Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

ShaShaBear wrote:
    11 weeks on Tuesday and pretty much all of my symptoms are gone besides ravenous hunger that spans the day and night (for anything with protein or cheese in it) and my nipples are on FIRE. Glad the nausea and the tiredness has settled down. Not got a date for a scan yet, though

What hospital are you attending? I'd chase that up if I were you, most are between 12-14 weeks I thought, although I know some hospitals vary

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Cash_Q wrote: »
    What hospital are you attending? I'd chase that up if I were you, most are between 12-14 weeks I thought, although I know some hospitals vary

Drogheda. I was late applying for referral with my GP, so it's my own fault. But if I don't hear from them within the next week, I will contact them.

Anyone else hungry 24/7 to the point of feeling ill? I had an entire dinner plate full of beans with grated cheese mixed in, two slices of wholemeal toast and two poached eggs exactly 47 minutes ago, and right now I feel like I haven't eaten since yesterday. Actually shaking with the hunger and my stomach is making me feel weak!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Hi all,

Haven’t introduced myself here yet. I had a previous mmc so I was holding off for a while! I’m 11 weeks tomorrrow so due 29th Sept although that’s not official yet as haven’t had my booking appointment but I’ve had two early scans.

Ladies, I’m just wondering what your feelings are around the corona virus?? I follow drlaurago on Instagram. She’s pregnant herself so has been looking for advice re pregnancy and covid19. She put up info from the Lancet which is a world wide published medical journal. That said that From data from pregnant women, it doesn’t seem to pass onto baby etc but that pregnant women would be classed as an at-risk group because we would be likely to develop severe pneumonia should we be infected.

But there is nothing anywhere from hse or gov in relation to Coronavirus and pregnant women??

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

awny wrote: »
    Hi all,

Haven’t introduced myself here yet. I had a previous mmc so I was holding off for a while! I’m 11 weeks tomorrrow so due 29th Sept although that’s not official yet as haven’t had my booking appointment but I’ve had two early scans.

Ladies, I’m just wondering what your feelings are around the corona virus?? I follow drlaurago on Instagram. She’s pregnant herself so has been looking for advice re pregnancy and covid19. She put up info from the Lancet which is a world wide published medical journal. That said that From data from pregnant women, it doesn’t seem to pass onto baby etc but that pregnant women would be classed as an at-risk group because we would be likely to develop severe pneumonia should we be infected.

But there is nothing anywhere from hse or gov in relation to Coronavirus and pregnant women??

HSE do now have a tiny paragraph on their website basically saying as much.
    I am trying not to overthink it, it’s concerning though. It will be spreading through communities so I think the fact that things like the paddy’s day parade in Dublin is still not cancelled yet is just stupid.
    All you can do is take the usual precautions and follow the general advice from health authorities. A lot of what’s going to happen is out of our hands.

Edited to add; Some good info here (royal college of obstetricians and gynaecologists, UK, guidelines for patients and maternity units)

https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/guidelines-research-services/guidelines/coronavirus-pregnancy/covid-19-virus-infection-and-pregnancy/

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Had scan today and thankfully all ok. Measuring 12w5d so a few days ahead of what I thought. Didn't realise how nervous I was until we came out and I could feel the adrenaline coursing through me.

Had first fasting bloods done to check sugar levels as had GD in last pregnancy. Praying I dont get a call this afternoon.

• Advertisement

Had scan today and thankfully all ok. Measuring 12w5d so a few days ahead of what I thought. Didn't realise how nervous I was until we came out and I could feel the adrenaline coursing through me.

Had first fasting bloods done to check sugar levels as had GD in last pregnancy. Praying I dont get a call this afternoon.

Hopefully you didn’t get the call!

No call today so hoping that's good news.

To all the teachers here, do you think schools will close? The more I read the more I freak myself out. Being really selfish I hope they do so that I can try keep this baba safe. But I'm also concerned about how this will impact exam years.

Great news! Same here, I was anxious and had no patience the lat few days, major relief that all is ok! Put a few days ahead too so 13weeks now.

No idea about the school closures, I think they're going to let it get worse rather than being proactive. The amount of people who won't be able to go to work if their children's schools close will be a big factor...it should be another factor that encourages them to close but money talks and it seems like business is being put before health and safety of the public. We were asked to prepare work packs to send home in the event of a closure, but I think it'll happen with an announcement one evening and we won't have sent the packs home ahead of the announcement so feels like a waste of time unless we send them home tomorrow as a 'just in case'

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

I reckon the schools will be closed within a week or two. I would imagine the govt don't want to make the call too soon, as it is so unprecedented & they don't know how people will react to the forced isolation. We had a staff meeting and everyone was given training on getting the most from Google Classroom. So I think closure is expected as inevitable. I've also started telling my 6th years to start bringing home their books and papers as who knows how suddenly the closure might be announced. In terms of being pregnant, I go from feeling invincible to feeling really worried. But I am being very disciplined with hand washing, sanitizing and disinfecting all the desks, chairs, door handles and light switches throughout the day. I also got rid of my bin and am making students throw gum, tissues etc into the covered bins in the corridors. We can only do so much though. I think that staying healthy and strong in general, i.e getting plenty of rest and eating as well as the nausea will allow (!) will also help us to fight it off.

Got my booking appointment and scan date for Friday week, but now I'm wondering realistically if this will go ahead? Both my kids are off school now and I don't drive myself, so I can't see how I'm going to be able to attend without my kids, who are not allowed in under the new regulations :confused:

• Advertisement

Just got the dreaded call to say my fasting bloods were high :(

I thought I was ok as I had them done Wed and hadn't heard.

Have to go back in 2 weeks for another test.

ShaShaBear wrote:
    Got my booking appointment and scan date for Friday week, but now I'm wondering realistically if this will go ahead? Both my kids are off school now and I don't drive myself, so I can't see how I'm going to be able to attend without my kids, who are not allowed in under the new regulations

I've a consultant appt next week and dont want to bring my daughter, we're being told not to visit grandparents so that's out, and her minder has 6 kids of her own so I'm not bringing her there even though I'm paying her for the next couple of weeks. Dont know what to do really!

I've a consultant appt next week and dont want to bring my daughter, we're being told not to visit grandparents so that's out, and her minder has 6 kids of her own so I'm not bringing her there even though I'm paying her for the next couple of weeks. Dont know what to do really!

Hiya

My booking apt is on 24th sept (my consultant does her rooms on a tues so shouldve been 17th but was delayed as it’s a bank holiday). Anyway, ideally me and my husband and my son were all going to go but Cork has restricted appointments to patient only and the consultants clinic is the same. So my husband is staying at home minding our soon and I’m going alone. Not ideal but what can you do. Could your other half mind your daughter? I’d be Afraid of bringing a smallie into the hospital myself.

awny wrote:
    My booking apt is on 24th sept (my consultant does her rooms on a tues so shouldve been 17th but was delayed as it’s a bank holiday). Anyway, ideally me and my husband and my son were all going to go but Cork has restricted appointments to patient only and the consultants clinic is the same. So my husband is staying at home minding our soon and I’m going alone. Not ideal but what can you do. Could your other half mind your daughter? I’d be Afraid of bringing a smallie into the hospital myself.

He has to go to work :(

Definitely a tough one! At the minute, our only option is for my husband to drive the four of us and park in the hospital car park for 2 to 3 hours and hope the kids don't need the loo. He'll miss the scan if we do that, and he's devastated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Premem

Hi all, Jumping in here ... due Sept 19th with baby no.2, have a 5 year old boy, 13 months trying for no.2
    Had first scan last week and all looking good so far ... excitement is through the roof

Premem wrote: »
    Hi all, Jumping in here ... due Sept 19th with baby no.2, have a 5 year old boy, 13 months trying for no.2
    Had first scan last week and all looking good so far ... excitement is through the roof

Congrats! It's such a relief to get that first scan out of the way!

Mine's on Friday, but unfortunately I've been informed that because of the infection risk, my husband will not be allowed to attend. This puts us in a real bind as my childminder in these instances is my mother, who obviously shouldn't take the kids. If my husband stays home with them, I will have to rely on public transport to get me there and back (seems like a much higher risk given the new info on pregnancy). Will have to ring Drogheda on Thursday and see what they suggest. Husband is absolutely devastated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Congrats! It's such a relief to get that first scan out of the way!

Mine's on Friday, but unfortunately I've been informed that because of the infection risk, my husband will not be allowed to attend. This puts us in a real bind as my childminder in these instances is my mother, who obviously shouldn't take the kids. If my husband stays home with them, I will have to rely on public transport to get me there and back (seems like a much higher risk given the new info on pregnancy). Will have to ring Drogheda on Thursday and see what they suggest. Husband is absolutely devastated :(

I'd be weary of taking public transport personally could your husband drop you off then bring the kids for a walk & collect you when your finished or pop home if you don't live too far away?

Congratulations by the way maybe ask can you record the scan on your phone for your husband and kiddies in the circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Redmond26

Hi all, I am due to go in for my first scan next Monday where I'll be 15 weeks. I was anxious that it wouldn't go ahead but I see many of you on here have been in for your scan over the last week so hopefully that doesn't change.

Does anyone know if you can record the baby's heartbeat whilst undergoing the ultrasound. I completely understand the precautions hospitals have to take by allowing only mothers attend (in the Rotunda anyway). It's our first baby so it's such a bummer but I completely understand.

Nickibaby* wrote: »
    I'd be weary of taking public transport personally could your husband drop you off then bring the kids for a walk & collect you when your finished or pop home if you don't live too far away?

Congratulations by the way maybe ask can you record the scan on your phone for your husband and kiddies in the circumstances

No, I wouldnt go on public transport but it is the only other option. Unfortunately there would be nowhere safe for hubbie to walk the kids for the 3ish hours I'll be in there and they're both small so they'll need bathroom breaks and feeding in that timeframe. It's an hour drive away so I cant even send him home with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    No, I wouldnt go on public transport but it is the only other option. Unfortunately there would be nowhere safe for hubbie to walk the kids for the 3ish hours I'll be in there and they're both small so they'll need bathroom breaks and feeding in that timeframe. It's an hour drive away so I cant even send him home with them.

Oh no that's unfortunate definitely contact the hospital & see what they can do. Best of luck and congratulations again

I have 2 appointments on 2 different days in the hospital next week. Rang today to see could the both be done on 1 day but unfortunately not. 2 different clinics and neither will change. 1 is for repeat fasting bloods and 1 is to see consultant.

Not thrilled at the idea of having to sit in the hospital on different occasions. Just hope to god social distancing is enforced. I haven't interacted with anyone other than my daughter and husband since this day last week. Just not worth the risk.

Not thrilled at the idea of having to sit in the hospital on different occasions. Just hope to god social distancing is enforced. I haven't interacted with anyone other than my daughter and husband since this day last week. Just not worth the risk.

It's worrying isn't it, I'm the same only seen my husband and child since last Thursday, although he's in work so he could be bringing it home. I'm hoping for some kind of phone consultation as I wont be able to attend my next appt unless my husband is suddenly allowed to work from home next week, but it's just wishful thinking rather than based on anything I've actually heard of happening.

Youngest daughter has been put on the waitlist for testing, so we've been confined to the house and my booking appointment has been cancelled until she gets a negative test :(

ShaShaBear wrote:
    Youngest daughter has been put on the waitlist for testing, so we've been confined to the house and my booking appointment has been cancelled until she gets a negative test

Oh that's so worrying for you all, did they give you any idea when she will be tested? Fingers crossed it comes back negative.

Oh that's so worrying for you all, did they give you any idea when she will be tested? Fingers crossed it comes back negative.

None at all. We only just found out after she developed what seemed like a cold that my in-laws had symptoms and were on the wait list to be tested. She hasn't visited them since it was advised not to, but was with them for an overnight almost 3 weeks ago. Triage advised this meant she ticked the boxes for going on the wait list and we would get a call when they could test her. In-laws have been waiting 5 days now with no word, so we expect to be waiting at least that long :(

ShaShaBear wrote:
    None at all. We only just found out after she developed what seemed like a cold that my in-laws had symptoms and were on the wait list to be tested. She hasn't visited them since it was advised not to, but was with them for an overnight almost 3 weeks ago. Triage advised this meant she ticked the boxes for going on the wait list and we would get a call when they could test her. In-laws have been waiting 5 days now with no word, so we expect to be waiting at least that long

Oh god that is extremely stressful. Hopefully it is just a cold, I really hope you wont be waiting long for the test.

Hi all,

I haven’t had my booking appointment yet, it’s on Tuesday. Just wondering from anyone that has had theirs already, did the midwife/consultant mention anything re the Coronavirus? To take precautions etc? It’s a very worrying time to be pregnant. I feel especially sorry for those due in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Hi Awny, I had my booking appt a good few weeks ago, before all the madness kicked in so nothing at all Was mentioned. Id be interested to know though what the info they give now. Im in clinic the week after next for my first consultant appointment so hopefully I'll get some information then.

I'm 16 weeks now and must admit I'm feeling a little worried now and like Ive lost some of the pregnancy buzz :(

• Advertisement

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Hi Awny, I had my booking appt a good few weeks ago, before all the madness kicked in so nothing at all Was mentioned. Id be interested to know though what the info they give now. Im in clinic the week after next for my first consultant appointment so hopefully I'll get some information then.

I'm 16 weeks now and must admit I'm feeling a little worried now and like Ive lost some of the pregnancy buzz :(

Hiya PlumPud,

Ya I’m 13 weeks on Tuesday, appointment was put back a week for St. Patrick’s Day as consultant sees her private patients on Tuesday. Ball Of nerves already.

I’m not even sure what exactly I should ask her??! Just know that this Coronavirus is giving me the willies.... i know that they are saying that pregnant women are not any more at risk but I’m not buying it 😆

Advertisement