Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Thanks for that. Might need to rethink the 0-3 stuff I packed so. My daughter was 7lb 6oz so think I had her in up to 1 month initially. I might need to buy a few more 1 month onesies.

Seriously impressed. Ordered 3 sleepsuits and pack of vests (both up to 1 month) from Next last night after reading your replies. They arrived at lunchtime today!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Seriously impressed. Ordered 3 sleepsuits and pack of vests (both up to 1 month) from Next last night after reading your replies. They arrived at lunchtime today!

They are so quick aren’t they!!

I have my vests all washed and dry now. Tomorrow the babygros! Still looking for nice maternity PJs online has anyone seen anything?
    Everywhere I look seems to be out of stock.

I have an old one from Penny’s so I won’t be stuck but thought I’d treat myself! Going to buy a new washbag too.

Cameoette wrote: »
    They are so quick aren’t they!!

I have my vests all washed and dry now. Tomorrow the babygros! Still looking for nice maternity PJs online has anyone seen anything?
    Everywhere I look seems to be out of stock.

I have an old one from Penny’s so I won’t be stuck but thought I’d treat myself! Going to buy a new washbag too.

I couldn't find anything maternity specifically so just got bigger sizes. I bought 2 sets in m&s and 1 set in Penneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

@cameoette...like HB, I couldn't find any maternity pj's so I picked up these and they are amazing... I've got 2 sets now and I'm going to get more! https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/spot-print-pyjama-set/p/clp60447749

• Advertisement

Plum Pud wrote: »
    @cameoette...like HB, I couldn't find any maternity pj's so I picked up these and they are amazing... I've got 2 sets now and I'm going to get more! https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/spot-print-pyjama-set/p/clp60447749

Thanks, I just ordered these! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

31 weeks today and growth scan puts her at 4lbs exactly :pac:
    Heartburn is absolutely woeful, never had it this bad (or even close) before!

How is everyone else getting on?

ShaShaBear wrote: »

Same here ShaSha it’s shocking I’m going to ask for the prescription stuff at my appointment this week because it’s the worst it’s ever been! Never had it even close to this bad on the last two.

Same here ShaSha it’s shocking I’m going to ask for the prescription stuff at my appointment this week because it’s the worst it’s ever been! Never had it even close to this bad on the last two.

I'm due an appointment with the GP and I'm actually going to do the same!
    It'll be worth it if she has a head of hair after two little baldies though :pac:

ShaShaBear wrote: »

Thats great news. I was crippled with heartburn on my daughter. She was born with a head of hair. Heartburn only creeping in for me now. Not too bad yet.

4lb is a great weight. Think they put on roughly half a pound a week from here on.

I'm in next Tuesday but don't think I'm having growth scan until 36 weeks. Could be wrong tho.

When are we meant to go to GP? I've only seen my GP to confirm my pregnancy at 5 wks. They refused to see me before 24 weeks due to covid. I got my whooping cough with the nurse at 26wks but was in & out in 30 secs, never seen GP. I'm not worried as I've been in the hospital nearly every 2 weeks with the diabetic clinic so not like I've been neglected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

When are we meant to go to GP? I've only seen my GP to confirm my pregnancy at 5 wks. They refused to see me before 24 weeks due to covid. I got my whooping cough with the nurse at 26wks but was in & out in 30 secs, never seen GP. I'm not worried as I've been in the hospital nearly every 2 weeks with the diabetic clinic so not like I've been neglected.[/quote]

HazelnutButton - if you're signed up to combined care then you're supposed to see the GP at 24,28, 34,37,39 weeks - alternating with your hospital or clinic at 32,36,38,40 weeks. But if you're private or semi private in Dublin if can be different. Might be no harm to check with the diabetes clinic if they are covering off everything or if you need to be scheduling GP visits too

Had a tough 24 hrs - 34+3 with anterior placenta so low movement is always a problem but baba went exceptionally quiet Sun into Monday. Rang CUMH after work who told me to come in, but make sure to have dinner first as they were very busy. That was an understatement!! Got there at 8pm & didn't get home til 3.15am (only 15 mins drive away).

The most important thing is that baba is fine & was just chilling out in a more comfy position where her kicks are through the placenta so I can't feel them & they were very kind in there, but OMG I'm so tired today - despite taking the day off & doing nothing all day. Really looking forward to a week's annual leave next week!

Rebel83 wrote: »

HazelnutButton - if you're signed up to combined care then you're supposed to see the GP at 24,28, 34,37,39 weeks - alternating with your hospital or clinic at 32,36,38,40 weeks. But if you're private or semi private in Dublin if can be different. Might be no harm to check with the diabetes clinic if they are covering off everything or if you need to be scheduling GP visits too

Thanks for that. I'll definitely ask next week.

Glad to hear all was OK Rebel83. That must have been very worrying. Hope you get to catch up on some sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

ShaShaBear wrote:
    31 weeks today and growth scan puts her at 4lbs exactly Heartburn is absolutely woeful, never had it this bad (or even close) before!

If they give anything please let us know! I've had it bad since at least 16 weeks, much earlier last time and I was prescribed Ranitidine but it's off the market now and I was told to stick with Gaviscon. I have a very large bottle on the kitchen counter and a box of the tablets in my bedside locker, sucking one now here at 4am lol. I do find if I take the Gaviscon regularly after each meal rather than waiting for heartburn to hit then it is much more effective, but I don't always remember.
    Rebel83 wrote:
    Had a tough 24 hrs - 34+3 with anterior placenta so low movement is always a problem but baba went exceptionally quiet Sun into Monday. Rang CUMH after work who told me to come in, but make sure to have dinner first as they were very busy. That was an understatement!! Got there at 8pm & didn't get home til 3.15am (only 15 mins drive away).

Oh you poor thing, so worrying and exhausting. Great that everything is ok anyway.

Rebel that sounds so exhausting and worrying, so glad that everything’s ok.

Rebel that sounds so exhausting and worrying, so glad that everything’s ok.

Thanks a mill - it was a very tiring 24/36 hours - staying up so late really knocked it out of me. Baby's been nice & active since which is great - 35 weeks on Friday so getting big & slow now!

Thanks, I just ordered these! :)

Did you get them yet? I've just ordered the third set 😂 the navy ones with the silver have 95% elastin so they are super stretchy and comfy

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Did you get them yet? I've just ordered the third set 😂 the navy ones with the silver have 95% elastin so they are super stretchy and comfy

No but I just got an email today saying they’ve been dispatched so I’m v excited 😆
    I’m all about the stretchy and comfy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

We can officially say we're due next month ladies!! The excitement!!!!

Finally got to get my 3d scan done and Daddy got to see her for the first time! We went to Ultrasound Direct in Newry and they were fab! Gave us free videos of her (including one of her wriggling her toes which absolutely destroyed our resolve not to cry :pac: )

Super excited now!

• Advertisement

@cameoette, I genuinely hope you love them as much as I do 😂 I couldn't wait for delivery so I ordered for click and collect ton Tuesday, can't wait 😂

@anfield90, its mad to think our due dates are so soon!! It's gone so fast. I'm booked for a section though so I'm actually having the baby this month 🙈

@shasha that's pretty cool, glad you both had a really lovely experience today

33w now...my daughter was born at 37w...the reality that baby could be here as soon as 4 weeks is crazy!!! Hopefully will make it to 39w anyway as theres no indication of a need to deliver early but these babies just decide when the time is right dont they!

In the middle of selling our house/buying another and it's a rollercoaster of stress, excitement, worry, elation, more stress..!! At this point nothing will close before baby comes unless all solicitors involved are miracle workers, but it would be so reassuring to have contracts exchanged and a date in mind.

I toyed with the idea of a VBAC to buy ourselves a bit of time with the move but I can't even get through a smear without crying so I don't think I'm cut out for it.

Cash Q that sounds full on for you guys at the moment. Hopefully you get a closing date soon! Not the same but we moved rented house when my son was 6 weeks old literally into the house next door and even that was a lot at the time, but being post section it was pretty good cause I just told my family where to put what :)

Plum Pud I am wearing my new PJs as I type and they are a dream!! Sized up twice my usual size and they are perfect! Got the grey ones with stars, thanks for the recommendation :D

Hospital bag is almost packed. Think I will need two though, the towel and nappies take up so much space. Need to get toiletries but I’m basically done.

Appointment on Friday. Baby is measuring 2.5 weeks ahead. Still breech. Fluid normal which is great! SPD killing me this week though. Should get section date next apt!

Cameoette, so glad you love them... Aren't they worth every penny? I'm off tomorrow to collect another set I ordered.. The comfort levels are insane :D

I also had to do 2 bags and you're right, it's the towels and nappies that take up so much space!!

Does the 2.5 weeks ahead mean baby is much bigger or what do they do in those cases?

Cameoette wrote:
    Cash Q that sounds full on for you guys at the moment. Hopefully you get a closing date soon! Not the same but we moved rented house when my son was 6 weeks old literally into the house next door and even that was a lot at the time, but being post section it was pretty good cause I just told my family where to put what

Yes I am hopeful that I can get my siblings on board for lots of the packing, the new place is only 1km away all going to plan but it's a big job to pack up in an organised way with a toddler and newborn in mind. It'll be so worth it though, our neighbours here are very very noisy and inconsiderate so anything will be an improvement.
    Cameoette wrote:
    Hospital bag is almost packed. Think I will need two though, the towel and nappies take up so much space. Need to get toiletries but I’m basically done.

I've a cabin size case with my pyjamas, underwear, toiletries and all babys clothes, then a sports holdall with all the bulky stuff like towels, pads, blankets and most importantly snacks! I am pretty much fully packed just need to wash some muslins to add in. I've only 2 neutral cardigans for baby but surely they'll do for a few nights post section.

Bloody toddler has just been awake from 12.30-2, thrashing around in my arms but wouldnt be put down. I can't manage the weight of her anymore but she is so clingy lately, only wants me, and my husband is up for work at 5am so not realistic for him to be getting up with her. Roll on paternity leave for him, he can deal with her then!

Wow fair play to you dealing with a move on top of everything else.

I was in the hospital for a check up today and seen the baby doctor too. Baby boy has turned head down hurray! They're very happy with how he's measuring. Perfectly average is great considering the diabetes. They booked me in for a growth scan on 1st of Sept. I'll be 37+4 then and will give me a date for induction then.

The end is in sight...

Wow fair play to you dealing with a move on top of everything else.

We just cant tolerate our current situation any longer so it'll be a huge relief to have somewhere else officially signed for. New bid on our house since the weekend so trying to focus on that as a positive rather than rushing into closing, another day or two could be worth a few thousand!
    I was in the hospital for a check up today and seen the baby doctor too. Baby boy has turned head down hurray! They're very happy with how he's measuring. Perfectly average is great considering the diabetes. They booked me in for a growth scan on 1st of Sept. I'll be 37+4 then and will give me a date for induction then.

Wow that's so exciting. My last growth scan they were happy with how baby was growing so they don't intend to scan me again. I'll be seen at 36w and hopefully getting section date then.

Are they going with induction because of the diabetes? Or were you induced in the past?Sorry if I've asked this already I can never remember this sort of stuff but find it fascinating how they approach us all differently.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    We just cant tolerate our current situation any longer so it'll be a huge relief to have somewhere else officially signed for. New bid on our house since the weekend so trying to focus on that as a positive rather than rushing into closing, another day or two could be worth a few thousand!

Wow that's so exciting. My last growth scan they were happy with how baby was growing so they don't intend to scan me again. I'll be seen at 36w and hopefully getting section date then.

Are they going with induction because of the diabetes? Or were you induced in the past?Sorry if I've asked this already I can never remember this sort of stuff but find it fascinating how they approach us all differently.

Best of luck with the house. Hopefully all falls into place.

Scan at 37wks will be first proper growth scan since 20wk scan. Have had a few quick 30 second ones in the clinic but they're not nearly as detailed. Yep being induced because of the diabetes. Babies can be bigger but the placenta can also deteriorate quicker towards the end, especially if on insulin which I am, so they tend to induce early. I was induced at 39wks on my daughter so will prob be similar this time round.

Best of luck with the house. Hopefully all falls into place.

Thanks!
    Scan at 37wks will be first proper growth scan since 20wk scan. Have had a few quick 30 second ones in the clinic but they're not nearly as detailed. Yep being induced because of the diabetes. Babies can be bigger but the placenta can also deteriorate quicker towards the end, especially if on insulin which I am, so they tend to induce early. I was induced at 39wks on my daughter so will prob be similar this time round.

Oh wow that's interesting, hopefully the growth scan goes well anyway and they can set a date for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 pippin04

Hello ladies! I'm quite late to the thread although I've been a silent lurker for the past week or so! :P

Just wondering has anyone been super emotional in the third trimester? Hormones were pretty settle until but now it's all starting to feel quite overwhelming if I'm honest... Was in the hospital yesterday for the 34 week check up (33+6 today so a little early for 34 weeks) but it all felt kind of rushed, they were a little busy I think, and not back in with them for another 4 weeks. Do have a GP visit I need to make, but it feels like its so far away for the next hospital appointment... I can't tell if my disappointment/frustration/worry here is purely down to the hormones or not!

But glad to read everyones getting along ok and the dates for meeting the little troublemakers are starting to come out with induction/section dates being scheduled!

Advertisement