Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do the Irish always vote for such terrible politicans?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Unlike our UK and US counterparts?

We attract a peculiar type of w**ker mind you, narcissistic college drop outs, get handy money and no accountability, hard to blame them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People talk about voting for the Healy-Rae's in Kerry and what are they thinking.
    I'd be more concerned about all those who voted for Ferris over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Hang on a second you have Putin in Russia, you have Trump in the USA and Boris in the UK and WE vote bad politicians in?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,591 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

As we all know, the plain people of Ireland are some of the most decent, hard-working, intelligent, honest, and humble creatures you'll find on the planet. The sort of lad and lassie who ate their dinner in the middle of the day, and love nothing more than a few pints at the weekend. 'Sure what more would ya want', as you might hear them say.

What's so baffling then is their insistence on voting for politicians who must surely rank as amongst the worst on the planet. Greedy fers up in the D lining their own purse, and making decisions like not to fix the health service out of sheer spite.

What can be done about this I wonder? I open the floor to the astute political animals of the current affairs forum. Men with their finger on the pulse of the Nation. Should we ban certain professions from entering politics for example? Or if your father or mother was a TD then you can't run? Should we make them live in shared apartments in Dublin? Just some quick ideas.

I suppose this came to me as I saw a tweet showing a load of Chinese executives being admonished by their peers for not hitting targets.

https://twitter.com/china_trends/status/1218531280842706946

We could do something similar for our useless politicians? Maybe have it on Merrion Square on the 8th of December so jackeens and mucksavage alike can throw abuse at politicans and offer them verbal encouragement on how they could do better?

If you look around Ireland there are but a small handful of politicians that you would class as being someone you would trust with a multi billion euro enterprise.

However, we are all confined to voting within our own areas and all one can do is vote for the best candidate to represent you. If they are all poor candidates then vote what may be the best of the worst, that’s hardly the fault of the people but rather a sign that nobody of character is attracted to represent your area.

Advertisement