Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Thanks for all the replies and moral support. Just done first injection there & wasn't too bad at all. Just hope this sorts out my numbers & don't need to do insulin before meals too.

Bring on Sept & let me meet this little trouble maker.

Fingers crossed it'll just be the one injection a day.
    Did you get any rest at all in the Coombe?

I was hospitalized (in tallaght, not the coombe- SHOULD have been coombe but that's another story :rolleyes: ) to rule out DVT a few weeks ago (all was fine) and I had the heparin injections in the bump each day. So I was thinking of you going in last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Cameoette wrote: »

I was hospitalized (in tallaght, not the coombe- SHOULD have been coombe but that's another story :rolleyes: ) to rule out DVT a few weeks ago (all was fine) and I had the heparin injections in the bump each day. So I was thinking of you going in last night!

Oh god DVT sounds scary. Hope it's all resolved now?

On a ward with women in early labour so didn't get much sleep to be honest. Lots of groaning & nurses checking them & baby throughout the night. I can't give out though that's to be expected. Thankfully Its only 1 night & nurses looked after me really well.

On a ward with women in early labour so didn't get much sleep to be honest. Lots of groaning & nurses checking them & baby throughout the night. I can't give out though that's to be expected. Thankfully Its only 1 night & nurses looked after me really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Hazelnut Button, how are you getting on?

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Hazelnut Button, how are you getting on?

Home & all. I got out just after 1pm so wasn't too bad. I'm living for my own bed tonight. Ward was very busy & noisy so didn't get much sleep but couldn't fault the nurses & their care. Insulin injection itself wasn't too bad. Have to wake at 3am for next 2 nights to check sugars to make sure I'm not going too low. Just praying the night time insulin is enough as day time one before meals seems a bit more complicated.

• Advertisement

Yep all good which was great. they did a scan and bloods to rule it out.

Oh ya wouldn't get much sleep on an early labour ward alright :( great you were able to get home after. Hope the daily injections are going ok.

Was in the Coombe today and it was so quiet once I was in, was seen only 10 mins after appointment time! Still couldn't get parking outside of course :o

That's the worst about the carpark isn't it Cameoette!! How did your appointment go?

Yep all good which was great. they did a scan and bloods to rule it out.

Oh ya wouldn't get much sleep on an early labour ward alright :( great you were able to get home after. Hope the daily injections are going ok.

Was in the Coombe today and it was so quiet once I was in, was seen only 10 mins after appointment time! Still couldn't get parking outside of course :o

Doesn't help with all the work going on as loads of spaces not in use. What time were you in for? I find if its any later than 8.30am you have to queue to get into the car park. Hope all went well.

Injections are going OK so far. Numbers still not under what they would like so thats a bit frustrating. Feel absolutely wiped since starting the insulin. Assume its just my body adjusting. Got a prescription for scheriproct in the hospital & its really helping the haemorrhoid issue. Not nearly as sore as I was.

How are the rest of you ladies feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Doesn't help with all the work going on as loads of spaces not in use. What time were you in for? I find if its any later than 8.30am you have to queue to get into the car park. Hope all went well.

Injections are going OK so far. Numbers still not under what they would like so thats a bit frustrating. Feel absolutely wiped since starting the insulin. Assume its just my body adjusting. Got a prescription for scheriproct in the hospital & its really helping the haemorrhoid issue. Not nearly as sore as I was.

How are the rest of you ladies feeling?

I'm at the midwife clinic next week, rather than the hospital for my 32 week appt - as CUMH have moved all the low risk antenatal to the community clinic & away from the hospital. I presume the nurses can't prescribe Sheriproct & I'll need to either wait to see my GP at 34 weeks or pay to see him before? The Anusol are just about keeping it at bay.

Rebel83 wrote: »
    I'm at the midwife clinic next week, rather than the hospital for my 32 week appt - as CUMH have moved all the low risk antenatal to the community clinic & away from the hospital. I presume the nurses can't prescribe Sheriproct & I'll need to either wait to see my GP at 34 weeks or pay to see him before? The Anusol are just about keeping it at bay.

Could you ring your GP & ask him to prescribe it over the phone maybe? In the hospital midwives said a doctor had to prescribe it. They couldn't..

• Advertisement

Could you ring your GP & ask him to prescribe it over the phone maybe? In the hospital midwives said a doctor had to prescribe it. They couldn't..

Ya I might phone him next week. Thanks!

Plum Pud wrote: »
    That's the worst about the carpark isn't it Cameoette!! How did your appointment go?

All good thanks :) Baby is breech. She's been breech twice now on scans. It's most likely an elective c/s anyway so I don't really mind. It does explain where I'm feeling kicks though! And heartburn seems extra bad. I need to get the bile and liver function tests done as I am very itchy, just my arms but it's every day now and worse at night. So back in next week for that. Needed to be fasting for them so getting done today not an option.
    Consultant talking about c section at 39 weeks at latest but possibly earlier depending on how my fluids around baby are looking; so far they are fine. I've never met my babies earlier than 41 weeks so this is new for me.

Hazelnut button I was in for 10.50. I parked on Reuben st across the way which was fine as not too far to walk.

Ordered the double buggy! Not coming in to shops til end Aug. They (eurobaby) said massive delays on everything with covid and supply chains being affected. Went with mountain buggy duet. The carseat being able to click on to it was what sold it to my husband over the out n'about. I was easy either way really. My 22 month keeps asking to see photos of it. If only he knew he's going to be sharing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Cameoette wrote:
    Was in the Coombe today and it was so quiet once I was in, was seen only 10 mins after appointment time! Still couldn't get parking outside of course

Its been so nice and quiet in there hasnt it, I hope it stays that way til September! Parking is always a nightmare, I usually turn down the side street beside Lidl and park in one of the little roads there, no parking meters and always find a spot easy enough. Only about 5 minutes walk to the hospital then.

I'm 29weeks tomorrow, not sleeping well at all this week, aching all over from the lack of rest, can't settle tonight either even though I am exhausted, so frustrating.

I had a checkup today with the nurse at my GP, all perfectly well, heartbeat strong on the doppler, BP and urine fine so all good. Back in the coombe at 32w for consultant appt and a growth scan. Looking forward to that as it should hopefully tell us if this baby is on track or not, so far so good but my daughter measured 5lbs5oz so they're keeping an eye on it which is great.

Cameoette I'm glad to hear everything is good, minus the breech bit. Hopefully he or she turns abd stays in position soon :) I've opted for elective Sr toon too at 39 weeks. Did they give you a date or tell you when you will get your date? Like if your clinic is a Friday, woukd you be admitted on a Friday? I've all these things running through my head 😂

Cash Q, yep a total nightmare. I'm lucky that all my appointments have been between 7.30 and 8.30am so I've been in and out which is grand and never an issue with parking. It's mad that you are getting a growth scan... Its never been mentioned to me abd my baby was born the same time and weight as yours... I might mention it when I'm in for my 32 wk appt and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

I'm at the midwife clinic next week, rather than the hospital for my 32 week appt - as CUMH have moved all the low risk antenatal to the community clinic & away from the hospital.

Is that Carrigaline by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

This little lady was breech at her 10.30am growth scan last Tuesday. She was head-down and ready to rock at the consultant appointment at 5pm that evening :pac:

Although I knew it, we were out walking and she made her change in position very much my problem :o

Still have nothing bought, but hoping to go to Smyths in the next week or two to pick up the travel system and cot and then it's hopefully just a matter of clothes and a breast pump!

Breech baby here too but I think my daughter was breech around this time too and she was head down when needed. Still plenty of time.

I don't think they book you for growth scan unless there's a reason. I'm booked for a detailed growth scan around 36weeks I think but only because of the diabetes as a side effect can be baby getting too big or too much fluid around them. Consultant checks the size every 2nd appointment & thankfully all has been measuring spot on so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I don't think they book you for growth scan unless there's a reason.

I'm having growth scans because of my BMI. Can't say I don't enjoy all the extra chances to watch her grow, but it's a real pain in the behind taking the hour drive and paying all that parking just because I have too much junk in my trunk :p

anfield90 wrote: »
    Is that Carrigaline by any chance?

Yep down in Carrigaline. I haven't been there before but a friend was there on 2 of hers & said they are lovely. It's 3 times the journey for me than CUMH is, but my sister lives down there so I'll stop by after for dinner, so win win!!

Yep down in Carrigaline. I haven't been there before but a friend was there on 2 of hers & said they are lovely. It's 3 times the journey for me than CUMH is, but my sister lives down there so I'll stop by after for dinner, so win win!!

Nice one for dinner :) I was there for my booking but I live very nearby so it's handy for me. It was super quite at the time as it was just before Covid hit hard. I'm not due there for another few weeks but I've heard such different things since they've taken over a lot of appointments. Some ladies get a quick scan and others don't depending on who you get on the day. Be interesting to see how you get on!

• Advertisement

anfield90 wrote: »
    Nice one for dinner :) I was there for my booking but I live very nearby so it's handy for me. It was super quite at the time as it was just before Covid hit hard. I'm not due there for another few weeks but I've heard such different things since they've taken over a lot of appointments. Some ladies get a quick scan and others don't depending on who you get on the day. Be interesting to see how you get on!

Ya I think 1 of the 3 midwives isn't trained to scan, so will hopefully get either of the other 2. I've an anterior placenta so get very limited movement in general so really hoping for a scan.

Ya I think 1 of the 3 midwives isn't trained to scan, so will hopefully get either of the other 2. I've an anterior placenta so get very limited movement in general so really hoping for a scan.

Fingers crossed!

Plum Pud wrote:
    It's mad that you are getting a growth scan... Its never been mentioned to me abd my baby was born the same time and weight as yours... I might mention it when I'm in for my 32 wk appt and see.

That's mad isn't it considering they were the same weight and gestation..I had a growth scan at 28w too, did you have pre eclampsia or anything on your last pregnancy? I did and they also recorded "suspected IUGR" in my notes but they can't tell if it was IUGR or the pre eclampsia that caused her low weight. At every scan this baby has been measuring a few days ahead or "on the very good side of normal" was said one time. My daughter measured perfectly too but we just had the standard dating and anatomy scans so they didnt expect her to be so small until I was admitted with pre eclampsia and I was scanned and they said she measured 35w although I was 37w

It really is bizarre CashQ isn't it? Yea so I had unsymptomatic high BP and pre-eclampsia on her. I was admitted twice due to protein in the urine and high BP but I had no sweeling, headaches, dizziness etc. Then I had a growth scan at 33 weeks and again at 35 weeks and I was told that she was small, not drastically, but that there was a reduction in her fluid so that's why they induced me at 37 weeks. This time its not been mentioned as a concern, at all my scans so at 7 weeks, 12weeks, 22 weeks and 28 weeks I was told all is normal so I've just gone with that, however, the difference this time is that I am getting high BP and the light headedness and my gp has shipped me off to the coombe twice 😂 I dunno, maybe its just a case of doctors differ etc, and im under the care of anotger consultant this time round... I'm not worried at all thankfully, I just find it mad. But I will chat to them about when I'm back at 32 weeks.

This baby is a mover though. I had anterior placenta the last time so the kicks and wiggles I am feeling is just so alien to me 😂 I love it. Even my husband does be staring at my stomach freaked out by it 😂

Yes Plum Pud mention it to them but it's a good sign that they're not worried isnt it, I'm just glad of these extra glimpses at baby without having to pay for private scans, hopefully he/she keeps growing as they are.

Same here cashQ, loving the extra scans :D

I'm 31 weeks today and feeling every bit of it. Oh my god the tiredness

I've actually been feeling better the last few days compared the 27/28w. If I do end up delivering at 37w I only have 8 weeks left which is glorious! Max 10weeks left anyway of I get to 39w, here's hoping it goes fast!

It's nice knowing that actually isn't it, although if I deliver again at 37 weeks I've only 6 weeks to go or 8 weeks for planned c section at 39 weeks. Although, I'm hoping they'll let me negotiate the c section date because my girl is starting primary on the 1st September 😂

Plum Pud wrote:
    It's nice knowing that actually isn't it, although if I deliver again at 37 weeks I've only 6 weeks to go or 8 weeks for planned c section at 39 weeks. Although, I'm hoping they'll let me negotiate the c section date because my girl is starting primary on the 1st September 😂

When would it be due to happen?

I'm public under Gunther von Bunau but I don't know when to expect to be sectioned, I'll be 39w on the 12th which is a Sat so I wonder would it be the week before that...I know some people can guess their date as their consultant only does sections on a particular day but I don't know if it'll be him or just someone off his team..later in the week would be great as it means less annual leave for my husband to be at home with our daughter

• Advertisement

My husband applied for his 2 weeks Paternity Leave the other day and HR got back to him today to say that the company will be paying the additional 2 weeks Parental leave in full too!!! So 4 weeks paid leave. We can't believe it, so so lucky especially as it's our second and I'm having a section so I was a bit worried about lifting the toddler etc when he's back in work. Hopefully some of your partners will be as lucky :)

Advertisement