Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Jumping in from October thread to recommend witch hazel for relief from piles. Suffered badly after each baby and can reappear if don't keep on top of water intake, fruit and fibre. So uncomfortable. The epsom baths are great and witch hazel is very soothing.
    Is anusol okay in pregnancy? Didn't think to check, found it very effective post labour. Must stock up!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Jumping in from October thread to recommend witch hazel for relief from piles. Suffered badly after each baby and can reappear if don't keep on top of water intake, fruit and fibre. So uncomfortable. The epsom baths are great and witch hazel is very soothing.
    Is anusol okay in pregnancy? Didn't think to check, found it very effective post labour. Must stock up!

Thanks for that. Yep I read packaging and it says its safe for pregnancy. Using the wipes and cream. Hopefully it starts working and I get some relief.

My water & fibre is really good as following the GD diet. Constipation is not an issue at all. Think its just pressure as baby seems to be lying very low. My bump is really low. Just worried as I'm only 27 weeks so that's only going to get worse in coming weeks & not to with mention labour. My mum & cousin suffered really badly & needed operations for them after having kids. Just hope its not to that level.

Hopefully can stay on top of it over next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

How's everyone doing? All good here. Hit the 30 week mark which is just mad, time is going very fast!! We are on the clear out now and getting baby things in order and also need to start getting my little girl ready to start primary... Not long to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Plum Pud wrote: »
    How's everyone doing? All good here. Hit the 30 week mark which is just mad, time is going very fast!! We are on the clear out now and getting baby things in order and also need to start getting my little girl ready to start primary... Not long to go :D

You've not long to go now at all!
    27 weeks on Tuesday and have my first ever consultant appointment. So used to doing things with midwives but I just feel like this time I've barely seen anyone!
    We have one for Senior Infants and the other for Junior Infants this year, so I will be 100% kept busy!

Still have absolutely nothing bar 3 vests bought for this baby :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Plum Pud wrote: »
    30 weeks on Friday. Starting to (slowly) sort through baby clothes friends have given me to put them in some order & start packing a bag.

Had very low movement on Fri so went to CUMH emergency room that night - lo fine, she's just lazy like Mama!!

My back is very bad the past couple of days, aching into the legs - next physio appt not until Jul 10th so just having to suffer it I guess. Have a lovely haemmoroide at the moment too which doesn't help the comfort levels - oh the glamour of it all. Tried a bath with Epsom salts last night & some cream - don't feel much better yet but fingers crossed it won't get any worse at least!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Plum Pud wrote:
    How's everyone doing? All good here. Hit the 30 week mark which is just mad, time is going very fast!! We are on the clear out now and getting baby things in order and also need to start getting my little girl ready to start primary... Not long to go

28w here, third trimester and feeling it! So exhausted after the slightest thing, it just feels like the pregnancy has slowed down all of a sudden! Two more days of work til I'm officially finished until next March, feels good!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Coming up on 28 weeks this week. It’s speeding up for me now! Going to look at a buggy today so I’m excited :) I ordered some size 1 nappies in my online shop too, so it’s all getting a bit real! Still no agreement on a name for this baby though. I still have time I guess!

Rebel83 wrote: »
    30 weeks on Friday. Starting to (slowly) sort through baby clothes friends have given me to put them in some order & start packing a bag.

Had very low movement on Fri so went to CUMH emergency room that night - lo fine, she's just lazy like Mama!!

My back is very bad the past couple of days, aching into the legs - next physio appt not until Jul 10th so just having to suffer it I guess. Have a lovely haemmoroide at the moment too which doesn't help the comfort levels - oh the glamour of it all. Tried a bath with Epsom salts last night & some cream - don't feel much better yet but fingers crossed it won't get any worse at least!!

Glad to hear all OK. Thats very scary.

I feel your pain on the haemorrhoids. I'm really suffering. I'm up walking the floors at night I'm in such pain. I'm in the hospital Tues so gonna ask if they can do anything for me. I dunno how i will cope with the pain for last trimester.

I'm 28 weeks so officially in the last trimester. Definitely feeling more tired too. Fasting blood sugars are still being a pain in the ass. I've a feeling they're gonna suggest insulin on Tues. All depends on how baby is measuring. Praying he's measuring ok and I can avoid it if at all possible. Feeling very fed up this week and wish I could fast forward to September.

Feeling very fed up this week and wish I could fast forward to September.

Awww I feel for you, I'm not quite fed up but I can't believe how long is left. I got a great start on my hospital bags today so that perked me up a bit :)

Hope things go well for you in the hospital this week!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Awww I feel for you, I'm not quite fed up but I can't believe how long is left. I got a great start on my hospital bags today so that perked me up a bit :)

Hope things go well for you in the hospital this week!

Thanks for that. I was in the chemist the other day buying haemorrhoid cream and gaviscon. The girl behind the counter just laughed & said the joys of pregnancy eh?

Feels like forever left. Haven't even looked at hospital bags yet.

• Advertisement

Awwww I have been buying a lot of Gaviscon, luckily escaped the haemorrhoids so far, never got them in my last pregnancy so hoping to escape this time too!

It really does feel like forever left, I don't know how we are meant to do another 12 weeks of this...I'm banking on needing to deliver at 37weeks as I did on my daughter but so far this baby is measuring big (well, 5 days ahead so not massive but not small), and I really shouldn't be wishing pre eclampsia on myself just for an early delivery lol...39 weeks for my section anyway, so 11 weeks max!

Awwww I have been buying a lot of Gaviscon, luckily escaped the haemorrhoids so far, never got them in my last pregnancy so hoping to escape this time too!

It really does feel like forever left, I don't know how we are meant to do another 12 weeks of this...I'm banking on needing to deliver at 37weeks as I did on my daughter but so far this baby is measuring big (well, 5 days ahead so not massive but not small), and I really shouldn't be wishing pre eclampsia on myself just for an early delivery lol...39 weeks for my section anyway, so 11 weeks max!

I hear you! I was induced at 39weeks for GD last time & will prob be induced again this time too so prob only 10-11weeks too. Isn't it awful that we're wishing it away??

Em....no it's not awful at all :P
    I remember on my last pregnancy someone in work (mum of 3 teens) saying "I loved being pregnant" and I felt so guilty for ages for not loving it..like I'm so grateful and I do love being pregnant for many reasons, but its no picnic. Last time my thyroid consultant said something to me like
    "Pregnancy is a medical condition. Society paints it like you should be walking on air, glowing, but it's a tough toll on your body"
    And he was so right, it's ok to feel like this is all consuming and wanting to get to the end. I've been surprised by this pregnancy for the majority of the time in that it flew by, I've had good energy, no major complaints and thought "wow, I could do this again and again!" ...but its just slowed down so much in the past week, I'm so tired by the smallest thing and feeling huge, I can't wait to have the baby in my arms and I don't feel bad about that for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Premem

Been a while since I was on so hi to everyone again, reading this it feels like I could have written it 🙈 28 weeks now, it’s my second pregnancy and flew through my first one with a boy, having a girl this time and I am just tortured with everything except for haemorrhoids, last few weeks have been filled with the joys of back ache, sciatica, glucose is borderline, reflux, dry mouth at night keeping me awake .. I could go on, taking probiotics for the reflux and find they really help with the burning pain .. can’t stomach gaviscon
    Had my first at 37 weeks waters broke so hoping for something similar this time, back at work now and training in my replacement so the tiredness level is through the roof, worked two jobs last time never took a fidge out of me, this time I can barely sit at a desk, baby lying so low I have awful pains on my left side
    Little man starting school too so it’s all go trying to get organised before baby steals his thunder

We ended up tearing the attic apart yesterday and getting everything, except the cot, down so I've a fair bit of washing. We went through all the pink clothes and separated them so I'll wash the newborn pinks to have ready incase we bring home a girl :) painter is coming today to get started on my nursery so can't wait for that :D

Ladies I'm with u all I think... While I've 10 weeks to go it still feels like a lifetime away but I look back at the last 30 and think where did it go??? I'm not back to the hospital for 2 more weeks but I feel like it's ages away!!

Premem, same as yourself, I have a 5 year old starting primary and I really need to get her sorted before this babog arrives. We ordered her books and I will get her uniform this week I think

Plum Pud wrote:
    We ended up tearing the attic apart yesterday and getting everything, except the cot, down so I've a fair bit of washing. We went through all the pink clothes and separated them so I'll wash the newborn pinks to have ready incase we bring home a girl

I had separated out the pink stuff a few weeks ago but only washed the neutral stuff just yesterday. We have about 20 vests and 20 babygros in whites/yellows/greys so will use them for the first few days anyway and if it's a girl the pink stuff is ready to be washed. My best friend had a boy in January and shes keeping everything for me in case this is a boy which is great!

The only thing we need to get now is a new mattress for the Chico next 2 me; has anyone else bought one recently? Any recommendations on where to buy?

Feeling very fed up this week and wish I could fast forward to September.

I can absolutely relate! I would love if it was September now.

I have escaped the piles but I am having serious issues with varicose veins, both legs and down below, and the pain is bad. I can still walk but standing is not really doable anymore.

I have always found pregnancy not the greatest time. I love the newborn phase! If I could skip the pregnancy and just keep having newborns that would be super.

I have two hospital appointments this week and I am excited, every appointment is one step closer to the baby:)

My eldest is in Senior Infants this sept so I am getting ahead of myself and ordering the books today, who am I!

Em....no it's not awful at all :P
    I remember on my last pregnancy someone in work (mum of 3 teens) saying "I loved being pregnant" and I felt so guilty for ages for not loving it..like I'm so grateful and I do love being pregnant for many reasons, but its no picnic. Last time my thyroid consultant said something to me like
    "Pregnancy is a medical condition. Society paints it like you should be walking on air, glowing, but it's a tough toll on your body"
    And he was so right, it's ok to feel like this is all consuming and wanting to get to the end. I've been surprised by this pregnancy for the majority of the time in that it flew by, I've had good energy, no major complaints and thought "wow, I could do this again and again!" ...but its just slowed down so much in the past week, I'm so tired by the smallest thing and feeling huge, I can't wait to have the baby in my arms and I don't feel bad about that for a second.

This post has made me feel so much better. You all have. I have felt like such a miserable ungrateful wench the last few days. But you are 100% right. It is a toll on the body. People don't talk about all of these issues that we have to deal with.

Fingers crossed we all get some relief & we're in the newborn bubble enjoying the snuggles soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Rebel83 wrote: »

Same here with haemorrhoid! Oh the glamour of pregnancy! You have my sympathies!

This post has made me feel so much better. You all have. I have felt like such a miserable ungrateful wench the last few days. But you are 100% right. It is a toll on the body. People don't talk about all of these issues that we have to deal with.

And don't forget we have just spent the nicest/easiest trimester in lockdown, away from all our supports, riddled with anxiety about Covid, juggling work from home with children and no usual outlets to let off steam or have alone time. We are so entitled to feel like miserable wrenches every now and then, and it doesn't make us any less grateful for being pregnant or any less excited to meet our babies. We are nearly into single digits in terms of countdown to birth, we've got this!

Now...ask me the same tomorrow and I'll probably be a blubbering mess :P I'm awake since 2am and finally climbed into bed for the night, so I'm a bit delirious lol

• Advertisement

Just saw in the August thread Holles St and Rotunda are letting partners visit postnatal ward for 2 hours - amazing, hope other hospitals will copy!

Saw that yesterday too, Cash Q. I really hope all others follow but especially the Coombe!

I've hit the point where turning over in bed now is an absolute mission that I rarely complete without the loudest sighs and groans 😂

Have to start insulin for my fasting blood sugars which means I'm being admitted to the Coombe for an overnight stay tonight to learn how to inject. Thankfully baby boy is measuring perfectly and have to keep reminding myself that this is to keep him that way. I was preparing myself for this but still feels a bit **** and I've shed a few tears.

Have to start insulin for my fasting blood sugars which means I'm being admitted to the Coombe for an overnight stay tonight to learn how to inject. Thankfully baby boy is measuring perfectly and have to keep reminding myself that this is to keep him that way. I was preparing myself for this but still feels a bit **** and I've shed a few tears.

Sorry to hear this HB ☹️
    Hope your stay goes well tonight and you have a quiet room!

Ah sorry to hear that Hazelnut Button :( perfectly reasonable to shed some tears that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

More than alright to feel that way, hopefully you have a quiet night!

Ah you poor thing, I'd be crying too. Hope it's all been going well and that you get good sleep tonight. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Same here with haemorrhoid! Oh the glamour of pregnancy! You have my sympathies!

Thanks. Thought I managed to catch it early but clearly not - in agony now!! Groan...

Thanks for all the replies and moral support. Just done first injection there & wasn't too bad at all. Just hope this sorts out my numbers & don't need to do insulin before meals too.

Bring on Sept & let me meet this little trouble maker.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies and moral support. Just done first injection there & wasn't too bad at all. Just hope this sorts out my numbers & don't need to do insulin before meals too.

Bring on Sept & let me meet this little trouble maker.

Ah that's good to hear, give it a few days and you'll be a pro. Trouble makers indeed, they've no idea what they put us through to get them here!

Advertisement