Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Lorindol31 wrote: »
    Baby girl arrived a week early at 39 weeks and 1 day. FTM and it's so surreal she's here. Midwives in CUMH are super

Congratulations hope you're both doing well. Enjoy all the snuggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Baby girl arrived a week early at 39 weeks and 1 day. FTM and it's so surreal she's here. Midwives in CUMH are super

Oh huge congratulations! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Congrats! Great to hear all the babbies are on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Lorindol31 wrote:

Ah congratulations that's great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Congratulations Lorindol. Enjoy the new baby snuggles

• Advertisement

5 going on 6 days overdue now - just spent the evening making padsicles, drinking raspberry leaf tea, eating Medjool dates, taking evening primrose oil & just massaged clary safe oil into my temples. Hopefully one of them will be effective!

Really ready for my little girl to arrive & Daddy has already used up 3 nights of paternity leave this week while we wait!! That's the only thing driving me crazy as I actually feel ok physically - his work were inflexible on annual leave so we had to go with paternity leave to make sure he could be off

How's everyone else doing? Lots of babies already here - hope everyone is doing well.

Rebel83 wrote: »
    5 going on 6 days overdue now - just spent the evening making padsicles, drinking raspberry leaf tea, eating Medjool dates, taking evening primrose oil & just massaged clary safe oil into my temples. Hopefully one of them will be effective!

Hope you’ll go soon Rebel! Is this your first baby?

I am also very ready to meet my girl! I’m 38 weeks. My section is booked next week but I’ve been having regular pains all week this week and I’m exhausted. I’ve done a vbac workshop so I feel prepared for either eventuality but it’s nice to have a finish line in sight :)

I’ve been trying to get my two other littles organised, laundry done, food in. Husband has been taking them out to playground and on walks as often as possible so I can flake on the couch. Needing a nap each day now. Considering getting Disney plus to make the next few months easier for me and them!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Lorindol, congrats to you on your baby girl :)

Cameoette, I would definitely recommend disney+!! Anything that can help make things easier is always a good thing :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Camoette, Disney+ all the way.
    Can't recommend it enough!!

Cameoette wrote: »
    Hope you’ll go soon Rebel! Is this your first baby?
    .…

Considering getting Disney plus to make the next few months easier for me and them!

Thanks Cameoette, yes my 1st baby & my partner's 2nd, so we're very lucky to have an excited 12 yr old big brother who's also looking forward to meeting her!

Disney + is great value for the smallies - not sure if they still have the real but I think signing up for the year is cheaper than the monthly price if you're going to have it for more than 6 months.

• Advertisement

Rebel83 wrote:

God love you, I'm only 38+5 and feel so overdue because my first was born at 37+2! Sounds like you're doing all you can to get things moving anyway!

Section booked for next week so I've a finish in sight at least but I'm so ready for this baby to come! Cameonette I wonder if we are in the same day lol? I'm Thurs so hopefully by this time next week baby will be in my arms!

Immense pressure and period pains for two days now and I'm feeling a level of exhaustion I didnt even know existed! Both my girls were overdue by at least a week so even the thought of going 3 weeks early has me in denial!

ShaShaBear wrote:
    Immense pressure and period pains for two days now and I'm feeling a level of exhaustion I didnt even know existed! Both my girls were overdue by at least a week so even the thought of going 3 weeks early has me in denial!

I've had period type pains on and off for a couple of weeks now too, the exhaustion has ramped up the past couple of days too. I just changed the bed and can't get up off it lol

Cash_Q wrote: »
    I've had period type pains on and off for a couple of weeks now too, the exhaustion has ramped up the past couple of days too. I just changed the bed and can't get up off it lol

I'm already in the bed as well! Hubby is pacing like a caged animal because he's convinced Im about to pop but I'm not so sure! God love him, he missed out on everything this time around and for both the girls he was at absolutely every GP and hospital appointment. He is dying to meet her!

ShaShaBear wrote:
    I'm already in the bed as well! Hubby is pacing like a caged animal because he's convinced Im about to pop but I'm not so sure! God love him, he missed out on everything this time around and for both the girls he was at absolutely every GP and hospital appointment. He is dying to meet her!

Ah god it's been a big disconnect for the partners hasn't it, fingers crossed something happens soon! I had a hot water bottle on my back last night it was great, no pains today which is great but I'm just so impatient now!!

You never know Shasha! I’ve heard third babies just throw out the rule book and do their own thing so who knows she may be early!

Cash Q I am indeed in Thursday! at least I think I am, the registrar who booked me didn’t actually book me as they were too busy in theatre admissions so I hope my name isn’t just on a post it in an office somewhere! She was like oh I’ll ring them later so she had better!

Rebel that’s so lovely, her older bro will dote on her. There’s 26 years between myself and my youngest sister and i fell totally in love with her!

Cameoette wrote:
    Cash Q I am indeed in Thursday! at least I think I am, the registrar who booked me didn’t actually book me as they were too busy in theatre admissions so I hope my name isn’t just on a post it in an office somewhere! She was like oh I’ll ring them later so she had better!

That's gas are you in the Coombe?

I was booked about 4 weeks ago when the Dr wrote something into a blue folder and said I would do consent form, anaesthetic referral etc at the next visit. Next visit I was telling the Dr I'm booked for section and she went through the forms alright but it felt a bit up in the air, like nothing in my notes said I was booked in, it was just me telling her. Appt on Wed just gone I was all talk about the section date and (yet another) Dr was on about a bloody SCAN that date, once she copped I was on about my section she went through the standard checklist on the wall in prep for C sections, but I was really doubtful if I was booked at all! Asked at the appt desk on my way out and after a bit of confusion she confirmed that yes I am booked in alright but jeez it wouldn't give me much faith. They also rang me about an hour later wondering where I was, despite having already seen the Dr, bloods, and made my next appt while checking out! Some days you wonder what the hell is going on in there!

Baby boy was born this morning weighing 7lb 6oz.

Was brought in to be induced at 6am on Wed morning but only got brought to delivery suite at 830am this morning. So lots of waiting around to get started. But once started all happened very quick. Went from 2cm to baby being born in 30mins.

Having some issues with feeding & blood sugars so he's currently in special care. Hoping he'll perk up and we'll be home soon. Miss my daughter & my own bed.

Was brought in to be induced at 6am on Wed morning but only got brought to delivery suite at 830am this morning. So lots of waiting around to get started. But once started all happened very quick. Went from 2cm to baby being born in 30mins.

Having some issues with feeding & blood sugars so he's currently in special care. Hoping he'll perk up and we'll be home soon. Miss my daughter & my own bed.

Oh HB congratulations, he’s here! I’m sorry you guys are separated though that’s tough on you. Had this with my eldest. Hope you get sorted as soon as possible.
    That’s a long few days for you with the induction hope you’re doing alright. That was so fast in the end!

I’ve been admitted with an oblique lie so here until section on Thursday but might be brought forward. Wasn’t even allowed home to get my bag!

Congratulations - sorry to heat it took so long, hope his sugars are under control soon & you're home safe & sound soon xxx

• Advertisement

Aw congratulations, sorry to hear you're apart from each other, hopefully he will be back in your arms soon. Sounds like an exhausting experience with induction but great that you made quick progress once you reached the delivery suite.

Cameoette wrote:
    I’ve been admitted with an oblique lie so here until section on Thursday but might be brought forward. Wasn’t even allowed home to get my bag!

Wow that must have been a shock! Were you just in for a routine appt when it was discovered? Lucky it was spotted!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Wow that must have been a shock! Were you just in for a routine appt when it was discovered? Lucky it was spotted!

Yes just a routine appointment! And I nearly brought my bags, just had a funny feeling but then thought nothing of it. Wards noisy here. Labouring women. Husband bringing ear plugs later. All the midwives are like ‘oh you’ll get so much rest here with 2 at home’ but I have yet to agree :) Would love it they brought section forward a couple days. The doc was mentioning steroid injections and waiting until 39 weeks but I’m 38 + 3 now and still haven’t received any injections. Going to chat to them today.

How are you guys all doing?

Wow Cameoette, hopefully they'll bring your section forward alright. On my first pregnancy I was admitted at 36+5 on a Friday and no-one could make a decision because my team were gone home for the weekend. Once Monday rolled around a plan was put in place to induce me, so hopefully on Monday they can tell you what's happening. It is very noisy on those wards with people coming and going in early labour, great that the ear plugs are on the way!

I'm exhausted, woken by my neighbours throughout the night, and our toddler woke from 2.30-4 too, so I've had very little sleep. Cramps in my back too and seems the headcold that I thought had shifted is still lingering a bit. I'm tying to focus on one day at a time, baby will be a couple of days old by this time next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pippin04

Congratulations HazelnutButton! Hope the little man is back beside you soon and you can both get home to your daughter soon

And Cameoette I hope you manage to get some rest in there, hopefully the ear plugs will make a difference when they arrive in!

Thanks everyone. Got him back around 1am and feeding much better. Passed all his blood sugars so hoping we get home this afternoon

Thanks everyone. Got him back around 1am and feeding much better. Passed all his blood sugars so hoping we get home this afternoon

Crossing everything they let you home!! Delighted feeding going better :)

Cash Q what a crappy nights sleep. Not long now though. It truly is one day at a time at this stage!

Yup my team not in til Monday so I think a decision will be made then. So you never know!

Cameoette wrote:
    Cash Q what a crappy nights sleep. Not long now though. It truly is one day at a time at this stage!

Yeah it's been a tough few months with awful neighbours next door,very unsettled toddler nd insomnia so ill be embracing the newborn exhaustion if it helps me get sleep any time I can! Awake since 2am here even though neighbours are quiet and my daughter is asleep...cant win!
    Cameoette wrote:
    Yup my team not in til Monday so I think a decision will be made then. So you never know!

Yes you never know, even though I'm only a few days away from my date, I'm still hoping I might go myself first lol. Hopefully whatever plan they make gives you clarity at least.

Massive congrats hazelnut Button, glad your boy is back with you and hopefully you both got home.

• Advertisement

Cameoette, sorry to hear you've been admitted but fingers crossed there is a plan bright and early tomorrow.

CashQ typical about the nights sleep. Is your house love happening soon? Least you know your end date which is great!!

We are doing great here, can't believe my girl is 2 weeks old already

Advertisement