Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resetting password when using Facebook login

Options
  • 18-01-2020 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I setup my Boards.ie account using my Facebook account, so when I sign in to Boards, it gets me to sign in via FB.

I'm closing my FB account for a few weeks while I'm busy with work but would still like to be able to use my Boards account. The only problem is each time I try login to Boards, it sends me to FB, which re-activates my account. And I can't change my Boards password because technically I don't have one, it's the FB login.

I've made a right mess of it!

Is there any way I can fix this and use an email and password login instead of FB?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hopefully someone from the office will be along when they are back in tomorrow. They should be able to help you on this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

on the login window click the 'I have forgotten my password' link, enter your username and it should send a new password to the email associated with your facebook account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

on the login window click the 'I have forgotten my password' link, enter your username and it should send a new password to the email associated with your facebook account

Ah! Hadn’t tried that, thank you!!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Ah! Hadn’t tried that, thank you!!

Morning Steyr 556,

Did this work out for you in the end?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement