Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

We have the next 2 me from last time, found it great because it's small and light beside the bed but big enough to last 6 months. It can also be set at a tilt which I think is meant to be good for reflux although we didnt have that issue. Our mattress was too high to attach it to our bed and it's a divan bed anyway so doesn't work with them but it was still perfect to be able to see into it through the mesh panel from my pillow. I'd say it's a good price in there because the newer model with a sliding panel is out now but I never once opened the side panel on ours I just lifted her in and out, and if its attached to the bed surely the whole point is that the panel stays open? Not sure why they have a new type to be honest. I'd recommend it anyway although I'd say it's likely to sell out if they dont get many in.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ardgorm

I thought the next to me could be used with a divan bed..was planning on picking one up tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Got the Next2Me, my dad kindly offered to go get it for me this morn. He went down to Lidl and queued at 7:30. He said only 5 came in and he got the 4th one! Hopefully it’ll make my nights up breastfeeding easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

We have it and used it on divans no problem.

quote="Ardgorm;113633708"]I thought the next to me could be used with a divan bed..was planning on picking one up tomorrow?[/quote]

Great 😀 I managed to get one this morning. Picked up a few cellular blankets and long sleeved vests. The 0 to 2 months are tiny, really narrow. The 2 to 6 months are more the size of 0 to 1 month baby grows I got from m and s, tiny but longer and narrower, I'm thinking I should probably try return the 2 unopened packs

• Advertisement

Ardgorm wrote:
    I thought the next to me could be used with a divan bed..was planning on picking one up tomorrow?

Sorry I just dont know how to attach it? There are straps to attach it to the wooden slats of a bed, no idea how it would attach to a divan, we just placed it beside the bed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Just got word from my sister that I won't have to do the full GTT after all. Due to covid, they're switching to the GCT, which does not require any fasting and only one blood test, and anyone who is positive after that test will be called for the full GTT.

A relief at least, because a 12-15 hour fast is a guaranteed migraine for me, which always causes vomiting (and voids the GTT)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Ardgorm wrote: »
    Great 😀 I managed to get one this morning. Picked up a few cellular blankets and long sleeved vests. The 0 to 2 months are tiny, really narrow. The 2 to 6 months are more the size of 0 to 1 month baby grows I got from m and s, tiny but longer and narrower, I'm thinking I should probably try return the 2 unopened packs

Are the cellular blankets any good? Did they have many in stock? Wouldnt mind getting a few. Might see if I can ask my husband to pop down.

I didnt actually open them out yet, I've been working from home since I came back but they were recommended to me by a another mum who got them last year but that's not to say they're the same. They felt good and there was lots in my local store but that was 1st thing this morning. They had them in very dark grey, pink and mint green. The vests all seemed to be for girls in my store aswell, not sure if it's the same everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Just got word from my sister that I won't have to do the full GTT after all. Due to covid, they're switching to the GCT, which does not require any fasting and only one blood test, and anyone who is positive after that test will be called for the full GTT.

A relief at least, because a 12-15 hour fast is a guaranteed migraine for me, which always causes vomiting (and voids the GTT)

That’s great. It’s the small things that you’d be delighted with!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Really!! Ok that’s great, I’m the same. Very prone to migraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

Morning ladies, hope ye are all keeping well. Would anyone recommend movement sensor mat for under the baby's mattress? It comes as part of some Angelcare monitor packages I've been looking at.

Cameoette wrote: »
    Really!! Ok that’s great, I’m the same. Very prone to migraine.

I dont know if its going to be the policy of all hospitals, but it's how Drogheda is doing it for the forseeable at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Girls I had mine last week in the rotunda.....I had to fast from 8pm then had first bloods at 8ish am, then drank the orange drink, then second bloods an hour later.
    It wasn’t great, felt like I was going to get sick but glad it’s over! :)

Millem wrote: »
    Girls I had mine last week in the rotunda.....I had to fast from 8pm then had first bloods at 8ish am, then drank the orange drink, then second bloods an hour later.

I was originally supposed to do the same, except a third round of bloods. My sister is a midwife in Drogheda and they were just talking about the implementation of the new GCT. I was very worried about it because 12-13 hours with no food or caffeine of any sort (not even allowed to take painkillers according to her) would be a surefire way for me to get a test voided by vomiting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

I know it’s not a great feeling!!

I’m in the Coombe beginning July for this. Might fall in line with the rotunda although with covid the hospitals seem to generally be doing their own thing..

I had them done I think twice my last pregnancy. I tend to have 10lb babies but GD never showed up.

Will be interesting to see this time.

I was originally supposed to do the same, except a third round of bloods. My sister is a midwife in Drogheda and they were just talking about the implementation of the new GCT. I was very worried about it because 12-13 hours with no food or caffeine of any sort (not even allowed to take painkillers according to her) would be a surefire way for me to get a test voided by vomiting :p

They told me they stopped doing the third round of bloods in the rotunda. I didn’t know how much money to put on my parking!
    You are not even allowed water!!!
    I vomited after the final test!!
    Glad it’s over and I don’t have it!

They told me they stopped doing the third round of bloods in the rotunda. I didn’t know how much money to put on my parking!
    You are not even allowed water!!!
    I vomited after the final test!!
    Glad it’s over and I don’t have it!

Oh no! It really is such an awful lot for a pregnant woman to be expected to do, especially when they might have to check us again later if problems present themselves! I've a huge phobia of needles as well, which doesn't help matters!

Glucose test is not fun. I feel ya. I skipped it this time round thankfully. I had GD last pregnancy so pretty much assumed to have it this time round. I've been following diet since I found out. Was routinely in for fasting bloods from 8 weeks and then started monitoring at home from 16 weeks. I'm 25 weeks today and started on metformin 2 days ago as fasting numbers beginning to creep up.

I've been on a mission this week dunno if its nesting or just making the most of having my husband off this week. Have repainted the hall, stairs landing & sitting room. Then have done a big clear out on my daughters old room in preparation for the new baby. Put in the few bits of clothes I have & currently washing all her old sheets & blankets. Absolutely knackered now.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

I had the glucose test last time and thankfully didn't have it. I have the test again this time and it's the week after next, the joy. If they take my magnums away from me I'll be devo :D

Hazelnut button, that is some serious work done there. Fair play to you!! Me and my husband are attacking the spare room this week, can't wait and I really would love to pain my kitchen. I think I still will over the coming weeks.

• Advertisement

Plum Pud wrote: »
    I had the glucose test last time and thankfully didn't have it. I have the test again this time and it's the week after next, the joy. If they take my magnums away from me I'll be devo :D

Hazelnut button, that is some serious work done there. Fair play to you!! Me and my husband are attacking the spare room this week, can't wait and I really would love to pain my kitchen. I think I still will over the coming weeks.

Fingers crossed you pass! Diet is so strict. I'm making s list of all the treats I cant wait to eat once baba is born :)

Painting was expedited by the fact that our 4year old decided to draw all over the sitting room walls a few weeks ago. They had been painted years ago with matt paint so only got worse when I tried to swipe off. So used this opportunity to get rid of any remaining matt paint. In fairness, my husband did all the hard work. I used it as an opportunity to declutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

I'm gonna start reducing sugar next week then cut it out by next weekend in the hopes I pass 😂

Sounds like a decent enough reason to crack on with the decorating to be fair 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

We went to Babyscan today & we gave in - found out we're having a girl & had a lovely look at her in 2D & 4D. So exciting!!

Rebel83 wrote: »
    We went to Babyscan today & we gave in - found out we're having a girl & had a lovely look at her in 2D & 4D. So exciting!!

I go every time and love the experience. Didn't realise they had open appointments at the minute!

Ah that's great news. Congrats!

Rebel83 wrote:

Ah brilliant news!! So exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

I go every time and love the experience. Didn't realise they had open appointments at the minute!

It was their 1st day reopened after the lockdown!!

It was their 1st day reopened after the lockdown!!

Well congrats, little girl here too as far as we know!

Hubby is coming to terms with having three teenage girls in the house at the same time :pac:

annoyedgal wrote:
    We have it and used it on divans no problem.

Hiya trying to find info on this and not having any joy, how did you attach it to your divan? Ours is just a base and mattress, no frame or rails of any kind to strap it on to and the Chicco installation video shows a bed with a sort of frame under the mattress that lifts eg the base of the bed is for storage.

I didn't think it was possible last time and dismissed it over the height of our mattress too but now I'm not sure I had it raised to the highest setting so maybe the mattress wouldnt be an issue, I'd like to try to attach it if I can. Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Hiya trying to find info on this and not having any joy, how did you attach it to your divan? Ours is just a base and mattress, no frame or rails of any kind to strap it on to and the Chicco installation video shows a bed with a sort of frame under the mattress that lifts eg the base of the bed is for storage.

I didn't think it was possible last time and dismissed it over the height of our mattress too but now I'm not sure I had it raised to the highest setting so maybe the mattress wouldnt be an issue, I'd like to try to attach it if I can. Thanks in advance!

I haven’t opened mine yet.....are the straps super long?
    Maybe they only stretch to a divan that come in 2 pieces for base?

Advertisement