Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lorindol31

Anyone getting a babysling? Or used one in the past?
    Wondering what people's thoughts are on them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Lorindol31 wrote: »
    Anyone getting a babysling? Or used one in the past?
    Wondering what people's thoughts are on them ?

I got one gifted for my second (it's not a big-brand or well-known one) and I adored it. She had to wear the hip harness for months and was very uncomfortable on her back, so she spent the better part of each day in the sling. Its great if taking the buggy is just going to be a nuisance and perfect for getting things done around the house if Baby is unsettled!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Lorindol31 wrote:
    Anyone getting a babysling? Or used one in the past? Wondering what people's thoughts are on them ?

I bought a second hand Close Caboo, it seems to be a cross between a wrap and a ring sling. I used a wrap sling a few times with my daughter but found it was a bit of an ordeal to get on and off whereas this seems a bit easier. I think I'll really need it because my daughter only turns 2 just after this baby comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Was wondering the same ladies. I’m planning breast feeding and I’ll have a very active 18/19 month old boy at home... I’ve looked into the sling library and you can rent 2 wraps for €15. I’m thinking of possibly trying out the boba wrap but not sure of others?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Definitely going to get one! my youngest will turn 2 the week after this baby so I think I’ll get a lot of use out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

I bought an Ergobaby carrier on my first on the advice of a friend.
    They are expensive, but foolproof when it comes to putting them on and making sure baby is properly positioned.
    I was too nervous to use it when my baby was very small, despite having bought the newborn insert, but it came into its own from about 6 months onwards. So handy for popping into shops etc and not having to get the buggy out of the car.
    My second is due in Sept and I'll definitely be using it from the get go this time around, especially with a 3 year old on the go as well.

I am finding the baby to be very strong and active today and yesterday, great sign of course but I dont know how I'm going to keep growing/ have enough space for him/her for another 10 weeks! Foot in the rib, a hand in the opposite hip and constant jolts in my belly right now! It's great and I love it but it's tiring too!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    I am finding the baby to be very strong and active today and yesterday, great sign of course but I dont know how I'm going to keep growing/ have enough space for him/her for another 10 weeks! Foot in the rib, a hand in the opposite hip and constant jolts in my belly right now! It's great and I love it but it's tiring too!

Same boat here! She managed to stick her entire bum out one side while I was in the shower and left it there, so my bump was coming out my side instead of my front. That was a center of gravity I was not prepared to adjust to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

How's everyone? All good here. Was in the Coombe for my 32 week check up and scan and all is great, we are thankfully showing no signs of pre-eclampsia this time round which is just amazing, I am genuinely overjoyed. Also got my date for section so only a few weeks to go. I'm now washing all my new bits and bobs for baba so I can get the bags packed this weekend, the excitement 😂

Plum Pud wrote: »
    How's everyone? All good here. Was in the Coombe for my 32 week check up and scan and all is great, we are thankfully showing no signs of pre-eclampsia this time round which is just amazing, I am genuinely overjoyed. Also got my date for section so only a few weeks to go. I'm now washing all my new bits and bobs for baba so I can get the bags packed this weekend, the excitement 😂

Ah brilliant news! You must be relieved. Delighted for ya!
    I’m in for 32 week apt there too end month so hope I get my date then too. They are going to check fluid around baby and decide based on that. I’m excited now. I’m on b12 injections every 2 weeks now in relation to a deficiency I have plus anaemia so I’m hoping they kick in soon as I am wrecked. Toddler isn’t sleeping great either.

Baby seems much stronger lately here too. She’s still breech and facing out. So lots of front of stomach kicks!

• Advertisement

Plum Pud wrote:

Ahhh that's so exciting!! I'm in on Wednesday didn't think they'd suggest a section date yet, great, I'll be asking lol, what team are you with? Sorry if I've asked you this already I forget, I'm with Team B/Gunther von Bunau.

My bags are packed and ready to go although I can't actually believe it's so close to the end...except at night when it feels like baby is about to burst out of me haha.

Yes, I'm so relieved. It's really strange knowing though... I feel kind of weird about it 😂 Cameoette I do hope the injections kick in soon! Fingers crossed

CashQ yea it's crazy exciting. I just can't believe how fast it has gone!! I'm in the high risk clinic and I'm with Prof. Michael O Connell, he's the new master so it's great to be on his team. I've been with him for a few years from a gynae point of view for fertility help so it's lovely to follow my care through with him.

Ha yes I had a moment last night when I was telling the baby to chill.. That the freckle on my tummy was not an exit point 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Glad to hear everyone is feeling well & lots of active babas.

I'm trying not to be a complete mental case regarding movement but finding it hard some days. I'm feeling baby move but its very subtle movements. I dont feel like I'm getting as many proper kicks. You know the ones that make your whole belly shake? He was breech last time I was in and still feeling some weird ones internally towards my bladder & bum but otherwise it's more subtle pressure/bulgy movements. Does that make sense? Also have some periods where he's very quiet & doesn't move at all. Was freaking me out last night. Watching a movie & didnt move for the whole duration despite me poking and prodding. Placenta is anterior so that could be part of the reason. Anyone else ever feel the same??

I'm in on Tues and will be 31+4 so hoping I get a scan for some reassurance.

So hard not to be a crazy overanalyzing psycho at times.

Plum Pud that's great to have such continuity of care, so exciting to have your date.

Hazelnut Button I was thinking this baby is pretty quiet until the last few days movement got really strong, I'm 30+5 but literally only the past couple of days things have really gotten pronounced. Your placenta could definitely have an impact on it as well as breech baby, have a chat with them at your appt but don't feel you're overreacting if you decide to present yourself in A&E at any stage either, theyll all tell you they'd prefer to see you and check on baby than have you sitting at home worrying. It

Placenta is anterior so that could be part of the reason. Anyone else ever feel the same??

My placenta is anterior too and it’s only in the last while I’ve really felt thumping kicks and not small stretching movements.

That said you prob know already but never ever be afraid to pop in to the hospital for a check. Even if you need to do it multiple times. Don’t ever worry about being an overanalyzing psycho and trust your mama instinct, if something feels off get reassurance. I went in on reduced movements with my son and they monitored me for the whole day. I was 37 weeks at the time. They said to me as I left to always come in if I felt like he was too quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Glad to hear everyone is feeling well & lots of active babas.

I'm trying not to be a complete mental case regarding movement but finding it hard some days. I'm feeling baby move but its very subtle movements. I dont feel like I'm getting as many proper kicks. You know the ones that make your whole belly shake? He was breech last time I was in and still feeling some weird ones internally towards my bladder & bum but otherwise it's more subtle pressure/bulgy movements. Does that make sense? Also have some periods where he's very quiet & doesn't move at all. Was freaking me out last night. Watching a movie & didnt move for the whole duration despite me poking and prodding. Placenta is anterior so that could be part of the reason. Anyone else ever feel the same??

Same here Hazelnut Button - have an anterior placenta so really not getting the same movement as what's described as "normal" - the odd kick now that I'm further along (33w4d) but still no big sweeping movements either. They didn't scan me at 32 weeks, which I was a little disappointed about, although I had done to the emergency room at 30 weeks due to being worried about it & they did a trace & scan then, everything was fine & baba was moving away, I just couldn't feel her!

Have 34 week GP check up on Wed, so will just be the Doppler but better than nothing!!

Blopdy insomnia again! Honestly haven't had a full night's sleep in so long. If I'm settled, toddler usually wakes, if she's settled our obnoxious neighbours usually wake me. Can't win! Last night I was up from 2.30-5.30 with her then slept til 10 but I was wrecked all day. She cried an hour ago and settled herself quickly but I'm still wide awake here. It's so frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lorindol31

Fell your pain... Few weeks ago i was clung to the bed. But been waking at 4am recently and struggle to get back to sleep.

Started washing baby bits to get hospital bag ready. They are so tiny!!!

Also got engaged at the weekend. Very exciting :)

Lorindol31 wrote:
    Also got engaged at the weekend. Very exciting

Ahhhhhhh that's so exciting congratulations!! What a lovely bit of excitement for you!!

CashQ I don't envy you with the insomnia. That sounds horrendous. Cant cope without sleep. God love you. Hope it improves soon.

Congratulations that is amazing news. Such exciting times.

After all the talk of hospital bags, I started packing mine today. Have a sports bag for the labour ward and small wheelie case for the ward. Feel like the labour ward bag is busting as it has my towels etc in it.

Was thinking of trying to get a hipp organic starter pack with the premade formula and teats for the hospital just in case. I harvested colostrum on my first but she still needed a formula top up when born to pass her blood sugars. They don't seem to supply this one on the hospitals but it gets good reviews especially in terms of being easier on tummies and not causing as much gas. Ultimately ended up using Apatamil on my daughter but she suffered really badly with wind.

• Advertisement

Was thinking of trying to get a hipp organic starter pack with the premade formula and teats for the hospital just in case. I harvested colostrum on my first but she still needed a formula top up when born to pass her blood sugars. They don't seem to supply this one on the hospitals but it gets good reviews especially in terms of being easier on tummies and not causing as much gas. Ultimately ended up using Apatamil on my daughter but she suffered really badly with wind.

Neither of my two had any stomach issues thankfully, but I used Hipp on them both at one point with no issues :)

Ahh congratulations! Lovely news!

Going to make an effort to get the hospital bag done this week I just need to find my newborn baby vests as I hear they’re quite difficult to get lately. I’d like to get a few new bits for myself like PJs and a nightie. After all my anti-nightie talk I just remembered I need a nightie for the catheter after the section! I can’t remember how long it was in the last time but I feel like it wasn’t removed until the next morning?

I’ve been sleeping rubbish too lately, I don’t sleep well if I nap during day but the last few days I can’t not nap so then the vicious cycle continues! the 5 year old has been a nightly visitor for the past week too so that hasn’t helped the sleep either :)

CashQ I don't envy you with the insomnia. That sounds horrendous. Cant cope without sleep. God love you. Hope it improves soon.

Thanks I got a nap and now spending the night in my parents house in the hope that their neighbours won't disturb us as much as our own, and at least if my toddler wakes for hours during the night my mam can mind her in the morning.
    Cameoette wrote:
    I’ve been sleeping rubbish too lately, I don’t sleep well if I nap during day but the last few days I can’t not nap so then the vicious cycle continues! the 5 year old has been a nightly visitor for the past week too so that hasn’t helped the sleep either

It is such a vicious cycle, I'm wrecked but wired because I only woke up at 2.30pm

Had my 32w appt and no date for section until next time at 36w :(

Just wondering what size baby stuff you guys packed in your hospital bags? I've 3 sleepsuits that are up to 1 month and 3 that are 0-3 months. Just wondering will these be OK or too big?

I've packed newborn/up to 1 month. My daughter was so small last time that that size was swimming on her but the 0-3 month stuff just seems so huge!

I have tiny baby size stuff ready and washed too but this baby is already 4lbs5oz so I dont think I'll need the tiny baby stuff lol

I'm packing mostly 0-3 months. First was 8lbs3, second was 9lbs1. Not holding out hope for a little one this time around :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

I've packed newborn and up to 1 month, 6 of each size. No idea what size this baby is at the moment and I'm a FTM so hoping they'll do. The 0-3 months I have seem so big, I'd hope I won't need them in the hospital!

I’m packing up to 1 month (next, which I find generous) from other shops I’m packing 0-3month.
    First baby was 10lb 4, second baby was 9lb 14, so I guess this pudding will be about 10lbs too.

I've packed newborn and 0-1 month also. My first was dainty and was in tiny baby for a long time but I don't think this one is going to be quiet as small! :D

• Advertisement

Plum Pud wrote:
    I've packed newborn and 0-1 month also. My first was dainty and was in tiny baby for a long time but I don't think this one is going to be quiet as small!

Yeah I think it was 2 months before we put newborn size on her never mind 0-3. Now shes 22months wearing 2-3 yr clothes!

Advertisement