, this time I've a toddler and feel more energetic, and I think its because I'm working from home. If I didn't have the toddler to keep me busy I would probably be doing all sorts of jobs around the house but I have to just hang out with her which is making me take it slower. I'm a teacher in a special school so work is usually very busy both physically andemotionally, it is stressful juggling distance learning with caring for my child but it's not as demanding energy wise

If you're in for bloods for your iron, ask to have your thyroid checked too, that can affect energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Hey Ardgorm, how many weeks are you? I am 25 weeks now and when I was 23+2 weeks I had bloods done. I have since been told I have iron deficiency so I'm on medication for it. I also had my thyroid checked as I have an underactive thyroid anyways so I was fully expecting that to be low, but it's fine. Symptom wise I actually felt OK... I had tiredness and headaches but I put it down to just being pregnant, nothing else so I was surprised by the iron deficiency bit. Especially because I take red meat, greens, orange juice etc. I'm only a few days on the meds so I'm waiting for them to kick in and see if it makes a difference but it's definitely no harm to have your iron checked and see what it comes back with... Also, maybe not so much house work :) easier said than done though right? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Millem wrote: »
    Due the very end of August....two previous boys both always measured big....crazy crazy percentiles 99th etc.
    We are having a girl now and measurements are much smaller....like all around 50th percentiles max on everything etc.
    I had the anomaly scan done at 20 weeks I can’t remember what the baby weighed....it might be in my handbag!
    This pregnancy feels completely different. I said it myself from about 8 weeks. My Mum was overdue on all the girls but early on my brother!! It could be a September baby yet!!!!

I had 2 girls, and my third pregnancy knocked me backwards!Said it myself too from about 5 weeks, it was totally different and sure enough out popped a boy.A complete whopper, 2.5lbs bigger than my second baby, just 3lbs bigger than my first.Not picked up on any scans,literally nothing.And no apparent reason for it.It's a very inexact science!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ardgorm

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Hey Ardgorm, how many weeks are you? I am 25 weeks now and when I was 23+2 weeks I had bloods done...

. Also, maybe not so much house work :) easier said than done though right? :)

I've popped in from the oct thread because it's dead, I'm 19.5 weeks now so they said it would be very early for low iron but they'll check anyway.

Yea weve been rearranging rooms , partner has been great doing all the heavy lifting and everything but lots of hoovering, mopping, cleaning, painting furniture and working from home I think I need to learn to switch my head off as much as taking it easy on the physical side aswell. Anxieties definitely heightened with my 20 week scan coming up too, I think I clean and organise to keep my mind busy and I'm just exhausted and finding it tough. Thanks for listening and for the advice x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

awny wrote: »
    Aw that’s lovely! This baby is measuring in big percentiles as well. That’s gas that you had a feeling about having a girl. I initially thought that this baby was a girl too as my pregnancy is different but I’m thrown after yesterday! My sister was the same with her boy and girl. My nephew came three weeks earlier and my niece came overdue!

Some people say the position of your placenta can determine the gender!! Again I am sure there is no concrete data on this! My placenta is anterior upper at my anomaly scan. I never had it there before as my consultant said not to worry re kicks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Millem wrote: »
    Some people say the position of your placenta can determine the gender!! Again I am sure there is no concrete data on this! My placenta is anterior upper at my anomaly scan. I never had it there before as my consultant said not to worry re kicks!

Mine was posterior on my last two pregnancies and anterior upper on this one, so I think its safe to say anecdotally that it doesn't determine the gender :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Yeah mines been upper anterior this one and last one. Girl last time, boy this time so doesnt apply here.

Hey ladies, how is everyone? Have any of you started to buy big things yet? We have a few bits already. When do you plan on washing baby's clothes? I washed the ones I took from the attic but that's about all I've done. Don't know when to wash the new ones?.

Hey ladies, how is everyone? Have any of you started to buy big things yet? We have a few bits already. When do you plan on washing baby's clothes? I washed the ones I took from the attic but that's about all I've done. Don't know when to wash the new ones?.

I did the same. Went through my daughters stuff to see what we could reuse and washed those few bits as they were musty from being in the attic. Only bought a few bits of clothes last week. Havent washed any of that yet.

Thankfully dont really need any big ticket items this time. Have the big things like buggy, car seat, cot etc from first time.

Started trying to pick up a few things for hospital bag just because stock seems low everywhere and delivery times are a bit longer. Just ordered a few bits like maternity pads etc from boots. Ordered some pants, pjs & night dress from m&s but selection wasn't reat. Times like this I miss penneys.

Plum Pud wrote:

All good here, we bought one newborn outfit for the hospital a few weeks ago and I was putting in an order for clothes for my toddler on Dunnes site and saw they deliver nappies so ordered some Size 1 for the new baby, just to stock up really as I'll be continuing to avoid supermarkets as much as possible.

I havent washed the stuff we took out of the attic yet, think I'll wait til later in the summer.

Got a call from the midwives today to say my thyroid is finally stable, I've had my eltroxin dose changed about 5 times since getting pregnant so I'm glad it's evened out now.

• Advertisement

I did the same. Went through my daughters stuff to see what we could reuse and washed those few bits as they were musty from being in the attic. Only bought a few bits of clothes last week. Havent washed any of that yet.

Thankfully dont really need any big ticket items this time. Have the big things like buggy, car seat, cot etc from first time.

Started trying to pick up a few things for hospital bag just because stock seems low everywhere and delivery times are a bit longer. Just ordered a few bits like maternity pads etc from boots. Ordered some pants, pjs & night dress from m&s but selection wasn't reat. Times like this I miss penneys.

Yea I hear ya. It'd be nice to just go and browse the shops. I've got all clothing I need for baby but you've reminded me I need to check out what I need. I think I only have one nightdress from the last time and pj's are seriously snug right now 😂

Cash_Q wrote: »
    All good here, we bought one newborn outfit for the hospital a few weeks ago and I was putting in an order for clothes for my toddler on Dunnes site and saw they deliver nappies so ordered some Size 1 for the new baby, just to stock up really as I'll be continuing to avoid supermarkets as much as possible.

I havent washed the stuff we took out of the attic yet, think I'll wait til later in the summer.

Got a call from the midwives today to say my thyroid is finally stable, I've had my eltroxin dose changed about 5 times since getting pregnant so I'm glad it's evened out now.

I picked up a few nappies too.. Must check out Dunnes online and start getting a few more bits like that.

Great news on your thyroid cash q, I know how awful that thyroid tiredness is so hopefully it helps. I've had my dose changed just twice but pregnancy does wonders for my thyroid function... I wish I could be pregnanr forever just for a normal functioning thyroid 😂

Plum Pud wrote:
    I picked up a few nappies too.. Must check out Dunnes online and start getting a few more bits like that.

Yeah they dont do groceries online so I was surprised to see nappies, originally ordered a box of 9 packs of Water Wipes but later got an email to say they were sold out. Nothing else like that really available
    Plum Pud wrote:
    Great news on your thyroid cash q, I know how awful that thyroid tiredness is so hopefully it helps. I've had my dose changed just twice but pregnancy does wonders for my thyroid function... I wish I could be pregnanr forever just for a normal functioning thyroid 😂

Mad isn't it, I've felt great energy wise now for ages, although probably because I'm out of the classroom!

Speaking of maternity bits for ourselves, I still have a pack of the green maternity pads and a pack of Boots ones too left over from last time. Cant remember how many packs I got through last time so not sure whether or not to buy more. Also have some Multi Mam compresses and a lot of nursing pads (is that what they're called? For leaky boobs? Pregnancy brain cant think!), again not sure whether or not to buy more. I defo have enough nighties, pjs and giant black knickers anyway lol.

How much of everything are you all stocking up? I didn't bleed too heavily last time, never really have bad periods and had a section which I've heard can lead to reduced bleeding as they kind of clean you out a bit in surgery - only heard this recently for the first time so not sure how much truth there is to it!

Yea it's true, they clean out the womb while completing the section so that's why you would have bled a lot less than a vaginal delivery. I had a section last time too and they explained that to me and I read about it again recently. I used maybe 3 packs of the boots pads because I hated those green yokes. I'm going to try stock up on travel size toiletries and that and I have plenty of giant knickers too 😂. I want to get cheap ass flip flops though and a light dressing gown

I've only bought a single pack of girly vests so far (didn't even pay for them technically, got my €50 payout from RedCLive and used that to get a few bits, felt bad leaving Little Miss out :P ). I've made a fair amount of stuff and will probably end up making more than I buy by the time she gets here :pac:
    A cousin dropped off some bags of stuff to my mum for me to go through - she had a boy but there's quite a lot with tags still on that I'd be only too happy to snag - sleeping bags, little teddy bear outdoor snowsuits, socks etc. I probably won't wash things until the last minute. Two lunatic children at home 24/7 and my washing pile is big enough, thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

All good here :) I have an appointment this afternoon and another next week to check out travel systems in the baby shops so I'm proper excited!! I was looking at travel systems well before I was pregnant :D I have bought a good few bodysuits and baby grows so far. Trying to buy week by week as it's our first so we need everything. Lidl baby event next Thursday 04/06 so might be able to pick up a few bits there.

anfield90 wrote: »
    All good here :) I have an appointment this afternoon and another next week to check out travel systems in the baby shops so I'm proper excited!! I was looking at travel systems well before I was pregnant :D I have bought a good few bodysuits and baby grows so far. Trying to buy week by week as it's our first so we need everything. Lidl baby event next Thursday 04/06 so might be able to pick up a few bits there.

You legend! Had no idea the baby event was coming up as hubby does all the outings!

That's mad about the section and bleeding less. I never knew that. I got 4 packs of the boots maternity pads. I hate the green ones too. They're too bulky.

I got one box of breast pads and some laniosh nipple cream. They didnt have multi mam compresses. Them straight out of the fridge were a amazing last time to ease sore nipples. Must try get some more.

I got a few mini toiletries but selection was very limited. My mam picked up some black pants. They are hilariously massive. I'm still waiting to receive nightdress and pjs from m&s. I tried to order ones with dark bottoms in case of any leaks. Had navy last time and they were great.

I got one pack of nappies and one box of water wipes. Nappies have 72 size 1s. That be enough? I cant remember how long my daughter stayed in size 1s. Need to get a few small bits for baby bag like nappy cream etc. I had a caldescene spray on my daughter and found it brill but boots didnt have it online. Also finding it hard to find infacare baby wash. Is it still around?

Again I'm trying to get everything online. I haven't been in a shop since March and lockdown began. Stock is limited everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

I have a couple of big things to buy, new buggy and a new car (!!). No room for 3 car seats in my current tiny car.

Still trying to decide between out n about double nipper and mountain buggy duet. Leaning towards the duet I think, more expensive though.

Everything else I pretty much have. I still have a lot of girl clothes from my big girl and my boy wore a lot of unisex babygros which will be fine for this new baby girl.

I’ll wash the clothes with a few weeks to go I reckon. I had to google ‘when to pack hospital bag’ as even though my son is only 20 months I can’t remember. Proof that you forget everything :)

Fecked this week with a uti, on antibiotics, stuck to the couch all day. At least the weather is beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Cameoette wrote: »

Still trying to decide between out n about double nipper and mountain buggy duet. Leaning towards the duet I think, more expensive though.!

Hey Cameoette,
    My sister had twins & she loved the Double Nipper. It's width is the same size as a regulation wheelchair so it fits in the majority of places & it's so light & easy to manoeuvre. She had it from newborn until they were 3/4 & still managed to sell it 2nd hand for €150 so it was a really worthwhile buy. The only downside is the tires can puncture if you're on rocky terrain - it's the bouncy wheels that make it so light, so depending on where you'll be walking it that might be a consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    You legend! Had no idea the baby event was coming up as hubby does all the outings!

Same here - went to Dunnes for the 1st time since March yesterday. Thinking I'll brave Lidl next week alright, although will prob have to be there for 8am!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

Rebel83 wrote: »
    Same here - went to Dunnes for the 1st time since March yesterday. Thinking I'll brave Lidl next week alright, although will prob have to be there for 8am!

I went to my local Lidl last Thursday at 8am and the queue was huge! I dunno if it was because of the BBQs that were on sale that day or if its always like that but I'd say next Thursday will be unreal busy with the baby event. Will have to brave it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Rebel83 wrote: »
    Hey Cameoette,
    My sister had twins & she loved the Double Nipper. It's width is the same size as a regulation wheelchair so it fits in the majority of places & it's so light & easy to manoeuvre. She had it from newborn until they were 3/4 & still managed to sell it 2nd hand for €150 so it was a really worthwhile buy. The only downside is the tires can puncture if you're on rocky terrain - it's the bouncy wheels that make it so light, so depending on where you'll be walking it that might be a consideration.

Ah thank you Rebel! I love all buggy input. I lie awake googling them :)
    A friend got her tyres filled with some gel to prevent punctures. Good to know.
    I live in a village but would like to go to Dublin mountains for trail walks at weekend if I’m able to push the 2 smallies around!

Morning everyone!

Anyone experiencing any foot swelling yet? I'm noticing my feet and ankles quite swollen last thing at night and can't really remember if it happened at this stage with either of my other two (I'm 22weeks). It's been very hot, and I am on my feet about 80% of the day between housework and the two kids, so I'm sure that must not be helping :pac:

I had it a couple weeks ago ShaShaBear when we had a hot weekend but nothing since. I've been drinking so much water though, not sure if that's helping? I'm 26 weeks now so I would have had that swelling around 23 weeks or so.

I'm in such a bad way with hayfever though... Need to visit my pharmacy today to see what i can take

I had it a couple weeks ago ShaShaBear when we had a hot weekend but nothing since. I've been drinking so much water though, not sure if that's helping? I'm 26 weeks now so I would have had that swelling around 23 weeks or so.

I'm in such a bad way with hayfever though... Need to visit my pharmacy today to see what i can take

I was drinking a lot of water but it's waned off a fair bit (I'm terrible at drinking it unless it has a teabag in it :P )
    The hayfever is awful, my youngest has developed it and she just wants to play outside all day long and nothing is helping the red, weepy eyes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Ladies, do any of ye have the Chico Next2me crib?! It’s in the Lidl baby event tomorrow and I’m tempted to purchase!

No I didn't get the next to me but I did get the chicco hug air 4in1 and am delighted with it

awny wrote: »
    Ladies, do any of ye have the Chico Next2me crib?! It’s in the Lidl baby event tomorrow and I’m tempted to purchase!

I was thinking of getting the Chicco next2me magic. It has a sliding panel rather than a zip so I think it would be easier. In saying that its considerably more expensive.

• Advertisement

Can't advise on the cribs as we've always gone straight to cot here!

Advertisement