Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Sept 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Good luck shashabear, hope all goes well :)

I was with my consultant on Monday in the Coombe. All went well albeit with a few changes from what I remember. When you go in you're greeted with hand sanitiser then a midwife asks you Some questions before you go to the check in desk. Plenty of space and markings on the floor and the chairs are a good bit away from the desk when you do check in. I was sent straight to the consultant waiting area so no one checked my urine or that. Most of the other ladies were adhering to social distancing and some just blatantly didn't care so I was happy to get out when I did. Didnt feel rushed when I was with the consultant and it was great to have a mini scan in. The room with him. All in all I was done in under an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Thanks so much everyone, healthy and happy baby and booking was done and dusted in 1.5 hours with minimal contact. Due date for 29th of September and bang on my dates, got to see some lovely movement which made up for dad not being there!

Edit: we were all removed from the list because tests have run out in our area, but thankfully everyone is getting better regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

ShaShaBear wrote:
    Thanks so much everyone, healthy and happy baby and booking was done and dusted in 1.5 hours with minimal contact. Due date for 29th of September and bang on my dates, got to see some lovely movement which made up for dad not being there!

ShaShaBear wrote:
    Edit: we were all removed from the list because tests have run out in our area, but thankfully everyone is getting better regardless.

Great news all round!

ShaShaBear wrote:

ShaShaBear wrote:

Great news all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Great news sha sha bear! My consultant told me to take a video and went through the scan for my husband cause he wasn’t there. I thought it was a nice idea.

How are he getting on girls?

I’m starting to feel somewhat normal again but I just wish I could go back to normal life... I’m really hating these restrictions. I feel like by the time I get to meet anyone again, I’ll have a bump 🙈🙈 I had to tell my parents and in-laws over the phone last week, would’ve loved to have told them in person.

• Advertisement

awny wrote: »
    Great news sha sha bear! My consultant told me to take a video and went through the scan for my husband cause he wasn’t there. I thought it was a nice idea.

How are he getting on girls?

I’m starting to feel somewhat normal again but I just wish I could go back to normal life... I’m really hating these restrictions. I feel like by the time I get to meet anyone again, I’ll have a bump 🙈🙈 I had to tell my parents and in-laws over the phone last week, would’ve loved to have told them in person.

I'm shattered most of the day from waking. This isn't my first rodeo, so I fully expect my bloods from yesterday to come back with my iron levels on the floor - Pregnacare never has enough iron in it for me and I always end up on Galfur eventually! My nipples constantly feel like they've been crushed and are so sore (and leaking to boot) but the only other "complaint" I have is the cravings! Protein protein protein. I get so upset and feel so ill if I don't have an egg, cheese or straight up red meat with every meal and I'm starving in between them! Gone off sweet things altogether!

Feeling grand really, heartburn a lot of the time but I am eating more rubbish than usual. Bump still isn't really a bump! Back to waking during the night after having a couple of good weeks but dont know if that's pregnancy related or just general anxiety/not being particularly tired after sitting around a lot.

I really miss my family, my work and my routine. It's funny in the first trimester I was wrecked and thinking wouldn't it be great to be off work until the baby is born...now thats looking more and more likely!

16 weeks now and cant really believe it to be honest, last time I obsessed over each passing day but dont have the same worry now I suppose I trust my body more.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Feeling grand really, heartburn a lot of the time but I am eating more rubbish than usual. Bump still isn't really a bump! Back to waking during the night after having a couple of good weeks but dont know if that's pregnancy related or just general anxiety/not being particularly tired after sitting around a lot.

I really miss my family, my work and my routine. It's funny in the first trimester I was wrecked and thinking wouldn't it be great to be off work until the baby is born...now thats looking more and more likely!

16 weeks now and cant really believe it to be honest, last time I obsessed over each passing day but dont have the same worry now I suppose I trust my body more.

Ya I’m 14 and a bit weeks now and I’m not showing even tho it’s my 2nd baby. My skin is gone desperate tho 🙈🙈 ya this is my third pregnancy but second baby. I had a missed miscarriage on my first pregnancy. So when I was pregnant on my lb, I was obsessed. Now I don’t have time to think too much about it 🙈🙈😢

Feeling the same CashQ, missing my family so much and really want to see them. Missing my freedom too but also enjoy the quiet time at home with my hubby and daughter. I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow and it feels like it's going just so so fast but same, don't think I'm as obsessed about it.

Ladies, just quick question in relation to the whooping cough vaccine. When about did you get it on your last pregnancy? I got mine at 17 weeks (the advice is between 16 and 36) but I’m not sure about going to the GP for it for the foreseeable.

• Advertisement

awny wrote:
    Ladies, just quick question in relation to the whooping cough vaccine. When about did you get it on your last pregnancy? I got mine at 17 weeks (the advice is between 16 and 36) but I’m not sure about going to the GP for it for the foreseeable.

I am hoping to organise it to be administered whenever I next have a GP appointment under the combined care. Had my booking appt around 8 weeks and seeing consultant next week for the first time, so I presume I'll find out at that stage when I should be seeing my GP, haven't had any other appointments except the dating scan. Are you doing combined care? If not I'm sure you could ring the GP and ask for their advice. I know we all feel like we shouldn't be bothering them too much but fast forward to winter and you hear of whooping cough going around, you'll be terrified. It's important to get it if you can. I've heard some surgeries are administering vaccines out in the patient's car. Most aren't allowing anyone into the waiting room and just ring you to come to the door when they're ready to see you. I'm sure they'll have measures in place to keep you safe.

I am hoping to organise it to be administered whenever I next have a GP appointment under the combined care. Had my booking appt around 8 weeks and seeing consultant next week for the first time, so I presume I'll find out at that stage when I should be seeing my GP, haven't had any other appointments except the dating scan. Are you doing combined care? If not I'm sure you could ring the GP and ask for their advice. I know we all feel like we shouldn't be bothering them too much but fast forward to winter and you hear of whooping cough going around, you'll be terrified. It's important to get it if you can. I've heard some surgeries are administering vaccines out in the patient's car. Most aren't allowing anyone into the waiting room and just ring you to come to the door when they're ready to see you. I'm sure they'll have measures in place to keep you safe.

I’m going privately and don’t need to see the GP per se but I went every so often on my last pregnancy. Would you believe I’ve heard that some GPs aren’t doing ante natal appointments at the minute but I don’t know how prevalent that is.

My son is going for his 13 months vaccines in 3 weeks time and Now im thinking that I’ll just get it done that day after him. It’s hard to know what to do.

awny wrote:
    I’m going privately and don’t need to see the GP per se but I went every so often on my last pregnancy. Would you believe I’ve heard that some GPs aren’t doing ante natal appointments at the minute but I don’t know how prevalent that is.

I heard this too, I went to mine with a chest infection last week and saw a couple of obviously pregnant ladies entering the building while I was waiting to be called in so I'm hoping antenatal is going ahead there.
    awny wrote:
    My son is going for his 13 months vaccines in 3 weeks time and Now im thinking that I’ll just get it done that day after him. It’s hard to know what to do.

That sounds like a good idea, you have to be there anyway. Maybe organise it now in case they need time to order it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Premem

Great news all round!

Delighted that you eventually got in for your appointment.
    I had a very weird experience last week, had my booking appointment over the phone 🙈 I had a head cold and showing signs of the virus so didn’t want to go in.
    Have to call this week to book in for next week for bloods etc and get a date for anomaly scan.
    Haven’t seen gp since getting my pregnancy confirmed in week 4.
    Gp told me at that time that it was hospital, then gp 2 weeks later, hospital again 2 weeks after so seeing them each every 4 weeks, would continue like that up until week 34/35 where I’ll be in every week.
    Looking forward to the anomaly scan, didn’t have this with my last so I’m excited and nervous in equal measures I’m 16+2 now

Premem wrote: »
    Delighted that you eventually got in for your appointment.
    I had a very weird experience last week, had my booking appointment over the phone 🙈 I had a head cold and showing signs of the virus so didn’t want to go in.
    Have to call this week to book in for next week for bloods etc and get a date for anomaly scan.
    Haven’t seen gp since getting my pregnancy confirmed in week 4.
    Gp told me at that time that it was hospital, then gp 2 weeks later, hospital again 2 weeks after so seeing them each every 4 weeks, would continue like that up until week 34/35 where I’ll be in every week.
    Looking forward to the anomaly scan, didn’t have this with my last so I’m excited and nervous in equal measures I’m 16+2 now

Even though we were all well, my booking was actually done over the phone as well to cut down on waiting time in the hospital. The only part the midwife did in the hospital was blood pressure, urine and a discussion about domestic abuse when she knew my partner wasnt present (thankfully not the case here, but good for women who may be cornered if the partner was in the room).
    I've never had an anomaly scan either, this will be my first time too! I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow, so it's definitely something to look forward to!

Ladies how many weeks will Ye be when you get your anomaly scan? Think it’s done between 21 and 23 weeks in cork but would love to get it nearer the 21 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lorindol31

Bump is starting to come along now, First baby and at 17 weeks.
    Thinking of ordering some maternity clothes online. Any advice/recommendations for buying online?
    Normal pants are starting to get too tight for me. Would be looking for some elasticated pants/leggings, and long floaty tops. Anything else that people got that were useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Lorindol31 wrote: »
    Bump is starting to come along now, First baby and at 17 weeks.
    Thinking of ordering some maternity clothes online. Any advice/recommendations for buying online?
    Normal pants are starting to get too tight for me. Would be looking for some elasticated pants/leggings, and long floaty tops. Anything else that people got that were useful?

I found Boohoo, H&M and NewLook good for maternity & inexpensive as you probably won't want to look at any of your maternity wear afterwards!

I found maternity jeans from asos good, river island maternity jeans are supposed to be good but didn't try them myself. Heard bad reviews on the maternity Pocos. My friend got the maternity spanx they looked good but by the time I discovered them I didn't want to fork out the €100 as it was later in my pregnancy and I wouldn't have gotten the value.

I got some from new look but in jeggings and Jean I sized down 1 size and they're still quite big but they will fit soon I'd say. Their tops are lovely and comfy and wash well.

I have my anomoly scan closer to 22 weeks. I chose it as the date and time was perfect for me getting to work, but now I'm home and most likely will be at that time too, I'm ragin it's so far away 😂 but the other side, I'm hoping by then (almost 3 weeks away) the no partner ban will be lifted.. Wishful thinking??

Anyone thought about travel systems/prams? We've decided on what we want and I'm thinking of buying it now. I'm not superstitious at all I'm just worried I might change my mind in a few months :D

We picked a lovely grey one on Amazon. They have a special baby registry for Prime members that offers 20% off if you order more than £200 I believe it was. Well worth a look if people are thinking of going online!

• Advertisement

awny wrote:
    Ladies how many weeks will Ye be when you get your anomaly scan? Think it’s done between 21 and 23 weeks in cork but would love to get it nearer the 21 weeks.

I'll be just shy of 23 weeks at my anomaly scan. Feels like a very long time away. I have my first consultant appt on Wednesday at last, starting to get nervous about it but hopeful that all will be ok.

Plum Pud wrote:
    Anyone thought about travel systems/prams? We've decided on what we want and I'm thinking of buying it now. I'm not superstitious at all I'm just worried I might change my mind in a few months

I need a double and I know what I want but need to see if it'll fit in the boot when folded, if not that will be the deciding factor for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

I need a double and I know what I want but need to see if it'll fit in the boot when folded, if not that will be the deciding factor for me!

Cash Q can I ask what double buggy you’re thinking of getting?

My second will be just shy of 2 when baby is born.
    I’m debating between the out n about or an uppababy vista.

The car seat going on to the vista is the thing I’m debating needing or not needing.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    We picked a lovely grey one on Amazon. They have a special baby registry for Prime members that offers 20% off if you order more than £200 I believe it was. Well worth a look if people are thinking of going online!

Oh that's interesting. Would u mind sharing what you're looking at? The one I picked is way more expensive on amazon and I'm just not sure what else to look at

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Oh that's interesting. Would u mind sharing what you're looking at? The one I picked is way more expensive on amazon and I'm just not sure what else to look at

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GWVF5K7/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_.7ZIEbTN4VATZ

This is the one we are considering. Now, its personal preference on the car seat. Our car will not take isofix and we are more than happy to use a seatbelt one as we did with all three, but there are loads of options for just the carry cot/stroller combo. We've had two kids already and aren't too pushed on the flashier options.

Oh I really like that and the reviews are really good too! This is our second and we didn't do flash on the first either and our car wasn't isofix at the time 😂 now I'm thorn what to go for 😂

Oh I really like that and the reviews are really good too! This is our second and we didn't do flash on the first either and our car wasn't isofix at the time 😂 now I'm thorn what to go for 😂

It's not an obscure brand and I thought it was super, super cute and extremely reasonable with the price. Almost entirely sure theres 20% off it if you sign up for the baby wishlist. I have my travel system, cot, mattress, bouncer chair, high chair, tummy time mat, breast pump and bags and bottles for it all added in from them 😂

Edit: apologies, its 10% off 200 sterling spend, and goes up in increments after that. Still, 24 sterling off is better than nothing!

Absolutely, every little helps!!!

Can you recommend a breast pump. I started bf'ing last time but only lasted a few days... Really want to make a solid effort this time.

Cameoette wrote:
    Cash Q can I ask what double buggy you’re thinking of getting?

Thinking Out and About too, I think they do car seat adaptors but only for single buggies. I'm thinking l'll use my single buggy which takes the car seat most of the time that I have the car as my toddler will want to walk eg in and out of shopping centres etc. but when we drive somewhere for an outing/walk I'll take the double. I also want the double for daily walks in the area.

• Advertisement

Absolutely, every little helps!!!

Can you recommend a breast pump. I started bf'ing last time but only lasted a few days... Really want to make a solid effort this time.

Honestly would be no use to you there, I didnt use one with my first and like you stopped after a few days, and was given one with no brand on my second that broke a few weeks in! Theres quite a few rechargeable ones (so no plugs) on Amazon for about 30 to 60 pound, and I'm just going to get one of those! They had really good reviews!

Advertisement