If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED65B8S CLEARANCE

Options
  • 18-01-2020 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi can I ask a few questions about the above TV please,

Is it just the one stuck pixel, do you know what colour its stuck on and the approximate position. I'd be sitting about 3.5 meteres away so it may not be visible from there.

what would the price be with the sony str-dh790

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi can I ask a few questions about the above TV please,

Is it just the one stuck pixel, do you know what colour its stuck on and the approximate position. I'd be sitting about 3.5 meteres away so it may not be visible from there.

what would the price be with the sony str-dh790

Thanks,

Steve
    Hi Steve.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately I have not seen the set myself so I'm not sure. It's currently held at one of our warehouses off site.
    The stuck pixel is to the top centre if I'm correct but don't know which colour it is stuck on.

I'll see if I can find these details out for you and I will see if it is possible to get a photo and post it up here for you also. (This might not be possible until Monday though as I'm based in the Belfast store and the TV is currently stored in Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the response. A picture would be great, I think If its up the top I could live with it.

Steve

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the response. A picture would be great, I think If its up the top I could live with it.

Steve
    Hey SemperFidelis.

No problem at all.

Leave it with me and I'll see what I can find out on Monday.

Hey SemperFidelis.

Just to let you know I haven't forgot and will have the picture for tomorrow at some point.

Thanks Kenny

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny
    Hey SemperFields.

Sorry about the delay with this.

I'm having a little issue getting someone at our off site holding cage to be able to get the TV connected up and a picture taken.
    (There are no Richersounds employees based here unfortunately).

If it was here with me at the Belfast store I could have it done pretty quickly.

I will keep you updated and try to get this for you as quickly as I can.

Thanks for the update Kenny. 

A picture would be ideal but if that's proving too difficult to arrange then any information you might have about the location and number of stuck pixels would probably suffice. I assume that other than the pixel issue the screen is unblemished. 

Thanks,

Stephen

Thanks for the update Kenny. 

A picture would be ideal but if that's proving too difficult to arrange then any information you might have about the location and number of stuck pixels would probably suffice. I assume that other than the pixel issue the screen is unblemished. 

Thanks,

Stephen
    Hey SemperFidelis.

It is just the one stuck pixel the rest of the panel is perfect.
    As far as I can remember is it located top middle somewhere. (I haven't seen the TV myself unfortunately).

I'll see what other information I can tomorrow when 

Thanks for you patience on this.

Hi Kenny,

I think as this is just as single pixel at the top of the screen and with a pixel being about a third of a millimetre I'm not going to see if from 3m away which is the closest I'd be sitting while watching the TV. 

Can you give me your best price for the TV with the Sony STR-DH790 receiver and the Canton movie 75 speakers.

How does the str-dh790 compare to the str-dn1080 for sound quality. I have a shield TV so don't need all of the connectivity options the 1080 gives.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Kenny,

I think as this is just as single pixel at the top of the screen and with a pixel being about a third of a millimetre I'm not going to see if from 3m away which is the closest I'd be sitting while watching the TV. 

Can you give me your best price for the TV with the Sony STR-DH790 receiver and the Canton movie 75 speakers.

How does the str-dh790 compare to the str-dn1080 for sound quality. I have a shield TV so don't need all of the connectivity options the 1080 gives.

Thanks,

Steve
    Hi SemperFidelis.

I've still not had any luck on getting someone to take a picture of it for me unfortunately.

The 1080 is the better unit but a lot of the extra cost is down to inputs and outputs and features.

I could offer the 1080 and the canton movie 75 for £599
    Or the 790 with the Movie 75 for £470

You may also require some speaker cable and a sublink for connecting the Movie 75 to the amp so it does not come with any included.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Advertisement

I'm going to replace an old surround system with this one so will be ok for sub link but will need 10m of cable.

I'll go ahead with the 790 and the canton speakers. Can you give me the complete price including the TV and the speaker cable.

thanks,

Steve

I'm going to replace an old surround system with this one so will be ok for sub link but will need 10m of cable.

I'll go ahead with the 790 and the canton speakers. Can you give me the complete price including the TV and the speaker cable.

thanks,

Steve
    Afternoon Semperfidelis.

Adding the TV to the 790 and the Movie 75 would come to £1469.00
    I can do the 10 meters of cable at half price which would add an extra £5.90
    Total would then be £1474.90 delivered.

Sounds good Kenny,

I'll PM you my number now.

Sounds good Kenny,

I'll PM you my number now.
    Cheers SwmperFidelis :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.