Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Millem wrote:
    I haven’t opened mine yet.....are the straps super long? Maybe they only stretch to a divan that come in 2 pieces for base?

The straps are really long yes, but a divan has nothing to attach them to?!

Maybe I dont know what a divan bed is sorry..our bed is

A solid rectangular base
    A mattress

What could the straps attach to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Cash_Q wrote: »
    The straps are really long yes, but a divan has nothing to attach them to?!

Maybe I dont know what a divan bed is sorry..our bed is

A solid rectangular base
    A mattress

What could the straps attach to?

Would you put the base of the bed through the straps?
    As in open up the straps so you get a big “o” and put the base of bed through the “o”?

Mine is still in the box so haven’t even looked at how to attach!

Millem wrote:
    Would you put the base of the bed through the straps? As in open up the straps so you get a big “o†and put the base of bed through the “o�

No the straps wouldn't be long enough to go around a king size base like that. I thought they were designed to strap the co sleeper onto the frame of the bed which wouldnt require much length. I've no problem using it the same way that I did before but when I saw others here saying they attached it to a divan bed I'm just curious as to how I could try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

No the straps wouldn't be long enough to go around a king size base like that. I thought they were designed to strap the co sleeper onto the frame of the bed which wouldnt require much length. I've no problem using it the same way that I did before but when I saw others here saying they attached it to a divan bed I'm just curious as to how I could try it.

Ok, sorry I haven’t even opened it up yet! You could email Chicco they might send you out extra long straps?
    Sure that’s perfect just use it the way you have it before! :)

I ordered 2 sheets yesterday. Sorted through my sheets cupboard. I think I actually have one here already that will fit it! Starting to get a bit more organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Husband did ours so can't help with the specifics but i know from changing the sheets that the straps looked like they were wrapped around the mattress. Couldn't feel it when sleeping and we had a mattress cover over them. We have a king size divan which is pretty high, had the cosleeper on highest setting.
    There is definitely a YouTube video on it as my brother set it up for me in my parents house before.
    We had number one strapped to side. Number two we didn't use straps! Just had it bedside bed and will probably do same for number 3. Just handy for us as easy to pack up for overnights elsewhere. But it can definitely be done on a king divan.

• Advertisement

annoyedgal wrote:
    Husband did ours so can't help with the specifics but i know from changing the sheets that the straps looked like they were wrapped around the mattress. Couldn't feel it when sleeping and we had a mattress cover over them. We have a king size divan which is pretty high, had the cosleeper on highest setting. There is definitely a YouTube video on it as my brother set it up for me in my parents house before. We had number one strapped to side. Number two we didn't use straps! Just had it bedside bed and will probably do same for number 3. Just handy for us as easy to pack up for overnights elsewhere. But it can definitely be done on a king divan.

Ok thanks the Chicco official video I watched didnt show this I must check YouTube. The straps really don't seem long enough, like the bed is 5ft wide so this x2 plus the mattress height probably another 1-2ft, I'll have to check it out but great to hear its possible

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

How is everyone feeling? I'm 26weeks tmrw and find i hit a wall of tiredness around 5pm. Anyone else the same?

Also feel like this baby is sitting down so low. I've a lot of pressure on my bladder etc. Bump even seems to be very low.

I'm back in the hospital on Tuesday. First official appointment in the diabetic clinic.

How is everyone feeling? I'm 26weeks tmrw and find i hit a wall of tiredness around 5pm. Anyone else the same?

Also feel like this baby is sitting down so low. I've a lot of pressure on my bladder etc. Bump even seems to be very low.

I'm back in the hospital on Tuesday. First official appointment in the diabetic clinic.

I'm 25+5, felt like that on Sunday, could barely lift my feet for the tiredness but generally ok.

Wrecked here. Toddler very cranky yesterday, I'd been awake for a few hours during the night so I was tired, then she only took a 10 min nap and cried most of the day, I joined her a few times lol. Today she woke at 4.15am :(

Generally this pregnancy is going great, usually plenty of energy as I'm out of the classroom and keeping on top of heartburn with Gaviscon, aside from cramps when walking some days its grand. Just struggle when the toddler is having a bad day but they're few and far between thankfully. Dreading today though with such an early start!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

28 weeks today so officially in the 3rd trimester - yay!

Overall so far I've been pretty lucky but over the past couple of weeks the heartburn's gotten worse & my lower back, arse & hip are quite sore at night, with radiating pain down my leg - a friend thinks it might sciatica! Hoping it's not but managed to get an appt with the physio at CUMH next week just in case so fingers crossed that will help.

GP check up on Monday for the 28 week check as CUMH are no longer doing them for FTM's - finally getting good kicks/movement (anterior placenta so took until 26 weeks before I could feel regular movement). Had my GTT last week at the GP but they haven't rang me yet so I'm presuming it's ok.

Had a little private scan last week which was amazing, Daddy got to come along too & they did some 4D images & we found out we're having a girl - starring to feel more real now!

• Advertisement

Wrecked here. Toddler very cranky yesterday, I'd been awake for a few hours during the night so I was tired, then she only took a 10 min nap and cried most of the day, I joined her a few times lol. Today she woke at 4.15am

Oh lord I don't blame you feeling exhausted. Sleep deprivation is the one thing I can't cope with. I'd be losing the plot at 4.15am. Thankfully my daughter was a great sleeper. I'm praying this one follows suit..

Rebel83 you're flying along. 3rd trimester already. You'll have to start thinking about getting a bag packed soon. I was crippled with heartburn the last time. I've been OK so far but can feel it starting to creep in this week but it could be a side effect of the medication I'm on too. Have you got a pregnancy pillow or anything to try help support you and take pressure off when sleeping? I've been waking up with leg cramps. Someone recommended an Epsom salt gel & I've been using that. Seems to be helping.

Congrats on your little girl. 4d scan sounds amazing!

Oh lord I don't blame you feeling exhausted. Sleep deprivation is the one thing I can't cope with. I'd be losing the plot at 4.15am. Thankfully my daughter was a great sleeper. I'm praying this one follows suit..

Rebel83 you're flying along. 3rd trimester already. You'll have to start thinking about getting a bag packed soon. I was crippled with heartburn the last time. I've been OK so far but can feel it starting to creep in this week but it could be a side effect of the medication I'm on too. Have you got a pregnancy pillow or anything to try help support you and take pressure off when sleeping? I've been waking up with leg cramps. Someone recommended an Epsom salt gel & I've been using that. Seems to be helping.

Congrats on your little girl. 4d scan sounds amazing!

Yep have all the pillows!!!! My partner has taken to sleeping in the spare room during the week as my sleep is so bad :-(

Must try the Epson Salts actually - thanks for the reminder!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

My wife is 25 weeks along now, she went in to the walk-in clinic for the Gestational Diabetes check today in the CUMH. Just as a precaution , no symptoms or anything like that.

She had rang earlier in the week to confirm it was operating as normal.

They have changed it now so they just take a blood test after fasting overnight and compare it to your previous bloods.

She was after buying the stuff to drink and had it ready, they said nothing on the phone about the change when she enquired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Rebel83 wrote: »
    Yep have all the pillows!!!! My partner has taken to sleeping in the spare room during the week as my sleep is so bad :-(

Must try the Epson Salts actually - thanks for the reminder!

Definitely sounds like sciatica - I had it on both pregnancies and have started getting it in the last week on this one too. It's an absolute pain and really disruptive for sleep, but I found it goes away pretty much instantly after giving birth. And congrats on your little lady! I love the 4D scans and had one on my previous two, but don't know if the restrictions will be lifted enough for me to get one this time around :(

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Definitely sounds like sciatica - I had it on both pregnancies and have started getting it in the last week on this one too. It's an absolute pain and really disruptive for sleep, but I found it goes away pretty much instantly after giving birth. And congrats on your little lady! I love the 4D scans and had one on my previous two, but don't know if the restrictions will be lifted enough for me to get one this time around :(

Thanks. I'd say most of the private clinics are opening back up so you should be able to.

Thanks. I'd say most of the private clinics are opening back up so you should be able to.

Problem is that we're well outside the 20km travel distance of any single one of them, I doubt I'd be able to convince a garda that my 4D gender scan is necessary travel :o

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Problem is that we're well outside the 20km travel distance of any single one of them, I doubt I'd be able to convince a garda that my 4D gender scan is necessary travel :o

You can travel anywhere within your county now - is that any good to you?

Baby sleeping through and I'm here awake listening to my husband snoring. I've come down to the couch and I can still hear him. The rage I feel is not helping me get back to sleep!

You can travel anywhere within your county now - is that any good to you?

Monaghan, so afraid not :P

Baby sleeping through and I'm here awake listening to my husband snoring. I've come down to the couch and I can still hear him. The rage I feel is not helping me get back to sleep!

My husband is an ATROCIOUS snorer. It actually upsets me to no end. Refuses to try anything for it or get it looked at. And has taken to spread-eagling on his back in bed so it has become Snore-Mania! :mad:

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote:
    My husband is an ATROCIOUS snorer. It actually upsets me to no end. Refuses to try anything for it or get it looked at. And has taken to spread-eagling on his back in bed so it has become Snore-Mania!

So horrible isn't it, when he's had a few beers it is really bad otherwise I'm used to it. Slept for about two hours on the couch in the end which is more than I expected to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

28 weeks today, hello third trimester 😁
    How are you all feeling?

Plum Pud wrote: »
    28 weeks today, hello third trimester 😁
    How are you all feeling?

25 weeks on Tuesday, and getting the new GCT tomorrow. Thankfully no fasting and only one blood test, so that's three hours of the day back :D

Plum Pud wrote:
    28 weeks today, hello third trimester 😠How are you all feeling?

Woohoo 3rd trimester! I'm 26w now, on one hand its flying by on the other it's hard to believe I've another 3 months left lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Oh I actually have the GTT on Tuesday and I believe it's the full on, drink the drink, wait, blood test etc. The joys!! But I'll be glad to get it over and done with. I'm actively avoiding sweet things the last while so hoping I don't have it 😂

I had another follow up anomoly scan last week too, thankfully all is good and it was great to see baba again too

Woohoo 3rd trimester! I'm 26w now, on one hand its flying by on the other it's hard to believe I've another 3 months left lol.

This is exactly how I feel too. Feels like it's flown but still feels like ages left. I'm surprised by how uncomfortable I feel already. Think baby is in a weird position, definitely low down and my guess is transverse so sideways across my whole stomach. Find it really hard to get a comfortable position in the evenings. Can only imagine this will get worse as weeks go by.

Plum Pud wrote: »
    28 weeks today, hello third trimester ðŸ˜
    How are you all feeling?

Was flying until the past week or so, think it's Sciatica 🙠managed to get a physio appt at the hospital next Fri so fingers crossed it'll help.

Mandatory masks and temperature checks in Drogheda now, for the first time since all this kicked off!

Barely slept a wink with the sciatica and nerves (I am NOT a needle person), so hopefully there isn't too big a wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lorindol31

Anyone recommend any TENS machines?
    I have a discount code for motherandbaby.ie so was going to try order one today. But there's a load of them on there. Was wondering if anyone could suggest one that they found useful?
    https://www.motherandbaby.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=tens

• Advertisement

Lorindol31 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend any TENS machines?
    I have a discount code for motherandbaby.ie so was going to try order one today. But there's a load of them on there. Was wondering if anyone could suggest one that they found useful?
    https://www.motherandbaby.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=tens

I borrowed one the last time from a friend. Had a quick look there and it looked like the Elle ones. I found it helpful for sure. I was induced so contractions were very intense and did end up getting the epidural but tens machine definitely helped in early stages and I'll be trying to borrow it again this time.

Advertisement