Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

That's fab Cash_Q! I am so excited to get my date now :)

Hazelnut button in my experience the Coombe started to offer me sweeps from I think 39 weeks on, in total between both babies I think I have had 4 or 5 sweeps! Once they feel your body is ready they seem pretty happy to do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Cash_Q wrote: »
    I'll wear a white carnation on my hospital gown so you'll know who I am :P

You're gas :D I think you might be a week or two ahead of me so we may miss each other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Plum Pud wrote:
    You're gas I think you might be a week or two ahead of me so we may miss each other

I'm actually ages away from my date still, but glad to have a date at all!

36w today, really feel I'm on the home stretch now, although maybe I'm just in a good mood because my toddler slept through the past few nights after a long few months of waking multiple times! Of course I'm awake here since 3.45 but my husband is on duty when she wakes anyway.

Setting up the co sleeper this weekend and have the isofix in the car with the car seat covers drying out. Bags are packed. Nappies in. Formula ready in case BF doesn't work out. Can't think what else we need to do really...toddler turns 2 a week after baby comes so I better get her birthday presents sorted, otherwise I think we are ok!

Not long for you now CashQ, about 3 weeks or so? Hope you managed to get back to sleep? I was awake for a bit too... My bump is just so big now its hard to move with it.

Sounds like you've everything ready to go so although I never thought of getting a formula in just in case, that's a good idea!! I have some bottles and that so I might wash them soon and have them ready to sterilise.

We are so close to September now aren't we? I really just can't believe how fast its after going by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Sounds like you're on the ball Cash_Q.

I'm 36 weeks too and I'm just so ready for this baby to make an appearance. I feel like I've no space left inside my body. I feel like I'm back in the first trimester feeling waves of nausea all day long & tired and heartburny. Literally counting down to the next hospital appointment where I'm hoping they'll serve an eviction notice.

Not long now folks :D

HB that sounds rough though. I have a lot of days like that lately. Finding it hard to figure out what I want to eat! Everything turns my stomach just like the first few months.

I did absolutely nothing this week and I feel so much better for having just been on the couch all week. SPD hardly bothered me so I think walking really triggers it for me. Now my youngest is totally wild from watching TV all week but needs must.

36 weeks in a few days. Back in hospital next week for a growth scan and appointment.
    I need to set up co sleeper and buy sheets for it! Car seat ready. Got new car this week so we have room for all 3 kids now!

Cash Q like that my kids both turn 6 and 2 next month so we are doing a ‘party’ for them next Saturday. Was meant to just be immediate family but now they can’t come because they are in a different county and we are in Kildare. So it’s just me, husband the 2 kids and my mam who lives near us. And a bouncy castle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Was going to ask Ye about the nausea? I have it for the last week or so, I have it bad. No appetite as a result so Im eating loads of cereal as I can’t stomach anything else. Well cereal and chocolate/sweets :( I don’t remember having this on my little boy. I’m 34+3 today so another while to go hopefully. The thoughts of being this nauseous though for another few weeks is killing me.

Plum Pud wrote:
    Sounds like you've everything ready to go so although I never thought of getting a formula in just in case, that's a good idea!! I have some bottles and that so I might wash them soon and have them ready to sterilise.

A friend had a spare Stage 1 Aptamil which is what we used last time so it saved me buying it lol, need to root out the steriliser though forgot about it, think it's in the attic!
    Cameoette wrote:
    Cash Q like that my kids both turn 6 and 2 next month so we are doing a ‘party’ for them next Saturday. Was meant to just be immediate family but now they can’t come because they are in a different county and we are in Kildare. So it’s just me, husband the 2 kids and my mam who lives near us. And a bouncy castle

Ah that's going to be lovely, shame the rest of the family cant make it but lovely to have a party just for them. We ordered a few bits to collect in Smyths tomorrow so will get them wrapped and ready!

We were hoping to move house before baby comes but its looking very unlikely now as our solicitor is off for 2 weeks, but hopefully we will at least get a closing date before baby and then we can start to countdown to that milestone too!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pippin04

You ladies all sound like you've got it all under control And I cant believe its getting so close to September, the days are slow but the weeks are going quickly!

I've also had some of the nausea back but only comes and goes, sympathies to anyone suffering with it all day, really thought that was behind us now.
    Cant tell if its my imagination but bump seems to have a dropped a little over the last week so harder to walk but easier to breathe now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

35 weeks on Tuesday and I am DONE :pac:
    The heat and humidity are flooring me daily, the heartburn is excruciating (and nothing I take works for more than an hour), my legs and hips are so sore that I'm awake about every 1.5-2 hours through the night and exhausted all day as a result. Feeling queasy all day today too!

My two girls are back to school next week and the week after and I'm dreading the logistics. I wouldn't be surprised if they're only settling when they have to pull the plug on it again and I have to figure out how to home-school them both in the Irish language while juggling a newborn :(

On the plus side, all I have left to buy is baby monitors and mattress sheets. Want to make sure I get at least 3 waterproof ones this time around!

I feel your pain ShaShaBear. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and so over this. But, I was telling my husband, I also will miss my bump and my kicks and punches. Such a contradiction 😂

My girl is starting junior infants the week after next so we've had to get everything ready for her which I think we have but we got an email from school to say we have to leave her in the school yard, we're not going to be allowed into the classroom which I must admit has left me pretty devasted :(

What monitor are you thinking shassha? We've gone with the BT6000 based on the reviews, we don't actually know anyone who has it

Plum Pud wrote: »
    I feel your pain ShaShaBear. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and so over this. But, I was telling my husband, I also will miss my bump and my kicks and punches. Such a contradiction 😂

My girl is starting junior infants the week after next so we've had to get everything ready for her which I think we have but we got an email from school to say we have to leave her in the school yard, we're not going to be allowed into the classroom which I must admit has left me pretty devasted :(

What monitor are you thinking shassha? We've gone with the BT6000 based on the reviews, we don't actually know anyone who has it

My youngest is for Junior as well, eldest is only Senior Infants. It took two full weeks to get her settled the first time around, so I'm absolutely dreading it - rules for dropping off are the same here, and they won't be allowed to interact with each other on the playground either :(

Monitor-wise it's cheap and cheerful here. We live in an old-ass house that is very small, so just going for the basic one-way monitors with one plugged into our room and the other downstairs in the living room for night time. Never had a video monitor for any of the girls so happy enough just to be able to hear her if she gets restless or upset!

Cameoette wrote: »
    Not long now folks :D

HB that sounds rough though. I have a lot of days like that lately. Finding it hard to figure out what I want to eat! Everything turns my stomach just like the first few months.

I'm the same. Nothing appeals food wise. But add to that gestational diabetes and having to eat at specific times and following a very strict diet. I'm beyond fed up with food.

On a positive note though, my mother in law got us a voucher for a company that provides healthy ready made meals to take pressure off for the first few weeks when the baby is here. Genius idea I thought. Menu looks decent so hoping it tastes good too.

Cameoette hope the SPD isn't too bad. Fair play to you and Cash_Q managing birthdays & house moves too. Very full on.

Are any of you getting a present from the baby for your other children? Thinking of getting a little gift from the baby for my daughter to help ease her into siblinghood.

Plum Pud a friend of mine has her little one starting school next week and it's the same. Parents aren't allowed into the building. It's a big ask of the kiddos. Its a big day and very overwhelming for them. Fingers crossed they'll surprise you and brave it out. Its equally as hard on parents too.

On a positive note though, my mother in law got us a voucher for a company that provides healthy ready made meals to take pressure off for the first few weeks when the baby is here. Genius idea I thought. Menu looks decent so hoping it tastes good too.

Ooh please share the name of this company!! We are eating a ridiculous amount of take always as it is, and when we had our first I think we had take away or frozen pizza every single night for about a month, gross really!
    Are any of you getting a present from the baby for your other children? Thinking of getting a little gift from the baby for my daughter to help ease her into siblinghood.

We are giving her a little teaset, hoping it will be a nice little distraction to have something new and keep her from jumping on me but I think it's unlikely that anything will keep her off me!!

I have no idea how she is going to react to me being away for the few nights in hospital..she is so clingy these days anyway, maybe the bit of distance will do us good!

Ooh please share the name of this company!! We are eating a ridiculous amount of take always as it is, and when we had our first I think we had take away or frozen pizza every single night for about a month, gross really!

We are giving her a little teaset, hoping it will be a nice little distraction to have something new and keep her from jumping on me but I think it's unlikely that anything will keep her off me!!

I have no idea how she is going to react to me being away for the few nights in hospital..she is so clingy these days anyway, maybe the bit of distance will do us good!

Gourmet Fuel is the name of the company. I haven't ordered anything yet but will let you know what its like.

Kids are gas like that. They can sense that change is coming. Hopefully they'll all adjust without too much upset.

Ah shasha it's so hard, I really dread it but I know she will. Know now different. It's a different story for you though and especially that the girls can't interact in the yard, that's tough.

We got a barbie set for our girl as a gift from the baby so hoping she will be happy out. She seems super excited thst baby is coming soon although we haven't told her when yet... We did have to tell her she can't come into hospital to see us though and I think she's a bit upset about that but she will be grand I'm sure.

Woth regards food, we did a big shop so we've got convenient foods in, not the best idea I know but I couldn't face doing any batch cooking so we have plenty of meat, frozen veg and mash, kievs and the likes, frozen chips, Jars of sauces and pasta and rice. We never use Jars so we just have them for convenience and to try stop us using the take away every day 😂 😂 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Gourmet Fuel is the name of the company. I haven't ordered anything yet but will let you know what its like.

Hazelnut I will be ordering off them hopefully this week!! My husband gets 5 snacks, 5 lunches and 5 dinners from them with Irish life health insurance. :)

I am home a week and we have basically eaten loads of takeaways!!!

Millem wrote: »
    Hazelnut I will be ordering off them hopefully this week!! My husband gets 5 snacks, 5 lunches and 5 dinners from them with Irish life health insurance. :)

I am home a week and we have basically eaten loads of takeaways!!!

Oh brilliant. You must report back and let us know if they're any use and what dishes you'd recommend.

Kids are gas like that. They can sense that change is coming. Hopefully they'll all adjust without too much upset.

Yeah a few people have said that to me alright!
    Plum Pud wrote:
    Woth regards food, we did a big shop so we've got convenient foods in, not the best idea I know but I couldn't face doing any batch cooking so we have plenty of meat, frozen veg and mash, kievs and the likes, frozen chips, Jars of sauces and pasta and rice. We never use Jars so we just have them for convenience and to try stop us using the take away every day 😂 😂 😂

I'm brutal with even cooking convenience foods like that, my appetite for healthy has been pretty bad throughout pregnancy so maybe when baby is out I'll be more interested in varied foods, but it's the effort of standing over something that I might not even want to eat that kills me!

• Advertisement

CashQ I'll probably end up being the same but I'm prepared so we shall see how it goes 😂😂

I'm 38 weeks today and feeling every bit of it. The pressure is unreal, the pain in my hips is awful and the lack of sleep is a killer. Not that the sleep will get any better when this baby arrives 😂

Plum Pud wrote:
    I'm 38 weeks today and feeling every bit of it. The pressure is unreal, the pain in my hips is awful and the lack of sleep is a killer. Not that the sleep will get any better when this baby arrives 😂

The insomnia is killer isnt it, somehow I have slept well the past 3 nights and so has my daughter, it's been having a very positive effect on my mood so I'm hoping she stays settled for the next few weeks!

I found that when she was tiny I was sleeping really heavily so while I was absolutely shattered, I also got really good sleep in the times that I could, naps were unreal lol. Don't think I'll be getting any/many naps with her running riot downstairs no matter how settle the baby is but sure we'll all be well settled by Christmas, right?!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

A tip...if you have smallies that will be home with you, freeze a few dinners for them.
    At least they will get fed ok then with minimal fuss, whatever about yourself!!

shesty wrote:
    A tip...if you have smallies that will be home with you, freeze a few dinners for them. At least they will get fed ok then with minimal fuss, whatever about yourself!!

Top tip...if your child is the type of child that actually eats dinners lol. Today my toddler ate about 5 Shreddies for breakfast (biggest breakfast she has eaten since Friday), a Mamia biscotti finger and a plain brioche roll for lunch, about 10 grapes and about 5 pieces of pasta for dinner. That's it. She'll have 9oz of milk before bed and she might eat a few sultanas between now and then...like about 5 sultanas. She's a grand size and build but I wonder when this food refusal phase will end it's a nightmare!

shesty wrote: »
    A tip...if you have smallies that will be home with you, freeze a few dinners for them.
    At least they will get fed ok then with minimal fuss, whatever about yourself!!

This is a great tip.
    My toddler can’t have dairy, egg, soy, tomatoes as it triggers pretty severe eczema. Skin looks fab now but so hard trying to think of what to feed him. So I’ve been freezing little lunches for him to eliminate one less post baby stress of wtf will I give him to eat! My daughter is also being investigated for coeliac disease so we may have that to contend with too with a newborn in the mix :)

I have a lone lasagne frozen for post baby food for us. Trying to do more but cannot stomach the batch cooking at the mo, if it’s not cereal I don’t want it.

Anyone else get hit with Restless Leg?
    It's probably worse than the sciatica :(

ShaShaBear wrote:
    Anyone else get hit with Restless Leg? It's probably worse than the sciatica

God no I'd say it's a nightmare :( would magnesium help? Meant to be good for leg cramps I think?!

Another week closer thanks be to F!!!! So wrecked, even after a run of great nights, 4.45am start with the toddler today has me shattered. She has zero interest in going to sleep. I'm out of chocolate. It's miserable weather out there. Long day ahead!

God no I'd say it's a nightmare :( would magnesium help? Meant to be good for leg cramps I think?!

Another week closer thanks be to F!!!! So wrecked, even after a run of great nights, 4.45am start with the toddler today has me shattered. She has zero interest in going to sleep. I'm out of chocolate. It's miserable weather out there. Long day ahead!

GP said the only "cure" is labor. 5 weeks of no sleep, fun!

Yeah, the weather really doesn't help! Least with a bit of sunshine we could run the legs off the wee ones!

ShaShaBear wrote: »

God love you. I've been waking with leg cramps but not restless legs. Did I hear tonic water helps? The quinone in it? Or is that for cramps?

37 weeks today. I'm living for my hospital appointment Tues. Praying they'll give me a sweep & a date.

Feeling a lot of pressure and cramping down below. Bouncing on the ball like a looper and trying to get a walk in everyday to encourage baba down. Would love to go myself. I'm ready for baby to make an appearance

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote: »

No it sounds awful though!! I have sciatica and it’s driving me crazy.

Got my section date thank god!!! I will be 39 weeks. Baby is head down and if the growth scan is accurate 8lbs already. I am 36 +2!

Advertisement